Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Wonderful thread guys! Kudos to you'll!

The topics touched upon in this thread are crucial in spreading awareness about mental health. 

This world mental health day I wish that people can be more open to talking about mental health, like an empathetic and informed conversation rather that Person 1 talking about his/her/their struggles, Person 2 waiving off Person 1, subsequently Person 1 never speaking of it again. 

I also hope we are able to break the stigma surrounding mental health. 

Lastly, wishing everyone a 'HAPPY' Mental Health Day! 
Sending positive vibes to all!❤️

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Nakhrewali almost single handedly pulling off a thread👏🥳

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2

All those who have shared their stories here, I'd just like to say, you guys are so brave for being vulnerable and pouring your hearts out. Know that you are not alone. 

Reminds me of this quote:

"Sometimes you just need to talk about something—not to get sympathy or help, but just to kill its power by allowing the truth of things to hit the air." ~Karen Salmansohn

Sutapasima thumbnail

We all have the power to fight the toughest battles with a healthy mind.

The theme or rather the slogan for 2022’s celebration of World Mental health Day is “Make mental health & well-being for all a global priority.” World Health Organisation (WHO) mentions that before the COVID-19 pandemic, about one in eight people worldwide suffered from mental issues. Proper infrastructural and economic support for mental health, however, was lacking.

The global pandemic raised mental stress for people all over the world. Lives were left permanently altered by the virus. Recent armed conflicts between nations and religious violence have added to this stress.

The primary goal of World Mental Health Day is to create awareness about mental health issues across the globe and to inspire the global citizenry to support the cause of mental health. The celebration ensures that mental health as an issue is highlighted and stays in the public consciousness. The day creates opportunities for mental health care professionals to discuss their work and find ways to ensure mental health care reaches people worldwide.

Very thoughtful of you all to create a tread and raise awareness on this aspect of life.

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

Mental health is not just 'all in your head', it affects your entire well being! Thank you CCs for this beautiful thread! 

Sharing some insights on Self care 😳 by professional psychologists.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV3DghHN8dB/?igshid=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

I liked this graphic of self-care. 👍🏼as someone who suffers from migraines, dark moods is something that also happens. basically migraines and depression are known to be twins that feed off each other (as described in a medical article; they both occur in the same areas of the brain) and so self-care is something I am aware of and keep an eye out. 

in practical terms, self-care for me look like this:

-- take the time to look good: when I feel low, I am not as interested in dressing up. even going to the parlor to get a haircut seems like a waste of time. then I have to consciously re-orient myself and push myself to go and get something like a manicure or a hair spa or facial -- afterwards I feel better. so sometimes, you just have to treat yourself. 

-- food (not too extreme): when I get stressed, I either overeat or undereat. neither is a healthy reaction and I have to consciously remind myself to go back to my regular portions. a drama line that has stayed with me over the years; a side character tells the FL "you need to eat in order to have strength; then only you can cry and get out all your tears. even crying requires physical strength" -- so if you are upset over something, don't skip meals. instead eat and then cry it all out. 

-- exercise: I am not someone who can exercise by themselves in a gym and neither do I really feel comfortable with a personal trainer. I prefer a group class and that motivates me to keep attending and also keep going in the class. so figure out what works for you exercise wise and join. lots of folks think of exercise only for physical health but it also helps to keep an emotional balance especially when you are stressed. 

-- listen and chat: when we are stressed, we tend to think we are the only ones suffering and that magnifies our pain and emotions. however, talk to others and listen -- you will realize that everyone has problems in their own way. 

-- understand your personality: something that really helped me is to take a personality test. you can take one such as the 16 personality test. it not only gives a good framework but also helps you to understand what some of your stressors are and why you are reacting the way you are. 

so those are some of my self-care tips. we tend to define depression in rather narrow ways but it doesn't happen overnight. instead, for many, it is a step by step walk down the hill of dark moods. within the Indian context, depression for many if often situation based -- so keep an eye out for your stressors and understand your emotions of loneliness, frustration, anger, sadness, anxiety and how many of those feelings can snowball for you to feel overwhelmed. you may not be able to change the stressful situation but you can change how you react to it and that will help you get to a point where you eventually cross those clouds. so, take care folks! ❤️

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

In addition to my above post, I wanted to share these two threads I had written in a drama while back. we tend to think of ITV as rather shallow and it mostly is. 😂 most of the time, it can seem like stupid fights and lets face it, we live for all its stupidities. 😆 

however, there are moments when it can get deep or touch upon issues and situations in society. so talk about those arcs/scenes with your forum members -- they can be great conversation starters especially as we all have opinions on the dramas and characters we watch. because it isn't theory or even personal, it can give us a safe space to discuss these stressful situations and mental health type issues in a meaningful way that is easy for all of us to understand. it also can give an insight into different thoughts and perspectives. you never know -- you might learn something along the way as well as others in the forum. 🥰

(plot arc: attempted suicide / loss of self / widow & society attitudes / re-marriage)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/160985534 

(plot arc: PPD leading to revenge mode for villain? / lack of maternal feelings in villian)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/161450316

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Remember to be kind to your mind.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank you for such a beautiful initiative by CC team, giving a chance for members to find and build a mini-community where can speak about and gain awareness on mental health. Truly means a lot 👏👏

There is always so much to say but you bottle it all inside, 

Because noone taught you how to take things in stride,

You hear others claim: "I'm the boss of your life, I will tell you how to live and you abide..",

Slowly the love and respect you had for them stops to reside, 

You wish you are able to get in touch with the right guide, 

Deliberately emotionally distanced from others, left with noone to confide, 

You scream, you shout for help, your stance is labelled as pride,

Begging to be seen for who you are, acknowledgement and trust is denied, 

All that's left to do is have the door shut in your face, you wallow in misery and hide,

Looking at your reflection, you repeat to yourself "I tried, I tried, believe me, I tried."

Then comes a moment when even the tears have dried, 

Dark thoughts and negativity find a place to diminish all the hope and preside,

Seems like even life has taken you for the most unpleasant ride, 

There is nothing anymore to call the bright side, you finally give up and decide, 

RIP, the person inside you once recognised as being a beautiful soul has painfully died. 

We all have experiences to discuss, lessons to share, and if we talk it out and help someone who is struggling find the right resources, we can become a healthier society 💪

This World Mental Health Day, all I wish is for each and everyone to take care of yourself and to know that you are NOT alone. There are many more who are out there striving to be happy, and we are all in this together. Removing the stigma from your mind is the first step, and the hardest one, coz judgement from others and yourself keeps you from reaching your full potential. Its okay not to be okay. Seek the right help, go to therapy, listen to music, do what is best for you, and know that it is not bad to have a kind and understanding heart in a cruel world 🙏

Tinkuy thumbnail

There's no health without mental health. I'm so happy that we all star to talk about this, it makes the world a safer place.

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

I liked this graphic of self-care. 👍🏼as someone who suffers from migraines, dark moods is something that also happens. basically migraines and depression are known to be twins that feed off each other (as described in a medical article; they both occur in the same areas of the brain) and so self-care is something I am aware of and keep an eye out. 

Someone recently told me of a remedy for migraines... someone who suffered for years swears by it. 

a course of apple cider vinegar 1tbsp and honey diluted in hot water. A full glass every day for about 2 weeks. She doesn't get them anymore. Try it hope it helps.