Posted: 1 years ago

I am just curious. Are you happy in life right now? If yes, then what is it that makes you happy, if not then what's the reason? And is it true that happiness does lie within us and if we can't be happy on our own then we cannot make anyone else around us happy? 

Thoughts, please? 

Maybe, it's not happiness that lies in us but the inclination to value the positive more than the negative. A positive approach to life and people gives you more possibilities to feel happiness - for yourself and for others.

There is no day where there aren't moments I feel happy 😊and may give some happiness to others...

And yes if you're not happy, you can't make others happy. But.. others won't mind to munch off you anyway if you're available irrespective of your happiness or sadness 

I am happy enough. Gratitude makes me happy 

Am I happy with my life? 

Absolutely not. In fact the last time I was truly happy was 15 years ago. I saw some glimpses of happiness 10 years ago but then everything went back to pitch black.

I’d like to believe that happiness lies within us but reality is that I’ve always made people around me happy while I’m miserable in the inside. I’m used to it and I’ve just gotten better at hiding my unhappiness. 

Yes.

Things that made me happy are my career which I love, volunteering, learning new skills, being fit, the DINK lifestyle, letting go of religion/theism, distancing from people who are detrimental to my mental health and having latte & croissants at the corner shop cafe with my spouse.

Edited by radix - 1 years ago

Going through a rough phase right now but it’s not as bad as somethings I have gone through in the past.

My current mood is neutral I guess.

Originally posted by FingerFetish

I’d like to believe that happiness lies within us but reality is that I’ve always made people around me happy while I’m miserable in the inside. I’m used to it and I’ve just gotten better at hiding my unhappiness. 

FF, what would make YOU happy?