Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Chapter 42 - Part2 

“There….”  Jalal pointed to the iron wall mount on his left.“You’ll find the drill and the bolts set on the second rack there. But why do you need them?” He asked, watching Jodha sprint that way.

“I got something for you that’d go on the wall,” she picked the equipment, not before stealthily planting her phone on the shelf.  “… your bedroom’s Eastside wall, between the two French windows - to be precise. That is, if you’re okay with it.” She walked back to his dubious glances and paused, patronizing him with a hand on her hip. “Don’t tell me you thought I passed Architecture without even drilling a nail!”

“Did they teach you that?” Jalal’s lip curled in serious deliberation. “I thought they only taught how to tuck pencils in hair.”

“Ha! Funny!” Jodha mock punched him with the box and flumped onto the stool beside him. “You still didn’t tell me why you insisted on fixing them… right now?!” With chin perched on knees, she feasted on Mr. Mechanic’s magnificent display of welding skills. Not looking up from his shielding glasses and yet very aware of her indulgence in his hands, Jalal delayed responding.

“To tempt you with my prowess?! I heard that women find men dealing with real tools irresistible.”

“Such startling knowledge about women!" Jodha poked his rib. “Wonder where it came from!” She demanded and then thought the better of it.

Somethings are better left unsaid.

Actually… forget that I asked. I don’t want to know.” She closed her ears bringing an amused smile on him.  “I wouldn’t put it beyond your game of seduction, but the urgency with which you’re fixing this anklet tells me there is something else. I told you I’ll get them repaired by a jeweler sometime this week. I also assured you that I don’t mind dancing without them. So… what’s the catch here mister?”

~~

Thirty-five minutes ago, after Jalal had changed out of his wet clothes but refrained Jodha from doing so with a simple - ‘So soon?’ - which apparently stated his wish to behold her ‘Sari’ clad form for longer, the duo ended up at the entertainment lounge – Jalal to view her arrangements and Jodha to clean it up – lest the candles and flowers should stir juicy fantasies in the house-help's minds.

The flickering light of dying candles added such dreary aura to the room, that the floral arrangement encompassing the candles appeared drab and the roses in the vases looked lonely. What a wasted effort! Immense regret hit Jalal. They stood by the table staring first at the melting candles and then at each other.

“Damn it! I shouldn’t have delayed. Sorry you had to…” The remorseful man began, but Jodha checked him with a finger on his lips. “Wait!” She picked the remote from under the ottoman bench and then lifted on her toes blocking the gloomy view.

“Musings of the day!” She garlanded her arms around his neck and lilted. “Brightness is all but a switch away… brightness is all but a switch away. All you must do is…”Dazzling white light filled the lounge as she finished. “…to find the right switch. Vah va… vah va!

Jalal smiled, glancing at the décor in new light. And right she was! Be it the ceiling lights or the vigor of his girl - whichever it was - the flowers now appeared vivacious and no longer drab. His heart swelled with gratitude and adoration for the unfussy girl. If he were a poet, he would’ve spouted the same in poetry, but he being he, Jalal simply drew her by the waist and quipped - “Wherever would you pick such juvenile lines from? 5th grade English textbook?”

“Brutus!” Jodha puffed at her wayward lock. “Belittling my Shakespearean level philosophy?! No more epic musings for you.” She shoved the remote at his chest and backed up, picking the tray.

“Please… don’t stop on my account.” Jalal joked. “What’d the world do without your musings. And why are you cleaning up already? Wasn’t cake and candles the plan?” He couldn’t resist teasing. “Whatever happened to the cake? Disaster?”

Jodha jerked up, slitting eyes at his effrontery. “You’re right, ‘cake n candles’ was the plan, if only you hadn't arrived at God forbidden hours. And no, my cake is not a disaster. I merely postponed that event to morning. Also, for the record, the plan was ‘Cake n candles’ and ‘Dance n DJ’. I know why you’d conveniently forget the latter part mister, but luckily for you… I didn’t. It’s still very much on the cards.”

Dance to my tunes!! He recalled her mentioning before he drove off. So, she was serious!

Jalal frowned, joining her in clean up. “Cutting cake is not okay… but dancing is allowed at God forbidden hours?! What kind of logic is that?”

“Jodha’s logic.” She scooped up the flower petals.  “Cake can be cut anywhere, anytime, but your dance…that too to my tunes,” she whirled a finger. “Nah! I call all dibs on your performance. I wouldn’t share it with anyone, hence this God forbidden hour of exclusive privacy. But if you insist that only an arangetram level audience will inspire you to perform,” she gave an excessively saccharine smile. “We might as well wait till tomorrow, for your parents and friends to join. Your call! After all, it’s your birthday!"

