Suggestions / Comments

Site Updates and Issues Discussion Thread #6

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your stay at India Forums.

In our pursuit to improve our site continously we have made the following changes:

1. Updated Site Search feature with the default option "All" makes more search fast and easy.

2. Now you can read the site in your favourite regional language. By simply using the Google Translate widget given at the bottom of the page. (Below India Forums Logo). I tried reading the site in Hindi and it was super fun. Google Translation works like a charm.ЁЯШК

3. We have updated our Celebrity CMS (Content Management System) so that now instead of having a stale page we have moved to the Wiki style page where our users can help us in keeping the information about their favourite celebrity upto-date. (This feature is still in Beta).

So do let us know what you think about it and how we can further improve the site. There are a few more things that we are working and will be announcing in the coming week(s) related to Fan Fiction / Night mode / Chat  etc.

Regards,

Vijay

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks Vijay for this interesting features.

Have checked Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati translations. Except 1-2 words, it was interesting to read. 

Hope all will enjoy reading in regional languages they know & in future more languages will be added in the list.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Pls bring in a group PMing system too, where groups can have a conversation without PMing each person separately

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I enjoyed trying out the new features. I suggested an edit to the celebrity page for "Sayli Salunke" to correct the spelling of her last name to "Salunkhe" to match how she spells it on Instagram.

Reading the title page of my fan fiction in Marathi was fun! I don't expect that India Forums has any control over these translations, so please ignore if you're not amused:

• Nonsense Saс╣Гskс╣Ыta words like "рдкреНрд░рдкреНрдп" instead of "рдкреНрд░рд╛рдкреНрдп" were generated by ignoring my use of diacritical marks.
  • The story is rated "рдкреНрд░рдХрд╛рд╢" for "light" trigger warnings such as double-negative "рдЕрд╕рд╣рдорддреА рдирд╕рд▓реЗрд▓реЗ" for "non-consensual."
  • "Chapter" becomes "рдзрдбрд╛" instead of "рднрд╛рдЧ" in the "рд╕рд╛рдордЧреНрд░реА рд╕рд╛рд░рдгреА" Table of Contents, and becomes "рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп" when I click in, as if fan fiction is educational!

Edited to add: Actually, in this Table of Contents, some chapters are marked "рдзрдбрд╛" and others "рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп" and Chapter Three is marked "рдкреНрд░рдХрд░рдг" - just like Chapter Three in another story's Table of Contents. I wonder if something in India Forums is affecting the translation according to the chapter number. And the chapter numerals are not being translated consistently: "рез" is followed by "2" through "20" and "реирез" is followed by "22" etc.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Thank you Vijay and your team who continuously work tirelessly behind the scenes to improve  our home . 

Thank you for all the improvements n new features and also keeping us formed 

Loving it .тЭдя╕П

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Congratulations for Thread number 6, which indicates your continued involvement in addressing and updating the issues.ЁЯСП

The page translation is fun.  I checked it for just 10 seconds and it was really cool. ЁЯСНЁЯП╝ 

As far as update one is concerned, I thought "All" is always a default option or may be I understood it wrongly.

Good job from admin and everyone involved.ЁЯСНЁЯП╝

Cheers..

Armu4eva thumbnail

Thank you for the great updates. Will make it more fun to use the siteЁЯШ│

SoniRita thumbnail

Congrats for #6 and thanks for the great updates. 

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

As a follow-up to my concern that allowing fan fictions to use the Entity Tags for actors is dangerously close to Real Person Fiction ...

I see that some fan fiction topics in a show's forum are also using the Entity Tags for actors. For example, a fan fiction topic that invites readers to enjoy a graphic scene of sexual assault is tagged with the names of an actress and an actor, as if the scene should be imagined between real people who haven't consented to this use of their names.

Anyone who looks for interviews and articles about the actors is going to find a story that romanticizes a horrific crime. Apart from this extreme example, it's generally a liability for India Forums to connect an actor's name with any fiction that doesn't belong to the actor's signed contract with a project. Please be more respectful of the individuals whose popularity brings traffic to your website. Their values may not be your values.

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

As a follow-up to my concern that allowing fan fictions to use the Entity Tags for actors is dangerously close to Real Person Fiction ...

I see that some fan fiction topics in a show's forum are also using the Entity Tags for actors. For example, a fan fiction topic that invites readers to enjoy a graphic scene of sexual assault is tagged with the names of an actress and an actor, as if the scene should be imagined between real people who haven't consented to this use of their names.

Anyone who looks for interviews and articles about the actors is going to find a story that romanticizes a horrific crime. Apart from this extreme example, it's generally a liability for India Forums to connect an actor's name with any fiction that doesn't belong to the actor's signed contract with a project. Please be more respectful of the individuals whose popularity brings traffic to your website. Their values may not be your values.

It's a valid point and we will be removing the Person tagging option from the FanFiction.