Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali

Story theme [ Love story or Rehab story?]

AnushkhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I really don't understand what makers want to show? Love changes people I understand... but they change minor aspects of one's personality... more like they bring out a softer brighter side which is existent already in that person. Love can't change a person's identity or existence itself. 

Was this story going to be a rehab project for badly brought up men? Or a love story between two fundamentally different individuals? If falling in love with Pallavi results in Raghav turning over his own basic fundamentals... become a saint from that grey hue he dons then I am sorry to say but he was better off without her. 

I stared watching this because of the stark difference between the couple. I was intrigued by how they fall in love and strive to continue loving each other despite their huge ideological differences and ways of living. If the makers try to show how one person ends up completely changing his canvas for his lover then.... Im outta here. 

I want to see Raghav with his personality and his myriad flaws intact and Pallavi with her own virtues and vices and both of them being in love inspite of that and it is viable to merge their nuances in the middle. Cause after all, some of their principles are exactly the same. 

Their capacity of infinte love. 

Their wherewithall to do literally anything for the people they love. 

The boundaries of humanity which would restrict them to overcome that line (more for Raghav this is.. I didn't see him advocating manslaughter ever). 

Their immense pain tolerance level and will to survive despite the situation they are thrown into. 

Their magnanimous nature for everyone and love for children. 

There you go, enough points to feel attracted towards each other. We say people fall in love because of the desire to taste a facet they themselves don't possess. But I think people fall in love as they share the love for the similar flavours of life and emotions as well.

Let's agree to disagree! 

Edited by AnushkhaA - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiarao thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnushkhaA

I really don't understand what makers want to show? Love changes people I understand... but they change minor aspects of one's personality... more like they bring out a softer brighter side which is existent already in that person. Love can't change a person's identity or existence itself. 

Was this story going to be a rehab project for badly brought up men? Or a love story between two fundamentally different individuals? If falling in love with Pallavi results in Raghav turning over his own basic fundamentals... become a saint from that grey hue he dons then I am sorry to say but he was better off without her. 

I stared watching this because of the stark difference between the couple. I was intrigued by how they fall in love and strive to continue loving each other despite their huge ideological differences and ways of living. If the makers try to show how one person ends up completely changing his canvas for his lover then.... Im outta here. 

I want to see Raghav with his personality and his myriad flaws intact and Pallavi with her own virtues and vices and both of them being in love inspite of that and it is viable to merge their nuances in the middle. Cause after all, some of their principles are exactly the same. 

The boundaries of humanity which would restrict them to overcome that line (more for Raghav this is.. I didn't see him advocating manslaughter ever). 

Their immense pain tolerance level and will to survive despite the situation they are thrown into. 

There you go, enough points to feel attracted towards each other. We say people fall in love because of the desire to taste a facet they themselves don't possess. But I think people fall in love as they share the love for the similar flavours of life and emotions as well.

Let's agree to disagree! 

What a beautiful post đŸ‘ 

You have said everything I have in my mind .Raghav and Pallavi are two beautiful characters with their own strengths and weaknesses and I would want all their traits intact . 

I watch this show for Raghav who has atleast 500 shades to his personality. I don't want even one of them gone. If they make him  monochrome then there will be nothing left for me to watch..

Priya516 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Let's agree to disagree! 

Nicely done!!! 

As you have said in your post I hope the makers don’t change the character of Raghav. When two people get married and start living together things do come up and they don’t have to agree on everything.. Disagreements are part of life and I think that’s what makes life interesting in couples .. if we agree on everything then life is not as exciting .. The  journey is much more enjoyable when you disagree , agree and makeup đŸ˜ƒ

There is also an invisible boundary present between married people where we have some room to breathe and it’s your space which shouldn’t be crossed over by your partner.. 

It’s also wouldn’t be believable if character of an alpha male like RR changes .. He is truly an alpha male ..They stand their ground and self realization is the only way out . 

MHRW99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

It is a love story only .. two different individuals coming together and accepting their weaknesses.. I always feel marriage is a kind of compromise (in a good way ) where in both of them have to accept their faults / weaknesses and sort it out .. which will make your relationship stronger ! 

Here I  don’t want Raghav to change at all in terms of business absolutely no no
  not even his aggressive don nature I don’t want him to change ..( this business needs don giri)  in terms of his nature-with wife and family  fine because people  do change after marriage 
 . he has come the hard way in his business and he knows what he is doing .. today Raghav handled it beautifully .. yes he should have made Pallavi understand his side but I think it’s too early , eventually he will I think .. 

Pallavi is not wrong either because her bringing  up is like that .. for her everything is going to police ( she did it for her business also but then Raghav explained to her and she took that double money during Mansi sangeet track  ) she will try to send out her views but eventually I think Raghav will make her understand .. 

Having said all this it’s all upon the makers how to take this track ..and make it look real without adding unnecessary tadka to it which I think they will because again Tks to itv 😆 I would love to see what I have said above because that’s what is marriage .. understanding each other and accepting each other’s weaknesses!! 

For  me today the convo between Raghav and Pallavi was so real !! 

My PoV no offence to anyone !! 

Nice post đŸ€—

Btw when are you writing your turn sweetheart wala scene đŸ€Ș🙊🙈 waiting to read !! 

Edited by MHRW99 - 2 years ago
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

It’s an love story of two individuals, I don’t think they’ll change anyone of them completely because they have always promoted show as love story between fire and water . They’d have conflicts but I don’t think anyone is changing or letting go of their core characteristics to please another one.

Even today Pallavi agreed to understand him , so I’d suggest to wait and let track play out before assuming the worst .