“Cute, but I don’t dance!”

“And I don’t relent!”

“Hey… I’m not being coy! I just don’t… can’t dance!” Jalal refused but Jodha swatted at his denial like a fly.  “Which is why I’m here! To dance together!” She cast him a doubtful glance. “What did you think? That I’d lounge by the couch like an Arab sheik munching on grapes and will ask you to dance for me?” She chuckled at the conjured image.

Oh... how I wish! It would be perfect for her ploy too! If only!

“That idea is very enticing, but I’m not that heartless. We will dance together. I’ll lead and you’ll follow. As simple as that!”

Follow you?! Jalal eyed her warily. “Why do I get this vibe that I’m being conned?” He rubbed his chin. “What are you scheming, Sweetie? Make me do snake dance or pole dance and record it?” He clucked from behind. “If I were to dance, I’ve to approve of the songs first!”

Approve?! Jodha bit on her lip, thinking back to her playlist. Would he really approve of the cheesy sleazy medley she prepared, with all the lewd  portions meticulously cut and mixed? She doubted immensely, casting a discreet glance at the camcorder slipped into the juncture of the couch seats. And what fun in recording him if he were to dance to saintly songs?!

“Approve? You don’t trust me?” She shot a hand to her heart. “Me? Your paragon of innocence?”

“In this case, not a bit!” Jalal affirmed, scoffing at her ‘paragon of innocence’ claim.

“Brutus ka baap!” She hissed and thought for a while.  “Since you don’t trust my choice and I won’t approve your boring selection, let’s do this.  Let’s leave it to fate. Whatever plays on the Hindi FM, those will be the songs we dance to. Just three or four. That’s all.”

FM? Jalal looked mistrustful. What kind of songs played in the FM past midnight?

“The amount of thinking you’re doing mister,” Jodha rolled eyes at his skepticism. “One would think I asked for your Jaguar, not a dance.”

“Jaguar is easy to entrust you with, but dance”, he bobbed in disagreement. “Nah!”

“Ok! Suit yourself!” Darting him a pouting look, Jodha picked the tray of candles and flowers to make a melancholy exit.   

“But then,” Jalal agreed tentative. “I owe it to you for ruining your plans. So, let’s do it, but on my terms.”

“Terms?!” She turned, her hands folding around the tray. “Really?”  

“Yes, doesn’t hurt to be careful around you.” He slipped a hand into his pocket and mounted before her. “One: No recording allowed.”

“Okay!” She agreed, guaranteed that he had noticed the camcorder. If not, why else would he insist against it?

“Two: No laughing allowed.”

“Okay!”

“Three: You will dance with me, no matter what!”

“Of course…” she frowned, wondering why he had to call it out. “I said I’d, why do… oh wait…”she stepped back, making her point. “In case you’re thinking to sabotage the dance by getting naughty boss, forget it. I said I’ll lead you and I can do it with zero touching.”

“Zero touching?” His brow shot up in challenge. “You think you can resist this six-foot of awesomeness grooving to your tunes?”

“Five eleven and,” Jodha measured him with eyes. “…and may be a quarter inch more. And yes, I can resist you. Resistance thy name is Jodha.”

“Fine. If you’re so confident!” Jalal moved ahead, prepping for his next task. “But before that, I’ve something to do. You’ve your broken anklets with you, right? Bring them.”

And that’s how they ended up at the garage… at 2’o clock in the morning disturbing the sleeping Jaguar with their absurdity. 

~~

Joining the broken pieces together, Jalal meticulously welded the anklet, dipped into cold water, brushed it, and observed his work.

Not as fine as a goldsmith but will do!

He handed it over to the watching girl and awaited her feedback.

“Mm… not bad!”Jodha exclaimed at the neat outcome. “I didn’t know Automobile Engineering taught welding too!”

“What did you think it taught?” Jalal returned her patronization.

“Driving Autos!”

Despite the Ha! Funny! stare he gave her, the tickled boss’s mouth crinkled at the corners. By the time he rejoined her after tidying up his hands, Jodha was ready with anklets on her feet.

“Thank you, Sir!” Tucking the pallu into her waist, she sank into a deep curtsy. “May I have the honor of a dance with you?”

“Here?” Jalal looked surprised. “In the garage?”

“Yes! Since you’ve no trust in me…” She waited, allowing him to refute and say – ‘No, that’s not accurate, I trust you’, but Jalal did no such thing. Argh!

