Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Johnny.Balraj

These farangi critics are invited by paramount as it is distributing the film outside India. 

How is bookings at your end? 

I open to book par hall khaali hai in chd 

Screenshot_2022_0809_220422.jpg

Our 5 tickets might add up.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

These farangi critics are invited by paramount as it is distributing the film outside India. 

As they should - ..invite respected journalists to review your new film... 

I can't see anything to suggest he has a loyalty or an affiliation towards Paramount. Just looked on his profile: he's "been writing professionally about films since 1996" - 25+ years is quite commendable I think, well it's good enough for me 

LINK >>> https://www.slashfilm.com/author/witneyseibold/

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Doodh ka jalela, chhaas bhi phoonk ke hich peeta.

Apan IF ke meherban log ka wait karenga pikchar dekhneka. Above average bhi nikli toh apan theater jayenga... bhot time ho gayelay theater gaye 👍🏼

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Check Aamir Khan's Public Relations team manager respected journalists' timelines baby girl, it's gotta be on one of theirs 

I'm not disputing Aamir’s motives in holding all these screenings, but at the same time I don’t think he had a hard time convincing any of these people for these reviews. The man is pretty much known to be anal retentive when it comes to quality of work and production. FG is a beautiful feel good movie. The odds were always in his favor here tbh. He still took a huge risk because well, it’s Forest Gump you know. But if anyone could do it in Bollywood it was Aamir Khan production.  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

I think it’s a matter of credibility. Bollywood critics by in large don’t have much credibility left these days. Firangis still do to a large extent. 

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

How is bookings at your end? 

I open to book par hall khaali hai in chd 

Screenshot_2022_0809_220422.jpg

Our 5 tickets might add up.

it doesn’t look good at all for Aamir 

3 to 4 year ago, this film would have opened 30cr plus at least. There is always a shell life when it comes to stardom.  Mamu should focus on being a producer or maybe become full time director, 

Edited by Johnny.Balraj - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=7099

Top Ten 2022 As Laal Singh Chaddha And Raksha Bandhan Release Nears

Tuesday 09 August 2022 11.15 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

The year has seen dull results so far mainly as most of the content releasing is pre pandemic content and the box office feeling the heat of habitual changes that have come up with the audience over the two year covid period.

ADVERTISEMENT

There is tremendous fear and trepidation in the industry with the Raksha Bandhan releases as expectations are huge but both films on the trailers are word of mouth films and not the big starters. The advances are pretty much on the expected lines though the industry would have probably been expecting much better for Laal Singh Chaddha as Aamir Khan is an advance star and his films did take good advances earlier with films in this zone but now things have changed and this heart warming feel good zone film will have less takers. So on that account the advance is actually okay but industry expectations are there and only time will change these.

The other release Raksha Bandhan was also going to be a current film and taking that into account advances here are also okay. It will give Laal Singh Chaddha a run for its money on day one in the hindi circuits as generally Akshay Kumar films start better in these pockets but in the bigger centres it is going to be about what sort of push it gets on release day. 

The top ten ten original Hindi content releases for 2022 are below and obviously a great result would be that at the end of August these two films stand in the top three but that is probably hoping for too much and more realistic will that both are in the top five by the end of the month. If not then it will mean these films have not made most of the outstanding period in which these two films will release in.

1. The Kashmir Files - 247 crore

2. Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 - 182 crore

3. Gangubai Kathiawadi - 126 crore

4. Jugjugg Jeyo - 79 crore

5. Samraat Prithviraj - 68 crore

6. Bachchhan Pandey - 49 crore

7. Ek Villain Returns - 42 crore (expected)

8. Shamshera - 41 crore (expected)

9. Runway 34 - 33 crore

10. Heropanti 2 - 25 crore

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

On topic

No expection BO wise.  Hopefully it is a good film when I watch it on big screen

Edited by Johnny.Balraj - 1 years ago
oyebollywood thumbnail

mumbai bookings very slow for both the movies