Unnecessary tadke of Sunki and other negative characters will be added , sometimes own leads will act out of character making dumb mistakes ( as writers are lazy and they find easy way out by making leads scapegoat) as it’s  an itv show and they need to show conflicts to move story forward . But individually if I just look at Raghvi’s story , that as of now is fine and won’t change into rehab story 

Edited by Radiant_Eyes_ - 2 years ago
kin410 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I agree with you. Why should only Raghav change? I like his reply to Pallavi in today's episode. 

masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Exactly that! Love can bring out other facets of your personality and even broaden your horizon in many ways, but by no means can it or should it fully alter who you are and what you stand for. If that does happen, then I see it as a major red flag! 

I don't think this was ever a rehab story, but I'm afraid it's walking on that fine line. I think the CVs are slightly uncertain and want to test the waters to see whether the audience will accept a rehab story over a love story since the former has typically been the channel's forte. Let's face it, all prime time shows are running on the "bad boy salvaged by good girl" theme.

Their differences are what drew me to this show and what keep me hooked. I think ultimately, their core values/sanskaar aren't all that different. Pallavi just executes in an all white manner whereas Raghav's execution is completely grey. Pallavi, despite being an orphan and becoming a widow at a fairly young age, is still relatively more sheltered than Raghav. It's easy for someone to believe the world is not a nasty place and that unicorns are real when they haven't experienced the flip side of the coin.

Raghav's upbringing and his values aren't flawed, they're much the same as Pallavi's in fact. Raghav's circumstances on the other hand have been gravely different from Pallavi's and their respective circumstances have shaped them as who they are today. Pallavi's circumstances made her emotionally attached and further obliged to a family where the sentiments are far from mutual. Raghav's circumstances made him lose faith in the world, in the neighbours and well-wishers who ultimately shed their brotherhood and hounded his father for their money. Both have fair reason to function the way that they do. Pallavi cannot stop feeling grateful for a family that doesn't care for her simply because they took her under their wing when she was most vulnerable. Likewise, Raghav cannot stop resording to shady methods and mechanisms to get things done simply because that's what helped him stay afloat when he was most vulnerable. This is the only way they both know how to function as individuals and in their respective professions.

We say people fall in love because of the desire to taste a facet they themselves don't possess. But I think people fall in love as they share the love for the similar flavours of life and emotions as well.

I think it's a mix of both! I think the initial attraction stems from a desire to taste a facet that's unfamiliar to them, but I think the love sustains itself over time because both individuals inherently share the same core values/morals.

Very well written, Anoushkha! Absolutely nothing to disagree with!

It irks me every time Raghav is labelled as an unsanskaari young man. He's anything but that! He's rowdy and impulsive and often child-like in his ways with his loved ones, but he's also God-fearing, faithful, loyal to no extent, and puts his elders on a very high pedestal. He could've easily hated his mother and sister for holding him accountable all these years, but he didn't. He could've easily resorted to the black instead of sticking with the grey - hell, he certainly has the money and power to bend the city at his whim and fancy.

I adore Raghav's character because of how well he balances his grey and how thoroughly he takes ownership for it. He understands that he wasn't always this entitled and that where he stands today is a very privileged position. That's why he exercises his power only where he deems necessary. Both Sunny and Mandaar could've easily been found dead months ago if Raghav was as evil or ruthless as he's often made to be. Raghav has single-handedly established his business and his identity on his own merit and it just sucks that he doesn't get any credit for that! 

Anyway, I gotta cut this short otherwise I can endlessly yap in Raghav's favour!  đŸ˜†

Side note: 

If Raghav's being provoked to mend his ways, then shouldn't Pallavi be equally provoked? She's just as flawed, albeit in different ways. Why not address her emotional dependency and her lack of ambition? What does she plan on doing with her life now? Is she content being a trophy wife or would she like to pursue further education, perhaps complete her Kathak course, or even open up a different saree ki dukaan? (WOW, itne time baad "ka" ki jagah "ki" kaha hai, the proper grammar sounds so odd! đŸ€Ł)

Edited by masin - 2 years ago
d.padmini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Super post...

Honestly more than Raghvi, 

Raghav rao, the born smart, grey and flawed yet lovable male lead is what made be return to ITV after almost 7-8 years ..the fact that he is not a typical ML of ITV who are dumb to core , brainless and spinless , attracted me to the show...  the larger than life persona, the aura , the swag , the way he treats his loved ones and his enemies, his smartness, his shrewdness, makes him  raghav rao , the don of Hyderabad , whom I love and adore to core and inspite of all the crap the makers are throwing I am still hooked to the show...

If they makers white wash him, make him bend or change because of Pallavi or make him poor because of sunny...well I can't tolerate, Tata bye bye from my side..

Merly thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

[QUOTE=d.padmini]

Super post...

Honestly more than Raghvi, 

Raghav rao, the born smart, grey and flawed yet lovable male lead is what made be return to ITV after almost 7-8 years ..the fact that he is not a typical ML of ITV who are dumb to core , brainless and spinless , attracted me to the show...  the larger than life persona, the aura , the swag , the way he treats his loved ones and his enemies, his smartness, his shrewdness, makes him  raghav rao , the don of Hyderabad , whom I love and adore to core and inspite of all the crap the makers are throwing I am still hooked to the show...

If they makers white wash him, make him bend or change because of Pallavi or make him poor because of sunny...well I can't tolerate, Tata bye bye from my side..

True dear i  love the character of raghav  đŸ€—which is shown after 10 years in ITV that is why i  am back to forum to express my love for the show

All other serials  men are consider a show piece ......