Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Yes, too many wrongs in the show! No justifications can suffice.

ALL roles butchered to glorify the titular character.

1. Leela's treatment of an adopted child, a survivor.

2. Anupama and Anuj allowing 1.

3. Anupama's constant sprint to prioritize Shahs over her husband and child.

4. Anupama's pure neglect of Choti Anu.

5. Bringing in Maaya to stay at Kapadia Mansion giving in to a demand of Choti Anu.

6. Anupama and Maaya having a bet to decide on guardianship. Really Now?

7. Anuj-Anupama insisting on being better parents notwithstanding past events and now it is their stubbornness to keep Choti Anu as if she were a trophy.

8. Anuj's judgemental treatment of a survivor.

9. Maaya's "Change of mind/heart" to win Anuj.

(If Maaya is treating Anuj as a trophy, Anupama has always treated him that way).

10. Maaya not approaching the court in the best interest of everyone, to legally and rightfully take custody of Choti Anu.

The root being Anupama wanting "sab sab sab".

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 1 years ago
SoulSpiller thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jefen

It's not okay... See, even i hate Anupamaa's abuser-worship. But Anupamaa has never tried to seduce or impress Vanraj. Anyway, still i don't like her interacting with Vanraj. She shouldn't be with the Shahs including her two vile children.

But the discussion is about Maaya. She is bloody breaking someone's marriage. She is trying to create rift between Anupamaa and Anuj. It is just total evil. Kavya did this once. And now Maaya.

Again, I don't like Anupamaa. I am not her bhakt but plzzz, i hate what Maaya is doing.

I respect your opinion. If you are only looking at the show, what Maaya is doing definitely looks morally wrong and twisted. I think many people here are just looking at things in a larger perspective and lamenting how a lot of potentially good characters seem to be getting butchered for the sole purpose of glorifying Anupama. 

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

5. Bringing in Maaya to stay at Kapadia Mansion giving in to a demand of Choti Anu.

7. Anuj-Anupama insisting on being better parents notwithstanding past events and now it is their stubbornness to keep Choti Anu as if she were a trophy.

(If Maaya is treating Anuj as a trophy, Anupama has always treated him that way).

10. Maaya not approaching the court in the best interest of everyone, to legally and rightfully take custody of Choti Anu.

hats off to your patience ๐Ÿ‘ and the clarity in analysing the โ€˜wrongโ€™

ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Very well summarized. The worst part is everything listed is quite recent and yet it barely scratches the surface of the sheer absurdity shown throughout the course of the whole show; all in the name of "women empowerment" 

Snowstorm22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Exactly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Snowstorm22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ShahH8er

Very well summarized. The worst part is everything listed is quite recent and yet it barely scratches the surface of the sheer absurdity shown throughout the course of the whole show; all in the name of "women empowerment" 

Yes, Yes, Yes!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Snowstorm22

So if he just wants a family with Anupama only and that is his dream, tell his wife, I want a family with you, with your DNA and mine. Maa is still old enough to get knocked up  by medical treatment. Woman are getting pregnant in their 50โ€™s now.

At least this way, Maa will actually love a child unlike her treatment of Mayaโ€™s child. Set Choti Anu and her mother free from this prison. 

I could care less if these two divorce each other anymore, kill each other, eat each other alive, just stop using someoneโ€™s child as a prop to keep your marriage together and your stupid dream alive.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

U hate anupama too much. Relax its just a tv show๐Ÿ˜†it will have twists n turn that's why ppl r watching. If it goes smooth no one will watch.

Anuj just needs a child with anupama not necessarily his or her own DNA n they have kind of attached to the child n child too has been attached. She too doesn't wants to go.

Also no one is stopping maya to take her child away. When she herself doesn't want her child without anuj then why u want her to have the child alone. 

If maya really believes she is real mother why she is asking anuj. Who is he to permit her. He hasn't even adopted the child.

At least anupama clearly says to vanraj that he is no one to give her permission to meet her children unlike maya who is asking a foster father to stay with her kid so she could impress him.๐Ÿ˜†

SoulSpiller thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShahH8er

Oh that'd be endless. What about we make a list about the good things in this show? 

I'll go first

1. The show has sunk to such low depths that it has reached a point where it effortlessly trolls itself, generating endless troll content on this forum, and leading to joy and laughter in many people's lives.

Anyone else want to go next? 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Jefen

How can Maaya even think of breaking a marriage? Whether they have issues or not, who is she to interfere? Please, I don't support this. We are watching and analysing every word and movement of the series that is why we criticise MAAN but the fact is they are married. And to be honest, every marriage has issues. Most things are dramatized in ITV. I also hate it when Anupamaa serves the Shahs but still Maaya 's actions are not justified. Why is she trying to snatch someone's husband and trying to get close to a married man? A temptress is never a good woman! 

Stealing a child from a mother is a bigger sin than trying to break a marriage...

ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SoulSpiller

Oh that'd be endless. What about we make a list about the good things in this show? 

I'll go first

1. The show has sunk to such low depths that it has reached a point where it effortlessly trolls itself, generating endless troll content on this forum, and leading to joy and laughter in many people's lives.

Anyone else want to go next? 

You took away the best point and everything I could think was encapusated in that. But I'll attempt to a add a good word

2. Regardless of what it has devolved into, the show still possesses a degree of relatibility and simplicity as compared to it's peers. The storyline is not extremely convoluted and the plots are not too outlandish for the most part. Several women who are homemakers probably relate with the struggles of the lead character who faces disrespect and whose efforts are not valued by her own family. Some of the side characters are quite memorable and iconic.