Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Same to you Mrinasmiley31 It's finished heresmiley36

x.titli.x thumbnail

The testimonials hit very hard. smiley18

Wishing that all the women can live in peace and safely in every corner of this world.

Be safe and happy always.smiley31

Physics_girl thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wonderful thread 👏. Almost all women have gone through similar situations in their lives and to read and what the situation would have been in an ideal world makes us feel happy, hopeful and at the same times gives a dull ache in some corner of the heart thinking-'Kaash'.

I also wanted to write one of my experiences but couldn't do so within the deadline due to some reason. So I want to still share it.

Here it goes-

I live in a flood - striken area, suffering from terrible floods each year, destroying so much we own everytime. While we still lived in a small part of the shared house of my grandparents, four out of seven brothers of my father have already moved out of the joint family to their own properties along with their familes, where there is not much flooding like the initial home. The other two brothers who still lived together, had their rooms in the upper floors so as to not bearing the brunt of floods as much as we do. 

So , after lots of financial struggles due to regular flooding and fighting the legal battles long enough for the land  we had bought(there were some issues )  to construct our own little home  years after my father's retirement , we were extremely happy and grateful.

But then, came the relatives , neighbours and well wishers to visit our new abode. While it was good to have them, some common comments that most of them made broke me a little every time.

'Later everything will belong to my brother only' . 'Bechari, she will not get to live in this new house much as it is time to get her married'(I am 26 now).And lots of similar comments. 

My parents shushed them every time with humour filled comments like 'We won't let her go so soon, it's her time to serve us.' 'Itna parh hi liya toh PhD karake hi Jane denge'(I actually aim to pursue PhD next) While I do get appreciated for my newly secured job (which I got landed just a few months before shifting to our new home) by most of them, everyone seems more interested in getting me married, even more than my parents. 

My parents, my brother and I  have struggled together, how is it that only I am the outcast here?

In an ideal world-

The comments  about the house to be my brother's alone or how I would no longer be my birth family's member would not have been uttered that much. Talks of marriage instead of PhD would not have been insisted this much. Yes, I become rude at the mention of this topic now-a-days so people have stopped reminding me that much like earlier ,but in an ideal world, I need not  have behaved out my character  when this topic arises.

Edited by Physics_girl - 1 months ago