“So here it is… impromptu stage, impromptu song and,” she bowed presenting the Jaguar to its owner. “Impromptu but favorite audience. After all, aren’t Jalal and Jaguar inseparable?” She sweetly caressed Jaguar’s bonnet as if it were a mane. “Let the curtains raise and the performance begin.” She announced grandly, seized his phone, and opened the FM app – not giving Jalal a chance for second thoughts. “Your birthday dance, that too our first one together and how could it be routine!” She winked.  “So here comes the twist. Whichever song plays first, it’ll be our secret code. Like if we are among others and must convey to each other something discreetly, we’ll hum it or mime it or signal it as a code. Deal?!”

“Hmm.” Jalal sighed, unsure of the sanity of her deal. “Just remember my conditions. No laughing, no recording, and no…!”

“Yes, yes. I get it all.” She waved off and navigated to the Hindi channel.

Let it be ‘oolala oolala... tu hai meri fantasy’ or ‘mere photo ko seene pe yaar’ or something in those lines … please… please!’

She appealed to divine forces before clicking on play. Leaving the phone on Jaguar, she returned to Jalal and poised him tactfully, so that her phone on the shelf captured him in entirety.

“Next one after this, but you can warm up meantime.” She said listening to an ongoing song. “Follow me… 5… 6… 7… 8”. She demonstrated few steps so gracefully and yet so effortlessly, that Jalal found it impossible to avert his eyes. She dancing in a Sari is something, he thought, he could gladly watch till eternity.

“Come now!” Jodha called out, breaking his trance.  

And he dancing with her is something he could gladly avert till eternity too! Jalal grumbled. “I’m waitiiiiiing.” She goaded and the reluctant man flexed his limbs, his movements almost robotic. She showed him thumkas, forward/backward sways, and side twirls, all through which Jalal persevered, his eyes holding a stern warning. He knew how comical he looked, and he also knew how badly she wanted to laugh. True to his thinking, Jodha mostly curbed her chuckles but let out a few here and there because – dash it! Damn funny it was seeing the oh-so-self-assured boss all gawky.

“That’s a great start!” She encouraged but Jalal shook his head knowing it’s nowhere close to good, forget great. Nevertheless, she persuaded and he complied, till he fell in step with her, till his inhibition ebbed.

“Awesome! Now comes our song.” She whooped as the notes of next song began. The instrumentals sounded old, dropping her fervor a notch but the sound of Pungi raised the bar again. Woah! She sniggered stealthily. Looks like it’s going to be a snake dance after all. Poor man!

“Remember, no backing off!” She swayed her hips, awaiting him to follow. The tune changed and Jodha recognized the song much before the lyrics began.

Uff?! She slowed down, a little disappointed. Oft he thousands of songs, it had to be this? A female centric one with less chance to tease him?

“Ku ku ku ku… choli ke peeche kya hai, choli ke peeche?

Chuniri ke neeche kya hai, chuniri ke neeche?”

The lyrics boomed, and Jodha stood thinking, biting back the giggles. Should she really dangle the pallu on her head and sprint around the garage like Madhuri Dixit… while Jalal, with an eye-patch, lusted after her with money in one hand and liquor in the other? She palmed her mouth shut. Oh my… looks like the roles got reversed! Anyway…how does one decently groove to these lyrics?

Her cheerful eyes turned to Jalal expecting him to have similar fun, but his contemplating pose took her by surprise. “What?” She nudged. “What are you thinking so seriously?”

“The wonders of fate.” He said fake solemnly. “Can you believe it? When you gave me a little insight into your ‘choli ke peeche kya hai’ in the evening, it wasn’t enough. I felt it too brief, too meager, and too unfair but look at that!” He flicked his head to the phone. “Its almost like the universe conspired to manifest my desire to behold more. I mean, the idea to dance was yours, the choice of music was yours and yet it played this song, this moment.” His head bobbed in disbelief. “From today, I’ll totally support your faith in fate. Come now… why are you standing like a statue… show me choli ke peeche kya hai. I’ll see and follow your lead.”

Whatttt! Jodha stared agape at the 180-degree transitioned man. Gone was the awkward amateur and there stood the boss, in his original cocksure self – arms crossed and eyes hovering over that part of her anatomy the lyrics were referring to.

You gave insight into…! Of course, he’d bring it up!  The embarrassed girl did a mental head bang, at the ‘peek-a-boo’ accident, all thanks to a lousy lingerie brand who royally failed in their job despite the big bucks they put on the tag. She might have forgiven them earlier, but now she’s going for their blood.

Choli ke peeche dil hai mera – The song continued, and his pleased smirk told her that she won’t live this down. Blood rushed to her face imagining what he must be imagining, given his worldliness with women, and she chose not to bait him further.

“Change of plan!” Jodha declared, traipsing towards Jaguar. “However boring your English playlist is, it’s better than these filthy ones. Who knows! May be English dance is your thing? You might not feel so awkward then.” She justified as if she were doing it for him and went for the phone, but Jalal was quicker.

“I’m already feeling less awkward though.” Holding the phone out of her reach, he feigned innocence. “In fact, dancing to these kinds of songs is my exact thing. And didn’t you say whatever plays first will be ‘our secret code’?” He mimed her signature air quotes. “Well… here it is. Fate chose ‘choli ke peeche kya hai’ as ‘our secret’ code. Don’t log heads with fate Sweetie.”

“My game, my rules!” The irritated girl reached for the phone, but Jalal held it away. “I’m nullifying the secret code deal. Anyway, this ghost of a song is the polar opposite of secrecy.” She grabbed his arm with both hands to pull it down. “Let’s change the channel and simply dance.”

“Nah! If we were to dance, it will be only to this.” Jalal laughed, shifting the phone to his other hand. “Stubborn Hulk.” Jodha muttered, stepping on to his toes, and glided up his body, limbs brushing against limbs.

“What did you say? Hum it amidst others when we want to share a secret message?!” He guffawed brazen. “Oh my! What a discreet code will it make! Imagine me humming it in a team meeting when I want …  I mean ‘want want’ you…” another air quotes… “and... and...”  words staggered as he laughed uncontrollably.  “.. and no one would know why the MD is humming ku ku ku ku in middle of a... a… fuxking meeting.”

“Stop it!” She tickled under his armpits and when it obviously failed, Jodha used the only leftover weapon in her kitty - her infamous pinching. “Stop it right now or else…” squeezing his muscle hard, she direly threatened.

“Or… or else?” Not even wincing as if he was habituated to her pinches, Jalal fell back onto Jaguar laughing. “Fine keep laughing like a madman. I’m leaving.” She turned away with force, but Jalal quickly pocketed the phone and turned her back to him with double the force. “Where are you going?” He demanded, still laughing. “You just got to the real part and are leaving already. Not fair.” He arrested her arms at her back, protecting himself from the impending assault.  

Real part?! Jodha wondered at the strange gleam in his eyes. A sinking feeling crept in, and somehow, she knew what he was referring to even before her eyes checked down.

Stupid! Duffer! Brainless idiot!

Her mind browsed for more intense swear words, for all the mindless jumps that she did, forgetting that she’s in a sari. Naturally… the pleats loosened.  Naturally… they slid down exposing the right half of her chest and… naturally she was wearing one of the very few sexiest cut blouses she had ever possessed.

Anyone looking for a course on ‘Doom to perfection’ - she mentally screwed herself and the designer who persuaded her into that deep of a cut by ridiculing her usual conservatory blouses as belonging to the Mesopotamian era. … come to me!

“Huh! Leave me.” She wriggled angrily, but Jalal held her in place with one strong hold, the movement propelling her chest forward and crashing it against his hard plane.

Nerve of this man!

“Unhand me first!” Jodha barked and simultaneously whirled her shoulder, to force the hair to the front and cover her.

“Now I get it why your dance teacher glorified you.” Jalal rasped, ignoring her demand. “You indeed are the finest performer, matching your body language exceptionally to the lyrics and all.” He watched her shoulder whirls with great amusement.  “How exemplary! Go on!”

Oh! Shut up please! What a bad timing to transform into a nonstop chatter from a Mr-miser-with-words!

Jodha check down once, to see if she inflicted more damage with the squirms. She sagged in relief noticing that the encircled pallu stopped the pleats from slipping further, but that also explained why the locks behind didn’t budge as expected – the very same pallu held her hair arrested at the back.

Uh ho!  

How is she supposed to shush him up, stop that blasted song, and free herself? So many tasks in a stride?! While she thought of all the maneuvers in her kitty, the song played the lyrics ‘Lehanga Utha Ke Chaloon, Ghunghat Gira Ke Chaloon’ and Jalal squealed in excitement.

