AR FF: Defeated In Love pt17 pg1 10/09

Taira thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Part-1

She was startled when she opened her eyes.........finding herself in a strange room but then she saw his face next to hers and realized where she was. She moved closer to him and placed a kiss on his bare chest.........she stared at his handsome face for sometime and blushed when images from the previous night flashed in front of her eyes. She was in the arms of the man she loved.............she felt complete and happy.

She saw him open his eyes and stare at her and then suddenly he sat up realizing where he was or rather with whom he was. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he came back to reality............he moved towards the side table and opening a drawer he took out a pill and gave it to her................firstly she stared at it not knowing what it was but then she was shocked when she heard him speak "Eat it if you don't want to get pregnant or else the world will know what you were up to." he chuckled but stopped when she placed her head on his shoulder and said "I don't care what the world thinks about me. I don't think I have done anything wrong..................I love you and now I can proudly say that I belong to you.........mind, body and soul." she had a dreamy smile on her face which faded when he stood up with a jerk…...standing naked in front of her and then he spoke with a lot of confusion, shock and attitude all mixed into one "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Belonging…………..mind, body and soul………..love……….have you gone mad…………hellooooo snap out of it………...what are you thinking? I don't think I ever said that I was in love with you nor did you say that last night……....it was plain sex……...that's it." He looked at her with disbelief but smacked his head when he saw tears coming out of her eyes………..finally she spoke "You are joking right……...you do love me. You won't leave me right?" She looked at him with hope in her eyes but was shocked when he started laughing like a maniac "Are you crazy? Have you ever checked yourself in the mirror? I have never seen anyone uglier then you are. You really think that I can ever be in love with you? I have supermodels hanging at my doorstep everyday but you think that I'll fall in love with a creature like you. I have slept with 9 out of 10 girls and I am not in love with them………....we did the same last night. I was drunk alright or else I wouldn't have even slept with you. You women I tell you." She got up from the bed wrapping the sheets around herself and went closer to him and said in a pleading voice "Please don't do this. I'll die without you." he looked at her as if she was from another world and then his expressions changed to that of hatred and menace and he said in a cold voice "You need money don't you?" She couldn't believe her ears. She felt weak and before she knew she fell on the bed and saw him walk towards his closet. He threw a blank cheque on her face and left the room.

She looked at the blank cheque and saw his signatures ARMAAN MALIK.

She was wearing a one shoulder tunic with a jewel strap with wide slit sleeve with Metallic flowers and swirls decorating the front. Her hair were flying around her head. She was changing her pose every now and then for the camera to capture it. She looked like a stunning goddess but actually she was modeling for an international garment brand located in New york. She is one of the most beautiful, sexy and successful model the industry ever had.

"Done. Pack up." The photographer shouted. The photo shoot was over for the day so she went back to her green room. The moment she stepped inside her cell rang…...she sat on the chair in front of the mirror and took the call.

"Hey priya……....whats up?………...hmmmm….well I am done with the assignment I was working on so I think I can come and see you guys……,…..oh sure…………okay then I'll see you soon…………bye babe." she hung up and started removing her make up when she heard the knock on the door.

"Come in" Her friend cum photographer Andy walked in with his laptop in his hands. Placing it on her dressing table he proudly said "Look babe…….your photos are absolutely smashing and I am sure you are gonna rock once again." She looked at the photographs indifferently and then went back to removing her make up when Andy interrupted her and said "Don't you like them? Don't you think they are smashing?"

She got up from her chair and faced Andy with an arrogant smirk and said "Oh common Andy grow up. Of course the photographs are smashing after all they are MY photographs."

Andy shook his head with a smile and said "Give at least some credit to the photographer…….I added my magic to your photograph. But I still have to admit you really are the best………here read this………..the press and the public are all crazy about you." He smiled and left after handing over the newspaper to her.

She opened it and read the headlines 'RIDDHIMA CARTER the Indian beauty once again rocked the show'

He opened the door and went inside his room and immediately plopped down on his bed and rewinded all that had happened a few minutes ago. The girl was a handful………...she had refused to take the cheque and repeated the same thing again and again "I love you Armaan. Please don't leave me like this"

God the girl was crazy or maybe a really nice actress…….Maybe she really does love me? Nah what are you thinking Armaan……...these girls just need money and that's it. She is smart………..she wants more money……..she thinks I'll marry her or something and then she'll have all my money instead of just a cheque.

Armaan smirked and said "Too bad honey……..you are not going to get anything more then that."

"ARMAAN!!!"

He heard his father calling him so he quickly rushed to his room.

"Ya dad." Armaan went inside his room and sat next to his father on his bed. His father smiled and said "Look son day after tomorrow Mr.Gupta is going to be here. I want you to handle this project and meet him and remember he is one of the most important personality in the business world so behave like a professional around him. I want to merge one of our companies which will only be possible if he likes the way we work and finds the deal profitable so I want you to work hard on this and work your charm on him so that he agrees to my proposal." Armaan frowned and with humor in his voice said "DAD!!! You are asking me to work my charm on a man and that too an old one. Is he gay by any chance?" Armaan's father gave him a disapproving look and said "Armaan be serious because this is really important and I want no mistakes. Have I made myself clear?" Armaan replied seriously "Yes sir."

Armaan's father Abhimanyu Malik was one of the most successful business man in
India. He owned numerous hotels, cosmetic companies, advertisement agencies and now a fashion house called "ENIGMA"

His wife had passed away 10 years back and since then he had tried to give his son all the love and care that he needed but that had really spoilt his son but Abhimanyu Malik didn't care as long as his son was happy. Now he wanted his son to start paying attention to their business and that was why he was handing over the responsibility of the prestigious project to him. He knew his son was brilliant and he did every thing with perfection so he knew he could trust him. He smiled and patted his son's back.

"Ya dad I know and that is exactly why I am coming to India." Riddhima replied to her dad on phone which was on speaker right now.

"Child I want you to join my business and you can always continue modeling in India but as my daughter and owner of my company. You can model for our company." Riddhima frowned and replied "Dad relax alright and don't you think it will be a little weird if I'll be modeling along with running such a prestigious company besides I have a very well established carrier here so I am not sure I want to leave this behind."

"Riddhima just come and see if you like the place and if you don't like working here then I won't insist and you can continue your carrier there. But you won't be Riddhima CARTER here because you are going to be my daughter Riddhima GUPTA. Now I want to see you here by tomorrow evening. I have a meeting so now we'll talk when you'll be here. Good bye." He hung and Riddhima groaned. She loved New york but now she'll have to leave this place and go to India. She had not visited India for almost 3 years now. His father would come and visit her. Her parents were divorced……...her mom Mollie Carter was an acclaimed actress and after marriage, according to the press had a burning affair with one of her co-stars due to which her father divorced her but her mum never accepted the charges……..Riddhima too refused to believe the charges because being a part of the industry herself she knew how press can exaggerate and mould things to their liking and can turn an absolutely normal and harmless friendship into a burning affair just to make money………oh how she hated them. She was now going to spend some time with her dad and help him in his huge business.

Riddhima sighed and went to pack her bags and checked her flight tickets.

Part-2

Armaan entered the conference room and saw his father sitting with an elderly gentleman who he concluded must be Shashank gupta. He entered inside and heard his dad say "Here son, meet Mr.Shashank gupta. Mr.Gupta, this is my son Armaan." Armaan shook hands with Shashank gupta and sat down across him. They started discussing their plans for their new project but stopped when Shashank's cell rang……… "Excuse me please." Shashank excused himself and attended the call after which he came inside with an apologetic expression and told them "I am sorry……..I'll have to leave. My daughter's flight will be landing anytime and I have to go receive her so we will have to continue this discussion some other day."

Armaan's father interjected "Shashank why don't you sit and discuss the project with me and let Armaan go and receive your daughter?" Armaan was shocked to hear his father's suggestion……....am I some kind of a low employee whom he is sending to receive his client's daughter? Why should I go to receive some girl…..girl hmmmm………well maybe I can have some fun…….fine dad bring it on……..

Armaan's thoughts were interrupted by his father's voice "So Armaan can you go and receive Riddhima?"

Hmmmmm Riddhima not bad…. "Sure dad. I'll go." Armaan left for the airport when it hit him that he didn't know what she looked like. He smacked his head and dialed his dad's number who didn't take the call probably because he was busy with the discussion so Armaan stopped his car at a shop and bought a Chart paper and sketch pen and wrote down the name RIDDHIMA GUPTA on it and left for the airport.

"Hey babe……..ya I have arrived here………..But what's wrong with her and why the hell is she not receiving my call…………….WHAT…....SHE IS ADMITTED IN A HOSPITAL………..and you are telling me now……I am coming…….but why can't I see her?………So when will the visiting hours open……….okay fine I'll go see her in the evening…….ya will see you there……bye" Riddhima hung up the call and massaged her forehead which was now aching badly because of worry which was for one of her friend who was admitted in the hospital and now she wasn't able to locate her father amidst the crowd.

"I am not going to talk to him if he has forgotten to pick me up." She muttered to herself and then she saw a tall and broad guy holding a card which said her name.

Whose this guy? He can't be some driver…….no ways he is too handsome to be that……….Man he looks pretty hot………..Well lucky for him Riddhima has a weakness for Indian men……….

She smiled to herself and walked towards Armaan who was busy on phone with someone. She went and stood in front of him and saw Armaan's cell slip from his hand.

Armaan stopped breathing when he saw the exotic beauty approach him and suddenly coming to the airport became the best thing ever.

Dude whose this chic……..she looks bloody hot………look at those curves in her black spaghetti and white capris……..man she is a killer and the beautiful face……….hmmmmm what lips? I wanna kiss them and whats with the eyes………..why is she wearing those stupid shades……...I wanna remove them………...hey hold on………...do I know her………...OH MY GOD SHE IS RIDDHIMA CARTER……….THE SUPER MODEL.

And Armaan's cell slipped from his hand. Riddhima saw the change of expressions on his face from amazement to hunger to disappointment and then to shock. Riddhima smirked to herself when she realized that the guy was already besotted by her. She picked his cell and handed it to him………..Armaan took the cell………still in a daze but snapped out of it when he heard Riddhima say "Are you here to pick me up?" Armaan frowned and wished that he was but then he shook his head and said "Nope, I am here to pick Riddhima but unfortunately not Riddhima Carter but Riddhima Gupta."

Riddhima smirked and extending her hand towards him spoke in an arrogant voice "Hi! I am Riddhima gupta." Armaan stood expressionless but the very next moment he burst out laughing "Dude…you really want to come with me don't you? Well not your fault…...I have that effect on women and you are no exception."

Riddhima was offended now…..she clearly knew that this handsome hunk was smitten but was trying to act smart so she retorted in a haughty voice "I AM RIDDHIMA GUPTA, DAUGHTER OF SHASHANK GUPTA. Here you can see this yourself." she opened her handbag and took out a photograph of her dad and herself with her mom and handed it to Armaan who was shocked to see it.

The amazingly and stunningly sexy supermodel Riddhima Carter is SHASHANK GUPTA'S DAUGHTER……dude the lucky b******.

Riddhima snapped her fingers in front of Armaan's face who came out of his thoughts and returning the photograph quickly said "I am really sorry Ms.Gupta but I knew you as Riddhima Carter and your being Mr.Gupta's daughter didn't exactly click……...Oh okay now I got it. I read in an interview of yours about that your parents actually got divorced and hence the confusion……."

Armaan bit his tongue when he saw the hurt expression on her face and realized that mentioning her parent's divorce like that wasn't such a good idea. He immediately spoke "I am so sorry. I am such a jerk…...please forgive me. I had no intention of hurting you. I am really very sorry."

He relaxed when Riddhima gave him a short smile and they both went and sat in his car. When they were both comfortably seated he extended his hand towards her and spoke "Hi I am Armaan Malik…..the jerk who has absolutely no sense as to how to talk to a pretty lady like you." Riddhima chuckled hearing that and giving him a sweet smile placed her hand in his. Armaan felt her soft skin in his hand and resisted the urge to kiss it. He looked ahead and started the car and informed her "We'll be going to my office where your dad is waiting for you. He wanted to come but my dad wanted to discuss something so he sent me instead."

Riddhima nodded. Armaan was about to hit the road when his cell rang and he saw his friend Atul's name flashing on the screen. He smiled and picked it up "Hey champ……What's up?"

"Arre kya wats up? I am getting damn bored and where the hell are you?"

Armaan turned towards Riddhima and asked her "Can you speak Hindi?"

Riddhima shook her head and spoke in a very apologetic and sad tone "I wish I could. I have spent my entire life in USA. I used to come here occasionally but was never able to pick the language." He nodded his head and continued his chat with Atul "Kya baataoin yaar……..pehli baar dad ne koi acha kaam diya hai. Unhone mujhe kisi ko lene bheja tha airport aur tujhe yakeen nahi hoga lekin main jab yahan aaya tu mujhe pata chala ki dad ne kisi aam insan ko lene nahee balki ek bahut he khoobsurat aur ek dam pari jaisi ladki ko lene bheja hai. Yaar is ladki ko dekh ke to mere hosh ud gae. Soch raha hoin ki ye muaka khona nahi chahiye." Armaan finished with a sigh and heard Atul say "Dude seriously are you falling in love? You are speaking in Hindi for a change………..I mean since the day you came back from London you never spoke in Hindi much and I had actually started wondering if you have forgotten the language totally but here you are speaking in shudh 'Hindi' Is she some kind of bhartiya nari and you are trying to adopt her culture and language?"

Armaan chuckled and spoke "Abe champ………vo ladki mere saath baithi hai aur use Hindi nahi aati isliye main hindi bol raha hoin……chal ab main rakhta hoin mujhe use drop karna hai……....shyam ko tujhse milne aaoinga."

Before Atul could ask anymore questions Armaan ended the call and turning towards Riddhima spoke in an apologetic tone "I am sorry about that and it was one of your biggest fans but unfortunately couldn't speak English so I was just consoling her."

Armaan knew that speaking in Hindi especially after knowing that she couldn't understand Hindi is rude so he gave the excuse which he knew was one of the lamest excuse ever.

They drove towards their destination and chatted a little in between.

Finally they reached the office and Armaan took her to the conference room and opened the door for her. Riddhima saw her dad and ran towards him, giving him a tight hug and then she spoke in a loud voice "Oh papa aapko pata hai maine aapko kitna miss kiya. Mujhe aapki bahut yaad aati thi aur aaj yahan aake acha lag raha hai." Then turning towards Armaan she spoke "Mujhe yahan laane ke liye aapka bahut shukriya." She finished in her broken accent. While a shocked Armaan stood with his mouth open.

Part-3

Shashank's cell rang and he excused himself and Abhimanyu too left the room so now it was Riddhima and Armaan alone in the room.

Riddhima walked up to Armaan who still had his mouth open in shock……….placing her finger under his chin she closed his mouth and finally she did what she was avoiding to do from a long time……...she burst out laughing seeing which Armaan turned red, visibly embarrassed and then he remembered the words he had said in the car and he was even more embarrassed but then when he looked at her he forgot everything about his embarrassment……….he stared at Riddhima with a tender and dreamy expression on his face.

Man she looks like an angel……oh god she is adorable…...wish I could cuddle her but today I know that looks can be soooo deceptive………..she looks so innocent but she is so clever……….dude she fooled ME………ARMAAN MALIK……..I mean how could she……..I should hate her but she is looking like an angel right now and I am getting that sweet feeling of kissing and cuddling her all over again……..no Armaan you can't have that feeling for her……..you have to show her that you are the boss and that nobody messes with Armaan Malik.

Armaan folded his arms across his chest and pouted at her. Riddhima looked at his baby like cute face and melted……..She held both her ears and mumbled very cutely "Sorry Armaan but that's what I always do with people who think I can't understand Hindi and then I always come to know what they think about me." still holding her ears she added with a devilish tone "What are you worried for? You only said good things about me. So I have nothing against you." She started chuckling again……………..She looked at Armaan who was now frowning at her" she quickly held her ears once again and spoke in the cutest voice she could make "Please Armaan I am sorry. Won't you forgive me Armaan? Please." Armaan finally smiled and Riddhima returned his smile. He was about to say something when Shashank entered the room and asked Riddhima "Riddhima are you ready to go home?" Riddhima smiled at him and waving goodbye to Armaan she left the place.

"Dad I have to go to the hospital and I'll come back home with Rahul so please drop me at the City hospital." Shashank frowned and asked her "Why do you want to go to the hospital?" Riddhima could sense the worry in his voice……….so smiling she told him "Dad don't worry……..one of my friends is admitted there so I have to be there and meet her as soon as I can. Don't worry……I'll be home on time." Shashank nodded and dropped her at the hospital and told her before leaving "Riddhima come home on time okay. We have to go for dinner to Armaan's place." He drove off leaving a confused Riddhima behind. She wasn't confused because of his words but because of the expression that she saw on his face and then her eyes widened and her hand went to her mouth.

Oh no dad is once again trying to hook me up with an Indian…...ARMAAN MALIK……...hmmmm he is not bad……..in fact I think he is really really hot and sweet as well but that doesn't mean I'll get married to him……...Dad really needs to grow up……..but I have to say this time dad's choice isn't bad unlike other times…....humph well let's see what happens today?

Riddhima turned around and entered the hospital.

"MUSKAAN" Riddhima yelled angrily on the top of her lungs the moment she entered the ward. Three heads turned towards her.

"Riddhima…...when did you come? You should have called me. I would have come to pick you up." Rahul walked towards Riddhima and was about to hug her but stopped when he saw the angry expression on her face. Riddhima walked towards Muskaan, who was lying on the bed with a tube inserted inside her wrist and there was blood flowing through it…….She looked straight into her eyes and spoke "HOW DARE YOU? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE……..YOU DIDN'T THINK ABOUT US EVEN ONCE? WE HAVE SOME RIGHTS OVER YOUR LIFE AND YOUR LIFE DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU ALONE…….IT BELONGS TO YOUR PARENTS……….HOW COULD YOU BE SO HEARTLESS?" Riddhima stopped when she saw the tears in Muskaan's eyes and a few nurses staring at her….probably because of her yelling....but she wasn't done yet and she was still mad at Muskaan. She sat down opposite Muskaan and then spoke in a soft but firm voice "Why Muskaan? Why did you do this? Don't you care about us? Is he the only one you care about? Just because Vivek betrayed you, you were ready to leave all of us. Do you have any idea how much we all love you and your parents…...they would have died without you Muskaan." Muskaan covered her face with her fingers and remembered how Vivek had betrayed and hurt her……..he had promised to love and cherish her all his life and they were going to get married next month but one day she got a phone call from some guy who told her that Vivek was cheating on her and she decided to follow Vivek and found him in a room with some girls……..he had cheated her……..he had broken her heart into a million pieces. She had tried to kill herself but Rahul had brought her to the hospital. She cried harder after remembering everything once again. She felt someone's hand on her shoulder…….she opened her eyes and saw Riddhima sitting next to her with her eyes filled with tears……

"I am sorry Muskaan. I was rude but I couldn't help it. When I came to know about all this I was angry on you for even trying this. Muskaan I can't even imagine my life without you……….you mean a lot to me Muskaan. You can't leave me……..I won't let you leave me……I will never let you go…..

