Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Having the strength to stop looking over my shoulder and regretting so much of my past. I can’t do it. 

I hope you can someday. Then you can tell me how to.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I used to be happy no matter what the circumstances. That came to an end when I lost my parents. I dream of them frequently. All the things I should've said and done... things I shouldn't have said... I don't think there's forgiveness for that. There you go. I'm a jerk. Or at least was to my parents. A little hard to be happy with that knowledge. 

NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Am I happy with my life? 

Absolutely not. In fact the last time I was truly happy was 15 years ago. I saw some glimpses of happiness 10 years ago but then everything went back to pitch black.

I’d like to believe that happiness lies within us but reality is that I’ve always made people around me happy while I’m miserable in the inside. I’m used to it and I’ve just gotten better at hiding my unhappiness. 

Why do you try to make people around you happy, while being miserable inside? What do you get in return? Is what you are getting in return worth enough? Would making those same efforts to make YOURSELF happy get you better results in feeling less miserable? Try doing that... If u haven't till now. 

If you are truly happy, people around you would automatically feel happy and peaceful without any conscious efforts on your part...

Just a little bit advice... Cos that's free and everyone is throwing that around😆 .. so i did it too. Don't mind haan 😳

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

I am fine with my life as it is even though it’s relatively uneventful. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Why, driven?

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I used to be happy no matter what the circumstances. That came to an end when I lost my parents. I dream of them frequently. All the things I should've said and done... things I shouldn't have said... I don't think there's forgiveness for that. There you go. I'm a jerk. Or at least was to my parents. A little hard to be happy with that knowledge. 

Forgiving oneself (which isn't the same as excusing) is the only remedy. At the time when you where "a jerk" to your parents, you didn't know what you know now.

I don't know if you believe in the thinking that souls don't die - they either keep with you to protect you, to give you thoughts, to guide you the best possible (if you let them do this) or they are reborn to fulfil another cycle of life.

Anyways, THEY won't reproach you nothing.

A VERY good movie! ...with a sad history (I don't mean the plot) as the very talented filmmaker (Adrienne Shelly) was murdered just before getting to know that the movie was accepted at Sundance...

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Being born in a rich family, I have had a pretty smooth and easy ride all my life. No struggle nothing. Too much pampered. My life's picture is as rosy as it can get. I wish I get few challenges in life so that I can grow as a person. 

Clochette thumbnail

driven, what would be a challenge for you? Do you look for challenges?

Writing those thoughts shows already a kind of growing, I think...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

driven, what would be a challenge for you? Do you look for challenges?

I don't know what a challenge is like because I have never faced one. I don't look for them deliberately. But just wish for some sadness at some point in my life ahead. 

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6

Yes I am. I follow "Count your blessings" funda, my needs are limited anyways and I cherish even the smallest form of happiness. Biggest form of happiness for me is peace of mind. 

I also believe that whatever happens, happens because it was meant to. Nothing can change what has already happened in the past so go easy on yourself and move ahead and focus on your present and future. If you feel you have made mistakes in past, then also own it and try not to repeat it again but don't be too harsh on yourself. You have your whole future in front of you, why ruin it because of something that's not even in your hands!

Ofcourse life hasn't always been rosy for me but when I see people who are struggling even to meet their day to day basic needs, that too with happy faces?! I feel I have no right to crib about my "struggles"! 

Few years back, I came across some video where this colour blind guy got EnChroma glasses (glasses designed for colourblind people so that they can see colours) for birthday present and the excitement he had after seeing colours for the first time made me think have I ever appreciated the fact that I can see colours? I take this blessing for granted! That video changed my perspective towards everything! 

Enough of my essay, I need to stop now! 

Clochette thumbnail

driven, better don't wish for sadness...it may not benefit you... 😉

maybe better make other people (with a lot of sadness) benefit from your happiness (and - as you feel it is - from your easy-going life) 😊

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago