Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Oliver.Queen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Would Arnav kiss her in the next one! I am jus curious, in how many chapters do u think the kids will find out about Arnav being the father?Edited by Arnav1Khushi - 10 years ago
love_iqbal_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: swatim318

OK I just realized.. i havent commented on the recent update of B&B.. my bad..No worries my love!πŸ˜‰

you know what was the thing I did just after I finished reading it?? I screamed YEEEIII.. THAT was a happy squeal yeah.. and THANK GOD I was alone in the room..πŸ˜† Bahaahhh...I wonder what your hubby would have done if you had screamed with him there...I'm telling you...your reactions to my updates are eventually going to send him hunting for me.😳

OMG.. Khushi is dreaming of Kiss every morning (morning being the word here) so Mrs. Raizada is falling in Love with Mr. Raizada ALL over again..😳 Precisely!!πŸ˜‰

hahaha... oh how i loved the little banter she was playing inside her mind..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† she is Actually behaving like a teenager who has fallen is love the very first time...Yeah...love makes you feel all sorts of things and ages, I guess...not that I have any experience in the matter...baahahh

yeeiii the twins are here again.. awww they are soo cute.. oh god i sooo want to take them home.. i am sure u have a gala time writing their scenes dont u.. πŸ˜‰  I do!!  I have a 9 year old brother...and Amber/Adi are almost 5 in this fic...so I've witnessed my brother's childhood first hand...and I think of him when I write the twins' scenes...

hahahaha.. so Anjali is on a teasing spree... Loved that... soo happy to see these two ladies sharing some light moments.. More of those coming  up...

wooowww their morning ritual.. twins on a tickling mission yet again..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  One of these days, I'll make Arnav-Khushi get into a tickling war...what do you have to say about the idea? *Flirty eyebrow wiggle*  (IF needs that emoticon!  >_<)

its sooo good to see that they are easing more around each other... they are becoming more free... the comfort is soo clear to notice... and Arnav noticing all that is.. wooowww...In the next part...more people will notice it..hehehh

oh woowww Arnav knows what goes on in khushi's mind... what wud make her comfortable.. and what disturbs her... and the conversation.. hmmm.. emotional.. but i guess it was needed.. and was important..Another important/emotional conversation coming up...its pretty finalizing in terms of where Khushi is headed...

and what shud I say on their little family time... awww.. soo cute.. yes from far it exactly looked like one happy family.. happy and family that is, with some strings attached...Yeah...from far, it is a happy family...the next update...will look a bit closely at a particular string which needs to be attached soon... 

Oh BTW.. I LOVE MONOPOLY.. and playing it with my neice make it more fun... i was imaging me and him playing during this scene..πŸ˜‰Me too!!  I play with my brother and his friends (can you tell I love kids???) and this cheating scene actually happened with me...kids these days I tell you...they tried to sneak money from the "bank" aka ME.😳😡 and when I was dealing with the theif, my brother and couple other kids moved their tokens.

hmmm the Aman Khushi talk.. its good that he opened up in front of khushi.. she made him see the point.. looking forward to see his raction to Anjali's past...his reaction in the next part...πŸ˜‰

awww the Garden talk of Arshi.. so adorable.. and the song... OMG you could not have picked a better song for them... this song is sooo made for them.. and i love the way you DISCRIBED their dance word by word... i could actually picturize it..Thank you lavs!  I was torn between that one and Teri Meri...but when I tried to picture the scene...this song just clicked with me more than Teri meri...

OMG he was gonna kiss her.. and i held my breadth.. but alas his fears popped up.. which is justifiable actually...

and I am soo glad that khushi's misconception was cleared.. i seriously dont want a misunderstanding at this point... See...I'm evil sometimes, but not THAT evil.πŸ˜†  I can guarantee that there will be no more misunderstandings between Arnav and Khushi.😳

and OMG.. she kissed him... SHE KISSED HIM.. it was not a passionate one but definitely a beautiful one..One step at a time, right?  She took her step...next chapter...it shall be Arnav.  whaddaya say?πŸ˜‰

Altogether a BEAUTIFUL update...Thank you!πŸ€—

loved every bit of it...Gracias, my lady.😳

waiting for next eagerly... i am sure now i dun have to wait for long.. you are gonna update by tomorrow.. whheeewww  Yeap...perks of commenting late.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›..just kidding..but yes...I'm updating in a few mins.😳

thanks for pm..