Riddhima continued murmuring the same thing again and again till she broke down and her tears started to flow……....she was shaking with fear of loosing Muskaan, the only person who she trusted more then anyone in the whole world. Muskaan was the one who had helped Riddhima in every tough situation and had been there when her parents had gotten divorced and now to imagine her also leaving her……she couldn't bear it.

Rahul walked towards Riddhima and consoled her. Finally she stopped crying and hugged Muskaan who hugged her back.

"Promise me you won't ever do any such thing again?" Riddhima asked Muskaan with her hand extended in front of her. Muskaan placed her hand in Riddhima's hand and replied "I won't I promise. I am sorry for hurting all of you so much." Both the girls smiled and then Riddhima turned towards another girl sitting at the foot of the bed and spoke in a reproachful tone "Priya why didn't you inform me? I didn't even know about this till I reached here and the doctor told me all this."

"I am sorry Riddhima. We didn't want to worry you. Muskaan is fine and she just promised you that she would never do such a thing again. So now relax and go home. You need to rest and you landed this morning and here you are fussing over Muskaan already." Riddhima agreed to leave after some time. All four friends sat down and chatted till Riddhima left and Muskaan dozed off. Rahul dropped Riddhima home.

"Hmmm……what do I wear? I think I should wear something traditional or maybe something casual so that Armaan doesn't think that I dressed specially for him."

Riddhima debated for some time and then decided to wear a red suit with very little work on it. It was well-fitting and enhanced Riddhima's beauty and curves.

Riddhima left her hair open and checked herself in the mirror……..She didn't look like the supermodel and the super glamorous Riddhima Carter…...she was the sweet and charming Riddhima gupta once again.

Armaan might not be impressed seeing me in this red salwaar kameez…..but this is what I truly am……..an Indian at heart...I might be a supermodel but this is what I like to wear the most and anyways who cares whether Armaan Malik likes this or not.

Riddhima smiled and went outside to her dad who was waiting for her in their car. Her father smiled and said "Riddhima gupta you look stunning."

Riddhima smiled shyly at her father and they drove off to Armaan's place.

PART-4

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY GUYS. I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY READING THIS PART.

Riddhima got out of the car along with her father and her eyes fell on the beautiful mansion in front of her. It seemed like a king's palace. It was huge and beautiful and now she knew that Armaan Malik was not just handsome and sweet but rich as well……….just what her father needed.

"So you like the house?" Riddhima heard her father asking to which she replied with a simple nod. They went inside and a butler opened the gate. They went inside the living room which was beautifully done with French furniture and glass chandeliers hanging from the ceiling reflecting the multicolor light onto the floor. Riddhima was impressed…………..while she was busy appreciating the beauty of the house, Armaan was busy appreciating her beauty.

He saw her when he walked down the huge open staircase, located in the middle of the living room. His eyes fell on her and his mouth fell open………He knew her more as Riddhima Carter, the international model who added beauty to the western garments with her stunning figure and seductive and sensuous looks but the girl that he was seeing was somebody entirely different……………..she was wearing a plain red salwaar kameez with the soft dupatta suspended around her neck…………she looked nothing like the international model instead she looked like a beautiful, innocent angel…….

Okay…………now this is seriously not possible. How can any women look good in anything she wears……….she is wearing an absolutely plain salwaar kameez but she still looks stunning to me. And those strands falling on her face………I want to touch her………feel her soft skin and nestle in her long, beautiful hair……..is she even for real? Or am I just dreaming? Hey is she walking towards me………wow man she walks so well and that smile on her yummy lips Is totally driving me crazy……

"Hi Armaan" Riddhima greeted Armaan who was standing on the top of the stairs with a dazed expression staring at her. When he didn't reply Riddhima felt really uncomfortable so she moved her hand in front of his eyes but she got no response. She waited for a couple of seconds and then she stepped onto his feat with force and he yelped in pain. The heel of her sandal had actually pierced his bare skin in the slipper slightly. He looked at her with confusion. She shrugged and said "I am sorry I did that but you weren't saying anything and was lost somewhere. I have been standing here for last 5 minutes and now your dad is calling us downstairs so if u don't mind shall we?" He looked confused and then he spoke in a barely audible voice "But I thought you weren't for real."

"What?" Riddhima asked him with her eyebrows raised and then placing her hand on his arm she spoke "Armaan are you on drugs?" Now it was Armaan's turn to be all shocked and he replied in pretty much the same way "What? What are you talking about? Why would I take drugs?" Riddhima shrugged and spoke "Its just that you look so dazed and lost and that's exactly how druggies behave. I have seen quite a few of them………..its quiet common in our profession."

Now everything registered in Armaan's brain and he decided that it was time to take control before the super model Riddhima Carter takes THE ARMAAN MALIK as a fool or a druggie or any other such thing.

He moved closer to her and bending near her ear whispered "Drugs are not always needed to get high or dazed……there are things that work better then drugs like someone's absolutely breathtaking beauty." Armaan gave a suggestive smile and for the first time Riddhima blushed and stuttered "Armaaaannnnnn……..I….I…….I think we should go sit with others. They are waiting for us to join them." She was about to leave when Armaan grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards himself………she came crashing on his chest. Her head was against his chest and she smelled his intoxicating cologne and didn't raise her head for sometime…she wanted to snuggle in his chest but knew that that wouldn't be appropriate.

"You look beautiful enough to kill Riddhima." Armaan whispered in her ear, his breath tingling her neck. Her head jerked up and she saw the million dollar smile on his handsome face and then she saw him disappear downstairs. She was confused with the sudden change in her body by his touch………….she blushed because of his compliment and she shivered when his breath touched her neck. She shook her head to clear all the thoughts and went downstairs.

"Armaan son why don't you show Riddhima around the house?" Abhimanyu Malik suggested to his son……….noticing the way both the kids were stealing glances at each other………..he was thrilled and decided to give them some lone time. Armaan nodded and left the living room with Riddhima following him closely.

He took her to all the rooms till only two rooms were left………..he took her to the pooja room that they had on the 1st floor in their house which his mom had built with great devotion and care. Armaan suddenly felt nostalgic as he remembered how his mom used to get up early in the morning and do her everyday rituals here………..singing in her beautiful, melodious voice. He controlled his tears and saw Riddhima standing behind him gazing at the room as if under some spell. Armaan suddenly thought that Riddhima might be alien to all this and might not be a very religious person or worse didn't know anything about Indian religion since she had spent most of her life in England but Armaan was proved wrong the very next moment……………Riddhima had removed her sandals, washed her hands and had covered her head with her dupatta. She stepped inside the room with her hands folded and eyes closed. She stood in front of the idols and said a little prayer in her mind.

Armaan stood there transfixed………he suddenly had a vision of his mom standing next to Riddhima with his father and he standing next to Riddhima……….a smile lit up his face as he imagined his whole family along with Riddhima as HIS WIFE………he suddenly frowned and rebuked himself for loosing grip on his imaginations…………

Dude relax…………..just because she is praying exactly the way mom used to doesn't mean that you'll get married to her………….she is just another girl……..fine she is a super model but there are girls prettier then her also then why are you going all bonkers over her……….crazy enough to imagine yourself being married to her……….she can never be like mom……..no girl can be like mom…………just chill or else she'll have you under her thumb in no time instead of the other way round……….remember LOVE ONLY BREAKS IT NEVER MAKES and the only thing you get in love is defeat so now no getting lost in her and keep your guards up.

Riddhima came out of the room and had a magical glow on her face when she told him that she loved the room………there next destination was Armaan's room.

Riddhima was highly impressed when she went inside Armaan's room which was done neatly but certain things caught her attention………..right above Armaan's king size bed was a huge family potrait in which Armaan was standing behind his parents who were sitting on a couch………they looked like royalty. She smiled at it and then her eyes shifted to a corner where a number of musical instruments were kept………..there were drums in the front…….a guitar along with other instruments.

Riddhima's eyes widened in surprise…….she turned around and asked Armaan "YOU can SING?" Armaan chuckled at the way she had asked him the question…he moved closer and spoke in his deep sensuous voice "I can if I have some inspiration around me." Riddhima knew that he was referring to her as his inspiration…..she knew at that moment what Armaan was trying to do………..the way he spoke with her standing on the stairs, his dazed look and his indirect flirting…..Riddhima blushed and smiled to herself.

She spoke in an excited tone "Oh please Armaan you have to sing today. I want to hear you singing please." Armaan's heart melted at her cute expression and tone and he nodded his head positively. She clapped her hands and jumped slightly just the way a kid would at the sight of a candy……….her little kiddish gestures filled him with warmth. She hardly ever behaved like a hot shot super model instead she looked like an innocent, inexperienced shy teenage girl and this excited Armaan.

He went to his instruments and tuned his guitar and got ready to sing……….

Part-5

Armaan chuckled hearing the kiddish tone and picking up his guitar he spoke in a sensuous voice "Just make sure Ms.Riddhima Carter that you don't fall in love with me after this." Riddhima raised an eyebrow at him challenging to continue and he did……he suddenly changed his mind and went to the drums and spoke "Riddhima this is one of my favorite songs" he started singing hitting the drums……his passion for music clearly visible and soon he was lost in the song and his drum…

Don't, don't want you back

You hit me faster than a shark attack
And you were more than just a pretty face
But how you fooled me, I'm still amazed babe
But I should have known that I would be
Another victim of your sexuality
But now we're done and over with
Don't, don't want you back

Don't want you back
Cuz you're no good for me, I know
That's all I can say
Don't want you back
Forgive my honesty but you gotta go
I don't want you back

You started going out with so-called friends
But I was blind and so I lost all common sense
But there were things that made me realize, realize
Like all the hundred no, thousand lies

Baby, don't bother telling me your reasons why
Just let us sing this story 'bout you and I
Don't want you back
That's all I know (don't want you back, don't want you back)
All I can say
Don't want you back
You know you gotta go

Riddhima was surprised with the song he chose…..even after finishing the song he didn't look up at her but she spoke anyways "You think that THIS song can make a girl fall in love with you……hey it was a nasty choice for such a pretty night. You disappointed me." Riddhima ended in a grumpy tone and then she heard Armaan say "Hey backstreets are my favorite and so is the song and this is the kind of music I like…….why don't you sing and tell what kind of music you like…..oh no I am sorry you definitely can't sing after all you just know how to flaunt your body and walk on a ramp armed with tons of make up……" he ended with loads of sarcasm in his voice.

Riddhima was clearly offended but Armaan felt more offended then she did after all he was accustomed to loads of applause and compliments from girls whenever he sang so he got up to leave the room but stopped in his tracks……….

Riddhima too was highly offended with Armaan's remark and decided it was time that someone taught the spoilt brat a lesson…..she moved towards his instruments and picking up his guitar she sang in not so perfect but sweet and melodious voice and saw Armaan stop on his tracks and turn around……as he heard her singing…

bahut pyaar karate hain, tumako sanam (2)
qasam chaahe le lo (2)
khudaa kii qasam

hamaarii Gazal hai, tassavur tumhaaraa (2)
tumhaare binaa ab, naa jiinaa gavaaraa
tumhe yuun hii chaahenge (2)
jab tak hai dam
bahut pyaar ...

saagar kii baahoin mein, maujein hain jitanii (2)
hamako bhii tumase, muhabbat hai utanii
ke ye beqaraarii naa (2)
ab hogii kam
bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam…

Riddhima chuckled when she saw Armaan standing at the threshold of his room with his jaw hanging open….she walked up to him arrogantly…

"So you see……that's the kind of music I like and maybe I am not as good a singer as you are but I sing what I fee……anyways I guess we should go and join our parents." she brushed past him and left his room smiling to himself as he still had his mouth open.

Armaan was stunned when he heard Riddhima singing………that was totally unexpected and out of the blue…….she was as she said not as good as he was but she had a very sweet and touching voice which was still ringing in his ears….she sang a hindi song but her words weren't perfect as she didn't pronounce them correctly and they all had an English touch to it and the accent was also broken but that instead of making her sound silly made her song even more cute……..the song that she chose was beautiful but Armaan didn't hear such songs they always spoiled his mood but he loved the song she sang maybe because of the passion in her voice….……Armaan knew that her song had a number of flaws but he still wanted to hear her sing but one thing was sure that she was quite an expert with the instruments……Armaan smiled at the number of qualities Ms.supermodel had….

Riddhima saw Armaan sitting across her on the dinner table with a foolish grin plastered on his lips…….she was getting irritated by the way he had been looking at her ever since the dinner started……she heaved a sigh of relief when she was done with her dinner and excused herself and went in the direction of the washroom but to her utter dismay she heard Armaan also excusing himself in the pretext of having to make a call and as expected he followed he followed her……..

"Riddhima wait….." Riddhima stopped but she didn't turn around…..she felt Armaan standing right beside her "I am sorry about my rude comment but I am not really used to people criticizing my singing or my taste in music…….you see music is my passion…….my escape……..my love……..and……I can go on with the list but I have to tell you that I loved your song though it was a little tainted with your English accent but still I loved it and would love to hear you sing once again……please…" Riddhima smiled to herself but turned around with a solemn expression on her face and she spoke "Don't you believe in love Armaan? The choice of your song was kinda………..rude….ya it was so not sweet…….." Armaan's expression hardened and he spoke bitterly "I don't know what love is Riddhima……I guess I'll start believing in it when I fall in love with someone myself………but I don't know if its ever gonna happen….." Armaan trailed off and Riddhima noticed the change in him and desperately wanted to change the topic and exactly then her cell rang breaking the sullen moment……she quickly took the call without even looking at the caller's name….

"Hello!!" Riddhima spoke into her cell and then she suddenly jumped in joy attracting Armaan's attention who looked at her with curiosity and amusement and then he heard her say "Oh Andy I am so happy and I love you so much for that………..cool……….absolutely Andy……I can never say no to you…….bye."

Riddhima had a dreamy expression on her face but then she realized that Armaan was looking at her and then she spoke to him "Oh that was my photographer. I had done a shoot for this new brand and he called to tell me that it was a superb hit and the public loved it and so did the organizers and I am getting a number of offers…." then she added a little arrogantly "Not that there ever has been shortage of them. I have always been flooded with modeling and acting offers. I think I'll try acting someday." Riddhima had a thoughtful expression on her face but she was snapped out of it when Armaan suddenly extended his hand towards her and spoke in a happy voice "Congratulations Riddhima. I am really happy for you and I have no doubt that you are best model the industry can ever have." Riddhima shook his hand and was touched by his compliment because she had understood till now that Armaan Malik was not a generous man when it came to complimenting people. They both interacted for sometime and then they went back to where their parents were and soon it was time for Riddhima and her father to leave.

"Thank you so much Mr.Malik for inviting us. I had a great time." Riddhima told Abhimanyu Malik in a grateful voice to which he replied "You don't have to be so formal Riddhima and the pleasure is all mine. You made our evening special by your beautiful and pleasant company and I hope to see you here again very soon." Abhimanyu ended with a hint of something that was totally lost on Armaan but not on Riddhima as she was completely aware of the plan cooking between the two fathers.

She saw her father engrossed in a conversation with Armaan's father standing next to his car. She saw Armaan standing in front of her with his hands in his pocket looking very debonair…..she moved towards him and placing a kiss on his cheek she spoke in her same old kiddish tone "Thanks a lot for making the evening so memorable. I had a great time. Hope to see you soon. Goodnight." She gave him a heart-melting smile and moved towards her car.

Armaan gazed at her back and then involuntarily his hand went to the cheek where she had kissed him and he felt her lips……he was about to smile when he suddenly shook his head violently and slapped himself hard and spoke in a low voice to himself

"Dude get a grip…….you are loosing it. You can't let her control your senses like that………I mean common she is not the first girl who has kissed you…………but she is so sweet and adorable…..no no no dude….this is exactly what she wants……her magic all over you but that's so not gonna happen. I am the boss and very soon she'll realise that" Armaan shook his head violently but then he saw Riddhima and her father leaving in their car and his hand lifted in the air and he waved to Riddhima with a dreamy expression again and a smile……

"Dad please drop me at Priya's house. I am going to stay with her for the night." Riddhima told her father happily and he dropped her at her friend's place.

Riddhima went inside Priya's house and met her parents who told her that Priya was waiting for Riddhima in her room. Riddhima went inside her room and saw her friend standing near the window with a photograph in her hand………Riddhima instantly knew that this was the very guy Priya had been telling her all the time and finally she would get to see him……she rubbed her hands in glee and without making any noise she creeped towards Priya and snatched the photograph from her hands and ran in the opposite direction but she suddenly stopped when her eyes fell on the photograph and she was speechless as she saw that the face in the photograph belonged to none other than…………………….ARMAAN MALIK……

Part-6A

Riddhima stood frozen to her spot then she turned to Priya who was standing right behind her visibly embarrassed on being caught red-handed…..but much to Priya's amazement instead of shooting a tornado of questions Riddhima just burst out laughing and then she spoke after a couple of minutes….

"Oh my god Priya this is your major crush? Armaan Malik….I can't believe that this is the guy that you have been crushing on for like almost a year." Riddhima laughed harder and fell on the floor and then Priya spoke up "What's wrong with it? You make it sound so funny and weird……do you even know that Armaan is the most eligible bachelor in India? Here see this." Priya handed over a magazine to Riddhima and Riddhima saw Armaan's photograph on the front page and their was a lengthy article on how he is a talented and hardworking guy and has won a number of awards in the young achievers category and is also every girls dream with his killer looks…….all in all Armaan Malik is a complete package…. the most eligible bachelor of the nation.

Riddhima was impressed and then she thought…..no wonder pa is trying to hook me up with him….Riddhima turned to Priya and asked her "So have you told him? Are you two going around?" Priya looked down and then she moved towards the window and Riddhima heard her speak in a very low voice "Ridzie……I and Armaan…..I mean we did……u know we kinda….