Arre wah…it only gets better. Come on Jo. Stop twitching and thinking. The song isslipping away. Let’s focus on the performance.” He winked roguish. “Lehenga uthao, ghunghat girao, I’ll see and...” His shoulder bounced as the infuriated woman hit him with her forehead. “… and follow your lead accordingly.” He accepted the shoulder blows without dodging and laughed. “Don’t worry. I won’t feel shy or awkward at all, after all its ‘our’ song. I promise that for the next fifty years, I won’t displease you whenever you hum our secret code. Damn the time or place or people! I will right away be at your service…”

In a blink, Jodha silenced him. In the next blink, her wits swore at her folly.

Seriously? This is your smartest move?!

She struggled to retreat but it was too late because once the opportunity had been passed onto him, it meant only one thing – point of no return.  Encapsulating both her wrists in left hand, Jalal freed the right one to cup her nape. After all that limb to limb brushing and squirming that she did, she might have had only a wardrobe malfunction… but his body – it was set afire. He was desperately waiting for an outlet to vent out the heat, but being the gentleman that he is, he couldn’t simply grab and kiss her like a s*x depraved maniac at every whim. But of course, he being the master in his game, also knew how to manipulate the exasperated girl to cater to his whims. He knew she was itching to scream ‘shut up’, but manners held her back. He knew she’d shush him otherwise, if only he riled her to the right degree. And shut him up she did, as expected - and then, he’s only a gentleman, not a fool to let such a fortuity go. He deepened the kiss, his intensity stimulating hers, making Jodha forget the enlisted tasks. The song still played, her arms were still arrested, she was still frustrated with him, yet none of them mattered. She rose on toes seeking more intimacy, the shift causing her exposed chest to chafe against his shirt. Carnal desire exploded, exciting her senses, and pushing her for deeper contact. She pressed her chest into him, and the dancer in her established a rhythm to the grazing by rising and falling on toes. Jalal grunted, his body burning with need. The yearlong abstinence begged for an end - her rhythmic fondling having fanned its flames. Jalal set her wrists free, tugged her bottom to his core, willing all his control before he lost it. He tore his mouth from her and sunk his teeth into her neck, hoping that’d reduce the fever. Jodha sighed sweetly, the pressure at her core and the pain at the neck opening doors of unknown territories to her. She was so lost in passion that she didn’t register Jalal untying her arms even when she so wanted to slither her fingers into his hair and yank his mouth back to hers. Bummer! His hands moved away from her bottom, finding it not helping either. They traveled over the swell of her hips, the waist, the back, but nothing was enough. His palm yearned to hold something more befitting and started trekking up when…

Kwik… kwik…

Jaguar’s unlock sound followed by its side mirror straightening out and poking into Jalal’s ribs spooked the couple to sanity. Jodha whimpered at the disturbance, but quickly discerned the favor Jaguar did with its interference. Thanks Heavens! Grateful and abashed, she dropped her head onto his shoulder, needing to catch on her breath and balance. Jalal murmured few expletives, screwing himself for getting carried away. The temptation the soft mound of pink fabric offered was too strong, but his fingers curled, resisting the urge. Few beats later, he pulled her hair to the front, thus insulating the allurement. He hugged her tight and fell back, resting against the Jaguar. Time ticked while the couple recuperated – one from the aftermath of passion and the other from the same plus indignation. 

Resistance thy name is Jodha! My foot! Her face contorted in mortification. Such tall proclamation and then you go kissing him, groping him, that too in rhythm…shameless chick! Wait till he catcalls your claims! Her forehead squished some more. O... Aliens… where are you? Please come and transport me somewhere. Anywhere will do other than facing him now!

Meri salami kar le… meri gulami kar le... The song echoed, aggravating her mock-a-thon. All because of this stupid song! She straightened in his embrace, wanting to murder his phone, when a significant memory hit her.

OMG!

She frantically looked at the shelf. To her fear, the phone was still there where she had last left, its lens recording everything in its vista.  Of course, it’d sit solidly! No slipping and dying under that God-knows-what toolbox! Where is an apocalypse when she needed one!

Her nervous gaze turned to him and was taken aback by the chicanery in his glinting black orbs.

“You knew?!” Her pupils dilated in shock.

“I had my doubts.” He shrugged. “But now they’re confirmed.”

“What?! How? When?” The disgruntled girl croaked.

“When you used mine to play the song.” He propped a leg against Jaguar and languidly watched her. “I thought I saw your phone on you when we came here. And then when you tactfully positioned me opposite to that shelf.”

So much for tact!

“What areyou? CBI or RAW?” Jodha threw him a vexed stare and wriggled her arms, lately surmising that they’re already free.

What’s going on with her? Did he do some Blackmagic that she lost her mind?!

Jalal smirked posing his palms up and the nettled girl pushed at him. She scurried to the shelf, not forgetting to fix the disheveled pleats.