Originally posted by: LadyR

Please update this when ever time permits ;-)

Updating in a few minutes sweets.πŸ˜ƒ

Updating in a few minutes!πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: ankitamishra201

r we getting an update ..plzz tell so dat i can go to sleep ...

i will not b able to read tomorrow n may b for 3 days ...i hope u update now 

I know I replied to you via a PM but still, I'm sorry I couldn't update yesterday...I just didn't have the part completed...😳

Originally posted by: Arnav1Khushi

Would Arnav kiss her in the next one! I am jus curious, in how many chapters do u think the kids will find out about Arnav being the father?

Maybe he will, maybe he wont...stay tuned, I'm updating in a bit!πŸ˜‰  I don't want to put a deadline on when the kids find out that Arnav is their dad but I will say that its nearing...I kind of hinted at it by bringing up that conversation with him and Khushi...😳

Previous Chapter:

I forgot to introduce this in the last update, as was planned but here it is now:

Thank you Araina for making the siggy for me!πŸ€—

Part 41: Of Conversations, Decisions, and Questions

Arnav walked into the kitchen to find Khushi at the sink, washing her hands.  He frowned in confusion.  Wasn't she supposed to be dropping off the twins?

"How come you're home so early?"  He questioned as he walked towards her.

She looked over her shoulder at him and her cheeks immediately turned pink, making him smirk inwardly.  She'd been blushing profusely around him all morning and he knew why.  Her boldness of last night was finally catching up with her.

"Aman and Anjali volunteered to drop them off.  They're going to spend the morning together...Anjali wants to talk to him."  Khushi explained as she wiped her hands with a tea towel.

She picked up a plate of egg salad wraps in one hand and a big bowl of fruits in the other just as Arnav approached her.  She nudged her chin towards the pot of coffee.  "Can you please get that?"

Arnav raised an eyebrow in amusement as she brushed past him.  So we were being shy this morning, were we?  Smiling to himself as he recalled their quick kiss from last night, he picked up the coffee and followed her to the dining table.  Instead of sitting across from her, he pulled out the chair right next to her and sat down casually.

"It's sure quiet without Anjali and Aman..."  Khushi voiced the obvious, trying to start a conversation.

"And Ishan too...he's pretty loud for an infant."  Arnav chuckled.

"Aditya was even worse.  Always giggling and screaming and yelping."  Khushi chuckled and shook her head.

"That hasn't' changed much."  Arnav chuckled with her.  "He's still louder than Amby."

"He got that from me...obviously."  She threw him a teasing glance.  "Amber got the shyness from you."

"Me?  And shy?"  Arnav raised his eyebrows.  "Says the woman who's been shying around me all morning."

Khushi gasped but recovered quickly.  If he was going on a teasing spree, she was no less.  She placed her elbows on the table and turned to look at him, capturing his glittering eyes with her teasing ones.  "Says the man who shied away last night."

Arnav's smile faltered a bit and he turned away from her and stared at the half eaten wrap on his plate.

"Got scared is more like it."  He confessed.  He picked up his wrap and resumed eating, trying to play oblivious to her gaze on his face.

He ate in silence until his wrap was done and then picked up his coffee mug.

"I wish you hadn't."  Her voice was barely above a whisper but it made him pause with the cup touched to his lips.  Without placing the cup down, he turned his head to look at her.

"What?"

Khushi took a deep breath and gathered every bit of confidence.  She was hoping to stall this discussion but since they were already on the topic...

"I wish you hadn't gotten scared and walked away."  Khushi turned to look at him kindly.  "For future references...When a situation like that comes up and I'm not protesting it...don't walk away.  It feels something like rejection and it's not a good feeling.  I understand why you did what you did and I respect that but at the same time..." she paused to take another deep breath.  "I don't want to set the boundaries anymore."

Arnav realized that he was still holding the coffee mug and finally placed it back on the table.   His hands formed into fists as her words registered in his mind. 

It feels something like rejection.  I don't want to set the boundaries anymore.  Rejection.  Not a good feeling.  Don't walk away.

