Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Mountains_Lakes

Hello! Now, that you're a Groupbie, let me know if you'd like to move chapter 2 under your reserved post.

Nah, it's fine. Thanks for asking though, and thanks for posting on my behalf!

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trust me, the pleasure was all mine. Couldn't wait to read the next part!

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Distance Makes Us Stronger Part III

He felt himself choke up hearing those words. All this time, he thought he was the only one who was miserable. Every time he had called her on the phone, she always sounded so happy, telling him of everything and anything happening in Somnath. Her stories were always rich with adventure that he never felt as though he was gone. In all these conversations, he was scared that if she asked him questions, she would be able to sense his emotions. So, he always made sure to cut the call before it was his turn.

"And why is that?"

Raavi huffed as she pushed him to the bed. After they both sat down, she turned to him and balled her hands into fists, "Because I have a lot of things to say to that liar!"

Alright, maybe she is evil. I was so happy thinking she felt the same, and she managed to crush me under ten trucks. A liar?! Who is she calling liar?

There was a reason he was scared of confessing. He could never predict Raavi's mood. Sometimes that girl was silly and loving. Other times, she became irrationally angry...

"A-and what type of things would you have to say?" he hated how choked up his voice sounded. He hated how small this room was, and he hated how his wife still believed he was some sort of figment of her imagination.

She took a deep breath, "First, I would give him an earful for leaving his cute, lovable wife all alone for not one, not, two, but three and a half weeks all alone in Somnath." She stood up from the bed with a hurt expression, "He's probably having the time of his life out there."

If you were wondering, no, I wasn't.

"Meanwhile, I'm stuck here," she glanced at the small confines of their room.

It was now filled with trinkets and drawings Raavi had personally made herself. Just above the bed, there was a picture of the him and Raavi, taken last Diwali. The almirah was half open, and he could clearly see his side, which didn't contain that much clothing, and her side which contained too much clothing. Even the little mirror they had. Raavi's makeup supplies were scattered and the mirror was littered with bindis on the side.

She occupied just about every space in this room, very similar to the space she took up in his heart.

She turned to him and whined, "After Shiva left, I had to play the role of peacemaker. Whenever Rishita and Dev fought, I would be the one to solve their problems. Whenever Dhara Di struggled in the kitchen, I was the one to help her out."

Shiva shook his head, acknowledging just how difficult his wife's life had been since he left.

What a drama queen. She did all of those things willingly before I left, and now she's complaining?

"Even Krish, poor boy must be craving for attention, because he comes to me every day for at least two minutes and tells me terrible jokes. I purposely laugh so he can feel better about himself!" she sat back down next him as he resisted the urge to laugh. "But then he never has the time of day to spend with me!" she huffed.

Before he left, he gave Krish concise instructions that he had to make Raavi happy. Or else those make-up pictures would be posted all over Somnath. Every time he called Krish, Krish sounded so happy and self-satisfied. But he supposed the true story was something else.

"Don't you think my life has been difficult?" she whined.

He straightened and nodded his head seriously, "Very."

"And now Shiva is going to miss our second anniversary," her frowned deepened as she hugged her knees a little bit tighter, "I know we're married in name only, but... he's my best friend. And I miss him." She rested her chin on her knees, "Even though tomorrow is not the happiest of days."

He quickly remembered the emotions he'd felt on the day. But he knew that out of the two of them, she certainly had it worse. She had her heart wretched out of her chest and put on display for ridicule by everyone in town.

"Raavi will never be able to marry Dev" actually came true, marking the end of her childhood. And she found out in the worst ways possible.

"But it's still a day we should be celebrating together," Raavi sighed.

Shiva couldn't help but clench his fists, "If that day really wasn't that happy, why don't you just not celebrate it?" Last year, he thought she was happy, but maybe she was hiding under a mask of sorrow.

What else do I not know about you Raavi?

He noticed the slight tremble in her fingers, and his heart pinched with pain.

"It's not a happy day, and I think it'll always remind me of how my childhood ended," her voice quivered.

Just as she couldn't forget the day, he couldn't forget it either.

Though they spent the better part of their lives fighting and bullying each other, they never let their emotions get to the best of them. He admits to have saying and doing quite a few hurtful things to her, but she always took his behavior in stride. She never complained to Dhara or to Mami, instead, she did her best to make him speechless with her comebacks.

It was probably why he continued to make fun of her. She was a formidable enemy.

But that day, he realized even the most formidable were human. Raavi was a girl who never once shed a tear, and on that day, she managed to shake his heart with guilt. As much as he wanted to feel happy she wasn't marrying Dev (and angry that she was marrying him instead), he stayed quiet and let her channel her emotions.