Riddhima stood up abruptly cutting of Priya she spoke in a shocked voice "You two slept together?" Priya nodded her head while Riddhima was too shocked to respond.

Man this guy has slept with my friend and here he was flirting with me the whole time…..oh no wait a minute….Priya says she is in love with him but he told me that he is not in love with anyone and doesn't think that he can ever fall in love with anyone….Priya won't do it just for fun. Is Armaan playing some sort of game with her. Oh my god I have to know or maybe she too did It just for fun………I won't spare him if he hurts her in any way.

"Priya are you guys committed to each other? Did he say he will……….."

Riddhima stopped when she saw a tear roll down Priya's eyes. Riddhima quickly walked towards her and before she knew it Priya hugged her and started sobbing in her arms. Riddhima hugged her back and waited for Priya to explain and then she heard her say "Riddhima you remember I told you that I will confess my feelings to him? I had gone to the club to do exactly that when…….

Flashback

Priya walked into the club and saw Armaan sitting near the bar sipping on a drink. Priya walked towards him and she waited for him to notice her but Armaan didn't. He was busy drinking. Priya moved closer and placing an arm on his hand she spoke "Armaan!!" Armaan finally turned towards her and Priya noticed that he was a little wobbly because of the drinks. "Hi Armaan…..I wanted to talk to you."

"Heyyyyy…..but you are……Riya or nisha or tanya……..hey do I even know you?"

Priya shifted uncomfortably and then she told him "Ya Armaan I work in your office. I am the chief editor. Priya sahni." Armaan nodded his head and gave her a million dollar smile and Priya's face brightened. He suddenly got up and took her to the dance floor where they danced for a long time and Priya told him a nuber of things to which Armaan kept nodding his head and all this time Armaan kept picking up drinks from the waiters around him and kept drinking due to which after some time he felt dizzy and he handed over a key to Priya "This is the key to my room. Room no. 201. I hope you don't mind taking me there?" Priya smiled at him and placing his one arm around her shoulder she took him to the room.

She placed him on to the bed and was about to leave when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her on to him and slurred "Don't go please. Don't leave me alone? I don't want to be alone." He moved a little on the bed and pulled Priya next to him on the bed and placed his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes trying to go to sleep. Priya was all shaken up but happy to be in the arms of the man she loved and then as if on an impulse she faced him and cupping his face she placed her lips against his. Armaan opened his eyes with a jerk but didn't react for a long time but after sometime he grabbed her waist and pulling her close he kissed her back. The kiss was rough and hard and before Priya knew Armaan was kissing her neck and shoulders. Things soon got heated up and Priya lost herself in her passion.

Flashback ends

Riddhima was shocked. Then she heard Priya speak "And next morning….I………… I told him that I love him but he told me that he could never love a girl like me………that am ugly and just because he slept with me doesn't mean that he loves me…..and when I pleaded with him to not leave me he threw a blank cheque in my face and walked out. Ridzie I don't know what to do. He gave me a birth control pill and he was all cool about whatever happened between us." Riddhima was stunned and then she remembered all that had transpired between her and Armaan.

And here I was thinking that he is a really nice guy. He is such a monster. How could he do this to Priya. I know its Priya's fault as well but to humiliate her like that and he gave her a cheque. Who the f****** hell does he think he is? The audacity of that man….I am not going to spare him. He has no respect for women. I hate him so much……I wish I could kill him with my bare hands.

Then Riddhima's eyes fell on Priya who had slumped to the ground crying….Riddhima's eyes filled up. The two people that Riddhima can never see in pain are Muskaan and Priya but at the moment they both were hurting because of the men they LOVED. Riddhima swore that she will teach both the men a lesson .

Coming out of her thoughts she went to Priya and gathered her in her arms. The whole night she sat with Priya in her arms and consoled her promising her that everything will be fine. She moved Priya to the bed and then rummaged her cupboard and as expected she found the blank cheque in the box where Priya used to place all the articles and photographs of Armaan……Priya had told her this once. Riddhima could see how much Priya liked the guy though Riddhima felt somewhere that what Priya felt for Armaan wasn't actually love but still didn't give that guy the right to insult her friend. She placed the cheque in her handbag and taking out a black dress she took a shower and changed and then she went closer to a sleeping Priya and holding her hand she spoke slowly "Priya I promise everything will be fine . I am going to teach both the guys a good lesson. First its Armaan's turn."

Riddhima took Priya's car and drove to Armaan's house. She found the door was open…she didn't knock. She stepped inside and walked into the living room and was shocked when she saw a group of guys sitting inside with VIVEK one of them.

Riddhima felt like she was hit by a boulder as the realization struck her that Armaan and Vivek were actually friends. Her lips curved into a cold smile and then she thought that both friends are the same and maybe that is why they get along so well……..planning strategies for hurting and using girls around them. When Riddhima saw the two men patting each others back every inkling of doubt about Armaan not being fully responsible left her and she clapped her hands loudly.

Armaan heard the applauding and turned towards the door and saw Riddhima standing there. He quickly got up and walked towards her while all his friends were shocked to see the super model Riddhima Carter but then they thought that anything was possibly for the CASANOVA Armaan malik. They all exchanged knowing smiles. Armaan was about to hug her when she moved back and lifted her hand to stop him and then brushing past him she moved towards where Vivek was sitting and then turning around she asked Armaan "YOU both are friends?" Armaan was confused with her behavior but he answered her nonetheless "Ya we are…… in fact we are the best of friends." Riddhima now gave him a bitter and cold smile and then she hissed "Why am I not surprised? People like YOU could be BEST FRIENDS with people like HIM only." Armaan stared at Riddhima totally confused now. But before he could do anything Riddhima walked towards Vivek and grabbed his collar "How dare you hurt Muskaan? You B****** do you even know how much she loved you? You ruined the poor girls life. What did you do that for? Punishing her for falling in love with you when being in love with a scumbag like you is a punishment in itself." Vivek stood up with Riddhima still holding his collar. He could see murder in her eyes but he didn't know how she knew Muskaan. He glanced towards Armaan who understood and removing Riddhima's hand from Vivek's collar turned her around. "Riddhima what are you doing? I don't know what relationship you have with Muskaan but its not Vivek who has hurt her in fact its Muskaan who broke the engagement saying that she didn't want to get married and was more interested in her career." Riddhima lashed out "Oh really……so she broke the engagement but then what did she cut her wrist for? You are such a nice liar Armaan. Trying to defend your friend huh? Muskaan loved this guy with all her might but he cheated on her and she was so hurt that she tried to kill herself." Armaan was shocked he turned towards Vivek and looked questioningly at him but Vivek just shrugged and then Armaan spoke "Vivek why did you lie to me? Why didn't you tell me….." but he was cut off by a furious Riddhima who barked at him "Oh for heavens sake Mr.Malik drop the act. Don't pretend as if you are an angel and had no knowledge about your friends character……..but I am pretty sure that you must be having another convincing and innocent story to tell about your own crimes." Armaan whipped around and then facing Riddhima he spoke "What are you talking about? What crime have I committed?" Riddhima laughed sarcastically and then she took out the cheque and threw it on Armaan's face who looked at the cheque and looking up he spoke in a low confused voice "This is my signature but what is it doing with you?"

"Priya Sahni. Do you even remember her?" Armaan smiled and sat down on the chair and spoke "Of course I remember that s***. How can I forget what a pain she was to handle. I had a one night stand with her and let me tell you she was the worst I had ever been with and the next mor…..

But before Armaan could say anything further Riddhima slapped him hard across his face. Armaan held his warm cheek and stood up with his blood boiling and raging eyes while his friends gasped……no one had ever dared to mess with Armaan Malik and they knew at that moment that the girl will be paying a good price for what she did.

Part-6B

A furious Armaan advanced towards Riddhima and raised his hand to hit her but he stopped mid-way realizing just on time that it was a girl he was dealing with and hitting a girl was so not cool. He balled his fist and then he looked into Riddhima's eyes and last night, their songs, her kiss and her angelic face flashed in front of his eyes and his face hardened…….he lowered his eyes and then he barked into Riddhima's face "Get out"

Riddhima was also burning with anger. She picked up her handbag and was about to leave when she turned around…… "Its not over Mr.Malik."

Armaan just gave her a sarcastic smile. All his friends were shocked that the high and mighty Armaan Malik had done nothing on being SLAPPED and that too by a GIRL. Armaan gave them a look which clearly implied that it would be better if they will leave. They all took the hint and left but Armaan stopped Vivek…… "Dude that girl Muskaan loved you. Why did you cheat on her?"

"Oh common Armaan. I had thought that she'll be satisfied with an engagement and then I'll be able to do whatever I want but no ……. once the engagement was done she wanted to get married so I decided to just forget her for sometime but she caught me with Ana in the Pub and its not my fault that she took it so bad." Vivek ended with a shrug but was shocked when he heard Armaan say "You shouldn't have done that Vivek. That girl really loved you……..you were so lucky to have found true love…..you should have treasured that girl for the rest of your life." Vivek couldn't believe that it was Armaan talking to him………he stared at him…….open-mouthed and eyes widened in shock while Armaan returned his intense gaze and after 5 long minutes they both burst out laughing and Vivek spoke "You had me there for a moment………I mean seriously Armaan Malik talking about true love……oh dude that was hilarious." They both laughed for sometime and Vivek continued "But its really sad that Muskaan and what was her name…….oh ya Priya……came out to be Riddhima Carter's best buds……..I mean now we don't stand a chance with her…..and she was smoking hot…….what a babe dude but you are lucky that you got to spend at least spend sometime with her…..did you guys???/ummmm you know what I mean???" but when he got no reply from a suddenly sullen Armaan he spoke in a disappointed voice "Man if I would have been in your place I would have already s****** her and with her I won't mind doing it again and again……."

But he was cut off by a pissed Armaan "Vivek you can leave now." Vivek looked at Armaan and thought that maybe mentioning Riddhima brought back the fact to his mind that she had just slapped him. He shrugged and left after saying a short goodbye to Armaan.

Armaan paced the living room for a long time……he couldn't help but feel really hurt on being accused by Riddhima. He didn't know why but it suddenly mattered to him that she understand him……….he once again rewinded all the things that had happened between him and Priya and he still didn't get what his fault was……he spoke to himself

"She was the one who had come to me in the club and she was the one who had kissed me. I was just feeling a little down so wanted somebody to be with me and anyways I would have gone to sleep had she not started all that and having sex doesn't make you fall in love with someone……..and with her that sex too wasn't much fun and just because of that b**** I lost Riddhima……I mean not that I care but still….she blames me for everything. I mean fine I insulted her but how am a supposed to treat a girl who just came and did all that with me knowing fully well that I wasn't even in my senses…..no decent girl would ever do something like that. I have to explain this to Riddhima……..no why should I explain all this to her……..she slapped me………called me a liar. One thing that I never do is lie……no matter how major my mistake is……Armaan Malik never lies. Mom hated liars……I love her way too much to lie. Why don't you understand Riddhima and now what am I supposed to do?" Armaan slumped down on the couch and then he ran his hand through his hair. He got up and went to his room and stood before his mom's portrait and spoke "Mom I don't know why but I am not angry at Riddhima when I should be really mad at her……..and I don't understand why but I feel so hurt by her accusations just the way I felt when my teacher had complained to you about me cheating in my exam and you had believed her without even listening to me….but mom that was because I love you….but I don't love Riddhima mom or do I? How can I just fall in love with her. I met her just a day back……..nobody can fall in love in such a short period of time and I had promised to myself never to fall in love again and that is why I made this Casanova image my shield and I had no problems till now……..I know I used all those girls for having a good time but they too had fun on my expenses……I gave them expensive gifts, took them to fancy restaurants and when I dumped them they never really complained……they were always pissed but nothing more then that.

What do I do mom? You are the only one who can help me now. Please show me some way mom." Armaan sat down on his bed and covered his face with his hands in helplessness and defeat.

Riddhima sat in her car reading the papers that contained all the information about Vivek. Riddhima already had a plan cooking in her mind to teach the b****** Vivek a lesson that he will remember for his whole life. Riddhima had an evil grin on her face. She was going to make sure that Vivek never again played with any girl's life but Riddhima didn't know why but she wasn't fully convinced about Armaan being completely responsible for Priya's condition. She banged her fist on the steering wheel of her car in frustration and leaning back on the chair she sighed.

"Why are you so stupid Priya? What were you thinking when you kissed him? That guy was drunk……I know she loves him but still didn't she realize even once where it would lead to? Priya why are u so nave? And I don't even think she loves him……I don't know why but it seems that she is just crushing on him and interpreting it as love. He sure is the kind of a guy any girl would want so what if Priya too is just one of them. I don't understand why girls are so dumb…..whats so special about Armaan Malik. I liked that simple sweet Armaan who I have been with so far and not this rude, arrogant Casanova but I think that's what he is……..a rich and spoilt playboy. Why did he pretend being a good boy with me? Was he trying to trap me as well?" Riddhima smirked and then she spoke a little loudly "Well Well Mr.Malik fooling Riddhima Carter isn't that easy. But should I give him a chance to plead his case?" Riddhima was totally lost when her cell rang and seeing her father's name flashing on it…..she drove home.

Armaan called up his assistant riya..

"Hey Riya this is Armaan here." Riya was about to faint when she brought herself back to reality and remembered that he was her boss and even though he had called her on her personal number it still must be something business related… she finally found her voice and spoke "Good afternoon sir."

"A very good afternoon to you too. Riya I was wondering if you could do me a favour?"

"Of course sir anything."

"Good. There is this Priya sahni working in our office on the post of chief editor. I want you to e-mail me every information about her……her telephone no., her address, her hobbies, her favorite food, her likes and dislikes and every other thing that you can manage. I need it within an hour so you better make it fast. Thanks a lot hun."

Armaan closed his cell and then turning towards his mom's photograph he spoke "You are right mom its time to make amends and show Riddhima Carter how wrong she is about your son. Love you mom. You always help me out of all troubles." He kissed his mom's photograph and switched on his laptop.

Riddhima wore a silver sexy halter tie neck crop top with open split bodice wrapped around her midriff and rest of the back left bare with a sexy low rider shirred black Capri pants and high heels. She wore smoky eye-makeup and a pink lip gloss and tied her hair a little above her shoulders with a few strands touching her neck and her black danglers.

She stood in front of the mirror and looking at her reflection she blew herself a kiss.

"Ridzie darling you look like a killer…..awesomely seductive. Wonder how that guy is going to resist you?" She smiled and then she suddenly dialed a number on her cell

"Hey dude ready to have some fun? Sure be there on time."

Then she made another call…….. "Hey Raj are you ready? Cool be there on time please otherwise you'll loose everything and will also miss out on all the fun."

After ending the call she smirked to herself and moved out of her room only to be face to face with her father. She groaned inwardly and then heard her father's voice "Ridddhimaaaaaa how many times do I have to tell you that don't dress up like this. This is India and here you are not Riddhima Carter but Riddhima gupta. I don't like it when you wear such………"

An impatient Riddhima cut off her father and spoke in a deeply apologetic tone "Dad am really sorry but I am going to a disco and I can't wear salwaar kameez there. Please dad." She hugged her father and placing a kiss on his face she was about to leave when her father spoke up again "Riddhima wait. I won't allow you to go alone. Ask Armaan to accompany you……..I am sure he will love to come with you." Shashank ended with a smirk but was disappointed when Riddhima spoke "Sorry dad but I am not alone Rahul is going to be there with me and as for Armaan……..he is busy with some work. Bye dad I am getting late." She quickly ran out of the house before her father could start with anything new.

Riddhima stepped inside the chic discotheque…….the music loud and the lights blazing……everyone was busy on the dance floor including the guy she was here for. She smiled and moved towards him.

Part-7

She moved past Vivek who was dancing with his arm around some girl. Riddhima brushed past him and knew Vivek had noticed her but she pretended to not notice that he was there. Riddhima knew that a lot of eyes were on her…….some because she was Riddima Carter while most because she was obviously the sexiest girl in the disco at the moment.

Vivek looked at Riddhima sitting on the bar with a vodka in her hand. He looked at her and was bowled over by her beauty. He was hit sharply by a sense of arousal looking at her bare back…..Vivek's throat went dry. He went to the bar and sat a little away from Riddhima making sure that she doesn't see him. He ordered a shot of Vodka for himself and was drinking it when he saw that Riddhima had already finished 6 shots of Vodka and was now really tipsy. She staggered to the dance floor and started dancing with some random guy who was excited at having her in his arms. Vivek narrowed his eyes at them and thought that it wasn't so bad an idea to try his luck with Riddhima knowing that she wasn't completely in her senses.

He moved towards her and shoved the guy away and spinning Riddhima around he brought her into his arms and started swaying to the music. Riddhima suddenly stopped making Vivek nervous and fearful……….she narrowed her eyes at him and slurred "Hey you are??? Oh I know you are Sam right?" Vivek heaved a sigh of relief delighted that the vodkas were having quite an effect on Riddhima's senses. He quickly nodded his head in agreement and spinned her around……Riddhima gabbed another shot of the vodka and she gulped that down too…..

After some time when Vivek was sure that Riddhima was not in her senses he placed his arm slightly over her hips and brought her close to himself and he drawled "Hey Riddhima you seem to be a little tired…. how about if we go somewhere more peaceful and less crowded?" Riddhima looked at Vivek and grinned wickedly at him and then she spoke seductively "I know what you mean…….take this. This is the key to room no. 111." She leaned closer to Vivek and whispered in a very secretive tone "Its booked in my name……we can do it there." Vivek couldn't believe his luck and the bad luck of whoever that Sam guy was………..he was thrilled that he was going to f*** RIDDHIMA CARTER. He'll flaunt this achievement to all his friends.

They reached the hotel room and Vivek locked the door behind him. The room was spacious and was nicely decorated. There was a bottle of champagne and ice-bucket placed on a table next to the bed. Vivek was delighted and now he realized that Riddhima was not as innocent as she looked.

He saw Riddhima standing next to the music system…….he heard a light sensuous music coming out of the system and then he saw Riddhima dancing lightly to the music……swaying her hips seductively. Vivek was aroused completely and his mouth was watering looking at the sexy figure in front of him. He stopped breathing when Riddhima moved her body closer to his and her hand started unbuttoning his shirt. He was totally paralyzed and couldn't dare to move. He kept staring at Riddhima's luscious lips and waited for her next move.