"I've thought about it last night, Arnav...and I don't want to be the one who sets the boundaries anymore...I'm handing over that job to you.  If me having that...privilege is going to scare you every time you try to make an advance...then I don't want it.  I don't want to be the one who takes a step forward every time...not at this point."  Khushi reached out and took his hand in hers, making him look at her.  "It's time to make this an equal privilege.  I want you to place faith in yourself...the same faith that I've put into you.  We've come a long way since our accidental meeting at the Dargah... we've passed the point where it's only my call..."

"But it is your call.  You will decide everything.  I've made that clear from the very start." Arnav spoke quietly.

"And I'm deciding this."  She smiled.  "Lately, you have no trouble catching up once you know where I stand...but I want us to be able to take steps together...not have one follow the other...it's a part of the compatibility...You don't necessarily have to wait for me to move forward...if you get ahead of me a little bit and if I'm ready to be where you are...I'll take the necessary steps...and if not...I will let you know.  Trust me on that.  You approached me with that conversation about the twins and it made me happy that you didn't wait around for me to bring it up.  Just like last night...I was happy because I thought...but you walked away.  If I was uncomfortable last night...I would have let you know."  Khushi squeezed his hand to make sure she had his attention.  "If you want us to be together and happy...then I need you to be next to me and take steps forward with me...not after me."

Arnav was quiet for a long time as he sat there thinking over her words.  He had no idea that him being too cautious about upsetting her would lead to her feeling rejected.  He had never intended it like that.  He had crossed his limits with her once and the ghosts of those memories still didn't let him breathe in peace.  Her presence along with the kids had erased some of the ache but it was always there in the periphery, waiting to find him alone and isolated to strike again.  He knew they were close...very close to finishing building the bridge that would allow them to get over the past and move on.  Khushi would have never kissed him otherwise.  That was her way of showing him that she was one step closer to him as his wife.  Her request of them moving forward together was only solidifying his theory. 

She wanted this to work out as much as he did but something was holding her back.  She was fighting her own demons silently as she tried to convince herself to return to him.  Now she needed him by her side to help her fight those demons off.  She needed him to pull her closer so that she could get away from whatever was stopping her.  She needed him to treat her like he would have if the incident hadn't happened.  She needed him to show her that the future won't be tainted by the darkness of the past.  She wanted to be assured that he could tell what she wanted without her having to put her requests into words every time.

She shifted uncomfortably in her chair and broke him out of his thoughts.  "Now would be the time to say something, Arnav. You've been sitting idle for half an hour."

"I'm sorry I made you feel the way I did last night...that wasn't my intention."  Arnav squeezed her hand and relaxed a little when she smiled at him.  "And if you have decided something for us then...your wish is my command."

He leaned in, still tentatively, as he let his gaze linger down to her lips.  She didn't move any closer but didn't move away either.  She decided that this time, she wanted Arnav to take initiative completely.  So she sat there, trying to keep her breathing in control while her heart hammered in her chest as he inched in.  He paused, with no more than a centimetre in between their lips.   This was her chance to back out if she wanted to.  She didn't.

He closed the remaining distance and let his lips press against hers, fulfilling what he wanted to do last night, fulfilling what she wished he'd done last night.  Just like she had done last night, Arnav broke the contact and rested his forehead against hers for a couple of seconds.

She felt his lips touch hers again and she felt herself sway a little under the impact.  The butterflies in her stomach stirred a little.  He tugged on her bottom lip gently with his, making the butterflies in her stomach go berserk.  Khushi couldn't place a finger on what she felt.  She felt dizzy, anxious, happy, and some odd urge she couldn't explain all at the same time.

Recalling the first time she'd felt that way, she admitted one fact to herself secretly.  She was falling in love with him all over again.

He took a deep breath, held it for a second, and let it go slowly.  He couldn't believe the kind of rage he felt at the moment.  He had always been a calm man.  He didn't get mad often but right now he felt murderous.  All he wanted to do was go and find a certain Shyam and rip him apart to pieces.  How could someone be so heartless and cruel to the woman he claimed to love?

He took a number of deep breaths to calm himself down.  He didn't want her to see the anger on his face, lest she misinterpret it.  When he felt as calm as the situation could warrant, he turned away from the ocean to face her again.

