Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

To the 0.01 % who ridicule or have a love /hate affair with him. I totally agree with you. I mean what an OTT STAR literally 

https://www.koimoi.com/television/govinda-naam-mera-becomes-highest-watched-film-on-ott-with-9-2-million-views-amid-fifa-world-cup-frenzy-drum-roll/amp/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Oh, That’s because of Ranbir’s cameo.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Oh, That’s because of Ranbir’s cameo.

of course it required so much acting talent. People def watch a 2 hour long film for a five minute cameo. Why didn’t Shamshera work then? He had a super extended cameo in that ? 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Ppl watch on OTT so they can fast forward it like i did 😆

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: naaznin

Ppl watch on OTT so they can fast forward it like i did 😆

I know I fast-forwarded Ranbir's cameo too! We are in complete agreement again. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Good, because he ain't getting any theatrical releases 😆

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: semantic.error

Good, because he ain't getting any theatrical releases 😆

His next with Meghan Gulzar and his next film with Tripti which are already filmed are going to be theatrical releases. 😃

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

But does view count really mean anything?? I am genuinely asking because you could argue someone's instagram or youtube item numbers have a huge view count or followers, and that actor might have flops! I'm assuming the view count on these OTT movies and shows is a good thing though.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: greenletters

But does view count really mean anything?? I am genuinely asking because you could argue someone's instagram or youtube item numbers have a huge view count or followers, and that actor might have flops! I'm assuming the view count on these OTT movies and shows is a good thing though.

Well, platforms are more willing to take films from people who get them more views. And there is no other way to measure the success of OTT films. Since there is no box office measure? 🤷‍♀️

And I agree Instagram followers don't really mean anything. They do not necessarily watch your movies. More often then not it means they have just heard of you. Many with huge social media followings don't get views on OTT as well. 

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Well, platforms are more willing to take films from people who get them more views. And there is no other way to measure the success of OTT films. Since there is no box office measure? 🤷‍♀️

And I agree Instagram followers don't really mean anything. They do not necessarily watch your movies. More often then not it means they have just heard of you. Many with huge social media followings don't get views on OTT as well. 

Fair point, thank you for explaining.