He was standing bare chested when she pushed him onto the bed with force. She herself moved onto him and heard Vivek gasp as her hands reached to his pant button…….she slid his pant off and then his inner wear and there was Vivek lying totally naked on the bed.

Vivek was now waiting for Riddhima to strip but she just jumped over him with her face near his. She moved her hand from his chest to his shoulder and before Vivek could register anything she moved away like a bolt of lightening and Vivek felt a sharp pain in between his legs. He looked at his crotch and saw the sharp ice lying there and Riddhima grinning wickedly at him. He was writhing in pain and was totally confused when he saw Riddhima open the door of the room……he saw two men entering inside the room. One of the men stripped and was naked the very next moment. That guy walked up to Vivek and laid down over Vivek while the other man started clicking photographs……….

The pain was too much to bear but Vivek was just looking at the man on top of him……….. confused and didn't know what was happening and then it all started registering when he felt the man on him kissing him.

The next moment Riddhima and the other man left the room leaving Vivek with the other guy who was obviously enjoying himself………and then Vivek realized that the guy was a big time gay and with shock and pain Vivek collapsed on the bed.

"Thanks a lot Raj. You guys did me a great favor." Riddhima was standing with that guy outside the hotel room in the corridor while the other guy was with Vivek. Raj was the one who had been serving her plain soda and making it look like Vodka at the bar.

"You don't have to thank me because we didn't do any favor to you. Sam is enjoying himself in there and I have an extremely juicy story for my newspaper." They both hi-fived and left the hotel.

Armaan walked out of his gym room and walked into his bedroom and saw the juice and newspaper lying on the table like everyday. He took the glass of juice in his hand and read the newspaper but the very next moment the glass of juice fell from his hand and crashed onto the floor soiling the expensive rug. Armaan was stunned……he read the headlines again and again in the page3 part

'INDUSTRIALIST VIVEK NANDA A GAY………'

Armaan read the whole article about how Vivek was found in a hotel naked with his gay friend and the two were having a ball when a reporter caught their live performance in his camera as well as recorded a video.

Armaan was number with shock but the next moment he burst out laughing as he remembered Riddhima saying "Its not over Mr.Malik"

She had played a nasty trick but it was a good one. Armaan looked at the photographs in the newspaper and imagined Vivek's reaction and he burst out laughing again. Though Vivek was his friend but the punishment was well deserved.

Riddhima Gupta was not just beautiful and sexy but an unusually smart woman as well and Armaan was in awe of her…….he saluted her courage to do something like this for her friend…..his respect for her grew manifold.

"RIDDHIMAAAAAAA!"

Riddhima came out of her room and saw Rahul and Priya running towards her with the newspaper in their hands and Riddhima instantly knew what the matter was but before she could say anything Riddhima was on the floor with priya over her hugging her tightly.

Rahul pulled Riddhima up, shaking his head at a crazily laughing Priya.

"Oh Riddhima you are too good. The guy is totally finished…..his maid told me that he has been getting calls from so many people and a lot of them well were……ahem….u know gay." with that Priya burst out laughing while Rahul too couldn't help himself and laughed along with priya but they both stopped when they heard a different yet familiar sound of laughter and in no time they knew that the weird laughter belonged to Muskaan and there she was laughing her head off.

Riddhima walked up to her and spoke in a concerned tone "You fine with what I did?"

To which Muskaan replied "Fine…………abey mujhe to mazaa aagaya………kya chalta hai tera dimag. Vivek a gay and may be that's why he turned me down varnaa Muskaan chadha ko to koi reject kar he nahee sakta." Riddhima and Muskaan hi-fived and once again everyone was laughing heartily.

They all went inside Riddhima's room and plopped down on her bed. Riddhima left to freshen up and went inside her dressing room where she stood in front of the mirror…..looking at her reflection. She had a habit of taking all her major decisions standing in front of the mirror and was she was going to take another one today.

"Hmmm…….Vivek is totally gone but what about Armaan Malik? I don't understand what should I do with him and how am I supposed to take Priya's revenge……..and I am not even sure if its completely his fault. Muskaan's case was entirely different but Priya she was…….."

Riddhima suddenly stopped when she heard Priya shouting "What Armaan sent it and he invited me there?"

PART-8A

"Priya you are not going to meet him. Have I made myself clear. That guy insulted you and you still want to give him a chance what's wrong with you women. Maybe he is just going to insult in front of those gazillions of people who are going to be there in that party and here I am planning to teach him a lesson for misbehaving with you like that" Riddhima was really mad at Priya who was planning to accept Armaan's invitation to a party……..

"Riddhimaaaa…..common please let me go……maybe he really wants to say sorry and maybe he realized just how much I love him…." Priya replied in a dreamy tone.

Riddhima sighed in frustration when she realized that it was absolutely no use arguing with her so she spoke with a tone mixed with concern and irritation "Fine…….but I am not letting you go alone. I'll come along but whose your date for the party?"

Priya blushed and looking down she replied "Armaan" Riddhima's eyes popped out when she heard that and now she was even more worried as to what Armaan was planning……….

"Are you sure you want to go?" Riddhima asked Priya who nodded her head vigorously her excitement spilling out. Riddhima's brows furrowed in thought and then her face lit up and she spoke "Fine since you are so eager to go….lets make this event special and make sure that that extremely mean and stupid Armaan realizes just how wrong he was when he called you ugly." Riddhima grabbed Priya's hand and dragged her to her car and drove towards one of the best beauty parlors in the town.

After 2 long hours Priya stood in front of a full length mirror gaping at her own reflection…….She couldn't believe the change that Riddhima had brought in her….her specs were gone replaced by lenses, her eyes underlined with kohl…..and the mascara along with the eye make-up gave her eyes a pretty look…..her lips were covered with a pale pinkish shiny lip gloss and her hands and legs were waxed………they were manicured and pedicure and the navy blue halter neck gown gave her a really sexy look emphasizing her curves in just the right way. She had worn the gown with great reluctance since she was not used to wearing clothes like that but now she was glad she wore it………she wanted Armaan to like her though she didn't look anything extraordinary but at least she looked decent.

She turned around when she heard the clatter of heels and smiled indulgently when she saw Riddhima emerge out of the changing room of the parlor looking stunningly gorgeous and out of the world wearing a very daring and revealing red halter neck mini dress with deep plunging cowl neckline and open strapped with strings giving her a very seductive look.

She suddenly frowned at Riddhima and spoke "Are you planning to seduce someone at the party?" Riddhima chuckled and spoke "Ya I am. I am going to be seducing your precious Armaan tonight." Riddhima laughed harder saying that but stopped when she saw Priya's suddenly upset face. She kicked herself mentally and spoke "Oh Priya I was just kidding. He's all yours babe and Riddhima Carter never eyes what belongs to her friends. This is how I always dress up when going to a party although dad hates it but thats how I am……Remember I am a model." Priya smiled relieved. She had actually started wondering what would happen if Armaan lost his heart to Riddhima who was way better then her and always had men eating out of her hands but she knew that Riddhima would never do such a thing with her because she was a wonderful human being and the world's best friend.

Riddhima snapped her fingers in front of Priya's face and spoke "Stop dreaming about that d*** Armaan and pick up your stuff. Samay will be here any moment."

Priya frowned at Riddhima "Whose Samay?"

Riddhima looked at Priya irately and spoke "Gosh why do you ask so many questions anyways Samay Kapoor is my date." Riddhima gave Priya 'you are so dumb' look and with that she walked out of the door of the parlor after making her payment at the reception desk. Priya who was frozen on her spot quickly ran after Riddhima and then grabbing her elbow she turned her around and spoke rapidly "Samay Kapoor as in the superbly sexy model Samay Kapoor?" Riddhima rolled her eyes and at the moment she really wanted to strangle Priya but she replied in a calm voice "Yes Samay Kapoor and before you ask me anything else let me give you the details…….Samay and I have done modeling together and that's how we know each other besides he is the only guy I know here who has the face and personality to stand next to me though he too is not my equal in anyway but I guess I'll do with him for this event at least. He is a nice guy."

Priya was awestruck. She suddenly realized just how lucky Riddhima was with the perfect looks, connection and a really sharp brain and though she acted arrogant at times Priya knew she had a heart of gold. She was proud to be Riddhima's friend.

Priya snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a car horn and turning around she saw a smashingly handsome Samay Kapoor sitting behind the wheel in his Mercedes with Riddhima already in the passenger seat. Priya too quickly sat down in the back seat after saying a hi to the handsome guy.

Samay drove them to the event and handed the car keys to the guard and opened the car doors for the elegant ladies. He stood between them and stopped outside the hall where Armaan was supposed to receive his date.

Armaan stepped out of the hall and stopped in his tracks with his mouth hanging open when he saw Riddhima in that beautiful and bold red dress and he instantly knew that she'll steal the show the moment she'll step inside.

Gosh man this woman is a killer……….the way she looks can drive anyone totally crazy and now how am a supposed to focus on that girl…..whats her name……..ya Riya no dude it was Siya……..nah it just doesn't click oh just forget it she'll be way too happy to notice anything else……dumb girl…..I wonder how she is friends with this extremely smart beauty with brains Riddhima Carter……but hey whose that guy with her…….dude its Samay Kapoor…….guess he is her date……man Samay your Samay will surely come to an end if you don't get your damn hand off her shoulder……..good you did or else I would have spoiled your oh-so-perfect face…….

Armaan composed himself and walked towards them……

Edited by Taira - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Taira thumbnail

"Hey babe" Armaan hugged Priya making sure that he did not say the wrong name and then he turned towards Riddhima and acted surprised "Hey Riddhima I didn't expect you to be here but good that you came. You look neat and babe you look gorgeous." he gave the last compliment to Priya noticing Riddhima's shocked expression. "Come on in guys." Armaan walked inside with his arm loosely around Priya's waist who was delighted with Armaan's compliment while Riddhima was too shocked to react.

'NEAT' huh what's that supposed to mean? Riddhima Carter always looks the best and he called me just plain NEAT but I am glad he noticed how pretty Priya is looking and he was actually really sweet with her or is it just a faade…..is he playing some sort of game with her. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Riddhima walked inside the hall along with Samay only to see Armaan introducing Priya to his friends as if she was his most important guest there. He summoned them to where he was standing and when they were there he spoke "I would like you guys to meet my friends here. This is Atul……….his girlfriend Anjali and this is one of my best buddies Amar…………….and guys this is Samay kapoor- and I know you all know him already and this is Riddhima Carter my dad's business partner's daughter."

Riddhima was surprised at the way Armaan introduced her- he could have called her his friend and anyways people knew who she was pretty well and just then Anjali spoke up "Riddhima you have to know just how great fan I am of yours. I have seen all your works and have even attended a couple of fashion show of yours and I have to say that you always do a commendable job………."

"okay that's it Anjie we are here to enjoy alright so how about if we do just that. You can talk to Riddhima later." With that Armaan walked to the bar with Priya along with him and his other friends following him. Riddhima was mighty pissed at Armaan's rude behavior towards her and she unknowingly missed the cute and caring Armaan she had spent a whole day with…….Riddhima suddenly got alarmed at the direction her thoughts were taking and so in order to escape them she quickly reached the bar and saw that Priya was about to take a drink……..Riddhima quickly stopped her and spoke "Priya I don't think your drinking here is a very good idea coz you know you don't handle drinks very well."

"Oh common Riddhima……I am here to take care of her and you don't have to babysit her. Why don't you just relax and enjoy the party." Armaan spoke with an amused and sarcastic look on his face and Priya just in order to please Armaan drank the contents of the glass in her hand and then they heard the music change and on came a blasting party number. Samay grabbed Riddhima's hand seeing which Armaan did the same with Priya and soon they all were on the dance floor………….

Priya and Armaan were dancing right behind Samay and Riddhima when suddenly a girl came on the dance floor and stood between Priya and Armaan and spoke with her finger outlining Armaan's jaw "Hey handsome………glad u came. Last night was a treat so lets make tonight special as well." Saying that she stepped closer to Armaan and placing her arms around his neck she swayed to the music and took Armaan a little away from Priya who was shocked with what just happened. She saw Armaan dancing with that girl with his arms tightly around her waist….Priya felt her tears threatening to spill out. She looked around for Riddhima but she was talking to somebody on her cell in a corner. Priya was about to get off the dance floor when a hand gripped her elbow and before she could register anything she was spinned around and was in the arms of a tall and handsome guy. She looked up and saw Amar smiling at her upturned face………he bent down near her ear and whispered "I know how you feel. Armaan is in great demand around here and he is just being polite….. I am sure he'll be back soon and till then you can enjoy my company. So I have heard you are working in Armaan's company what post…………….

Soon Amar was busy chatting with Priya who was now comfortable with him but still hoping that Armaan would come back. She didn't like the fact that he just left her like that but soon her attention was on Amar and she was thoroughly enjoying his dumb but funny jokes.

Riddhima saw Armaan dancing with another girl and was really pissed at him….but then she saw Priya dancing with Amar.

I am pretty sure that this jerk must have sent that Amar guy to keep Priya company while he had fun with these dumb girls here………….I don't get why Priya likes him so much………I liked him way better when we had met for the first time……he was so sweet and nice and look at him now behaving like a total playboy with no respect for women……I hate guys like him.

Samay pulled Riddhima on the dance floor and started spinning her around when her hand suddenly slipped out of his and she tripped and banged right into Armaan's chest who quickly moved his arms around her to balance her……She looked up at him looking intensely at her with slight irritation in his eyes…….Riddhima was caught unaware and didn't realize when she started staring at him. She was standing straight but he still had his arms around her and Riddhima could smell the intoxicating cologne of his…….she saw his lips curve into a sardonic grin and heard him say "So Ms.Carter are you going to move back to your partner or you plan to stay here in my arms looking into my eyes for the rest of the night? I know you must want the latter actually every girl does and you are no exception." Armaan chuckled at his own joke while Riddhima looked angrily at him comparing her with other girls and was about to answer back when she was suddenly pushed by a dancing couple back into Armaan's arms……….she was pushed with such force that she banged into him and her lips brushed his bare chest and she gasped…….Armaan too had felt her lips against his chest and had a sharp intake of breath but luckily Riddhima did not notice that. She raised her face and saw Armaan looking behind her and before she even knew it she was pushed away with a slight force and she saw Armaan walking towards a tall brunette ignoring her completely as if nothing had happened between them a moment back…….Riddhima suddenly narrowed her eyes when she saw Armaan hugging the brunette tightly and all of a sudden Riddhima gasped and her hand went straight to her open mouth when she realized that the brunnete was none other then her arch rival Claire Colin.

Claire and Riddhima didn't get along very well - to say the least. Their rivalry had started when Claire was thrown out of an ad campaign and Riddhima was taken instead and after the launch of that very ad Riddhima became the best new face of all brands and was flooded with offers while Claire was out of work for a long time. She held Riddhima responsible for all that and hated her.

She saw Claire walking towards her along with Armaan.

"Riddhima carter am I right?" Claire spoke in a mocking voice and extended her hand towards Riddhima who gave her a cold smile but accepted her extended hand with grace and retorted back "Nice to see you Claire. I see you are friends with Armaan?"

Claire looped her arm around Armaan's arm and spoke in a cheerful voice "Oh I and Armaan are really close friends. I did some modeling for his cosmetic company and we became really good friends at that time and Armaan was THE perfect host."

Riddhima understood that Claire was clearly smitten by Armaan who was enjoying the attention totally. Riddhima was totally disgusted with him and wanted to excuse herself when Samay walked towards them and placing his arm around Riddhima's shoulder spoke "Where have you been? I have been waiti…….." He trailed off when he saw Claire standing in front of them and he quickly stepped towards her and spoke "Claire how are you?" Claire and Samay knew each other and were soon engrossed into a chat session when Riddhima noticed that Armaan was nowhere in sight. She slipped out quietly and walked out and saw Armaan standing on the terrace leaning against the railing. His head was bent…Riddhima had come there to warn him regarding Priya but she noticed that he looked really upset…..She walked towards him and involuntarily placed her hand on his shoulder and was shocked when she noticed him wiping a lone tear from hic cheek. She quickly grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. "Armaan is everything okay?" Riddhima didn't know why she was suddenly so concerned but she just felt the need to know the reason for this sudden change in him and then she heard him say "Its my mom's birthday today." Riddhima's breath stopped for a moment and she quickly looked at Armaan who had tears rolling down his eyes. Riddhima knew that Armaan really loved his mom and was really close to her and before she could even move she saw Armaan walking out of the terrace wiping his tears and she noticed he was holding a beer bottle in his hand.

Part-9

Riddhima saw the beer bottle in his hand and decided to not leave him alone in that condition.. She saw him walking back into the party hall. He walked towards the bar and was drinking shot after shot of Vodka……..Riddhima was really worried but before she could do anything she saw him walk on the stage and taking a mike from the DJ he spoke into it….

"Ladies and gentlemen………this day means a lot to me…….its my dead mom's birthday today. She is dead but very much alive in my heart while I am alive but as good as dead without her." he stopped and chuckled while Riddhima knew that he was about to do something terrible and she looked around for Priya to stop him but she wasn't there…..Riddhima knew Priya didn't like parties much and so she might have left. Riddhima looked back at Armaan as she heard him speak…

"Exactly 5 years back on this day something happened in my life which I never shared with anyone but I am going to tell………hey who switched off the lights??"

Armaan stopped when the room suddenly went dark and there was no light anywhere. Suddenly somebody grabbed his shirt collar and he felt himself being dragged and was shocked and so he didn't protest nor was he in a condition to…..

After 5 minutes the lights were back in the hall but there was no Armaan and so the DJ shrugged and switched on the music again…bringing the party back to life while Riddhima was still dragging Armaan in the corridor when he suddenly grabbed her elbow and turned her around bringing her close to himself. He looked into her eyes and Riddhima noticed his eyes flickering…..he was probably trying to make out something and suddenly he cupped Riddhima's face and slurred "Why did you leave me Sameera?" Riddhima's head jerked up and she looked at Armaan surprised and all of a sudden she heard some voices from the other corner of the corridor and she instantly recognized them to be of Samay and Claire's and she smirked knowing fully well what they were up to…..but then she realized that she was standing with a drunk Armaan who was still mumbling something. She dragged him with great effort into a darkened passage and was relieved when Samay and Claire walked through the corridor without noticing them.

Riddhima froze suddenly when Armaan's body collapsed onto hers. She pushed him away and placed his body onto a chair and rushed out of the passage and ran to the reception and taking a room key she went back to where Armaan was and placing his arm around her shoulder she took him to the room she had booked.