"Did you really think that this would change anything?"  He questioned.

She looked down at a sleeping Ishan in her lap.  "I don't know."

"Now you know.  It hasn't changed a thing.  If anything...it has made me respect you and admire you even more."  He waited a few seconds for a response but he didn't get any.  "I apologize if I've come off too strong...I know we haven't known each other long but when it's right...you know it's right."

"Look at me, Aman!  I'm a broken and tainted woman.  I come with a child in my arms.  Do you think your parents would approve?"  She snapped.

"From where I see, Anjali...I see a strong, brave, and independent woman...not a broken or tainted one.  You know how attached I am to Ishan so that's not even a question in this issue...as far as my parents are concerned...my father passed away when I was nineteen and my mother passed away three years ago.  And as much as I know my mother...she would have been proud to have a daughter-in-law like you."  Aman spoke matter-of-factly.

"I don't know if I'll ever fall in love again Aman...I don't know if I can trust another man with my heart...and that's not fair to you.  You deserve someone better."

"I really doubt that, Anjali.  Why are you thinking so far ahead into the future, anyway?  You can't know how things will be five or even ten years from now.  I've seen miserable marriages turn into happy ones and happy marriages turn into miserable ones.  And to be honest with you...I haven't thought that far because I'm not like that.  I take life as it is offered to me and in the past few long years...I haven't come across anyone that I'm attracted to the way I am to you.  I'm not asking you to marry me...Hell, I'm not even asking you to be my girlfriend...All I'm asking for is a chance for us to get to know each other better."

Anjali shrugged.  "I just told you everything about me...there isn't much else to know.  And I know you haven't asked for long term plans but that's just it, Aman...I don't want to lead you on."

"You're not.  In fact...it seems to me like you're trying to change my mind about you."  Aman spoke in a no-nonsense tone.

"Because I don't understand you!  I don't understand why you like me in the first place.  I don't understand how you can just overlook what my past is...I don't understand why you're being so stubborn...I'm trying to make you see reason here..."  Anjali said, frustrated at the fact that he was still adamant on how he felt about her.  Despite everything Khushi and Arnav had told her about Aman, Anjali had expected rejection once she came clean about her past.  She had expected him to walk away but here he was, rooted strongly where he was before.

"No, Anjali...you're trying to convince me to stop my feelings for you...or you're trying to convince yourself that you should say no to my offer."  Aman smiled gently.

Anjali looked away.  He had caught her.  That's exactly what she'd been trying to do.  More than trying to get him to feel otherwise, she was trying to convince herself that she should say no to him.  To be fair to him.  Because he deserved someone who was likely to fall in love with him.

"I understand you need time, Anjali...and I'll wait.  I get attached to people fast and it's already gotten to a point of no return with you and Ishan...I won't force you into this..." Aman shrugged.  "I mean...if you feel even in the slightest that you want to give us a chance then I'm all for it...if you decide that you don't want to...I've still found a good friend in you."

"So stubborn."  Anjali muttered crossly, giving up.

Aman grinned.  "I'm a Taurus.  It's a birth right."

"Oh come on!!"  Angad looked at her pleadingly.  "Just tell me what you and Anjali got her...what if I get her the same thing?  I would look like an idiot!"

"Stop making excuses...and you will never think of what we got her..." Anjali paused chopping and tossed a small potato cube at his head, making Arnav and Aman laugh.

Khushi walked up to Arnav with a mug of his favourite black coffee.  She set it down in front of him with a smile and stood next to him.  She casually draped an arm around his shoulders and put her other hand on her hip, as if this was the most natural stance for her that she'd been standing in for years.  Arnav gladly leaned into her, ignoring the goofy smirks of Aman and Angad.

"I'll give you a hint...we got her books."  Khushi grinned when she saw Angad raise an eyebrow.

"That's so...so...what's a fancier word for boring?"  Angad had just finished speaking when Anjali flung another potato cube at his head.

"Seriously, man...next she'll throw the knife at you."  Aman chuckled but then shut up when Anjali threw a potato cube at his head too.

"You two are mean."  Angad pouted cutely, trying to use his charm to faze the two ladies.

