Why Hrithik failed to be next ruling superstar?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

At one point he was tipped to be new superstar of Bollywood and overtake Khans or be one of all time greats in league of AB Sr, Rajesh Khanna, DK, Khans etc.

He is the only one whose films like KNPH, Krissh, D2 outgrossed Khan films. His debut was total craze worldwide among fans of Indian films.

Why he failed to become as huge superstar or sustain the stardom or overtake Khans? How come even likes of Ranbir or Ranveer often overtook or outgrossed him?

He has also begun to look much older and kinda gaunt and since last decade he is known more for personal life issues than his work. 

Why did his potential not entirely get fulfilled? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Cos he pays too much attention to his looks 

I reckon he checks mirror million times before he steps out 

Aurat jhooth badnaam hai .. as far as taking too much time dressing up 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

He was never much of an actor and always more of a looker for one thing ! His father always relaunched him when his career took a nose dive. He was the pre-Aloo nepo kid who needed his dad’s help to be anything. He is massively overrated as an actor. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

Not ambitious - he's not into the number game by any means. That's not how he is by virtue of his nature.

Barely any consistency - his movies release bees saal baad, and they're not necessarily fully worth the wait (for example, Mohenjo Daro after 2 years). Vikram Vedha was actually a really good movie but his absence since 2019 did have some sort of influence on the numbers, coupled with the horrific promotions.

Which is so sad, because he has literally everything to rule - unbelievable screen presence, amazing looks, acting talent and versatility (always felt that he's underrated as an actor, overshadowed by his looks and dancing) and effortless dancing skills. 

Edited by DushtKanya - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

He did less number of movies 

An then when he had some consecutive bad ones people wrote him off. 

He was really taken out of conversation in 2010 I think. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

He did less number of movies 

An then when he had some consecutive bad ones people wrote him off. 

He was really taken out of conversation in 2010 I think. 

The few film strategy seemed to have had worked for Aamir (for a while anyway)!  Only Aamir really did chose quality of quantity. Hrithik does not have the same instinct for what a good film entails. He should try his luck by doing more films. If he wants to save his career. 

atominis thumbnail

It is true. Hrithik never had script sense of Aamir nor his ability to try different characters. Apart from Super 30, Guzaarish, he has mostly reduced himself to eye candy roles.

Never did any good film like RDB or Lagaan or TZP or CDI, Swades. 

If Aamir does films with gaps, he atleast chooses good scripts (before Thugs of Hindustan and LSC) or lets story become bigger than him or his character.

His films used to be also well marketed besides being worth the wait unlike HR who never markets films as well as Khans nor are his films worth the wait. Only his dad marketed Krissh well or KNPH well. I wonder if he would know ropes of business if not for his dad. 

atominis thumbnail

I think he took the greek god thing and comparisons to Hollywood stars seriously. Since then he has often tried to look like wannabe global star or do shit like Kites or sport brown hair or fairer skin to pass off as foreign film material or catch notice of global audience.

He has been too much into D2 or Jodha Akbar or Krishh type mode to ever do normal man roles. Why always handsome boy or superhero or historical icon type? Why hardly he played a common man? Even when he plays common man he does antics like brown face in Super 30 which looks artificial AF.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I guess, he hasn't the ambition/drive to become a greater star than he is. He is a solid star (and isn't responsible for the hyping by the media at the beginning of the new century).

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

I think he took the greek god thing and comparisons to Hollywood stars seriously. Since then he has often tried to look like wannabe global star or do shit like Kites or sport brown hair or fairer skin to pass off as foreign film material or catch notice of global audience.

He has been too much into D2 or Jodha Akbar or Krishh type mode to ever do normal man roles. Why always handsome boy or superhero or historical icon type? Why hardly he played a common man? Even when he plays common man he does antics like brown face in Super 30 which looks artificial AF.

I didn't watch Super 30! A film director/family friend said do not watch it. He found Hrithik overrated as an actor, always anyways. Was the film any good? The concept looked intriguing. But you need a good performance to make a film work. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago