Theme of the Week: Sign up ||Guidelines P.1, DT Note P. 34||

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Hello Fellow Music Fans 🤗

Welcome to

Theme Of The Week.

Where you come up with a theme and people will post songs related to that theme. 

• Each week will be hosted by a different member and you'll need to sign-up. Reply on the thread stating which week you'd like to host. (State the date for the Sunday on which you'd like to host). 
  • Each theme will have a new thread that the host will begin. The Theme of the week thread will be pinned for that week and unpinned at 9 am the next Sunday before the next TOTW is posted. 
  • Themes can be anything: a concept, a word, a situation, a mood, a particular instrument in the video, a season, an idea being expressed, a message being conveyed .. anything at all. Just don’t make it a language or genre based theme because we already have threads for those categories (Pop/Rock/Regional/non-film etc). 
  • Songs posted can be of any language - no bar. In the case of regional languages/ foreign languages, it will be nice if you add an explanation of how it relates to the theme so everyone understands. 
  • Each new Theme begins on Sunday 9 AM IST. We can be flexible on time if this doesn’t suit someone because of other commitments or different time zones. PM us or tag us to let us know if you will be late posting your theme. Alternatively, you can post your theme early and tag us so we will lock your thread and unlock it at the said time.
  • You can still continue posting on a previous week's theme thread, but please make sure you're posting actively in the new thread for that week as a priority so we have activity and every host gets assured participation.
  • You can have multiple turns at hosting but to give a fair chance to everyone, we will determine how to assign hosting duties based on how many threads you've already hosted and the number of people queuing up to host. Please note: The same person cannot host consecutive weeks. If no one hosts/ no one has signed up, the moderators will try to post a theme that week.
  •  You don't have to declare your theme, you can decide later or even keep it a surprise. Just make sure you keep it distinct from what's already been done. We do ask that you PM either LizzieBennet or Viswasruti telling us your theme so that we can verify there are no overlaps. We don't want to keep repeating themes when there are so many possibilities for themes.  

GUIDELINES

For Thread makers/ hosts 

• Open your thread at 9 am IST on the Sunday you have signed up for. Title the thread with the TOTW number (You can see this in the sign up list in the next post) followed by your theme.
  • In Post 1 clearly explain your theme and what type of songs will be allowed and tag us (Viswasruti and LizzieBennet) so that we can pin it for you.
  • State in the post that all languages, genres and eras are acceptable. 
  • Make a request not to repeat songs.
  • Reserve Post 2 for maintaining a list of songs. You may add links to the songs but please make sure you spell the song name correctly so that it’s easy for people to check the list before they post. This list is maintained so that songs do not get repeated so make sure you’re updating it regularly. 
  • Then post up to 5/6 songs of your choice that fit the theme and tag users to participate. 
  • Monitor the thread to ensure people are staying on track with the theme.  
  • Although we would like songs to not be repeated, if it does happen you can let it slide. Please do not ask members to remove songs they’ve posted (unless they do not fit the theme). We do not want to discourage participation. 
  • Discussion on the songs posted, the artists and their work is allowed but avoid chatting on the thread. If you come across chatting, please report it and we will move them to the relevant chat thread. 

Guidelines for participating members (including the host)