"You're surprised?"  Khushi titled her head and raised an eyebrow.  "You should know that well by now."

"Anjali, stop hitting us with potato cubes, and you two," Arnav looked at Khushi and then at Angad.  "Can we skip your fight and get back to deciding what he can buy for his wife on her birthday?  She'll be back any minute."  Arnav interrupted at last.

For the past half an hour, Khushi's kitchen had been loud with chatter and clatter.  Kripa and Angad had showed up soon after Anjali and Aman had gotten home.  The adults had a relaxing afternoon talking about the orphanage and recent occurrings of the world.  Late afternoon, Kripa had volunteered to pick up the kids from school and while she was gone, Angad had badgered Khushi and Anjali to tell him what they had bought for Kripa's birthday.  After a long discussion and about four potato cubes aimed at Angad's head and one at Aman's, they had still gotten nowhere.

Ishan let out a loud wail, making Aman jump in his seat.  "Uhh...Anjali...I think he needs a diaper change..."  Aman made a face.

Giggling, Anjali took Ishan form Aman and walked out of the kitchen for the necessary task.  She had just left when Aman's phone rang and someone knocked at the main door of the house.

Arnav shot Angad an I-told-you-so look and left to get the door with Aman, who had left to answer the phone call. 

As soon as Arnav opened the door, instead of getting his usual hugs from the twins, he was left standing there while they ran past him and into the kitchen along with Sur and Prateek.  He looked at Kripa and got confused by the expression on her face.  She looked worried, as if anticipating bad news.

Kripa opened her mouth to speak but at the same time, Sur and Prateek came back and dragged her away.  Arnav confusedly followed them after kicking the door closed.  Just as he got there, a synchronized "Happy Father's Day!" echoed in the small space.  Kripa and Khushi's heads snapped around to look at Arnav while Sur and Prateek were gathered in a bear hug by Angad.  Aditya and Amber had gone up to Khushi and she was now kneeling on the floor, hugging her kids, her eyes never leaving Arnav's face.  He looked unpleasantly surprised.

Sur and Prateek handed Angad the gift cards they had made at school while Aditya and Amber handed them to Khushi.  Khushi tore her gaze away from Arnav's pained expression to glance at the crafty paper in her hands. 

It took him a couple of minutes but Angad finally caught onto the awkward situation.  Deciding that it was best they left Arnav and Khushi alone, he came up with a quick idea.  "Its tag time!  I'm it!  Run for your lives!"  He said cheerfully and started chasing the children out of the kitchen with a fake evil laugh.  Kripa looked from Arnav to Khushi and then back at Arnav, worriedly, before leaving the kitchen.

Feeling shaken, Arnav robotically sat down in his chair at the dining table.  In no later than ten seconds, Khushi left as well, after placing the cards on the table, leaving Arnav alone with his thoughts.  Or so he'd thought.

She came back a couple minutes later and added two more folded papers to the two that were already in front of Arnav.  As she stood behind him, she snaked her arms around him from behind and hugged him close while he picked up the cards slowly and looked at them.

It was a scrawny drawing of a woman with two small people drawn by her side.  In the same scribbled writing, there was a multicoloured Hapy Fathher's Day!' across the top of the paper.  A small smile crept onto his face despite the pooling tears in his eyes.

"This was last year's.  They'd barely learnt to write..."  Khushi whispered and placed an encouraging kiss atop his head.

Arnav picked up the recent ones and found a drawing of a teddy bear on one.  It had a Happy Father's Day' written in blue writing next to it.  The second card was of a flower bouquet; no doubt Amber's drawing, with a Happy Father's day' written in pink.

"That's today's."  Khushi whispered again.  She gave him no other explanation.  She just let him sit there and take in the presence of the tokens of love which were, as the twins' father, rightfully his.  Moreover, she didn't know what to say to him at a moment like this.  She could only imagine how horribly heartbroken she would feel if her children were unaware that she was her mother.  She couldn't tell him she understood what he felt because, truthfully, she didn't.  She would never know but she could imagine.

"C-can I keep these?"  Arnav tilted his head back and looked up at Khushi.

She smiled down at him.  "Of course, you can. That's why I handed them to you."  She placed a tender kiss on his forehead.  "I'm sorry..."