"Even though I don't like Dev, I always ask myself the 'What if?' questions. I always think about what would've happened if Rishita hadn't come back in time or if Shiva hadn't save me. Sometimes, I even ask myself what would've happened if I hadn't pushed for this marriage," her voice tapered off into silence.

For a moment, neither of them said anything.

"You know, Dream Shiva, I'm probably the unluckiest girl in Somnath."

You're not the unluckiest girl, Raavi.

"My parents passed away when I was young, my childhood sweetheart married another girl and left me at the mandap."

Even though, you're surrounded by people who love you. From Mom, Dhara bhabi, Gaumbi, my brothers, Rishita, even Mami who I thought was incapable of love.

"And the man I hated most became my pati."

Shiva swallowed uncomfortably.

So, she doesn't like me anymore than a friend, huh?

"Right now, that old man is roaming around the world while I'm stuck here," she turned to him with sadness reflecting in her eyes, "I wanted to replace those sad memories with happier ones," she sighed and turned away. "I wanted to cook for that angry grouch. I wanted to give him the shirt I bought for him last month. The shirt that matches my salwar, so when we went to the temple, everyone would know that he was mine, and mine only. And then, I wanted to take him to his beloved tree to give him the ring that I bought with my own money."

Her brows came together as she became lost in her thoughts, "He's so frustrating. I shouldn't feel this way about Shiva. Even after we've called our truce, he continues to mess with me, teasing me, making me angry. Even though he can lift 50 kg bags, he can't cook for his life, and he has the nerve to complain about my cooking."

"He can talk for hours on end with his Dhara Di, but every time I try to talk to him, he tries to cut the call or says excuses of being busy. And when he gets angry... I hate him even more. He thinks he's a hero, beating people up, but he doesn't realize how hurt his family gets when he hurts himself."

She let out a slow sigh, "But then he acts all cute and sweet. Whatever anger he has, he has even more love. He supports me every single time, even when it's his Dhara bhabi complaining about me. He always listens to my mindless rambles and never interrupts regardless of how boring my stories are. He takes care of me like a precious doll, and whenever I get hurt, he beats himself over it. He always turns into my superhero whenever I have a problem, and more recently, he's been letting me win every argument we have."

"He's the most frustrating man I've ever met," Raavi smiled softly, "but he also has a heart of gold."

"And I wanted to tell him all of this tomorrow, on our wedding anniversary so we could start together all over again, this time on a better note," Raavi sighed. "You know Dream Shiva, I'd be the luckiest girl in Somnath... no, in this world, if he loved me as much as I loved him."

Notes: Yes, yes, I know I am the worst human being in the world. Ending without letting you guys see what Shiva's reaction is a sin, but I had to end this somewhere before it became a dissertation. Also, I'm glad none of you were able to guess what I was planning on writing πŸ˜‚. For those of you curious for when the next update would be... I'm thinking sometime next Tuesday, though that all depends on how easy my classwork will be.

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Oh you were right alright! I really don't like you for ending it there. When it comes to ShiVi, length is never in question.

Unknowingly, Raavi's bared her whole heart to Shiva. Of course, I am waiting for his reaction. But I am also curious what he'll do. One thing is for sure that he'll make the next day perfect for her. Question is will he literally pretend to be genie now for the night and show up tomorrow? Or will he put her out of her misery?!

Tuesday just can't get here soon enough.

Princess15670 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wow the update was superb pliz continue writing it really want to know shiva's reaction after raavi told him about her thoughts pliz jaldi update karna ❀❀❀😍😍😍πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

LoverBollywood thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Loveed It...

Raavi just said everything What was in her heart..❀️

How will she react when she will know that it is the real Shiva and not Dream Shiva..

You can’t just stop there.😳

Cant wait till Tuesday.....

vivpri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘Œ She is going to be embarrassed to the moon πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ How i am going to survive till tuesday now without knowing Shiva's reaction? πŸ€”

raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thank you so much for these! These are like major bites of Shivi to gorge on while we wait for their mini bites on TV πŸ™ˆ

I was trying to write some FF myself and realised how difficult they are to write. Hats off!

TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Wonderful ❣️ Eagerly waiting for Shiva to confess..

Foxii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

I was scared when I started reading.... pata nahi kya hogaaa, because of ur warning that we might hate you.... But this is Mindblowing!!!

Raaaviii is the Best.

Glad Shiva gets to Know her feelings and also Raavis side of the story, that how she feels when he cuts the phone too soon etc

She knows about his Tree.. aww

Tuesday, hayeeee Can’t wait.

Thank you so much for Writing this, love it.