• Please ensure you post only songs that fit the theme. Songs can fit more than one theme and that is ok. You are allowed to post the same song in other theme threads as well.
  • Please do not repeat songs in the same thread. Check the TM’s list in the first page to know what songs have already been posted. 
  • If the songs / lyrics contain any triggers you can post a Trigger warning in the beginning of your post. If they have Mature content, you can mark the post Mature.
  • Please try and give credit to the artists in question and try not to simply paste You Tube links. You can credit the singers/ Music Director/ Lyricist.
  • You can post up to 3 songs per post. Please do not post more than 3 songs (links) in each post as these don’t show up as embedded links on IF. 
  • Please do not spam the thread. We understand you may be excited about the theme and know plenty of songs that fit but we want to ensure everyone has a fair chance to post. You can make 4-5 posts in succession but please wait for someone else to post before posting again. 
  • You are welcome/ encouraged to talk about the songs/ artists/ and tell us what you like about them and share trivia or interesting anecdotes on them. 
  • Some YT links are governed by copyright and so instead of an embedded link with a play button that allows you to play/listen on the IF post itself, a blank logo shows up which on clicking takes you to YT and the song that’s posted. This is perfectly admissible. So are links that do not embed the video and just show up as hyperlinked text. 
  • Try and post YT links of the original videos as far as possible. If the original videos are not available on YT or any other site such as Daily Motion, you may post live concert videos or fan made videos/edits or Lyrical videos or audio links from legitimate sources. If you're posting a remix/ cover version, mention that and credit the original artist/ songwriter.
  • In case of other languages, please mention what language the song is in (other than English and Hindi). Though translating the entire song is not mandatory, it would be nice if you posted a 1/2 line explanation on how the song fits the theme. 
  • If you are sharing other links (for eg: news articles or other articles on the song/ artist) you can paste the link directly. Do not, however, copy-paste the entire content of the article as this will be considered copyright infringement. You can paste a few lines from the article, but give due credit to the source of the article by pasting the original link. Posting information sourced from the internet/ elsewhere but written in your own words is allowed. 
  • At all times, you must follow IF CoC and the forum’s Rules while making posts. 

The sign-up sheet is in the next post. Please reply on the thread and tag the moderators if you wish to host on a particular week. Feel free to contact the moderators in case of any queries.

Edited by LizzieBennet - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Sign -up 

TOTW # 1 (May 14): Satrangi_Curls (Mother's day/ Family)

TOTW # 2 (May 21): Savera84 (Patriotic/ Revolutionary/ Social movement/ protest)

TOTW # 3 (May 28): la_Reine (Pain/ Heartbreak/ Sorrow)

TOTW # 4 (June 4): DreamOfEndless  (Friendship)

TOTW # 5 (June 11): Viswasruti (Rain/ monsoon)

TOTW # 6 (June 18): Aquabutterfly (Road Trip)

TOTW # 7 (June 25): NerdyMukta (Lullabies)

TOTW # 8 (July 2) : goofyCat (Folk)

TOTW # 9 (July 9) : BrhannadaArmour (Infidelity)      

TOTW # 10 (July 16): DiscoDhokla (Sufi )   

TOTW # 11 (July 23) : Viswasruti (Historical/ Mythology) 

TOTW # 12 (July 30): Chir-cute (inspiration/ motivation/ success)

TOTW # 13 (Aug 6): Satrangi-curls (dancing in the moonlight/rain)

TOTW # 14 (Aug 13):  goofyCat (Comedy)

TOTW # 15 (Aug 20): Savera84 (Places - countries/cities/ town names)

TOTW # 16 (Aug 27): LizzieBennet (conversation/ debate/ banter/ persuasion)

TOTW # 17 (Sept 3): DiscoDhokla (Party / dance)

TOTW # 18 (Sept 10):  dhun.laagi (Suicide Prevention Day/ Hope through Action)

TOTW # 19 (Sept 17):  carisma2(Suspense - Thriller)

TOTW # 20 (Oct 1): la_Reine (Nostalgia/ Memories)

TOTW # 21 (Oct 8): Viswasruti (Night)

TOTW # 22 (Oct 15): Satrangi_curls (Navratri Special)

TOTW # 23 (Oct 22): Kaori69 (Intezaar/Waiting)

TOTW # 24 (Oct 29): LizzieBennet (People Names: First/Last/Nicknames)

TOTW # 25: (Nov 5): Viswasruti (Classical raaga based film songs)

TOTW # 26 (Nov 12): dhun.laagi (Children’s Day special)

TOTW # 27 (Nov 19): Kaori69 (Life/Zindagi/Jeevan)

TOTW # 28 (Nov 26): BrhannadaArmour (Body parts) Theme credit: NerdyMukta

TOTW # 29 (Dec 3): LizzieBennet (Fauna)

TOTW # 30 (Dec 10): Viswasruti (Morning/ Dawn)

