Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Of course a documentary about YRF coming from YRF would lean towards positivity and praise...I did not expect something "objective".

As for Adi...to me, it doesn't matter at all if he IS reclusive by nature or if that is a kind of label he accepts/ supports. His effortless speaking is nothing strange to him as the professional he is (he talks all the time - simply not IN FRONT OF a camera...maybe because out of fear to stammer). I think, he put himself in a state of mind that made him feel like ONLY speaking to someone he already feels comfortable with - he gives a reason why he did this. (Do we even know who else was in the room in front of him...maybe more than one of those people with whom he feels comfortable ...he really seemed to relax more and more during the interview.)

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Oh. So you don't do this while standing by a picture of Messi?

Shah Rukh Khan AKA Rahul - Naam Toh Suna Hoga! - Koimoi

No ..L..L…L…Leo main kyu karu, woh toh mere khwabo mei aata hai 

Edited by MiVida_Messi - 1 years ago
simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Bunty Babli made small town india cool ?

I could’ve sworn that was Bhai with Dabangg. Quite frankly before that everyone thought shooting desi films in USA/UK was all the rage

Bunty Babli 🤔 

Any other anomalies in the series ? 

Yes, they are absolutely right about Bunti Aur Babli. 

And even Dhoom was a trendsetter which was followed by Elaan, Dus, Dhoom 2, Cash, Prince and so on.  Don't know if they mentioned it or not because I have no interest in watching the series. 

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pathaka

Small town films became cool from dev d , gangs of wasseypur, fukrey and dabangg….then there were all those Delhi movies like Vicky donor and band Baaja baraat which caught the flavour of Delhi well 

how is delhi a small town? It is biggest town of the country. Fukrey is delhi story

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

The trend of small town stories and movies was started by  dum laga ke haisha I think which is again a yrf movie 

There were many small town movies before like dev d , kai poo che etc but the look and dialect etc set by dum laga ke was followed by many movies which all called the content is the hero movies 

Edited by .Sunrise. - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Of course a documentary about YRF coming from YRF would lean towards positivity and praise...I did not expect something "objective".

As for Adi...to me, it doesn't matter at all if he IS reclusive by nature or if that is a kind of label he accepts/ supports. His effortless speaking is nothing strange to him as the professional he is (he talks all the time - simply not IN FRONT OF a camera...maybe because out of fear to stammer). I think, he put himself in a state of mind that made him feel like ONLY speaking to someone he already feels comfortable with - he gives a reason why he did this. (Do we even know who else was in the room in front of him...maybe more than one of those people with whom he feels comfortable ...he really seemed to relax more and more during the interview.)

haha Ofcourse 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Yes, they are absolutely right about Bunti Aur Babli. 

And even Dhoom was a trendsetter which was followed by Elaan, Dus, Dhoom 2, Cash, Prince and so on.  Don't know if they mentioned it or not because I have no interest in watching the series. 

Elaan and Prince ? 😂 

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Dhoom for a fact was a trend setter, don't know about bounty or babli. 

What I liked in the movie was the vision of Adi, how he made Yash raj a big studio and production house from making one movie every few years to making many. How he tried different concepts, of course they boasted little bit but also can't take away the credit where it's due. Yash raj was a big production house which gave some iconic movies in 2000s

Edited by Outlander22 - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I saw part of it. And I agree with you. 

Yash ji is great. And all nice things said about him is still less. He created this great cinema. 

But there are lot of over the top praises and mutual admiration going on in the documentary. Hilarious. 

Documentary goes into talking about emergency, 1991 economic opening of Indian markets n couple other historical incidents. I mean why would documentary about romantic movies have to even go into politics of a country. Totally random and unnecessary.

It also starts with how Bollywood is part of culture. Which it is! 
but all the dialogues like Hindi Cinema is biggest n yada yada.. sounded like sour grapes. South movies are getting popular with all over India so inko mirchi lagi hui hai. 😆

This was a desperate attempt to guilt viewers into thinking that Bollywood is great. 

To, Bollywood — You were great. You have stopped putting an effort recently. Create nice product and it will work. Don’t have to clutch at straws. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 1 years ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

A sort of PR move to uplift YRF production house may be crucial timing entering the OTT sector.

With the success of Pathaan, a riding of the wave may be their best strategy. 👍🏼

Edited by rckRadhe - 1 years ago