‘ku ku ku ku ku ku..’

The last bits of chorus added background score to her gait and…

“Blasted song!”

“Blessed song!”

Her curse and his praise burst out simultaneously.

“Trust me darling when I say this…” Jalal’s throaty chuckle hummed from behind. “This is the most hilarious birthday in recent years.”

Why not!  Indignance stiffened her spine. When you weren’t the one caught on camera groping!

“Caught in your own web… weren’t you?” His grins grated her nerves making Jodha want to crawl into oblivion.

What an obnoxious anti-climax! She picked up the phone. Seriously...  this man has some unhuman birthday luck.

“The dance, the recording, the resistance…” Jalal catcalled. “Nothing went as per your plan, isn’t it?”

---

---

“What? No retorts?” He followed her to the shelf. “Was the taste of your own medicine that bitter Sweetie… that you can’t open your mouth?”

“Birthday luck…” Jodha rumbled, thwarting his taunts. “Like beginner’s luck. Don’t give too much weight to it.”

“You suck at losing, don’t you?” Jalal clucked at her stiff profile. “And for the record, it’s not birthday luck. It’s fate and it favors the fair!”  

“You and fair. Joke of the decade.” She rolled eyes, switched off the phone and scooted over to collect the drill box.

“Says the one who planted cameras!” Jalal gave her due back.

“Are those eyes or laser scanners?” Jodha whirled at him, in genuine wonder. “How in the world would you notice a ‘black’ camcorder lens stuffed into a ‘black’ couch?”

Jalal’s brow lifted, but instead of replying her, he leisurely locked the Jaguar and took his phone out, taking his own sweet time to close the FM.

“Is that why you shifted the location to garage?”

The wryness in his question hit Jodha harder than expected. Her face turned madly red, comprehending he had no clue about the camcorder in the lounge. “You didn’t know.” She cried, covering her mouth with a palm.

“Impossible woman!” Jalal shook his head, guffawing. “Planting cameras and calling yourself paragon of innocence!”

Uh ho! Jodha’s heart raced, realizing she could’ve avoided all of this, if only she wasn’t unnecessarily smart.

Had she stuck to her original plan, it’d have taken them time to return to the house and choli ke peeche wouldn’t have been ‘the’ song.

Hadn’t she over wrecked her brain, everything would’ve gone as per her scheme and ultimately, she wouldn’t be the sore loser that she’s now.

“Told you…fate favors the fair!” Jalal winked, enjoying the transitioning shades on her face.

“God knows there is only one fair person in this room and it’s not you.” She gathered the drill box and waltzed towards exit, subduing the consciousness that rubbed at her fake promises.

“You’re worse than an adolescent, you know?” Laughing, Jalal fell in step with her. “They handle defeat with better dignity than you.” He fondly pulled her to his side.

“Then go get yourself an adolescent.” She thwarted him with her hip and cried when he took her phone.  “What are you doing?” She demanded, alarm sirens going off in her head.

“I know what you’d do to the recording. So...” Anticipating her ambush, he pocketed her phone and sprinted towards the stairs that connected the house to the garage.

Jodha nearly broke into a run after him but just in time remembered that she switched her phone off and he doesn’t know its password. “Try as you might...” she walked unrushed. “You won’t get hold of that recording.”

“Oh really.” Trekking backwards, he fished her phone out of his pocket. “You mean I won’t be able to switch it on like this?” He held the power button till the screen cranked up. “… and then unlock it like this?” He punched in few numbers and voila – the home screen flashed. “… and then navigate to photos…”

“What the heck!” Jodha dashed then, hugging the box to her chest with one hand, and bunching up the pleats with other. “How do you know my password?”

“Gautam2305 is your laptop password.” He jogged backwards gaily. “And Gautam is two years older than you. Knowing you, it’s no brainstormer to guess this six-digit PIN aka his birthday.”

“Knowing me?” She stopped on the stairs to absorb the insult. “Did you just call me a nincompoop who uses the same password everywhere?” The merry on his face riled her to no bounds. “Gone… you’re so gone now.” She left the heavy box that slowed her on the stairs and charged at him like a bull.

“That one and…” Jalal ran laughing. “…may be I peeked at your screen when you’re typing.”