She went inside the room and closed the door with her leg and staggered with Armaan to the bed who collapsed on the bed immediately dragging Riddhima down with himself. Riddhima was lying beneath him when he opened his eyes and smiled slightly and moved Riddhima's hair behind her ear and again she heard him repeat the same name 'Sameera' Riddhima was really puzzled and intrigued as to who this Sameera chic was? Armaan's voice got lower and lower and his head fell onto Riddhima's shoulder and before Riddhima knew anything he was fast asleep. Riddhima was crushed under his heavy frame…with great effort she pushed him onto the bed and was about to get up from the bed when she felt being pulled back and turning around she saw Armaan holding her wrist tightly. She sighed and dragging a chair she sat down on it next to the bed with Armaan holding her wrist.

She called up her dad informing him that she was staying with Priya and then she just hoped that Armaan's father wouldn't panic about not finding him at home the whole night. She cursed Priya for leaving just like that and that too without informing her and then she claims to be in love with this guy.

Why am I surrounded with weirdos…..Priya says she loves this guy but where is she now when he need her so much….and what's with this guy? One moment he is the sweetest guy and the very next moment he turns into a disgusting playboy……..anyways why do I care….he was so rude to me? And treating me like I was some uninvited and unwanted guest there. But the next moment I see him all broken missing his mom…..gosh its so hard to understand this guy……….and now who is this Sameera? Probably another one of those girls he goes around with…..another entertainment…..and I was actually thinking of him as a sweet and a sensitive guy when I had met him…….humph well this is what he is whether I like it or not….

Riddhima smiled sarcastically and tried her best to get comfortable in the chair and after 30 minutes she fell asleep with her legs on the bed and wrist still in Armaan's grip.

Armaan moaned with pain and tried opening his eyes……he had a pounding headache and was finding it really hard to even open his eyes but somehow he managed to open them and his eyes fell on the girl in front of him sleeping in a chair…..frowning due to the uncomfortable position she was in with her hair covering her face partially. Armaan's eyes widened when he realized that the girl was actually Riddhima and he sat up trying to remember exactly what had happened last night. He felt his hand still gripping her wrist and he immediately let go of it and saw the marks that his tight grip had left. He took her hand into his and rubbed his thumb over the marks and she moved a little in her sleep……he looked at her face and his hand moved on its own accord and removed the hair covering her face feeling her soft skin under his fingers…..he smiled and seeing how uncomfortable she was he stood up and picked her up in his arms and was placing her on the bed when his foot banged into the chair and he fell on the bed with his arms still around her but luckily she just moaned a little and shifted….he slowly freed his arms and covered her with a sheet and again looked at her beautiful face….but then he frowned…. again trying to remember what had happened last night…he just hoped that he had not done something wrong or worse spilled his feelings for her….

Armaan had admitted to himself that he was smitten by her big time but he still could not bring himself to believe that he was in love with her…. He had planned to give her some attitude and stay away from her but he didn't like that one bit….he didn't like seeing her with another guy nor was he very comfortable with mistreating her….the way he pushed her on the dance floor and that too for her arch rival was way too rude…..he always gave a party on his mom's birthday….so that he would not break down but last night he had felt even more lonely…..seeing Riddhima there he had wanted to be with her….talk to her and tell her just what exactly the day meant to him but he decided he would stick to his plan…..he had always mocked the whole concept of love but when he thought of being in love with Riddhima the very thought gave him satisfaction and filled him with happiness but he wanted to be sure of his feelings…..

And even if I am in love with her I don't think she is even attracted to me….she hates me for what I did with her friend but can't she see that it wasn't completely my fault……oh god what am I supposed to do and what if she is already seeing someone????? If only mom was here….she would have given all the answers *sigh* I will have to do something but before anything else I have to find out where exactly I stand in her life and till then I will continue to treat her the same way…..

Armaan got up from the bed and ordered coffee for himself and Riddhima. He took off his shirt and went into the washroom to take a shower.

Riddhima rubbed her eyes and got up only to see herself comfortably on bed and Armaan nowhere in sight…. She heard a knock on the door and getting up she saw a waiter with two cups of coffee…she took them from him and placed them on the table when she saw Armaan come out of the washroom looking all fresh and alert…..

"Good morning" Armaan greeted Riddhima nonchalantly and picking up his coffee he sat down on the chair across her….Riddhima raised her eyebrows at his behavior and when she felt she couldn't take it she erupted "Who the bloody hell do you think you are?"

Part-10

Armaan raised his eye brows at her probing her to continue and so she did…….

"When we had met for the first time you treated me like I was somebody really special to you and we actually became good friends then I come to know that you have been playing around with my best friend…humiliated her like she is some call girl meant for use and throw purposes……..and then when I confront you about it you act as if it was all Priya's fault and then you throw a party, invite her and when I come along you treat me like filth and make me feel like am some intruder and just when I am happy that you are actually realizing your mistake and treating Priya in the right way….the way she deserves to be treated…..then you leave her in the middle of the dance floor for some clingy s***……then you get my RIVAL in the party. I mean seriously how can you do that to me? You finished our friendship in no time and then you are all over that b**** Claire who is here just to piss me off……you know what I don't care if you are friends with her or you love her….the only one thing I care about is my self-respect and dignity…. And you have been ignoring and insulting me all this time and I was so not in a mood to even talk to you ever but when I saw you on the terrace I felt bad for you and do you have any idea what you did last night at the party? You were so d*** drunk that you went on the stage blabbering about some nonsense and just to save you from all the embarrassment I switched off the power supply and dragged you out of the party before anybody noticed and brought you here when you were murmuring some Sameera chic's name….and then now that you are completely sober and in your senses you don't even have the courtesy to thank me or if not that then at least behave decently to me but no what do you do……again ignore me like I am a big 'nobody'." Riddhima finally paused trying to gauge Armaan's expression but his face was completely expressionless. She sure did see some flicker of emotions but before she could read them they were gone.

While Armaan was shocked when she told him what he was about to do last night at the party and was really grateful to Riddhima for saving him from the disgrace or else all the hard work of showing off as a playboy would have come crumbling down. He then wiped off his face of all the emotions that might have come on his face and heard Riddhima still lecturing him.

Riddhima wiggled her finger at him and spoke angrily standing close to his chair…..

"Mr.Armaan Malik if there is something that I don't appreciate are people who always play around with other's feelings just so that they can have some fun….and…

Riddhima was about to continue when Armaan stood up suddenly standing face to face with Riddhima with her finger touching his chest…..she quickly removed her finger and took a few step backwards in order to create some more space between them but Armaan walked towards her and kept doing it till she hit the wall……he went closer to her and there was barely any space between them while Riddhima was pushing herself into the wall hoping that it would slide back and she would have a chance to escape from all the weird feelings taking over due to the sudden nearness she was sharing with this devil called Armaan…She tried moving out but Armaan placed his hands on both her sides and blocked all her escape routes and for the first time he saw the invincible Riddhima Carter getting NERVOUS and he sure was enjoying this…

Armaan moved his face closer to hers and his nose was touching hers and then he spoke "I am sorry Riddhima…"

Riddhima's head jerked up and due to the sudden movement their lips brushed and Riddhima gasped while Armaan's muscles tightened…..he could not afford to loose himself and so he spoke "That's exactly what you want me to say….sorry…..right but that's something you are so not getting and you know why because its you who should be apologizing to me for being rude to me and shouting on me like that and as for what I did to Priya….well I am making up for that and I did invite her to the party and just because I left her alone for a moment on the dance floor doesn't give you the right to yell at me like that….and ya Clair Colin. Well she is my upcoming model and also a great friend so she is bound to be present at my celebrations……and what else did you blame me of………….ah! Yes ignoring you….." Armaan moved his finger on Riddhima's face and came down to her chin and lifting her face he looked into her eyes and spoke in a deep voice looking into her eyes "Did my ignoring you hurt you so much Riddhima? Did you want me to come and talk to you and be with you the whole time knowing fully about the accusations that you had whirled at me in my own house and the slap that you gave me…….it wasn't just a physical injury but a blow to my ego as well but I had no idea that you'll be so hurt because I thought that you didn't care and the only thing that you care about is your friend's happiness and that's exactly what I was working on. And you brought me here…..well thanks a lot for that but why did you do that you should have just left me like others did….the way your friend did…..she should have been here but she is not….tell me Riddhima why do you care?" Riddhima was frozen at her spot not knowing what to do.

Armaan released Riddhima's chin and starting moving his lips closer to hers…..Riddhima closed her eyes in anticipation but after a couple of seconds had lapsed she opened her eyes to see no one in sight. She looked around for Armaan but did not find him and then her eyes fell on the open door and she realized that he has left…….leaving her there knowing fully well what Riddhima was expecting him…..no wanting him to do……..

Riddhima covered her face with her hands….she felt mortified and more than that she felt guilty about betraying Priya's trust in her…..she remembered Priya's tense face when she had jokingly told her that she was planning to seduce Armaan and then her words to assure Priya 'Riddhima Carter never eyes what belongs to her friends'…..

Then how could she have behaved like that….she had wanted Armaan to kiss her….Armaan who Priya was in love with….she felt like a traitor and a scum. She closed her eyes and ran her hands through her hair trying her best to overcome the feeling of loss and guilt inside her. She gathered her stuff and left the room.

Armaan entered his room and closed the door behind himself and leaned against it and slid down to the floor. He could still feel Riddhima's soft skin under his fingers and the feel of her lips against his…..only he knew how he had controlled himself from not succumbing to his desires……then he remembered what she had told him about him blabbering at the party and she dragging him out the party…..he knew what he would have spoken about if she wouldn't have stopped him but she was the one responsible for it….if she wouldn't have made him feel all these things all over again then he wouldn't have remembered Sameera….he was never in love with Sameera he knew that but just the fact that he allowed somebody to hurt him like that just made him shrivel up even more and that is why he had been wearing this mask of a Casanova to hide his vulnerable side but with Riddhima he always felt secure and content but he couldn't stop the memories from overpowering him. He still remembered everything vividly…..

Flashback

*THUD*

Armaan's school bag fell on the floor…..his senses went numb and everything grew blurry and the only thing he could feel was his head spinning and his mom's body lying on the floor covered with a white cloth…..he felt somebody hug him and he heard his dad's voice "Armaan son your mom left us….she left both of us alone…she broke all her promises….she is not going to be there with you now when you won't be able to sleep at night…..you won't find her cradling your head in her lap helping you go to sleep or making coffee for you so that you can stay awake and prepare for your

exams…..she wouldn't wipe your tears everytime you'll cry for a lost competition…..she would just never be there no matter how much you much need her…..we are all alone son…."

Armaan walked closer to his mother and sat down next to her body and he then shook her lightly hoping she would get up and say that she was playing a prank but she didn't…..he cupped her face and spoke "Mom get up please……I flunked my exam again and my teacher wants to see you tomorrow." He stopped waiting for his mother to continue but when she didn't he spoke again "Mom aren't you angry? Please get up mom……you are scaring me now…..fine I accept that you are way better at pranks then I am now please get up or I swear I am going to flunk the next exam as well…" when his mother didn't get up Armaan got furious he pushed his mother's body with force hoping that she would get up but he was horrified and filled with dread when her body just rolled off the stretcher and fell on the other side and he saw the bruises on her neck and her hands burnt completely….Armaan's father rushed to his wife's body and placed it back on the stretcher and gathered his son in his arms who still hadn't registered that his mom was dead….

Armaan was 15 at that time…..his father dressed him up in a white kurta pajyama but Armaan stopped him and spoke "Dad one of the buttons is missing….we'll have to ask mom to stitch it back." Abhinmanyu couldn't stop his tears but he gripped Armaan's hand and took him along with his wife's body to the crematory ground….after 20 minutes Armaan was taken towards the dead body and he held a log in his hand…its one end was on fire. Armaan, on commands of the priest did every ritual mechanically and left the ground and went back home. He went straight to his mother's room but when he didn't find her there he took off his kurta and placed it on her dresser hoping she would see the button missing and would stitch it back. He left his home for his basket ball practice. Abhimanyu saw the Kurta on the dressing table and cried harder…..it was Armaan's habit to place his top on the dresser if the button was broken so that his mom would stitch it back when she would see it….

Armaan came back and saw his kurta button in place and smiling he placed it in his cupboard and taking his dinner he went to sleep unknown to the fact that it was his father who had stitched the button. This went on for days……somewhere inside Armaan knew that his mother was dead but at the same time he kept hoping that she would come back when she would see just how much Armaan needs her and so he decided he would keep landing in troubles so that his mom would give up and come to his rescue…..at the same time he started working really hard in his studies hoping that his mom would be really happy when he would get good marks and would forgive him for troubling her and would come and pat him and hug him and then would never leave him. On his birthday Armaan would get the same cake that he always got which was partially his favorite and partially his mom's favorite and he would wait for his mom but when she wouldn't come he would simply eat his share and place the rest of it in the fridge thinking his mom would eat it later and next morning he'll smile when the cake wouldn't be there thinking that his mom ate it and not knowing that his father distributed it amongst the maids….

This continued for a long time….Abhimanyu Malik knew that he should not do this. He should tell Armaan that his mom is never coming back but he did not have the courage to break his son's heart. So he continued with the drama for years…

It was time for Armaan's graduation…..he had completed his 12th and 10th board with flying colors but he was disappointed when his mom never came…..his friends too supported him and told him that his mom would come back though they all knew that she won't but Armaan was everyone's best buddy and they would not hurt him for the world…..they knew that Armaan was being like a kid….being so old he was still not able to accept that his mom was dead….

Finally Armaan was happy when he had topped the Harvard University and he knew that he had completed his mom's dream and now she will HAVE to come to him…..she'll be too happy to keep up the drama…

Armaan came back to India and went into his mom's room and shouted

"MOM…….look am home and see I have completed all your dreams…see mom I topped my university…..

"ARMAAN!!" Armaan turned around and saw Sameera, his girlfriend standing there…. He walked upto her and spoke "Sameera you are going to meet mom today. She'll be really happy to see you." Sameera was Armaan's girl friend for last 3 years…She had supported Armaan whenever he had broken down missing him mom and she would constantly tell him that his mom was coming back very soon….She was the only one who was so confident but others always said as if they were saying it to simply console Armaaan and that fact about Sameera made him fall in love with her.

Armaan kept waiting for his mom along with Sameera and then the door opened and he saw his father step in. Armaan ran to his father and spoke "Dad where is mom? Please tell her to…

*SLAP*

Abhimanyu slapped his son for the first time and gripping his shoulder he dragged him to the puja room where his wife's photo was placed with a garland around it…He barked at Armaan

"Your mom you idiot is dead. She had been dead for 8 years. She never stitched the buttons on your shirts….I did. She never ate her part of cake…..the maids did. She never placed the coffee on your bed side in morning…..I did. I allowed you to live in that fake world you created so that you'll be happy but it tortured me every moment and now you have to stop it…….stop it Armaan for god sake…..she is dead. You were the one who had set fire to her body why the hell don't you accept it. You know it as well as I do. You are 23 years old Armaan…..I don't think you are little boy who doesn't understand what death means." Abhimanya Malik walked out of the room leaving a stunned Armaan…..he turned around towards Sameera and gripped her shoulder tightly "Sameera you know that mom is alive…..you know she is alive right? Tell me" She shook her head and Armaan pushed her away from himself and ran out of his house. He started his car and left for the beach….he was driving very rashly and then his eyes widened when he saw a truck approaching him on the one-way narrow road….

PART-11

Flashback continues

Armaan's eyes widened seeing the approaching truck…his hands were paralysed on the steering wheel but within no time Armaan steered the car to the right hand side and stopped it there….he didn't know how that had happened but some force had made him do it……Armaan again felt his mom's presence around him but slowly the fact that his mom was dead was sinking in…..

Armaan leaned his head on the steering wheel of his car and broke down in incessant sobs but stopped when he felt a hand moving on his hand and he lifted his head and saw his mom sitting in the passenger seat of his car……..Armaan suddenly broke into a huge genuine smile….something that hadn't touched his face from the last 8 years….he felt happiness rush through his body….he moved forward to hug his mom but instead she spoke "Armaan son…….you will have to live your life without me from now on but you should not forget that you have to take care of your dad….he too is suffering Armaan….he let you believe that I existed for so long and it tormented his very soul so now you have to make sure that he is happy and is able to come out of his grief….like today you will never run away from your responsibilities son. And never think that I am not with you…….I am always going to be there for you in fact when earlier I was with you only when you called me to you but from now on I'll be watching you all the time and every passing second I'll be there with you….all that you have to do is remember me whenever you need me and you'll find me right next to you…..standing by you through thick and thin. That's my promise Armaan but you too have to promise that you will always take care of your dad…." Armaan nodded his head unable to speak anything…..

"And thanks a lot for fulfilling my dream of seeing you a graduate from the best university and that too as a topper. Take care Armaan and remember I am always there with you." With that Armaan saw his mom disappear into thin air and a tear trickled down his face but he wiped it immediately and smiled realizing the fact that from now on he'll be more close to his mom then ever and now he understood that it was his mom who had saved him from the accident. He also realized that he had always known that his mom was dead but was never ready to accept it…..so important was his mom to him that he was ready to live in a make-believe world where his mom was still very much a part of his life and he had tortured his father for it and had also made out of himself…..Armaan smiled and then with a new determination he decided that he will take care of his father and will prove him that he is the best son……

Armaan went back home and told his father about all that happened….Abhimanyu felt really worried when Armaan told him about the accident that was about to happen but the concern just grew even more when Armaan told him about seeing his mom in the car and Abhimanyu was scared about Armaan's mental condition and Armaan could see that so he simply hugged his father and assured him that he was fine and will take care of himself and would take of him as well. When Abhimanyu was finally relieved Armaan went to his room to where Sameera was waiting for him and he assured her as well that he was fine and there was nothing to worry about..

Since Armaan's studies were over he joined his father's business and started taking the major responsibilities upon himself…..he also made sure that his father should never be lonely or depressed due to his wife's death. So Armaan would take his dad to dinner, they would play golf together, go to temples and conduct the poojas just the way Armaan's mom used to……..the house was once again filled with laughter and life. Armaan whenever alone would stand in front of his mom's portrait and would talk to her and he would always find his mom responding to her…….his father heard him doing that but he would simply smile thinking that that was Armaan's way of keeping his mom alive in his life……..

A year later it was Armaan's mom's birthday and Armaan was feeling very down and depressed so he decided to go to Sameera's place…..