Arnav looked back at the cards and shook his head.  "It's not your fault."

"Oops!  I'm sorry" Anjali said hastily from the entrance of the kitchen.  She had walked back in to find Arnav sitting on the chair while Khushi stood, hugging him from behind.  Feeling like she had intruded on a private moment, she had just blurted the apology and was about to leave when Arnav's voice stopped her.

"It's okay...we're just talking."  His voice had a teasing tone to it, making Khushi chuckle.  She wanted to sigh in relief that he had recovered quickly, but she refrained from doing so.

Anjali smiled at him and walked out of the kitchen, ignoring his statement.  Just as she'd walked out, Kripa called out Khushi's name from the living room.  Khushi pulled her arms loose and squeezed his shoulders tenderly before turning towards the door.  She felt his hand close in on her wrist and she turned to look at him.  He lifted her hand to his face and placed two kisses on the back of her palm.

"Thank you."  He smiled at her as he slowly let go of her hand.

Was he thanking her for letting him have the cards or for being there with him, she wasn't sure.  Smiling at him, she left the kitchen and walked to a worried looking Kripa in the living room.

"What's up?"  Khushi raised an eyebrow.

"Khushi...um...We're going to take your leave...Angad...he does the father's day dinners..."  Kripa looked apologetic.

Khushi shrugged.  "Yeah, I know...why do you look worried?"

"Arnav..."  Kripa trailed off, not sure what to say.

Khushi smiled sadly.  "I know...I gave him the cards Amby and Adi made this year and last year...He'll need a bit of time but he'll be fine...you guys go ahead..."

"Are you sure?  I mean..."  Kripa started again.

"Yes!  There's no reason why you guys should cancel your plans...it may not be a dinner out in the restaurant but Arnav will dine with his kids tonight, anyway...it's all good."  Khushi patted Kripa's shoulder.

Kripa eyed her curiously.  "Something has changed between you two...you two are more...more...domestic...I guess."

Khushi smiled and nodded a bit shyly.  The expression changed quickly and became serious.  "I'm so confused, Kripa!"  Khushi glanced at the kitchen's entrance and lowered her voice.  "Everything is going great...we've come a long way...but...I still don't see the future clearly...I'm happy with my life right now...I'm comfortable with him...in fact, I like being around him...I look forward to the private conversation I have with him...I'm happy with him here then why can't I see myself going back home with him?  Something is holding me back but I can't put a finger on it!  It's frustrating sometimes..." 

Khushi bit her lower lip and played with her hands as she waited for Kripa to say something.  She knew Kripa would be able to offer some wise words to make her feel better.  And if not...it still felt good to have ranted about the frustration.

"It's natural Khushi.  Your conscious is holding you back...after what you've been through...I'm not surprised that you feel confused...but confused is better than a downright refusal, right?  It means you're considering going back with him now...you're considering making those promises again."  Kripa paused for a few seconds.  "Don't dwell on it to much...just go with the flow...if it feels right, if it feels natural; don't let anything get in the way.  You're a strong woman and you have a lot of control over your mind...don't let your mind take over your heart in these decisions...You always say that sometimes you have to listen to your heart over your mind...now you just need to apply your own motto in this situation..."

Khushi nodded as the words registered.  That's what she had been trying to do all this time.  Listen to her heart instead of the mind's logical views.  If that's what it took for her to make a decision, then that's what she'll stick to until she can make one.

"Amber?"  Arnav shook her gently when she seemed like she was lost in thoughts again.

"Yeah?"  She looked up at him with her doe-like eyes.

"I said the pot is full with water already."  Arnav took the watering can out of her hands and nudged his chin in the direction of the now overflowing pot of jasmines.  He eyed his daughter curiously.  "Are you okay?"

She nodded but gave him no answer.  "I'm going to wash my hands."

And with that she stood up and walked away from him.  Arnav stared after her with a frown on his face.  Amber had been acting weird all evening.  Something was bothering her.  Arnav's fatherly instincts took over immediately.  Was she feeling ill?  Was she upset about something?  Did Khushi yell at her?  Did she have a fight with Adi?  Did someone say anything to her at school?  Was she being bullied?

Thinking that Khushi must know what was wrong, he made his way to the kitchen where Khushi was setting the table with Anjali for dinner.

