Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

He is a disgrace. 

India is not as developed as US etc that he can joke about it. We are not there yet. 

There are liberals, and then there are liberals like him who do not know or do not wish to know the ground reality of India and where India is heading.

I hate this guy, because not only he speaks shit, but is an unfunny libtard 

Yes India has its problems, but why insult India on a global stage. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

He is a disgrace. 

India is not as developed as US etc that he can joke about it. We are not there yet. 

There are liberals, and then there are liberals like him who do not know or do not wish to know the ground reality of India and where India is heading.

what about PM who insulted the Indians? how come he is still a PM? Vir is libtartd because he told the truth but PM is mesaiah because he told a lie?

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Whatever he said is correct but why did he make that speech in Washington and not Delhi or Mumbai? America is a shit show itself. There’s literally been two Americas since at least 2008. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Whatever he said is correct but why did he make that speech in Washington and not Delhi or Mumbai? America is a shit show itself. There’s literally been two Americas since at least 2008. 

Seriously? AQI of India is 9000 is a correct statement and there were gross generalisations in his monologue. 

Thanks to Vir Das Indians abroad are now defending themselves that they are not rapists. Implications of making such statements at such platform are huge. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

I guess for the same reason people make comments about America on India Forums. 😆 Because it is socially acceptable to do so. Even gives you street cred in certain circles.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Vir Das makes a lot of sense a lot of times. His segment "Jokes for the Dead" on Covid deaths brought me to tears because I'd just lost 2 people very dear to me and was feeling completely lost. I loved his Religion vs. Comedy.

He clearly is very sharp and believes what he is saying, too. Not just woke when it's convenient career like the PC, DP types.

But there's no denying that his political outlook gives him extra sheen in media/entertainment circles in both India and the West. It's the same for all the Hollywood celebs who preach at us lesser Americans from their perches. 😆

Supari_khala thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I guess for the same reason people make comments about America on India Forums. 😆 Because it is socially acceptable to do so. Even gives you street cred in certain circles.

Idk about others but I have been ranting about double standards in America all my life and I’m American 😆

Nothing wrong , twitter troll toh troll karenge hi , but don't same people say that there are two Islam one who five pray times a time and other who bombs the people out , so no need to get angry.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Started with his monologue that I come from India where Kids wearing masks, Leaders meeting without masks. 

Adults are vaccinated, kids are not and the same thing was happening in other countries as well. He made it that this is something unique to India. Vir Das standing in a country where he made that monologue, CDC of that country said Adults who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc-says-fully-vaccinated-people-dont-need-to-wear-face-masks-indoors-or-outdoors-in-most-settings.html

Moving on to the next statement. He said India AQI is Nine thousand! Some on twitter said he wanted to say 9 0  0 but said extra 0. Watch the video he said words Nine thousand not in numeric. 

Anyways, majorly pollution is an issue in Delhi and its neighbouring cities/states. India has many other cities and states, which are in much better condition. Even issue of pollution of Delhi happens only in November-January month. Pollution in all cities is increasing and it need It needs to be addressed. however we aren't living in AQI of 9000. Making such blanket statements will distract many tourists who are planning to come to India.  

Statement 3: Appalling Generalisation: Worship Women at day and gang rape them at night. Feel scared for the female in Vir Das home. Humare ghar mai to aise nahi karte! 

If anyone is defending this statement they are the problem. There are mindset is the problem. No one is saying we don't have issue of women safety. Infact it's a huge issue but the way it was grossly generalised. 

There were couple of statements in his monologue which I agree with as well. Especially When we made donations to PMCARES fund why don't we have audit of where that is being invested. Government should be held accountable for that.

I can go on and on.. but what will be the point to do that India-Forums where I see same people who have agenda to bash India. Same members everytime for me these people have attained levels of KRK and Kangana and certainly will avoid them. I know these people will avoid me as Modi Bhakt or BJP BOT. So thankfully they will also avoid me. 

Edited by Zeal17 - 2 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

He is a disgrace. 

Tbh he has insulted America too. And I will not call Vir Das liberandu tbh, because he isn't one. Liberandu are those IMO who just insult the right wing and Hindus, Vir Das makes jokes on everyone.

He isn't factually wrong but the thing is simple, him saying those things is not going to give any new information to anyone. It just makes him look good in the eyes of a certain section of people. It isn't like India was seen as a perfect country to everyone in the world, and suddenly he is showing the reality😆. We were a third world country in the eyes of western people before and we still are a third world country in the eyes of western people. 

Whether India is under Modi or Congress or any other political party.

Women will keep getting raped, people will get killed in the name of caste and religion, people will die of hunger and poverty, hospitals will keep looting patients, schools will be underdeveloped, LGBTQ+ will always be frowned upon and so on. Because root problem is always the divisive mindset of the people in this country or any other country. Everyone knows the reality but are ignoring for the piece of their own mind.

I think comedians should be allowed to make satire or sarcastic stuff about the country's or society's problems. Like eventually if someone has political motives or agenda, they will be seen as one anyways. I just don't like censorship of comedy whether it is left wing or right wing.

And they should completely abolish the so called punch up or punch down. Insult everyone imo. That is the problem I have with so called comedians.