"Mayank what's wrong with you? Of course I don't love Armaan…….you are the only one I love Mayank but we can't live on love for our whole life and Armaan is the only one who can help make our lives better. That guy is head over heels in love with me and I am sure he will marry me soon…………I know because he is grateful to me for being there with him when he was totally broken by the news of his mom's demise and so I am sure he will never leave me……..ya Mayank he is such a fool…thinking that his mom is alive…..I find the whole thing so funny……and don't worry once we get married I'll get enough money transferred in my name and will leave him…..we can get married and I……

But before Sameera could say anything further she was turned around and slapped so hard on her face that she fell on the chair on the right side of her and turning around she was shocked to see Armaan standing there with eyes that were burning with fire….Sameera stood up and was about to say something when Armaan slapped her again and she fell on the floor

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME??? I thought you loved me….you were my support and everything I ever wanted in my life…….you…..you were playing around with my feelings…..calling me a fool when I thought that you were the only one who understood my feelings……..you think I was a fool…..do you even know how it feels to loose somebody you love so dearly? Do you have any idea what I felt when my mom died….a part of me died with her……a part of me still cries every time I get up in the morning and don't hear my mom singing her bhajan's….I hate my birthdays because they were one such days when I and mom would be together the whole day….I cry every night just so that god might take pity on me and send my mom back but I know that's not possible so I consoled myself with the love I was getting from you and dad but no you had to do this to me……..why Sameera?"

Armaan was not angry anymore….he was just so shocked and shaken up that he felt he would collapse anytime…..he waited for Sameera to reply and heard her say..

"Look Armaan I am really sorry but I……." she trailed off not knowing what to say or do…..

Armaan felt his anger returning…….he gripped her shoulders and slammed her against the wall and bringing his face closer to hers he spoke "A fine game you played with me Sameera and how about I tell you just how much you have hurt me……" With that Armaan tore off her right sleeve….while Sameera looked at him shocked, scared of what he was going to do…….she struggled against Armaan's grip and just she felt it loosen she was shocked even more as he threw her on the bed and covered her body with his….he tore of her shirt in the front and was pressing his body against hers with great force……he brought his face closer to hers and bit the side of her neck making her wince in pain….Sameera was begging Armaan to leave her but he was so hurt and angry that it felt like some beast had taken him over and he wouldn't stop without taking revenge….Armaan pulled Sameera's hair and was about to hurt her further when his mom's face flashed in front of his eyes and he immediately got off Sameera and stood up…..he took out his wallet and threw all the money it contained on Sameera's face and spoke "this is all you are worth…..and now don't ever show me your face again…" With that he left her house.

Sameera slid down to the floor and leaning onto her bed she cried for a long time feeling the pain of the bruises on her body……now she felt just how badly she had broken Armaan and felt guilty.

Armaan went back to his house and standing in front of his mom's portrait he cried for a long time not just for Sameera betraying him but also about him loosing control like that and doing something as bad as that and he knew that it was his mom who had stopped him……he kept apologizing to his mom through his sobs and eventually fell asleep…….when his dad saw him the next morning he was instantly worried and armaan told him that Sameera was no longer in his life and how she had been fooling his for so long….Armaan soothed down his father's anger and assured him that he was fine..

From that day onwards Armaan hardened his feelings towards everyone except his father and Atul…..he knew he was never in love with Sameera but was so used to having her around him that he thought of it as love but after her betrayal Armaan would sleep around with women but never felt any connection with them he always thought that women could go to any extent for money and so he would keep buying them expensive gifts….slowly Armaan transformed into a complete Casanova but still there were times when he felt really lonely craving for some real love in his life but he prevented himself from falling for any girl and would live happily with whatever love he got from his dad and Atul….

But Riddhima's very charm and persona was driving him insane and he knew it wasn't plain physical attraction but a lot more then that……..He respected Riddhima for the kind of woman, friend, daughter and a human being she was……no matter how hard she tried to appear she was a total softie from inside……..a really sensitive, caring and a sweet person…..

Armaan walked up to the open window in his room and feeling the fresh air on his face he spoke "Mom your son's finally in love." Armaan smiled and felt at peace after a long time……

While Armaan was smiling standing in his room Riddhima was banging her head against the wall trying to get the feel of Armaan's lips out of her head but in vain….

"Riddhima Carter you have to forget that guy because he belongs to Priya and anyways he is so not worth you…..lets thinks about Samay……ya he is a nice guy….Samay is really hot…Samay has a really unique sense of style……Samay talks well……Samay is a total gentleman…….Armaan has got beautiful eyes….

Riddhima suddenly stopped and looked into thin air and then banged her head against the wall one more time feeling really stupid for not being able to forget Armaan.

PART-12

"Armaannn!!" Riddhima took a few steps backwards as she saw Armaan advancing towards her…….Armaan placed his arm around Riddhima's waist and pulled her closer to himself and even before Riddhima could register anything he slammed his lips on hers……Riddhima looped her arms around Armaan's neck making the kiss deeper….she opened her eyes a little and closed them again but then she opened them with a jerk and was shocked to see a disheveled Priya standing behind them with her eye liner smeared, her hair a mess and her hands holding a……knife….A KNIFE….

Riddhima quickly pushed Armaan away from herself and heard Priya speak

"I am going to kill you Riddhima…….you stole Armaan from me…..you are a cheat, a liar and the world's worst friend…."

"Guys I am outta here." Saying that Armaan left the room leaving Riddhima alone with a furious Priya….

Riddhima began "No Priya you getting it all wrong…." But before Riddhima could complete her sentence Priya pushed the knife inside Riddhima's stomach……….Riddhima fell on the floor with blood all around her while Priya was laughing like an evil maniac……She kicked Riddhima's body on the floor

*CRASH*

The glass fell from Riddhima's side table as she was banging her hand everywhere restlessly due to the nightmare she was having…..she quickly sat up and wiped the sweat from her forehead….and she started muttering to herself…

"Man what was that all about???? You are dreaming of kissing that idiot Armaan and be another notch in his endless list of conquests…..get a grip girl….there are loads of better looking and better kissing guys out there am sure…..and OH MY GOD Priya looked scary….and she killed me….and that slime ball just left me with her to get killed…..why didn't she kill Armaan….why me??" Riddhima sat with her head bent low totally confused and a little scared with the feelings she was getting…..her eyes fell on the clock and she quickly jumped out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom hoping that Priya would not actually kill her for coming late…..

She took her bath quickly and stood in front of the bathroom mirror…….smiling she told herself

"Riddhima……you are Riddhima Carter the super model….guys are totally crazy about you and please let it remain that way and don't go all bonkers over this Armaan guy…..coz he is mean, rude and a playboy…..yes and he is so not worth your time….so now its fixed that you are not going to think about him again and have fun with Priya…"

Riddhima smiled at her reflection and stood with a determination to not think about the devil Armaan for the rest of the day…..

AT THE MALL

*THUD*

"Oh I am really sorry…..damn you…… now what are YOU doing here?" Riddhima looked irritated at Armaan……..just when she was sure she had forgotten him….BANG he is there again to haunt her and what was she supposed to do now……there was no getting away from this guy…..he is such a pain…

Armaan looked at Riddhima totally confused and slightly hurt as to why she was so frustrated at seeing him here……wasn't he allowed at the mall….

"What happened? Miss. High and Mighty seems to be in a bad mood today and not that there is anything new about it……coz I don't know about others but with me you are always either sulking or yelling….and why are you so surprised? You don't think that the extremely dashing Armaan Malik is forbidden from coming at public place in fear that the girls might loose their senses gawking at my handsome face?" Armaan gave a cheesy smile to Riddhima getting back a dirty look and then she retorted "You are seriously delusional….and thats the worst cheesy line I ever heard of."

Armaan chuckled and picked up the handbag that Riddhima had dropped when he heard her cell ringing inside it…..Riddhima quickly took the call

"babe where are you? I have been waiting for you from an hour……………WHAT….you can't come and you couldn't inform me on time………fine go to hell." Riddhima threw the cell back in her hand back and taking a sigh decided to be polite and answer Armaan's questioning look directed at her….

"It was Priya. I had to do some shopping so I had asked her to be here since I hate shopping alone but guess what she has some important work to do and so she can't come and she informs me after making me wait for an hour."

Armaan smiled at her kiddish behavior and spoke "If you don't mind I would like to stay with you since my friends are not going to show up for quite some time."

Riddhima looked at Armaan and did not notice anything suspicious about the proposal he made so she agreed.

"How about this?" Riddhima turned towards Armaan only to see him not paying any attention to her at all……..she looked at the mother son pair he was so intently looking at…..

"What are you looking at Armaan?"

"I miss my mom." Armaan stated simply and Riddhima was touched by his simple admission and she thought that he looked cute when he said that….she cupped his face and spoke "Armaan what do you miss your mom for……don't you know that when people die they get more close to us and are always watching us so for your mom's sake smile and keep smiling….ya like that." Riddhima pulled Armaan's cheeks into a smile but after a couple of seconds she removed her hands realizing what she was doing. She turned around quickly and started looking through the dresses while Armaan's smile just got deeper and deeper.

After 20 minutes Riddhima was done with her shopping surprising Armaan as according to him girls took an eternity to complete their shopping but as usual Riddhima proved to be different.

They went and sat in a restaurant across each other.

"Can I ask you something?" Riddhima asked Armaan hesitating a little coz now that they were sitting across each other and not FIGHTING…..she was reminded of the last conversation they had and she felt a little awkward.

"Sure. Go ahead." She snapped out of her thoughts and continued

"Armaan. Why were you ignoring me on the party that day?" Armaan looked at her slightly taken aback. He decided to tell her the truth and looked straight into her eyes and spoke "I was hurt Riddhima because of the accusations that you made at me that day….I mean yes you were right that I behaved in the wrong way with Priya but I did not really believe that she loved me…..I thought that she was trying to trap me for my money like all other….how was I supposed to know that her feelings for me were genuine. You did not even hear my side of the story and declared me as a low life scum…."

Riddhima looked apologetically at him and placing her hand over his she spoke

"I am sorry Armaan…..I guess my better judgment was clouded by my love for Priya…Won't you forgive me Armaan?"

Armaan looked at Riddhima and smiling mischievously he spoke "Only on one condition."

Riddhima narrowed her eyes at him and raising her eyebrow she probed him to go on

"You will have to be the main model for our upcoming fashion show and also for the catalogue that we'll be making for our new set of garment that we are going to launch…and yes you'll have to do some photo shoots as well."

Riddhima looked at Armaan amused at his comdition and then she spoke "Do you even know what you are asking for? Directors, ad agencies, photographers, companies all crave to work with me…..sending me offers everyday…trying their best to convince me but I work with only the best….

"And I am offering you the best Riddhima. Enigma is one of the best fashion houses and trust me when I say that working with us will simply add to your reputation…..and don't make it sound as if you are doing me a favour by agreeing to it because this is just a prize that you have to pay to get Armaan Malik to forgive you." Armaan lifted his head proudly while Riddhima chuckled and spoke

"Fine Mr. Malik I am ready to work with you…..though I should be grateful because I get your forgiveness but still I just want to tell you that once the news is out about me working for your fashion house…..your fashion house will touch a new league and will be in news all the time." Armaan considered what she was saying and nodded his head at her realizing that she was right…..he had made the offer because he wanted to spend some more time with her and have her close to him all the time but now that he thought about it…..it seemed to be a really profitable venture and Armaan knew his dad would be delighted to hear the news.

They both walked out of the restaurant and went to the parking lot but suddenly Riddhima stopped and turning towards Armaan she asked him "Hey weren't you supposed your friends?"

Armaan smiled cheekily and spoke "I said that so you'll let me stay with you. I mean I didn't really want to go home and so……"

He trailed off while Riddhima gave him a comforting a smile and bidding a cheerful goodbye at him she moved towards her car while Armaan stared at her back delighted by the progress he has made with her.

And now he was desperately waiting to start this new assignment while Riddhima too was very excited about it but what she didn't know was that she was not the only one working on the modeling assignment……Claire Colin too was a part of it.

Armaan went home and gave his dad the news about Riddhima working with them on their new assignment and as expected Abhimanyu Malik was delighted not just for their financial profits but also about the fact that now Riddhima and Armaan would spend a lot more time together……

PART-13

Riddhima knocked onto Armaan's cabin and walked in when he allowed……

She was impressed by his cabin. It was very neat and clean with all the files in their places and the furniture stylish and sophisticated…..

"Have a seat Riddhima." Armaan smiled at Riddhima and sat down next to her in front of his table……

"So are you excited about the new assignment."

"Excited…….am desperate to start Armaan…. Modeling is my passion which I have not done for quiet some time so am really eager to get started but ya I had to tell you that I have called up Andy and he'll be here within 4 hours….I had called him tomorrow itself."

Armaan frowned and asked Riddhima "Whose Andy?"

"Andy is my photographer Armaan, in fact he is a superb photographer…the most sought after and its not easy to get him so thank me for that….." Riddhima smiled at Armaan who was still frowning "But Riddhima we have good photographers here."

"Oh Armaan chillax….Andy is special. When you'll see the photographs you'll know what I mean……his photography is magical and you are going to love it."

Armaan sighed and did not argue any further. He was explaining the whole assignment to Riddhima when they heard a female voice yell "ARMAAN!!!"

They both turned towards the door only to see Claire standing there……Riddhima's jaw dropped to the ground while Armaan stood up with a smile on his face. Claire ran to Armaan excitedly and hugged him tightly…..Riddhima got up and pulled Armaan away from Claire and stepped between the two and spoke "What are you doing here?"

Armaan looked at Riddhima trying to figure out what was wrong with her while Claire gave a dirty look to her and spoke "Don't you have any manners Carter? And who are you to ask me what I am doing here?"

Riddhima regretted getting so impulsive but luckily for her Armaan intervened at that very moment and spoke to Riddhima "Riddhima, Claire is also working on the same assignment…. Claire why don't you go and check out the dresses and I and Riddhima will join you within five minutes…." Claire smiled and moved out of the cabin…..

Armaan looked at Riddhima and quickly took a few steps backwards as he saw her enraged expression…….and NOW he remembered what he had done…….gotten the biggest of enemies to work together……

Riddhima was breathing heavily while looking at Armaan with daggers in her eyes……

Gathering a lot of courage Armaan spoke "Riddhima I am….."

"WHAT THE HELL ARMAAN???? I AM NEVER GOING TO WORK WITH THAT WOMAN….. THROW HER OUT RIGHT NOW."

Armaan too was angry now…….first she gets her own photographer without his permission and now she is commanding him to throw another model out……she had no right to decide that……..fine she was THE best model but if she wants to work with him she'll have to work on his terms…..

"Riddhima I can't do that and you'll have to keep your personal problems aside for this….."

He was once again cut off by Riddhima "PERSONAL PROBLEMS…..there are no personal problems here……she hates me Armaan and if she works with me she will make sure she makes this my worst modeling experience ever….. She has tried doing that before and she'll try again…….."

Armaan stopped Riddhima by placing a finger on her lips and then gripping her shoulder he spoke "Relax!! I won' let her do any harm to your work I promise…..besides you are going to be the lead model and won't you enjoy being superior to Claire in this assignment."

Riddhima thought for a while and looking at Armaan's pleading eyes she agreed…..

They both exchanged a smile and Armaan took her to the costume place….

As soon as Claire saw Armaan and Riddhima entering she walked towards Armaan and linking her arm with his she spoke "I love your collection Armaan….its amazing. I am impressed."

Riddhima walked towards the collection leaving the two behind and checked out the designs and the fabric….. Armaan walked up to her with Claire still clinging to his arm "Do you like the collection Riddhima?"

"Hmmm…..Wow Armaan. Its really nice…."

Just then Armaan's assistant walked inside with some documents in her hand……Armaan gave one file to Riddhima and the other to Claire….. They both were reading the file when Armaan heard Claire almost yell

"WHAT THE F*** IS THIS???? RIDDHIMA IS THE MAIN MODEL???? WHAT IS THIS ARMAAN???" Riddhima smirked while Armaan rolled his eyes wondering what mess he had gotten himself into…..and now he had no idea what he was supposed to say…

"Look Claire….. I know you two don't get along very well but please I request you guys to behave maturely. And Claire you have to agree that Riddhima is leading the success charts currently and is in great demand….. The public world over is crazy about her and so her being the lead model will help a lot…..you have your own qualities Claire… you are a senior in the field and we definitely need your experience here and you are also an established name so having you is a bonus here….." He looked at Claire's not so pleased face but he'll be damned if he took any nonsense from the two models here….. He was the boss and he'll decide how things are going to work. They might be the best but they are not the only ones.

Claire finally agreed….she couldn't afford to displease Armaan and no matter what she pretended to the world…. The fact was that she was out of work and somewhere inside she knew that Armaan too has given the assignment for friendship sake. She had no choice but to put up with Riddhima.

He got the papers signed and sitting in his cabin he explained them the whole assignment. They were about to complete the discussion when Riddhima suddenly stood up and spoke "I am sorry guys but I have to go. I have to pick somebody from the airport." Armaan knew Riddhima was talking about Andy her photographer so he decided he'll accompany her and this way he'll get to know what kind of a guy they were hiring….

"Riddhima wait a moment…..Claire I have told you pretty much everything. We have read the documents as well and rest I'll tell you at the location tomorrow." Claire smiled at him and standing up, much to Riddhima's disgust, she placed a kiss against Armaan's cheek and left the cabin but not before giving Riddhima a cold stare….

Riddhima quickly turned towards Armaan and spoke "Did you see that?? Did you just see that???"

Armaan raised his eyebrow at Riddhima and spoke "Saw what Riddhima?"

"Claire's face when she left…. Didn't you see she gave me the coldest look ever??"

Armaan rolled his eyes and spoke "Stop it Riddhima. She didn't do any such thing. Stop being paranoid."

Riddhima banged her foot on the floor like a little kid and left the cabin….Armaan smiled at her kiddish behavior and then ran after her to catch up with her.

She was about to get into her car when he yelled "Wait I am also coming with you."

Riddhima did not say anything and simply got into the car and opened the passenger door for him….. Armaan grinned and got into the car but before Riddhima could start the car he held her hands and turning her to himself he held his ears and spoke "I am sorry."

Riddhima pouted at him but looking at his puppy dog face she caved in and gave him a sweet smile. She started the car and drove to the airport.

Armaan and Riddhima got out of the car and Riddhima looked her door and was about to turn around when a hand went around her waist and she was lifted in the air…… Riddhima was spinning around giggling when Armaan saw her and also saw the tall, broad guy holding her…….he gritted his teeth and wanted to punch the guy black and blue but some how he held himself back…..

