Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

It seems that you carry a heavy burden on your shoulders (and in your mind/emotional system)...

I do. Emotionally very drained right now in life. For more than a decade I have tried to find happiness in other people's happiness because I lacked it in my life, but I guess I am just not able to put up a charade any more. Burnt out. 

Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flame.

I do. Emotionally very drained right now in life. For more than a decade I have tried to find happiness in other people's happiness because I lacked it in my life, but I guess I am just not able to put up a charade any more. Burnt out. 

When you do find happiness, what is it that makes you smile? For me, it’s anything from a squirrel running up and down the tree or a funny Insta reel or a cup of chya. What does it for you? It doesn’t have to be anything huge, it could be anything, really. Everyone has something to be grateful for, something to be hopeful about but many times we just overlook them. If you actively make an effort to look for things that make you happy, even if momentarily, soon you find yourself grateful for most things. Gratitude then becomes a habit. Plenty of research has shown gratitude is constantly linked to increased happiness and peace within. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

guenhwyvar, what an uplifting post! I've always adored to learn through other people's experiences.

One of my natural traits is curiosity - fortunately the one of the nice kind which means that I like when other people tell me about them but I don't feel neither the urge nor the need to tell it to other people except if it is okay for the one who talked to me.

So, my life is filled with stories (from books, movies, people) and experiences/observations which helps me a lot to deal with myself and with the greater 'picture' (the world we live in). I know that humans are able of doing the most atrocious but also the most lovable things. I know, what you, guenhwyvar, wrote is the right thing to do, I know that regrets and feelings of guilt/anger/frustration/reproach are part & parcel of my life like they are for other people (I may love/like or dislike).

So, yes, one has to learn to deal with the past in a way that benefits the present and the - unknown- future one lives. I learned that everything negative (seen as negative) in my past was meant to have a positive counter-balance. The death of my parents did not eliminate the regrets yet I made them (my parents) part of the good forces of the Universe which guide and protect me and I'm thankful for that and tell them that.

I learnd to love unconditionally and to say and show it so my beloved ones will keep everything positive in mind when I'm dying a sudden death myself. Even the death of one of my kids and sad aftermath had - at some crucial point in my life - a positive counter-balance.

I've become like what you, Supari, wrote...a smiling person enjoying small things and being grateful...and thus a happy person (which influences the people around me).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
hasini009 thumbnail

no, I’m not happy atm

details, wo toh main nahi bataungi.

No.Gif GIF - No Saipallavi Fida GIFs

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

no, I’m not happy atm

details, wo toh main nahi bataungi.

No.Gif GIF - No Saipallavi Fida GIFs

I hope you find a reason to be happy soon.πŸ€—

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I won't say I am unhappy but I am not at ease and I am kinda ok with that.

My unease has helped me shed my complacency and work harder to achieve more of my goals.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sritishabir1

Happiness is momentary. It comes and goes in a flash. It's not the emotion that I strive for. I want to grow and change and be in the company of friends and family who I love.  I want to be proud of who I am and am trying hard to be a good human. πŸ˜‰

. Exactly 

One Day At A time 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: dahibhalle

I won't say I am unhappy but I am not at ease and I am kinda ok with that.

My unease has helped me shed my complacency and work harder to achieve more of my goals.

Isn' THAT already a reason to feel some happiness...just for yourself 😊

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I am miserable 😩 

Do you mind to tell why?

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

I am not unhappy.

I am doing just fine I guess.

Life has been so busy that there’s no time to contemplate on anything else.

And if I get free time then I love to sleep.

So yes life has both the sides.

I have seen both night and day.

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charu21

Yes I am. I follow "Count your blessings" funda, my needs are limited anyways and I cherish even the smallest form of happiness. Biggest form of happiness for me is peace of mind. 

I also believe that whatever happens, happens because it was meant to. Nothing can change what has already happened in the past so go easy on yourself and move ahead and focus on your present and future. If you feel you have made mistakes in past, then also own it and try not to repeat it again but don't be too harsh on yourself. You have your whole future in front of you, why ruin it because of something that's not even in your hands!

Ofcourse life hasn't always been rosy for me but when I see people who are struggling even to meet their day to day basic needs, that too with happy faces?! I feel I have no right to crib about my "struggles"! 

Few years back, I came across some video where this colour blind guy got EnChroma glasses (glasses designed for colourblind people so that they can see colours) for birthday present and the excitement he had after seeing colours for the first time made me think have I ever appreciated the fact that I can see colours? I take this blessing for granted! That video changed my perspective towards everything! 

Enough of my essay, I need to stop now! 

profound thought πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»I need this positivity in my life.