“Traitor”

“Cheat”

“Betrayer”

“Fraud”

The chase continued until Jalal took pity on his ‘adult-adolescent’, caught her charging form off guard and threw her over his shoulder. “Such a meanie you are… calling me loser, dimwit, unfair and… and… haa… adolescent.” Fist blows rained on his back as he cheerfully carried her to the second floor.

~~~

Is he uncomfortable? An hour later, Jodha squinted at the fidgeting form on the chaise opposite to her.

An hour ago,when he shouldered her upstairs, Jalal ended at his bedroom instead of hers.“Thank you for that back massage,” he dropped her on his bed and pinned her there.“… and for the front massage earlier…” he added with a riling snicker. “… Ms.Resistance.”

How long will it bite me back!  She seethed, turning her beet red face away from his vision. “Leave me. You’ve no right to tease when I said zero touching and you didn’t honor it.”

“Liar!” He husked scooting his face closer and chuckled when she burrowed further into the pillow. “I don’t remember climbing on you for the phone or leaping at you to shush you up.”

“That’s because you arrested me,” she retorted. “Like you’re doing now. Leave me and I’ll show you what zero touching means for the rest of my stay.”

Jalal observed her proud stance with adoration. Oh! How he enjoys ruffling her feathers.

“Alright darling resistance… your game, your rules!” He softly kissed her temple and pulled the blanket over her.

“What are you doing?” Jodha sat up in alarm, pushing the blanket down.

“You’re sleeping here.” He pinned her down again.

“What? Why? Andyou?” She asked suspicious.

“Here only.” He winked, jumping over to the other side but before she could castrate him, he picked a pillow and a remote and sprinted to the chaise.

“Give me one good reason to sleep here.” Jodha pried, watching him settle on the chaise. Jalal didn’t respond and busied himself with dimming the lights and transferring the recording from her phone to his.

“What will you do with that recording?” She intrigued, slightly leaning back onto the headboard.

“Ditto... as you schemed, but instead of yours, this will be my very own trump card.” His amused rumble danced in the darkness. Silence blanketed the room as Jodha congratulated herself over the uncanny partner destiny picked for her.

“I’m still waiting for the reason.” She prodded, sinking into the blanket.

“Hmm?”

“Reason why I should sleep here?!”

“Because… the first thing I want to see in the morning is…”

Her lips spread into an appreciative smile… and…

“is…. choli ke peeche kya hai.”

…and died.

“Darn you.”

She aimed the pillow perfectly even in the dim light, but it landed on the floor as the grinning man turned his back on her.

~~~

He must be cold! Jodha got up, taking her blanket along. Jalal had slipped into deep slumber long ago, but as usual, thoughts had kept her awake – thoughts of how significant his existence had become to her in a span of few weeks, of how close she had come to the fear of losing him, of the upcoming meeting with his parents, of the death anniversary of her parents, of how she’d miss him in the ceremony… and numerous other deliberations that hunt her in the dark.

Stubborn man! She covered him with blanket. If you sleep like this, you won’t sing choli ke peeche in the morning… she doted, adjusting his pillow. You’ll sing ‘my neck… my back’. She sniggered and slammed her head for still remembering that vulgarest song. When her friend Anu got married and was pestered to share her ‘first night’ experience as per the custom with any married girl in Gand(h)i batch, Anu imparted her knowledge using that song.

You’ll fly down for Shravz wedding, right. I’m so going to throttle you for corrupting my innocent soul with such songs.

The thought of Sravanti’s upcoming wedding in November in Goa brought forth the notion of her very own marriage.

‘Marry me. I’ll answer you for next fifty years.’

She plopped down by the chaise, crisscrossing her legs. Propping her cheeks against palms, Jodha talked to the sleeping man. So… you’ll marry me?! With a finger, she gently swept the hair from his brows. Of all the women vying for your attention, of all the qualifying women on earth, it had to be me?! She blew soft puffs of air to allay the knot on his forehead. Hmm… what did I do to deserve you?

She sat mutely, reminiscing their interactions from day one. Their first meeting, their first team dinner, their first altercation, their first excursion, their Delhi trip…

Her pondering mind perceived his forehead contort again and the incessant flexing of his toes. She waited to see if it was a casual movement, but his feet stretched again illustrating his discomfort.

Exhausted anchoring two bodies? She picked the pillow from the ground and carefully perched it under his feet. I totally understand your plight. Be right back at ya! She informed his feet and tiptoed out of the room.  In ten minutes, she changed out of the unaccustomed Sari and returned with a bowl of warm oil and hand towels. Settling at his feet, she spread a towel over the pillow and gently slid his pants up. Smothering the lukewarm oil over one foot, she waited for Jalal’s reflexes to subdue. As expected, the sleeping man retracted his feet but soon quietened.

What an ordeal I subject you to. Gently massaging, she engaged the foot in conversation. Stepping on you at every stolen opportunity!  Her expert thumbs twirled in circles, exerting the right amount of pressure, like how her father had taught.

Not that I want to hurt you, but you see…

Taking a generous amount of oil, she scrubbed his sole. When I lost my family, I lost my footing too. I was so petrified about my stand in this world that I didn’t know where or to whom I belonged to anymore. I was so lost and then…

She paused, gaping at how quick his sole soaked up all that oil. Whoa! How much heat you have!

Scooping up another good measure of oil, she switched to the other sole. And then, you happened! You walked into my life out of nowhere and I just jumped at the fortuity. Can you really blame me?!

She studied the soles like they’d elucidate an answer. Appeased with her work on the feet, Jodha proceeded to his calves. Rubbing oil between palms, she started on the kinks under his calf muscle.  Where was I? Yeah...jumping at the fortuity. She resumed the monologue. You might find me a clingy, pathetic skulker who couldn’t exist on her own, which of course is true… She was too engrossed in the talk to notice the lone tear sliding down her cheek.

but please don’t disown me. I’ve nowhere to go!

She rose on her knees, needing the right angle to apply pressure on the cramps.   Well… technically badepapa and peddamma are there… but it’s not the same feeling. I’m always wary of the burden I must be to their solitary life. As if there isn’t enough sorrow for them to deal with, I’m an additional tension to them. Now when they’re so close to retirement, they’ve this onus of finding the right husband for me, settle me off well, make sure I am happy...”  

Her fingers withdrew as Jalal suddenly stirred in sleep murmuring incoherently.  “Shhh…” Baffled that she woke him up, Jodha cooed. “It’s okay … it’s okay. Sleep… sleep… sleep.” She chanted and waited. Once he slipped into sleep, she resumed massaging and continued doing so - till soft snores left his lips, till fatigue slowed her down.

So that’s the thing.

Wiping hands to the towel, she sat back relaxed and cracked her taut knuckles. You’re not just his’, you’re my anchors too!

Her puckered lips descended to his toes. And I promise to take the best care of you!

She gave them one long kiss, readjusted the pillow and the blanket, and left the man to his peaceful slumber.

~~~

TBD in next post...

Edited by hemakeerti - 5 months ago
hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Reserved

manu_ak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You are the best dii 🤗🤗🤗 best diwali gift thankyou so much. Happy Diwali 

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

I can't believe you updated...Oh my god! ❤️ I'm still trying to calm my nerves and restraining myself from not jumping around in the house. 😭 Though, I did scream in excitement in front of my mother ...rest is history😂😁 

A teaser with only 316 words or so .... But has my whole heart ❤️ Because these are not mere words... This teaser means everything to me I tell you ... So much crazy I am and I have become for PBD. 😌 

Coming to the masterpiece , it's truly a masterpiece ... Teaser hi itnaa achaa laga hai toh chapter kitnaaa achaa lagega. smiley42 so he's fixing her anklets. ❤️

Can't wait to see Jo wearing that Saree for Ayudha Pooja 😍

Waiting for more ... Love you soooo damn much Di ...thank you soo soo much for updating ...my mind and heart both in peace now smiley37

Like Manu Di said, best Diwali gift 🌸😇❤️😌

Happy Diwali to you🥳 May God bless you and provide u with more and more ideas for writing about our JA smiley36 hehe just joking ... 

Love, 

❤️

nushhkiee thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
swetiii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Omg omg omg smiley27

Cartoon version of eyes popping out in excitement 

Wowwwwwww

Jaanuuuu di is back 

swetiii thumbnail

I love you Jannu diii smiley27

A biiiiiiiggggggggg hug and thanks for being back 

Missed you soooooooooooo much 

Came to the forum to drop my countdown lol 

And got greeted by a new page with teaser smiley27

manu_ak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swetiii

I love you Jannu diii smiley27

A biiiiiiiggggggggg hug and thanks for being back 

Missed you soooooooooooo much 

Came to the forum to drop my countdown lol 

And got greeted by a new page with teaser smiley27

I came to forum to see your count down actually 😅 and to demand for update.. and after seeing that link to new thread i was like yeh sach hai ki sapna ..  i've refreshed the page twice and then clicked on the link 😂

swetiii thumbnail

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Such a sweet teasing teaser 

Our Sexy hunk is getting all irresistible... 

Ufffff I can imagine his hands working swiftly through all the tools smiley9

How lucky are those tools smiley36

Can't wait for the full chapter jannu diiiiiii smiley27

Waiting more desperately now smiley37