"OH MY GOD!!! PLEASE STOP IT ANDY. my head hurts." Andy placed her down and turning around she hugged him tightly.

"Oh man I missed you.." Andy told her holding her shoulders.

"I missed you too Andy…. I saw you at the award function on T.V. So you won the award again huh?"

Andy flashed his dashing smiled at her and placing a kiss against her cheek he spoke "All thanks to you missy. They selected me for your photographs…. I think we make a deadly combination together."

"Of course we do. And now we are going to show that very magical combination to people in India. And here meet Mr. Armaan Malik, owner of the fashion house Enigma and our boss….. And Armaan this is the magician photographer Andy."

Riddhima introduced the two and they both shook hands….

"There is another person with me Riddhima." Andy told Riddhima in reply to which she simply raised an eye brow but before Andy could say anything Riddhima felt someone hug her from behind "Hey its me…"

Riddhima's eyes widened when she realized who the voice belonged to….it was none other than her boyfriend Kevin….

After giving Riddhima a bear hug and a light kiss on her lips he moved towards a very angry Armaan who felt like he could do a murder or two at the moment…..

He extended his hand in front of Armaan and spoke "Hi! I am Kevin…. Riddhima's boyfriend."

Sorry guys for the boring part but it was supposed to be longer but i am running out of time and couldn't manage anything more than this but i promise the next part will be mighty long....Do leave your comments.
Taira thumbnail

PART-14

Armaan paced his room angrily remembering how that monkey faced Kevin had kissed Riddhima….

I don't believe this……… she has a boyfriend. Now what am I supposed to do??? I can't believe Riddhima has such bad taste…. Kevin Cruise is THE ugliest guy I have ever seen…. Okay fine maybe he is not ugly but then at the same time he isn't as good looking as I am…..

Armaan smiled at this and standing in front of the mirror he told himself "Armaan Malik you are way more handsome then that Kevin and whats even more important is that you love Riddhima more then any guy ever can…. So its you who deserve her and not that weirdo Kevin….."

"Exactly.." Armaan stopped talking and turned around only to see his dad standing at the entrance of his room grinning…..

"Dad!!….uh I was just…."

"You love her Armaan. Don't you?" Abhimanyu asked his son knowing fully well what the answer is going to be…. Armaan had been a different person all together ever since Riddhima had come in his life…

"Ya dad I love her but she already has a boyfriend."

"Big deal Armaan. she is a supermodel and its pretty normal in there profession and you too have dated a lot of girls… being somebody's boyfriend and being actually in love are two very different things. So it doesn't mean that she loves this guy. Fight for your love Armaan….. Don't let her go like this. Tell her that there is only one man who can keep her truly happy and that's you."

Abhimanyu patted his son's back and left the room. Armaan smiled to himself and went inside to change. Riddhima had dropped him home from airport and had invited him and his dad on dinner…… initially he didn't want to go but now he was ready to face that jerk guy Kevin and courtesy demanded that they went since Shashank too had invited them.

Armaan entered Gupta mansion and saw Shashank standing right in front of him….. They greeted Shashank and Armaan looked around to see where Riddhima and the monkey and that photographer guy was and that's when he heard Shashank say….

"Armaan they are all in Riddhima's room…. Upstairs… 1st door to left." Armaan nodded his head and ascended the stairs and was about to enter when he heard Riddhima shouting

"Oh ! Shut up Kevin and don't act all innocent with me. I saw you with Claire… what do you have to say about that?"

"Riddz I agree that I was with Claire but she was the one who had called me to the terrace and the moment I was there, she was all over me and before I could even react you saw us."

"Oh please Kevin ! Stop lying. You had your hands around her and you were kissing her… I am not some little kid whom you can fool with your sweet talk.."

"No sweetheart….."

"Don't sweetheart me…. Kevin please… save your breath because nothing you say can make me change my decision." Riddhima was about to walk out of the room when Kevin gripped her wrist and whirled her around harshly….she banged into his chest and he spoke angrily "Its Andy right? You have been going around with him and I…"

He was cut off by Riddhima who looked angrily at him and raising her hand she slapped him hard across his face… "I don't believe I ever thought that you could be the one for me… nor can I believe that you can stoop so low…. Blaming me for something as disgusting as that while its you who has been cheating behind my back. Look i don't want to create a scene in my father's house and that is why i am tolerating you so don't try my patience."

With that Riddhima walked out of the room while Armaan quickly ran down the stairs back to the dining hall… He seated himself on the table… he saw Shashank's confused expression and quickly gestured him to not say anything…

Shashank was confused to see Armaan running downstairs and then he saw Riddhima who did not seem very happy….

"Riddhima beta where is Kevin?"

"Dad he is coming." Riddhima told her father and she sat next to Armaan after greeting his father…. She smiled at Armaan and they both saw Kevin enter the dining hall. He came and sat next to Riddhima after greeting everyone and soon Andy, who had just come back from some shopping too joined them.

Abhimanyu looked at Armaan who seemed a little tense… in fact everyone on the table looked tense…. Shashank was constantly looking at Riddhima who was focusing on her food and didn't look up even once while Kevin too was constantly looking at her… Abhimanyu was about to start some conversation to lighten the atmosphere when he heard Andy say to Armaan…

"Armaan…..I hope I can call you that??" Armaan smiled at Andy and so he continued

"I just wanted to warn you…. You are going to be working with Riddhima and Claire together. It ain't easy to work when they both are together. Riddhima is a professional and I am sure she won't create any problems but Claire can be a handful…. She hates Riddhima from the very core of her heart and will go to any extent to cause trouble for her which will indirectly effect your work… last time she had tried to ruin the dress Riddhima was supposed to wear on the ramp but luckily Kevin came before any damage was done…. Right dude??"

Andy smiled at Kevin who spoke in return "Of course Andy anything for Riddhima." Saying that he placed his hand over Riddhima's hand tightly so that she won't be able to remove it and seeing that Armaan felt disgusted and wanted to punch the guy right there but instead he spoke calmly "Don't worry Andy I'll make sure that Claire does not do anything this time and Kevin you can relax… I am there to take care of Riddhima." Armaan knew that wasn't the right thing to say but he liked the look on Kevin's face…. Riddhima looked up from her plate and smiled at Armaan gratefully.

Shashank saw the exchange between the two and so he passed a smile to Abhimanyu who looked pleased.

After that Andy and Armaan kept talking about work with Shashank and Abhimanyu giving there suggestions in between.

After the dinner was over they all sat in the living room while Shashank took Abhimanyu to his study.

Riddhima sat across Armaan while Kevin, who was just not ready to leave her alone, sat next to her with Andy sitting next to Armaan.

"So Kevin tell me something about yourself. I would like to know you better." Armaan said in a sarcastic tone which went unnoticed by everyone but Riddhima. She looked at his face but found it blank and she heard Kevin speak, "Well as you know I am an actor…. I have done modeling before and thank god for that because that is how I had met Riddhima. It was one of the fashion shows where I and Riddhima had to walk the ramp together…. I saw Riddhima for the first time then and was smitten in no time. Well who wouldn't be." Kevin chuckled and picking up Riddhima's hand kissed her knuckles but Riddhima snatched her hand away and spoke "Guys I am really sorry but I am feeling a little tired and would like to retire to my room." Kevin and Armaan both stood up and spoke together "Are you okay Riddhima?" Riddhima ignored Kevin and just looked at Armaan and smiling she told him "Ya Armaan I am fine…. Just a little tired. Goodnight and thanks a lot for coming today. I'll see you tomorrow at work." She walked towards the stairs and was about to step on them when she felt a hand on hers and turning around she saw Armaan standing there…..

Seeing Riddhima's face wrought with tension he leaned forward and kissed Riddhima's forehead and whispered "Riddhima if you ever want to share something… just remember I am always there for you. Goodnight." He smiled at her and went back. Riddhima looked puzzled but then she thought that maybe he had noticed how tense she was…. She smiled and went to her room.

Kevin had seen all that had happened between Armaan and Riddhima and wasn't happy with it….. He could clearly see how smitten Armaan Malik was with HIS girl friend but he will see to it that he doesn't make another move towards her….

IN THE STUDY

"Shashank I would love to see you daughter as my bahu as I can see she will play the role perfectly. She might be a model but I know that she has everything that I want my bahu to have and to add to it Armaan loves her a lot. Armaan has changed thanks to her…. He is a lot more cheerful and positive towards his life. After his mother's death… there was this hollowness inside him, a void that I think only Riddhima can fill. And I know my son enough to tell you that his love for Riddhima is very true."

Shashank smiled at Abhimanyu and told him "I know and I also noticed his body language, his expressions every time he spoke to Riddhima but Abhimanyu the problem here is not Armaan but Riddhima. She is a very principled girl and since you had heard hers and Armaan's conversation about Priya in your house….you must know that Riddhima will not accept Armaan fearing that she will hurt her friend doing so…. I can see that she too likes him but she will keep avoiding her feelings for Priya's sake."

Abhimanyu nodded his head at him and Shashank continued "Don't worry I'll talk to Riddhima tomorrow."

Abhimanyu did not mention Kevin in front of Shashank because he somehow felt that there wasn't much to him anyways…. Riddhima did not seem to be in love with the guy, and being a broad minded father he knew dating is probably normal. He wanted Armaan to be completely happy now and he will do everything he possibly can to make that happen.

"Goodnight uncle." Armaan touched Shashank's feet and bid him goodnight. He was walking towards his car when suddenly his way was blocked by Kevin.

Kevin came and stood in front of Armaan. He was slightly taller than Armaan while Armaan was broader…..

"Kevin placed his hand on Armaan's shoulder roughly and spoke in a firm voice "So you are Riddhima's friend huh? Well its good but it would be even better if you stay just that…. Riddhima belongs to me and if you make a single move towards her you'll have to pay heavily for it."

Armaan smirked and removed Kevin's hand from his shoulder and took a step forward…. He looked Kevin straight in the eye and spoke "Look Kevin, we'll let Riddhima decide who she wants and doesn't want around her… and I might be just a friend but I can assure you that if a single tear falls from her eyes or if you ever hurt her in any way you will be the one paying damn heavy consequences for that. So it would be better if you watch yourself around her." He pushed Kevin away and sat down in his car and drove away to his home.

"Good morning beta" Riddhima opened her eyes and saw her dad sitting next to her. She smiled at her dad taking the coffee mug from his hand and placed it against her lips.

"Is there something you want to talk about dad?" Riddhima noticed her dad's nervous expression.

"Riddhima I wanted to ask you about Armaan. Riddhima I am really fond of that guy and would love to have him married to you… I am sure they'll keep you happy beta. He is handsome, charming, smart, intelligent, rich and so he'll suit your personality perfectly and whats even more important…. He is a very nice guy and would never hurt you and his father too would take good care of you." Riddhima listened to her dad patiently…. But when she heard him say about how nice he was and would never hurt her she couldn't help it and spoke out immediately

"Dad I don't know on what basis you think he is a nice guy… I mean he IS very sweet and caring towards me but what about the Casanova image he has? You can't deny that he has been sleeping around and dumping women…. We all know about that dad."

Shashank sighed and spoke "I know what you are talking about Riddhima and I want you to do me a favour ask Armaan himself about it. After you talk to him… give me at least some answer about the proposal I have made."

With that Shashank quickly left the room… Abhimanyu had told him everything about Armaan's past but he wanted Riddhima to hear it from Armaan himself so that she would feel the pain he has been through and that would help her get out of the whole Casanova concept that she has built around Armaan.

Riddhima got out from her bed and called up Armaan… she told him that she wanted to talk to him about something important. Armaan thought that maybe she wanted to share her problem regarding Kevin with him while Riddhima was really hoping that Armaan would give her a reason good enough to forgive his casonova image though she had no idea how that would help… she still won't make any move towards him knowing that he belonged to Priya.

I tried to make it as long as i possibly can... do leave your comments guys.

perfectpiscean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...amazing start!

Ur ff sounds really itneresting...Just wanna knoe whu that girl is!
And Armaan is so cheap!

Anyways do continue soon!

Ur ff intro is mind-blowing!

Do PM me once u do!

-Marisha
Taira thumbnail

Part-15

Riddhima walked inside Armaan's cabin only to see him sleeping on the couch inside his cabin'. It was 7:45 and so the office building was empty'. There was no one there except for the cleaning staff.

Riddhima walked closer to the couch and saw Armaan looking angelic in his sleep'.there was this really sweet smile playing on his lips'Riddhima's heart filled with sudden warmth' she knelt on his side and lifting her hand she moved it in his hair and on his forehead and saw Armaan's smile deepen and she too felt good doing that. Armaan opened his eyes slowly and their eyes met' Riddhima felt this sudden rush of warmth through her'. The moment felt so right'.and her mind and heart were at peace.

Armaan lifted his hand and placed it on Riddhima's cheek and caressing it for just a moment he moved it on the back of her head bringing her face closer to his'he moved a little and very gently he placed the lightest kiss on her lips'.it was such a gentle touch and nothing intense or passionate about it but Armaan knew at that moment that he'll remember the kiss forever.

Riddhima's eyes filled up and she stood up with a jerk' her body was shaking'Armaan also stood up next to her and took her in his arms and Riddhima surrendered willingly and broke down completely' Armaan could feel her tears soaking his shirt while he patted her back and tried soothing her''he moved her away from himself and made her sit on the couch'.

'Riddhima what is the matter?' Armaan asked her in a motherly tone.

Riddhima shook her head and spoke 'I don't know. I was just feeling kind of blue today''..' She quickly wiped her tears' she herself didn't know why she was crying. Maybe it was just the moment' she hadn't had anybody treating her so delicately from a very long time and with Kevin back in her life things were just getting even worst'. She was constantly reminded of how he had cheated on her while she had almost taken him as her hero when he had saved her dress from Claire'.he had come across as her savior but he had also broken her heart by cheating on her''.she just wanted to run away to some fantasy land where everything was happy and good.

'Riddhima you wanted to talk about something right?' Riddhima looked at Armaan. She nodded her head and spoke 'Armaan I wasnted to ask you something and also tell you something. Will you be honest with me?' Armaan nodded and spoke 'I promise I'll be honest with you.' Riddhima smiled at him and walked towards the window at the other end of his office.

'Armaan why are you the way you are?''..okay I know that it sounds really stupid but Armaan you are a really nice person than why do you go about hurting women'do you have no respect for them or their feelings? Why did you hurt Priya?' Armaan was shocked at her outburst'.he walked closer and began

'Riddhima I was in love with this girl Sameera' at least I thought I was in love with her' we had a very long relationship. I was really dedicated and sincere towards this relationship of ours but suddenly one day I came to know that the girl never really loved me and was always after my money' while I was madly in love with her and was planning our future together. After mom left me she was the only one I was close to'. Would share my feelings with but turns out that she took advantage of my mom's death' knowing that I was emotionally weak at that moment and used it to come closer to me. I never really accepted my mom's death and lived in this illusion that she will come back to me someday and tortured my dad forcing him to keep up the drama for my sake but one day the whole dream broke and I was forced to confront the harsh reality'. I was broken and just when I managed to get back to normal I was faced with yet another harsh reality which was about Sameera. And from that day onwards I never allowed myself to fall in love and the women I met too never wanted anything else but money from me and so I never realized what I was missing'.. I took priya to be the same. I am sorry Riddhima for all the hurt I caused.'

Riddhima was shocked with what she heard '. All this time she had assumed him to be a heartless brute'an insensitive playboy while he had been carrying a whole ocean of wounded feelings inside him.

Armaan Malik had turned into a cynic'.he was heartbroken and had tried to vent out his frustration and anger on the world outside'Riddhima knew how it felt to be cheated in love'. She looked at Armaan's hardened expression' he was trying to be angry but she knew that he was hurt and was on the verge of a break down.

Riddhima placed her hand on Armaan's shoulder and turned him around. 'Armaan you don't have to be sorry' its me who should be sorry for being so harsh with you' I was wrong but you tolerated everything and still treated me so nicely''

Riddhima saw a tear trickle down his face and without thinking twice she gathered him in her arms and this time it was he who broke down in sobs.

She moved her hand up and down on his back.

Armaan slid down to the floor and covered his face with his hands'. He had never shared all this with anyone and today when he had let everything out he felt surprisingly light and peaceful but those old wounds still hurt'.

Riddhima knelt down next to him and just looked at him'.she remembered how she had treated him when Priya had told her the truth about her and Armaan's relatiosnhip and for the first time she realized that it was Priya who was at fault and not Armaan'..she too like this Sameera chic had taken advantage of his weak condition only their intentions were different. She blamed Priya for making her hurt Armaan so much and at that moment she decided that she'll make it upto him. She smiled at her new resolve and gripping Armaan's shoulder she made him stand up and wiping his tears she placed a kiss on his forehead and spoke 'Armaan forget your past and start a new life'..I am sure you'll be able to find someone who will love you with all her heart and would never leave you alone or hurt you. And always remember Armaan that I am always there for you.' She smiled while Armaan simply stared at her'

If only you knew Riddhima that you are the only one I love'. I want you to know this but I am not sure how you will react. I want to prove my love to you and win you over and take away all the sorrow from your life. I will make you fall in love with me but till than I have to control myself.

With that new resolve Armaan stood up and left his cabin leaving Riddhima still kneeling on the floor'. She was confused at Armaan's reaction and though she didn't want to admit but she was hurt as well'.everything Armaan said or did had suddenly started to matter to her and she was happy with the fact that he had shared his feelings with her but than his sudden rejection of the comfort that she was offering had really hurt her'.

'So you finally realized your real place.' Riddhima's thoughts were interrupted by a sharp female voice and even before she lifted her face she knew who it was.

'What do you want Claire?' Riddhima stood up and faced Claire.

'What are you doing in Armaan's cabin?' she asked Riddhima with a tinge of menace in her voice'. Riddhima replied very coolly to her 'I was here to talk to him.'

'Talk to him or make moves on him just the way you did with Kevin.' She hissed while Riddhima narrowed her eyes at her and spoke 'I and Armaan share a bond that you would never understand and as for Kevin'. Well he is my ex-boyfriend and I know that you had so badly wanted him that you were ready to sleep with him a few days back knowing fully well that he was seeing me but you know what'. I am done with him and you are most welcome to have him in your life because I am no longer interested in him and you are always very interested in having my left over.'
Riddhima had barely ended when Claire raised her hand to slap her but before she could do that her hand was caught mid-air by a firm masculine hand and Riddhima looked up to see who her savior was'.

