Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Idk about others but I have been ranting about double standards in America all my life and Iโ€™m American ๐Ÿ˜†

I am American too.

Point I was making is expressing leftist views on social media makes you acceptable.

Lemme try saying something contrary. Like say:

With all its faults, America is still the best country on the planet. India is a country of one billion people, so the crimes of a few cannot be used to slander the entire population. Religions need to dragged into the new millennium, sensitivities of minorities (or majorities) notwithstanding. Transgender women should have equal rights, but those who retain male plumbing should not be allowed in female shelters.

You'll see how people are pounced on quickly. 

Whereas wokish opinions will win Vir Das kudos in places where it counts. Twitter trolls are actually doing him a favor by giving him publicity. ๐Ÿ˜†

Vir Das isn't saying anything about India those who watch/read the news haven't already recognized. He *is* generalizing, but comedians do that, so it's not really an issue. Problem is he is acting like he is telling truth to power and/or encouraging people to think while he's doing nothing of the sort. He's taking about this in Kennedy Center and preaching to the choir. He's using people's harsh realities to further his career and pretending to be above it all.

Regular people recognize it on some level and are reacting to it. Unfortunately, like I said before, their reactions will actually help him, and he surely knows it. A cynical and self-serving move all around.

EDITED TO ADD: And I see that some people are actually defending India against Vir Das's claims. Instead of calling him out on his cynicism and self-centeredness, they're actually downplaying the problems he talked about and in some cases, denying they exist! Or claiming he shouldn't have *insulted* India by talking about it. These trolls are actually doing his PR work for him.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

PM Shri Shri Modi says Indians used to feel ashamed to call themselves Indian before he came to power. 

At least Vir is speaking truth but complete truth. May be that is what is really bothering these idiots who have a problem with his talk. They are all having a collective meltdown because they know what Vir said is undeniably true!

https://twitter.com/tehseenp/status/1460953947032588293?s=20

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Started with his monologue that I come from India where Kids wearing masks, Leaders meeting without masks. 

Adults are vaccinated, kids are not and the same thing was happening in other countries as well. He made it that this is something unique to India. Vir Das standing in a country where he made that monologue, CDC of that country said Adults who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc-says-fully-vaccinated-people-dont-need-to-wear-face-masks-indoors-or-outdoors-in-most-settings.html

Moving on to the next statement. He said India AQI is Nine thousand! Some on twitter said he wanted to say 9 0  0 but said extra 0. Watch the video he said words Nine thousand not in numeric. 

Anyways, majorly pollution is an issue in Delhi and its neighbouring cities/states. India has many other cities and states, which are in much better condition. Even issue of pollution of Delhi happens only in November-January month. Pollution in all cities is increasing and it need It needs to be addressed. however we aren't living in AQI of 9000. Making such blanket statements will distract many tourists who are planning to come to India.  

Statement 3: Appalling Generalisation: Worship Women at day and gang rape them at night. Feel scared for the female in Vir Das home. Humare ghar mai to aise nahi karte! 

If anyone is defending this statement they are the problem. There are mindset is the problem. No one is saying we don't have issue of women safety. Infact it's a huge issue but the way it was grossly generalised. 

There were couple of statements in his monologue which I agree with as well. Especially When we made donations to PMCARES fund why don't we have audit of where that is being invested. Government should be held accountable for that.

I can go on and on.. but what will be the point to do that India-Forums where I see same people who have agenda to bash India. Same members everytime for me these people have attained levels of KRK and Kangana and certainly will avoid them. I know these people will avoid me as Modi Bhakt or BJP BOT. So thankfully they will also avoid me. 

Toh itna lamba post likha hu kyu agar tu avoid karna chahta hain toh๐Ÿ˜†

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Dho rahe hai bhai. Kuch toh sharam karo sisters and brothers of India. You realize you are literally dumb and mute and even braindead when your elected Ministers and Prime Ministers are doing zilch but you demand more from a common citizen? Think about it!

https://mobile.twitter.com/kunalkamra88/status/1460656665309507584

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Toh itna lamba post likha hu kyu agar tu avoid karna chahta hain toh๐Ÿ˜†

I said I'm avoiding members which for me have attained Kanganga and KRK level. I avoided those names and quoted Chameli Billi which for me isnt on that level. 

Itna lamba post was my last one on this topic aur nahi.๐Ÿ˜†

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Whatever he said is correct but why did he make that speech in Washington and not Delhi or Mumbai? America is a shit show itself. Thereโ€™s literally been two Americas since at least 2008. 

Minor correction. 

Thereโ€™s literally been two Americas since at least 2008 1492.

I'd say it started with the colonists and the natives, and it's been burning and turning ever since.