Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

This looks interesting 

I am waiting for next update already 

They both are doctors .. It will be fun 

PrincessJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This sounds interesting! Waiting to read more!!

serenepeace46 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Please stick to this with lots of chapters pretty please, I love it, keep posting as frequently as possible 

MinervaMcG thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

When I read books , I really love to hear hero's thoughts too, it brings in a different perspective. So I really loved that we had Abhi's narration and Pov! Looking forward to the next update.

Krithi1985 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice update.  Please update the next part soon

Manju1066 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Love it 🥰 pls continue soon 💖

Ambajee thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 4

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Finally someone decided to get Akshu to be Doctor as well,, ab maza shuru!!❤️ Can’t wait for more updates 

illiana.yale.35 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 2

Mohabbat mein yun hadd ko paar kiya

Tumse bhi zyada tumse pyar kiya

Akshu fought to keep her eyes open as she made her way to the cafeteria. One would think after months of this she'd be used to it, but no. She found Rohan and Jia waiting at their usual table and made her way over to them. They, of course, were done hours before her. Usually it didn't irritate her but she was extra antsy today and way too exhausted. Scraping the chair back, she dumped her things on the table and banged her head down.

"Bad day?"

She let out something between a groan and a scream. The two looked at each other and shook their heads. They pitied her, they truly did. Rohan got up to order her a coffee and Jia tried to get her to drink some water. Akshu had a habit of ignoring her body's needs when she was focused and the two were used to having to take care of their brilliant but eccentric friend. They had all started their internships together, along with 6 others and all of them remembered resenting Akshu in the beginning. She was the youngest among them all, considered something of a prodigy. She was initially in Doctor Mahima's team but was later handpicked by Doctor Abhimanyu to join him, as his mentee. It was the most prestigious position an intern can hope for, Doctor Abhimanyu Birla was a legend in the country, they had all felt lucky to be even accepted into the same hospital as him. Jia and Rohan both remembered being insanely jealous of this little chit of a girl. But that didn't last. It was honestly hard to resent someone like Akshu, she was too sweet, too earnest. And besides, that jealousy had soon turned into pity once they saw just how much of a nightmare Doctor Abhimanyu can be as a mentor.

He worked her almost 24/7. He had her here assisting in the ward, out patient and OT and also had her preparing for her MD simultaneously. Every week she went home with an armful of medical journals and textbooks. She was on her feet all day and was even called in at odd hours. The rest of them started off light, first working under Junior Doctors that were considerably chilled and even got breaks and holidays . Akshu hadn't had a break since she started. She was always working, reviewing, studying or assisting. She functioned on 4 hours of sleep on average, 6 if he was feeling benevolent. The fact that she hadn't collapsed yet was honestly commendable. Yeah, the jealousy ran out quick. 

Rohan came back and pushed the steaming cup near her. "Please tell me that's actually coffee I'm smelling and not my brain playing tricks on me again" Akshu asked, her voice coming out muffled from where she had her face buried in her arms. 

"It's coffee, your brain is fine" chuckled Jia.

"My brain is not fine, it's fried" Akshu grumbled but she did raise her head and gratefully sipped her savior. She used to be a tea person but she had to switch to coffee when she joined Birla Hellhole Hospital. 

"Why does the world hate me?" Akshu whined. 

"Aisa mat bol" Rohan said, patting her head mockingly "the world doesn't hate you. Doctor Abhimanyu hates you."

"Naam mat le uska" Akshu growled "I'm gonna claw his eyes out one day."

"Mm, but they're such pretty eyes" Jia sighed.

Akshu shot her a dead look but didn't contradict her. She had a sudden flashback of giggling with her Badi Ma the day she was appointed under him. Badi Ma had gushed at the PR pictures of him available online and teased her saying how lucky she was to be able to work under a Greek god like him. Akshu had agreed. Before then she had only ever had a few interactions with him and they had all left her starstruck. The muscular arms, sharp jawline and intense eyes, had her wondering how she'll ever be able to focus. She needn't have worried. As it turned out, he had ways of making sure she stayed focused. Ways that included breathing down her neck, piling her with work and chewing her ear out at the slightest mistake. Some Greek god. 

The three chatted till she finished her coffee before leaving. Akshu drove home, humming along to her playlist. Despite how exhausted she way and how pissed off Doctor Abhimanyu Birla made her, she knew  that this happy, satisfied feeling she got at the end of each day was only because of him. She had always been a gifted student and never really needed to push herself academically. She hadn't known how satisfying it is to go to bed, thoroughly exhausted after a hard day's work since she never actually had to work hard before she joined Birla Hospital. For the first time in her life she felt like she was making a difference in the world and she was doing it at a much greater pace than she would have if he hadn't taken her under her wing. His endless demands always had her reaching higher and higher to achieve them. People looked at her and saw a small, anxious little girl who either had her nose stuck in a textbook or her hands strumming her guitar. She came from a family of business minded people, an academic like her never really fit in with any of them. Ever since she was a child she had felt sort of invisible in that big house and big family. They were supportive of her dreams, but they didn't understand them. He did. 

Pulling into her parking she shot him her mandatory text. It was a rule. She was to always text him when she reached home. She supposed it made sense, she worked odd hours. And he had a thing for rules. Specifically rules for her. Text him when she's home. Review old notes every week. Three square meals a day. Be up to date on recent medical news. No biting her lips. Watch all the lectures and conferences he emails her. Stay hydrated. Wear comfortable shoes. Keep a pack of her anxiety meds in his office and her car. Carry the pepper spray he got her. The list goes on and on. He'd pop in at any time and go "New rule, aaj se tum...". She's stopped questioning it at this point. Stopped questioning him and his insane tendencies. 

Abhimanyu's phone chimed just as he rang his doorbell.

Akshu : reached.

He chuckled. She always put a full stop at the end of her messages when she was pissed at him. He wondered if she even noticed she did it or if it was a subconscious decision. He supposed he deserved it, today was a hard day for her. She was beside him for a 4 hour surgery and immediately after he'd sent her on ward duty. Apologies, my love, but you did wonderfully. I'm proud.

Manjari smiled as she opened the door and looked at the soft smile gracing her son's face. She didn't have to ask why he was all smiley. She thanked Kanhaji everyday for bringing Akshu into his life. The precious girl had soothed his soul in a way she had always dreamed of. 

Abhi kissed her cheek and entered, letting her lead him towards the dining table. He sat down and was about to pick up his fork when he noticed everyone staring at him. Neil looked suspiciously happy.

"What?" he asked.

"Abhimanyu," Taiji chided "tumne aaj Akshara ko fir se daata?"

"Oh god, not again - NEIL"

Okay, wow starting a story here is a commitment ya'll. I almost gave up, I got major commitment issues, but your  beautiful comments just didn't let me. So here it is. This chapter takes us a little further into their dynamic.

Oh also, don't expect me to focus on family drama much, I leave that up to the experts, the actual makers of the show. I will be focusing on Abhira's journeys, both together and individually.

Let me know if you liked it, and what questions you'd like answered from these two here. More comments means more motivation.

Chapter 3 - Page 8

Edited by illiana.yale.35 - 2 years ago