Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

In a year where so many nepo products failed (Ananya, Janhvi, Varun etc) how good is it to see Kartik shining. In a world where crores of money are showered upon them to ensure they are a success, it’s so refreshing to see it was Kartik that emerged a big winner. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I don’t disagree with what you are saying at all.  I just rolled my eyes 🙄🙄🙄 because I don’t like him.  

At least you're honest about it 😆. 

I'm not a fan of Karthik yet. Watching him with interest at this point is all I can say. He's...

1. not nepo

2. not sucking up to the Dharma mean girls

3. seems to be an overall decent guy except according to the Dharma mean girls

4. making the best of the opportunities avalaible to him.

5. seems to understand he has a ways to go in acting and doesn't call himself the 2nd coming of Amitabh Bachchan or Smita Patil.

6. his PR talks about his work rather than his rivals or rumored girlfriends

7. making interesting movie choices. 

Let's see how he does over the next couple of years 

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

He has indeed has gotten both commercial success and critical acclaim in the same year so it’s not like it isn’t true. He would rule 2023 as well.  He has the best line up amongst all the other male stars currently . I have a feeling he will the be the only one in this generation to reach real superstar status because everything seems to working for him right now and he is definitely headed in that direction. 

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I don’t like him as an actor and don’t find him good looking at all but I am so glad he’s doing well. I support him because he’s an outsider. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tinkerbelle88

He has indeed has gotten both commercial success and critical acclaim in the same year so it’s not like it isn’t true. He would rule 2023 as well.  He has the best line up amongst all the other male stars currently . I have a feeling he will the be the only one in this generation to reach real superstar status because everything seems to working for him right now and he is definitely headed in that direction. 

Can you tell me his movies ? I know he’s doing the prince movie. What else ? 

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Nothing wrong with him tooting his own horn since there's no KJO behaving like he is the best thing since sliced bread. It's interesting, we always expect the outsiders to be humble and it's okay for the nepo kids to be arrogant. 

If you won't use your own PR to promote you when you're doing well then what's the point of paying them. At least his is not at excessive levels like others nor is he putting down others directly.

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

He did in fact rule Bollywood in 2022. One with critical acclaim and one with box office results. 

Not certain what the mockery is about.

The PR? He has to do it. There's no KJo to do it for him and no big khandaan to have his back. I mean, are the outsiders supposed to prostrate themselves in humility in front of the oh, so magnanimous nepo products?

Alia can call herself Meryl Streep of Bollywood through her PR but Karthik can’t even say he ruled 2022. Outsider hai toh hamesha sar jhuka ke rakhna hai

I say give it to their faces when you can, these people deserve it 

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Can you tell me his movies ? I know he’s doing the prince movie. What else ? 

He is doing Aashiqui 3, Kabir Khan’s next ( I think he is playing a boxer in it not sure though) Hera Pheri 3, Satya Prem ki Katha with Kiara and Captain India in which he plays a pilot. Quite a diverse and interesting line up I’d say

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tinkerbelle88

He is doing Aashiqui 3, Kabir Khan’s next ( I think he is playing a boxer in it not sure though) Hera Pheri 3, Satya Prem ki Katha with Kiara and Captain India in which he plays a pilot. Quite a diverse and interesting line up I’d say

Those do sound interesting 

Satya Prem is a love story of some type ? 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Purple5

Alia can call herself Meryl Streep of Bollywood through her PR but Karthik can’t even say he ruled 2022. Outsider hai toh hamesha sar jhuka ke rakhna hai

I say give it to their faces when you can, these people deserve it 

Alia also called herself Amitabh Bachchan. Not even her PR. She herself called herself Amitabh Bachchan. 😆 On video.