TOTW # 31 (Dec 17): Nishnesh (Praise/Appreciation/Tareef)

TOTW # 32 (Dec 24): Savera84 (Sports/ Games)

TOTW # 33 (Dec 31): BrhannadaArmour (Pastes, powders & pigments) 

TOTW # 34 (Jan 7): Satrangi_curls (Something New)

TOTW # 35 (Jan 14): MochaQueen (Numbers)

TOTW # 36 (Jan 21): Nishnesh (Dua/Prayer/ Blessing)

TOTW # 37 (Jan 28): LizzieBennet (Dreams/ Imagination)

TOTW # 38 (Feb 4): Viswasruti (Wind/breeze/ hawa)

TOTW # 39 (Feb 11): dhun.laagi (Valentine's week) 

TOTW # 40 (Feb 18): SpideyWeb (Celestial bodies)

TOTW # 41 (Feb 25): Nishnesh (Nasha/ Intoxication)

TOTW # 42 (Mar 3):   Mocha queen (Colours)

TOTW # 43 (Mar 10): Minakrish (Reading & Writing)

TOTW # 44 (Mar 17): Dreamofendless (Strangers/Ajnabee/Unknown people)

TOTW # 45 (Mar 24) : Nishnesh (All about the Eyes & Sight)  

TOTW # 46 (Mar 31):  Aquabutterfly (Jealousy)

TOTW # 47 (Apr 7) : LizzieBennet (Flora/ Plants)

TOTW # 48 (Apr 14): Viswasruti (Heart/ Dil/ Hriday)

TOTW # 49 (Apr 21): dhun.laagi (It's all about the Money)

TOTW # 50 (Apr 28): LizzieBennet (Clothes & Jewelry)

TOTW #??: Chir-cute (Weddings?) 

TOTW#?: May 5? carisma2 (Fight/ conflict) 

Edited by LizzieBennet - a day ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Hi Riya,

I would like to sign up and my theme would be revolutionary songs.  I will post it on 21/05/2023 at 9AM IST.

May 14th is Mother's day.  If someone can roll this idea with songs based on mothers, it would be nice.

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 11 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Hi Riya,

I would like to sign up and my theme would be revolutionary songs.  I will post it on 21/05/2023 at 9AM IST.

May 14th is Mother's day.  If someone can roll this idea with songs based on mothers, it would be nice.

Cheers..

Do you mean patriotic songs, Raji? I've signed you up for May 21.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Although I had a different theme in mind.. I guess I'll start off with mother's day and take up the other one next month. ❤️ 

Mother's day special permission mumma 😆

Sunday 14/05

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Although I had a different theme in mind.. I guess I'll start off with mother's day and take up the other one next month. ❤️ 

Mother's day special permission mumma 😆

Sunday 14/05

I've just added in the rules post that you don't need to declare your theme. You can sign up first and decide on the theme later. 

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Theme aur date …. 

mereko to 100% theme chahiye — dance (baby dance) 

but date … hmmm…. Procrastination is my middle name. Hopefully others fill the slots up quickly. Then I shall be late 2023 man 🎉🎉🎉

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Theme aur date …. 

mereko to 100% theme chahiye — dance (baby dance) 

but date … hmmm…. Procrastination is my middle name. Hopefully others fill the slots up quickly. Then I shall be late 2023 man 🎉🎉🎉

Date bolo nahi toh imma assign you one! 😡

Baaki koi aate nazar aa raha hai? Take up the slots jaldi 😆

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Do you mean patriotic songs, Raji? I've signed you up for May 21.

Hi Riya, may be you can say patriotic/revolutionary songs.  One is showing love for the country and the other is questioning the rule.  Am I making sense?

Cheers..

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Hi Riya, may be you can say patriotic/revolutionary songs.  One is showing love for the country and the other is questioning the rule.  Am I making sense?

Cheers..

So basically anything to do with love of a country/ defense of a country or songs in praise of a country? Is it okay to keep it that broad? Because the broader, the better. We'll have more songs. And since it's not just Hindi songs, it will make the scope wider to post songs in other languages as well.