Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Okay.....

I know I am late...but I saw the movie...& I am sooo disappointed....

Because I wanted to love it...but I couldn't...

I couldn't make out wheather they cared too much for the message or they simply didn't care enough...but light part was too light & dark parts were too dark & in the end I was left wondering what exactly to feel about the movie....

Yes it dealt with the subject of economic migration...but I was expecting it to deal with it with a bit more sensitivity...It felt like they knew what to say but couldn't build a story around it to deliver the message...

Also why actually Tapsee & Srk's characters were separated for such a long time....so many plot devices which actually felt stupid after a certain point....

Comedy didn't land .. 

this movie for me failed to achieve what I had expected...

Raju Hirani is struggling to make a Raju Hirani movie...

Edited by asmitamohanty - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago
carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

FB_IMG_1708225416197.jpg

My review on Dunki. 

Good movie. Wasn't the same kind of dynamic cinematic experience with an umph like Animal.

SRK was brilliant in many places. Let me just say, the guy is maintaining himself really well. He looked good and his body maintenance is just right! 

I may give spoilers, but please allow me, then kick me later... or better still throw tomatoes at me, which I will sit and enjoy whilst eating them. 

Vicky Kaushal, there just wasn't enough of him. He was brilliant 👏 but doesn't mean he is a better actor than Bira. No.. Bira is on another level. 

Loved his character and he acted well, killed off too soon. 

Now during the time Vicky was there, Shahrukh purposefully held back and you will notice he wasn't in his top notch acting mode. It seems like the actor gave the chance to Vicky to shine. But as soon  as Vicky was gone.. boom 'the' SRK kicked in and was brilliant. The church scene of the wedding  was awesome! He looked great and it was a lovely and funny scene. 

I understood his stance, he was an army man, he couldn't betray his profession standards, wish Manu understood that. I knew she will die before he turns around with the ring. 

Over all Tapsees performance was good too. 

The movie covered alot of things that needed to be shown. Though I thought they will spend more time showing the actual Dunki journey. 

I recommend you to watch this movie. 

Well done to SRK, Vicky, Tapsee and team.

I'll tag a few, anyone welcome to comment.

Originally posted by: carisma2

FB_IMG_1708225416197.jpg

My review on Dunki. 

Good movie. Wasn't the same kind of dynamic cinematic experience with an umph like Animal.

SRK was brilliant in many places. Let me just say, the guy is maintaining himself really well. He looked good and his body maintenance is just right! 

I may give spoilers, but please allow me, then kick me later... or better still throw tomatoes at me, which I will sit and enjoy whilst eating them. 

Vicky Kaushal, there just wasn't enough of him. He was brilliant 👏 but doesn't mean he is a better actor than Bira. No.. Bira is on another level. 

Now during the time Vicky was there, Shahrukh purposefully held back and you will notice he wasn't in his top notch acting mode. It seems like the actor gave the chance to Vicky to shine. But as soon  as Vicky was gone.. boom 'the' SRK kicked in and was brilliant. The church scene of the wedding  was awesome! He looked great and it was a lovely and funny scene. 

I understood his stance, he was an army man, he couldn't betray his profession standards, wish Manu understood that. I knew she will die before he turns around with the ring. 

The movie covered alot of things that needed to be shown. Though I thought they will spend more time showing the actual Dunki journey. 

Awwww....that is such a cute pic and that scene was just heartbreaking...smiley28smiley19

@bold.....Absolutely.....Vicky is an amazing actor....smiley27..but Bira at this point is wayyyy ahead of everyone from his generation.....smiley10

and SRK letting Vicky shine....that is just an SRK thing......that is what he does....he steps back and lets other's shine.....did you see how prominent Taapsee's role was....and that her name came before SRK's ....well that is my Shahrukhwa smiley27smiley42...no wonder all his costars love him...

Thanks for this superb review......I felt the same but didn't right a review when I watched it the first time...because no one would have taken it seriously.......you know....we are blind fans and shit.smiley36...but when someone neutral like you gives a review....it matters.....so Thankyou Cariiiii smiley27smiley31 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Happy about what you wrote, Carisma (and the pic where again his forte as an actor is shown...the expression of his eyes). smiley27

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
carisma2 thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Awwww....that is such a cute pic and that scene was just heartbreaking...smiley28smiley19

@bold.....Absolutely.....Vicky is an amazing actor....smiley27..but Bira at this point is wayyyy ahead of everyone from his generation.....smiley10

and SRK letting Vicky shine....that is just an SRK thing......that is what he does....he steps back and lets other's shine.....did you see how prominent Taapsee's role was....and that her name came before SRK's ....well that is my Shahrukhwa smiley27smiley42...no wonder all his costars love him...

Thanks for this superb review......I felt the same but didn't right a review when I watched it the first time...because no one would have taken it seriously.......you know....we are blind fans and shit.smiley36...but when someone neutral like you gives a review....it matters.....so Thankyou Cariiiii smiley27smiley31 

Thank you hun. This is so sweet. 

Yeh I didn't even know SRK does that, yet if you observe, you see it how supportive he is. I know SRK wud have smashed it whilst Vicky was there.. but he really took a back seat but even then he was still good. After Vickys death, you couldn't take your eyes of him, he was exceptional. 

Totally agree, Bira is just on a high level compared to all.from his gen. Plus in Animal 2, as Aziz.. he is gonna give a mega performance. It chills me to think about the level his acting is gonna be at. He's amazing. 

Yah I see these cute animations in Fb and try to relevantly share them here wherever possible. I really found this one cute. 

It was definately a brilliant movie, and one you can watch with family.  Loved it! ❤️

carisma2 thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: Clochette

Happy about what you wrote, Carisma (and the pic where again his forte as an actor is shown...the expression of his eyes). smiley27

Thanks hun. His performance was brilliant, esp after Vickys death, you couldn't take your eyes of SRK. 

Loved it. 😍 

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: carisma2

FB_IMG_1708225416197.jpg

My review on Dunki. 

Lovely review Cari,u r spot on in ur review, and the pic u used of srk from the movie uff that scene was so lovely yet sad, the emotions portrayed by SRK in that scene uff. 

Yes Vicky’s cameo was very impactful, i cried when he had died in the movie. 
Tapsee was correct in her stance for staying too coz she always wanted to go to London esp coz of the family n house etc so ya. And SRK did right too by not staying in london. 
superb performance by everyone. 

carisma2 thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Lovely review Cari,u r spot on in ur review, and the pic u used of srk from the movie uff that scene was so lovely yet sad, the emotions portrayed by SRK in that scene uff. 

Yes Vicky’s cameo was very impactful, i cried when he had died in the movie. 
Tapsee was correct in her stance for staying too coz she always wanted to go to London esp coz of the family n house etc so ya. And SRK did right too by not staying in london. 
superb performance by everyone. 

I think if Tapsee stayed, her and Hardy could have done something together and succeeded.  It was a shock to see her doing the statue once he left. 

Movie had good bits of comedy too and tried to keep it light hearted where it could. 

Yes everyone did really well.