Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

KRK

@kamaalrkhan

Film #Selfiee business in 3 multiplex chains at 4.00pm.PVR 28 lacsInox 21 lacsCinepolis 12 lacsTotal 61 lacs. Means film has done ₹1.00Cr net business all over India till now. Means it’s a Maha Maha disaster!

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It's time for Akshay Kumar to pack up his bags and go wherever he wants to go.

His movies don't seem to be doing good business or else he should cut down his remuneration to match the money his films are making.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

https://twitter.com/HimeshMankad/status/1629199369038860288

He's Nicholas Cage'd himself.  Too many low quality films released in a short period and now even a solid one is DOA.  At least Cage had the excuse of owing a ton of money to the IRS after his manager didn't pay Cages taxes and lost his money.   This run of films is all down to his Akshay's greed.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Akshay has lost a lot of good-will audience since a certain time, I suppose...

His next movie to release should be OMG 2, then again a remake (Tamil biopic about the founder of the Indian low-cost  airline Simplifly) although the Hindi dubbed version had already been shown on Amazon Prime.

The third one (he is currently filming) is the one about the real-life hero of the coal mining incident in 1989...Akshay had acquired the filming rights in 2017.

The fourth announced for this year (where he has the lead) is the action comedy BMCM...I wonder how much it will resemble the one made in 1998 (Govinda, Amitji and Raveena)...

Two other sequals are in the planning phase (Hera Pheri 3 and Housefull 5)...so, obviously Akshay is a good worker ...not an effective one, at the moment... working on the assembly line can take a toll...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
DushtKanya thumbnail
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

It must be very hurting that Filmcompanion calls Selfiee "the best film" Akshay has made "in years" and then this movie is not well received by the paying audience..

I feel that - maybe - Universe has it own ways to tell us certain things....

Akshay is known to bring at least 3 to 5 movies into the theatres,year after year, Should he change that? Or is there something else to consider - not only for him but for the Hindi filmindustry (or more precise: for some investors).

I may watch the movie on OTT just to see the difference to the Malayalam film Driving Licence (which I could already watch).

And then, there is something like that: "At a promotional event for the film, Akshay Kumar clicked 184 selfies with fans in three minutes, breaking the Guiness World Record for the most number of selfies clicked in three minutes." (Wikipedia)

That  makes me shiver instead of smile.