Part 16

Riddhima looked up at Andy holding Claire's wrist firmly in his hand looking daggers at her'.Claire twisted her wrist to get it out of his grip but he was way more strong than her.

'Let go you fool.' Claire yelled at Andy'.loudly enough to shake the building. Riddhima moved closer to Andy and placing her hand on his arm she signaled him to let go and so he did'.but the moment he freed her wrist'.he pointed his finger at her and spoke 'Listen and listen good Claire''.you are here to work not bug Riddhima'why can't you get a life?'

'Look Andy this doesn't concern you and so you stay away from this alright?' Claire hissed back.

'As long as it concerns Riddz'it concerns me as well. She is my friend and there is no way I will let you get'.'

But before Andy could complete his sentence she spoke up with a sly and dirty smile on her face'. 'What's going on between you two? I mean seriously'.am genuinely interested to know'.affair between the famous supermodel and her photographer'.is that why your pictures are always so so good? Huh Andy'.is that why you so protective but what about Kevin and '

'CLAIRE!!!' Armaan yelled at Claire'. He was there to get them to the studio and had heard her passing that snide remark to Riddhima'

'I don't believe I am working with somebody like you'.you are a senior in this industry but you are so caught up in your jealousy that you have forgotten the basic ethics of the industry'.you have no professionalism in you and I am sorry to say but I cannot work with somebody like you'..and you know what, I hate to say this but I gave you this assignment because I know exactly what kind of crisis you are going through which is why I decided to help you but your behavior is making me regret my decision. I think I will have to break the contract.'

Armaan finally stopped and felt Riddhima's gaze on him'..he looked at her only to see her shaking her head at him lightly and signaling him not to fire Claire while Claire too shocked to say anything but finally she mustered the courage and spoke 'Armaan I am really sorry'. I won't repeat this mistake in future' I am sorry.'

Armaan looked at her and shaking his head he spoke 'If you want to apologies'than apologize to Riddhima and not to me.' Claire's eyes widened while Andy tried his best to hide his smile'.and Riddhima on the other hand looked like she was trying to pop her eyes out of her sockets'.

Claire knew she cannot afford to loose the assignment'.she needed it and she also needed to stay close to Armaan who looked mighty pissed at her now so without thinking twice she swallowed her pride and turning towards Riddhima she spoke in a low voice 'I am sorry Riddhima.' With that she turned around and left the cabin while Andy burst out laughing'. 'Oh! Man I wish I could have captured the expression on her face in my camera'.it was a kodac moment'. I would never forget the way she looked while apologizing to Riddhima.'

Armaan glared at Andy to make him stop but slowly even his lips started twitching and he burst out laughing along with Andy while Riddhima just stood there shaking her head at the two of them'.

'RIDDHIMA!!! how long are you going to take?' Armaan stood outside the changing room waiting for Riddhima to come out'..they were getting late'Claire had already done her part of the shoot but Riddhima was just not ready to come out and Armaan was now loosing his patience'

'Riddhima!!! What the he'..'

Armaan could not complete his sentence as he saw Riddhima emerge out of the changing room looking breathtaking in her blue white evening dress'.it was a very simple dress but to Armaan Riddhima looked angelic in it'. He had stopped breathing as he saw her standing in front of him with her head lowered and her hand behind her back while her hair were all over her face'..finally she spoke breaking the silence between them' 'Armaan'.Armaan'.ARMAAN!!!' Riddhima tried getting the once again dazed Armaan's attention and when she did'.she again lowered her voice and spoke 'Armaan I am sorry I took so long but I can't reach the zipper and sorry to say but you don't even have assistants to help me with my dress'.a model is supposed to have someone to help her around'.anyways now what am I supposed to do? Will you'.uh I mean'.can you'.close the zip?' She hesitated but Armaan gave her a comforting and warm smile and walked closer.

He did not make her turn around instead his hands went around her perfectly slender body and he moved her hands away from the zipper making the dress come loose in the front and her left shoulder bared a little'.Armaan had a sharp intake of breath which went unnoticed by Riddhima since she too was getting nervous about their proximity.

He reached for her zipper and slowly pulled it up but in the process his fingers brushed against her skin and Riddhima gasped at the sensational contact' Armaan closed the zip but did not move away instead he moved her hair away from her face'deliberately moving his fingers on the edges of her face'.Riddhima closed her eyes but just when she did that Armaan spoke 'Look into my eyes Riddhima.' Riddhima quietly obeyed'she opened her eyes and looked into his eyes and was captivated by their intensity, she lifter her hand and placed her palm on his cheek'. He moved his face and kissed her palm while Riddhima just kept looking into her eyes'.He very slowly leaned forward and was about to kiss her when they heard someone's voice 'Riddhima sweetheart where are you?' Riddhima quickly got out of the circle of Armaan's arms and saw Kevin walking towards her'She frowned at him and spoke 'What are you doing here?'

'I came here to watch your shoot. You know I have always been at all your shoots sweety'.and so am here again to support you.' Kevin smiled at her and than turning towards Armaan he acted surprised and spoke 'Oh! Hey Mr.Malik' didn't notice you'anyways do you mind giving us a moment? I need to talk to Riddhima and if'.

But before he could say anything further he was cut off by Riddhima's sharp voice..

'I am sorry Kevin but we are already getting late and whatever you have to tell me can definitely wait but I don't want to delay Armaan anymore. Lets go Armaan.' She walked out. Armaan smirked at Kevin and giving him 'you are such a looser' look he too left the place leaving a fuming Kevin behind'

He had seen them getting closer but he didn't want them to know this so he had very carefully retraced his steps back and had walked back to the changing room deliberately making the sound of his footsteps so that they would break apart'..

There was no way that Kevin would loose Riddhima to this Armaan guy'. No matter what extent he has to go to'. But he will be the winner at the end.

'Riddhima moved a little towards your right.' Andy was trying to get the right posture for his camera to capture while Armaan stood to Andy's left watching Riddhima's beautiful body change postures every now and then'.his intense focus on Riddhima was making it hard for her to focus and for the first time she was feeling nervous'

Just when Riddhima decided that she will have to tell Armaan to leave in someway'. She saw Abhimanyu Malik enter the studio.

'Hey kids how is it all going?' Abhimanyu addressed all of them while they all smiled and nodded their heads.

He walked closer to where Riddhima, Andy and Armaan were working and spoke to Riddhima 'Riddhima you look beautiful'. I wish you were born 20 years before'.

But before Abhimanyu could continue he was cut off by an aghast Armaan 'DAD!!!' he left it at that hoping his dad would get the message'.and Abhimanyu did'he chuckled and patting Armaan's back spoke 'Chill!! Anyways I need you to go over some files with me so lets go.' they turned around and were about to leave when Abhimanyu suddenly stopped and spoke 'And ya kids you all are invited to tonight's party' 8:30...Hotel Sigma'.it's the launch party.'

Part-17

Riddhima paced her room to and fro for a really long time looking at the bed in between which had all her dresses spread on it. She was trying to find the suitable outfit for the launch party'she picked up a couple of dresses which she knew she won't be wearing and threw them on the floor and then she jumped onto the bed and sat in the middle of the whole mess.

Riddhima was looking down at one of her several dresses when her vision was blocked by some red stuff. She looked up and saw her father holding a red sari in front of her. She raised her eyebrows questioning him'

'I want you to wear this at the party today. You will look gorgeous in it just the way your mom did.'

Riddhima looked sharply at him. After their divorce her father had never even once talked about her mother and his wife.

'Mom?' riddhima probed him to continue.

Shashank smiled a painfully sad smile and spoke, 'Ya she was wearing this very sari when we met for the first time'and I instantly fell in love with her. When we got divorced I took this with me as a memento of our relationship. So I want you too to wear this and I am sure you'll steal every heart at the party. You'll be the most beautiful girl there.'

'Dad!! I am Riddhima gupta'.I will anyways be the most beautiful girl at the party even if I wear the shabbiest clothes of mine but I'll wear it for you.' She smiled up at him and taking the sari she left to change while Shashank wiped the tear that came the moment Riddhima was gone. He wiped it away'..remembering Mollie'.Riddhima was his only comfort and now even she would be gone soon'.. married to some guy.

Armaan sat on his armchair twisting the soft ball in his hand. The images of the day flashed in front of his eyes'.he remembered how he and Riddhima were so close today and remembering that he cursed Kevin the millionth time that day for that unwelcome intrusion of his'.the guy is such a pain.

Armaan cursed him under his breath. But the best part was the expression that he saw on Riddhima's face when he had stood close to her and had deliberately brushed his knuckles on her bare skin'he knew he was effecting her like a slow drug. Riddhima carter was finally falling for him. Armaan smiled and congratulated himself but now he had to make her trust him''but before anything else he had to get rid of the big time pain Kevin.

Armaan shook his head and fishing out one of his finest suit he went to change. He had to make an impression today.

Riddhima stepped out of her room and the three people waiting for her in the living room had a sharp intake of breath. She looked divine in that red sari with a black border with her hair slightly curled at the end and dropped on her shoulder. She wore no jewelry'.her graceful and beautiful skin didn't need any adornment anyways. She looked beautiful without even making an effort. She had done minimal make-up with a faint pink gloss on her lips and slight blush on her cheeks along with the kohl in her eyes enhancing her green beautiful eyes.

Shashank felt a surge of pride on seeing his beautiful daughter all grown up in a beautiful lady. And for the first time he wished that Mollie was here with him to see their daughter. She too would have been equally proud to see her looking like a dream in the sari she once wore.

Kevin looked at Riddhima and was mesmerized. He had never before seen her in an Indian outfit but today when she was wearing one'.to him she looked like the best thing that ever happened to him. He seriously regretted kissing Claire'.only if he hadn't done that one stupid mistake he would have placed his arm around her beautiful bare waist without her protesting against it but he wasn't the kind to give up.

Riddhima was looking so beautiful that he was determined, more than ever to have Riddhima back in his life.

Andy looked at Riddhima and instantly wanted to get his camera and click as many photographs of her as he possibly can but he knew he'll get a huge lecture from her for thinking of photography at that moment so he instead walked up to her and placing his arm around her he spoke 'Your intentions don't seem to be good babe. Who are you going to victimize today with your charms?'

While Riddhima rolled her eyes'Kevin and Shashank chuckled.

'Common kids time to leave and Riddhima beta you look amazing.' Shashank told her

'Do I look better than mom dad?' Riddhima knew she shouldn't have asked that question but she was really curious to know his answer.

Shashank smiled at her and spoke 'Don't try to be smart kiddo'.I love both of you and can't choose one over the other.'

'So you still love mom huh?'

'Riddhima we'll talk about this later.' Shashank spoke sternly and left the room.

Riddhima sighed and followed him out.

Armaan stood on the entrance of the hall welcoming all the guest there. He was wearing a black Armani suit with his usual signature cologne looking sexy as hell and a certain panache that only he could posses'.the way he carried himself was flawless and it all came naturally to him without any effort and his beautiful deep gray eyes were like icing on the cake. They could make any woman in the whole hall loose their senses in no time. Armaan was perfectly aware of the way the girls around him were gawking at him and were ready to kill for even the merest glance'..an acknowledgement from him.

Armaan behaved very politely with all of them and answered their flirtatious questions and compliment in a sweet way but without even a tinge of encouragement. He had changed'''.his love for Riddhima has changed him.

Armaan kept craning to see if Riddhima had arrived and finally she did. He saw their car and than he saw all of them get out of the car.

Armaan smiled but his smile faded when he saw Kevin get out of the car right after Riddhima. Shashank and Andy had already walked towards them and Riddhima too was about to but Kevin held her elbow and pulled her back. He whispered in her ear..'Riddhima sweetheart you look beautiful today.'

Riddhima glared at him and spoke 'Kevin for heavens sake don't you have any shame left in you. I have told you again and again that there is nothing between us anymore but you are still following me around like a puppy. I told you can stay here till Andy is here but behave yourself and remove your hand from my waist right now.'

Riddhima had raised her voice a little higher but Kevin kept smiling at her and slowly whispered 'Shhhh!! Darling don't yell. Have you forgotten your and mine position. We have press and media here and I am sure you don't to create a whole scene out here. They all know that we are dating each other so now you behave.'

Riddhima looked around and she realized that he was right. She forced a smile for the cameras flashing around her while Kevin took advantage of the situation and moved Riddhima closer to himself.

Armaan walked towards them and bent down to touch Shashank's feet. Shashank was pleasantly surprised'.Armaan had never done this before. He blessed Armaan with all his heart and when Armaan stood up and Shashank looked into his eyes he knew that Armaan did not greet him as a business partner'.he had greeted him as family. Shashanks's heart warmed and he hoped more than ever that Riddhima would accept that he is the guy for her.

Armaan shook hands with Andy who then left for the party. Armaan than saw Riddhima approaching the hall and his heart skipped a beat as he saw her in the red sari'..his heart was beating faster'..he could actually hear it beating but then the appreciative and amorous look on his face changed into a frown as he noticed Kevin and his hand around Riddhima's bare waist. Armaan flinched at the sight of Kevin's hand touching Riddhima's bare skin and he instantly turned around and walked away.

Riddhima had seen Armaan turn away and she really wanted to stop him but she knew that with Kevin along it was almost impossible.

Riddhima saw Armaan sitting at the bar but thankfully he wasn't drinking.

She walked towards him and placed her hand on his shoulder. Armaan knew that it was Riddhima'.he wiped off the hurt expression and turned around with a smile and spoke 'hey Riddhima'you look really fetching in this sari and you and Kevin make a pretty good pair.' Armaan spoke the last words with a little bit of bitterness which was noticed by Riddhima.

She didn't know why but she wanted Armaan to know that she and Kevin weren't together and it was just an act that she had put up in front of all the cameras out there.

'Armaan I want you to know that I and Kevin are not dating each other. Its just that the press doesn't know that we are not together anymore and I don't want to attract any negative publicity just before the launch.'

Armaan thought for a moment and looked back at Riddhima and his smile deepened and he spoke trying to sound sorry but couldn't keep the smile away 'Oh!!! that's bad but you know what that guy is anyways not meant for you.'

'Oh! Really than who is?' Riddhima asked him with a sly grin on her face and Armaan was about to say that it was him when he saw Kevin approaching them'.he quickly extended his hand forward and spoke 'Riddhima will you dance with me?'

Riddhima looked at him and wondered what was up with him'.but she agreed anyways.

Armaan took her to the dance floor while Kevin stood there frowning at the two of them and than his eyes fell on Claire standing with some media people. He walked towards her and signaling towards Armaan and Riddhima he asked her to dance with him. She got the message and excusing herself from the reporters she placed her hand in his.

They also walked towards where Riddhima and Armaan were dancing and took their position right next to them.

Riddhima and Armaan were too lost into each other to notice the couple next to them.

Armaan's hand went around Riddhima's waist. Riddhima placed one of her hands on Armaan's shoulder and her free hand rested in his. They both swayed to the music closing the distance between them slowly. Riddhima was feeling very light and giddy in Armaan's arms. His intoxicating cologne was getting to her senses. She loved the touch of his hand on her waist and everything felt very right. To steady herself she moved a little closer to him and her cheek touched that of Armaan's'.she slowly removed her hand from Armaan's hand and placed it also on his shoulder while Armaan placed his now free hand on the her waist. They were almost in a hugging position with no distance left between them. Armaan's hands were around her waist almost protectively while Riddhima was holding his shoulders trying to remain upright and not collapse into his arms completely.

They were really comfortable with each other but unfortunately the music picked up speed and the extremely soft melody was replaced by a slightly fast music. Noticing the change in the dance around her Riddhima too moved back and Armaan and Riddhima did the dance that suited the music in between of which Armaan rolled Riddhima around himself and was about to roll her back in his arms when Claire bumped into Riddhima who landed into Kevin's arms while Claire took Riddhima's position with Armaan.

Riddhima looked at Kevin who smiled at her while she gave him a dirty look and was about to walk away but Kevin's strong hands held her back.

'What was that about?' Armaan blurted as soon as he saw Claire in his arms.

'Sorry Armaan but Kevin wanted to dance with HIS girlfriend.' Claire emphasized the word his to tell Armaan loud and clear that Riddhima belonged to Kevin.

Armaan frowned at her and creating some distance between them he looked at Riddhima who had her back towards him and just by her body language Armaan could tell how uncomfortable she was.

Riddhima looked angrily at Kevin and struggled to get out of his grip but when she felt his grip tightening around her she stopped struggling not wanting to created a scene. As Kevin felt her give up her struggle he ceased the opportunity and pulled her close to himself while her anger increased towards him but he remained unaffected. He caressed Riddhima's waist with his thumb'moving his fingers a little low while Riddhima winced at his touch. And as if that was not it his hand moved down to her hips and Riddhima moved her head up with a jerk.

'Stop it Kevin.' she hissed at him.

'Stop what Riddhima?' He kept smiling like an idiot and Riddhima had a very strong urge to slap him right across his face.

'Oh common don't act as if you don't enjoy it. You have always enjoyed having me do all this haven't you?' Riddhima felt disgusted and with great force she removed his hand away from her waist and left the dance floor.

Kevin looked around and when he saw that Claire had conveniently busied Armaan in some conversation he slipped out of the hall and followed Riddhima.

Link to the next thread
meow23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
dat was a mindblowin intro..
waitngg 2 read more.. contd soonnn

.x.Saira.x. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow😳!
first part was really well written👏👏👏!
-cnt belive armaan is so mean😭
cnt w8 for the nxt part😳
123abc123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
omg dis ff sounds really gd
really kin 4wrd to readin dis
arman cheap or wot
omg cnt wait 2 read mre updte sooon plzzz

luv nizma x
ttimpy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
bow  wow........................... taira...................u ve changed the entire persona of armaan mallik .................i never thot that i wud ever relate the word meanie with him.................

nice change though......just want to know who that girl is..................

pl. PM when u continue...............

prernawaghray thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ttimpy

bow  wow........................... taira...................u ve changed the entire persona of armaan mallik .................i never thot that i wud ever relate the word meanie with him.................

nice change though......just want to know who that girl is..................

pl. PM when u continue...............

ditto yaar
yahan humara armaan kitna bhola bhala aur cute sa hain n in ur ff hes such a ************************* (fill in the bvlanks) hehehehe😆
but seriously ur ff had a gr8 start n ya plz do change his char later on dont like him like this😉😆
i mean its entirely ur wish but plz see to i its just my suggestion
n do pm me when u update😉
👏