"Khushi?  Can I talk to you for a second?"  He came straight to the point.

Khushi looked at him with a frown, confused at the urgency in his voice.  He walked around the island counter and Khushi followed him until they were in the farthest corner of the kitchen.

"Did something happen with Amber?"  He questioned in a whisper.

Khushi raised her eyebrows in surprise.  "Not that I know of...wasn't she with you in the backyard?"

Arnav nodded.  "She seems upset...she keeps zoning out.  Did something happen at school?"

Khushi's brows knit together in concentration as she tried to recall anything.  "No...As much as I know...she loves her teacher and the kids in her class are pleasant too..."

"Something is definitely bothering her."  Arnav glanced towards the entrance when Aditya, Amber, and Aman walked in. 

Khushi followed his gaze and looked at Amber.  She did look upset.  Khushi had been too caught up with Arnav's reaction to the father's day fiasco earlier to notice the glumness on her daughter's face.

"I'll talk to her after dinner..."  Khushi said reassuringly to a worried looking Arnav.

They walked back to the dining table and Khushi took the seat next to Amber while Arnav took the other seat next to Khushi.  As they began eating, Khushi noticed Amber's lack of participation in the conversations.  She was staring at her food and pushing it around with a spoon, rather than eating it.

"You're not eating...What's the matter honey?"  Khushi questioned in a quiet tone.

Amber shook her head and stuffed a bit of roti into her mouth.  Khushi continued to look at Amber for a couple minutes to make sure she was eating.

"Are you not feeling alright?"  Khushi picked up a glass of water to take a sip.

Amber set down her spoon and looked up at her mother.  "Mamma, where's dad?"

Next Part:

And with that update, Katie completes her 5000 posts on IF!πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯³

Coming back to the part:  there it is, on time, as promised!  I apologize for the cliffhanger!!  I ended it there for two reasons.  One, because I didn't want to end this cute-ish part with the sadness that's coming up.  Secondly, I didn't want to divide the rest of this scenarios into two parts.

So, I hope I'm forgiven for the cliffhanger.πŸ˜‰  As per the next part, it shall be up no later than Feb 8th.  

The usual drill, people: click liike/comment/suggest/predict!πŸ˜‰

Love,
Katie <3

Edited by love_iqbal_khan - 10 years ago
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
A very touching update. Loved Khushi's frank talk with Arnav and the results that it yielded. And the Father's Day part was very well done and had me anticipating Amber's question...wonder how ArHi will handle this new development...

Aman-Anjali part was well written too and made Aman come out as a really great human.
Oliver.Queen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey. Lovely update. Khushi was a bundle of nerves in front of him. That was sooo cute. She felt so intimated. The fact that both are teasing each other about the kiss shows the depth that is forming in the relationship. The conversation is really necessary. Arnav should know that he has to learn to take baby steps,in improving their relationship now. I found it cute that he was still waiting for Khushi to back away from the kiss. N he kissed her. Well another peck but not less than a steamy kiss. But plzzz hav one of those soon. Plllzzz. 
The Father's Day really took a toll on Arnav. I can imagine the dread he must b facing when the kids r right in front of ur eyes but he can't inform them that he is the father. It must be painful. Kripa is so understanding. She knew Arnav n Khushi would be worried about this impending problem. 

I felt really sorry for. Amber. Khushi also mentioned once before that Amber seems to see through the facade that she made of Arnav being abroad n will come when they r twelve. Poor Amber. She seems shelled up n she is really yearning for a father. Really hope she finds out soon. Arnav shares a great relationship with Amber. Loved the parenting part where Arnav informed Khushi about Amber's behavior. Another week for ur update. It's definitely worth the wait. 

I gave the link of ur story to my sister in law. She can't stop raving about ur story. πŸ˜›
Edited by Arnav1Khushi - 10 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome.. it is the time to come clean and tell children about their dadEdited by ranogill - 10 years ago
arnshi thumbnail
That was another step...felt bad for arnav..he is father yet he cant claim them...Khushi is really sensible and strong.
I am sure kids queries will be answered soon.
A very nice update.

ILoveFF thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome... Thought this question may pop up
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful update
loved it
thanks for the pm