Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gurpreet113k thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hii Mam, How are You. Long time You didn't Update your story.  Update Really very Soon 💗

Edited by Gurpreet113k - 2 years ago
AliChase thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 100

Bani looked at the beautiful house that Veer has gifted her on her birthday. Remembering the story of the Cheel Rajkumar who used to own this place. The rustic theme interior was such a tale. Two start crossed lovers meeting each other every night secretly here. What people assumed to a ghost laughing should have been the two lovers laughing.

A lot was similar to that cheel Rajkumar and Veer/Aakesh. Both of them used to follow Markaat but love had changed their mind about Markaat. Both of them made a large change in their lives due to their love. Raksh had started a revolution to break away from Markaat. Several cheels broke away from Markaat after that. It changed the lives of cheels. Veer had killed Markaat and freed all the cheels from his tyranny.

Bani was in the library looking through the old books. She saw an old book. She sat on a chair and started reading it. It was an old book. The writings kept changing. Several people used this book. After reading through a few entries, Bani realized it was a diary that Cheel Rajkumars used. Each of them would write something in it. Something that only Cheel Rajkumars would know. It was written in old language. Bani had started to learn some old language from Daksh. She had come close enough to be able to read slowly. If not as fast as she read Hindi and English, she could at least read like a toddler who has just started learning sentences. Writing would be an issue but reading was considerably better.

Several pieces of writing. The first one was written a few years after Markaat was imprisoned and locked up. Accounts of a few incidents.

I’m amazed by the Earth’s bearing ability 
Living among all the tyranny with honesty
For once I wonder how powerful hope is
Amid all the tyranny of captivity
Earth wouldn’t forget to keep going
The wish I have from the Goddess is
For her to lend me this strength
To live my life to all its length
So I do not give up to this
tiring life of futility
Endlessly fighting the light away from us
This exhaustion is getting to me slowly
I hope the Goddess saves me.

Bani was almost amazed. Every Cheel Rajkumar had mirrored that feeling. They felt tired of the pointless things that Markaat often made them do. So strangely uncharacteristic of cheels. Bani mused that maybe it was the blood of Garud which made them think that.

She kept reading ahead and she saw an entry that Aakesh had made. His writing was slightly sloppy, almost as if he was writing when he was drunk.

I suppose it is funny to ask. Why am I so different? Everyone seems to be happy. They don’t seem to feel like captive birds but this odd feeling of emptiness keeps gripping me. I don’t understand why I feel this empty. Like something is missing. Something I have never stopped looking for. Something I keep yearning for. Not that I understand what it is but the man at the temple says that I feel emptiness of feeling that I am not doing anything fulfilling. Not opening my wings to fly into that freedom. Anyway, writing this itself is stupid. Pages don’t write back and answer the questions clawing away in my mind. I don’t know why I am writing this here because it is pointless but the ink and the quill lies on the table and the pages seemed empty.

It is an odd feeling. I don’t feel attached to anything all. Like there is nothing I would miss when I die. Nothing I would want to be reborn for. Nothing specifically that I want to live for. This odd emptiness keeps eating me away. Maa used to feel the same until the day she came across Hari. The eternal lord as they call him.

Is that truly so fulfilling that she didn’t mind dying for it? I remember her last word was Hari. That is all she wished to say before she was killed. I keep looking for the same but can’t seem to find it or maybe I don’t see it.

Kakot thinks I’m going mad for thinking about Narayan because it might as well lead me to my death. Though I have to admit, the song of the birds at the temple is really beautiful. The way they sing praises of Narayan and Garud. The two songs they sing. They speak of things I’ve never even heard. When they sing it that way, it seems like they’re in love with him. Then again, when say Sri Hari, it does sound really beautiful. Maybe I am going mad. I never have been the one for devotion or such silliness. The birds often sing to me the stories of Narayan. How he had saved an elephant from the jaws of a crocodile.\

Bani was quite surprised. Aakesh did sound empty like that. It was so different from what she thought of him. He didn’t want to be all that he is known for, he just did it to fill that emptiness with something. Doing whatever it takes to fill that emptiness desperately that seemed to eat him away.

Every Cheel Rajkumar had felt the same loneliness because no one else would understand that predicament of their mind.

The next page had a painting of Nageshwari. Downright to every detail, it was perfect, a bit of it smudged like he had ran his fingers over the painting before it dried properly. She herself had never felt that her form as Nageshwari looked that beautiful. It was exactly when Hriday was beating him but he just watched her. The pain in her eyes.

Bani ran her fingers over the picture of Nageshwari. It was the craziest feeling she had. The part of her which was always attached to her, pained to see that he was being attacked like that. She didn’t want to fight like that but a part of her didn’t want to stop Hriday either. Feeling the same pain that Aakesh did but not doing anything about it.

Pyaar ne kiya bhi kuch aisa jaadu ki ek pal mein hi sabh kuch uska ho gaya. Iss pyaar ke naam apna sabh kuch kar diya. Na hosh hai na hi hosh aane ki chaht hai. Jaise suraj kia ag mein jal rahe hai par iss jalne mein bhi kya khoobsurati hai. Uske haathon toh maut bhi qubool hai.

Bani sighed reading that in the next page. Then went back to read the previous page. The difference in both of them made all the sense. Aakesh’s obsession with Nageshwari staged from this emptiness. She gave Aakesh the freedom from that emptiness. Just in the first sight, she filled that emptiness in his life. The light he was looking for. It was just a first sight attraction but Aakesh was quick to make it his obsession. He never felt so strongly attached to anything. Attraction has always been powerful. Filling someone to the top and causing chaos. Aakesh turned this chaos into a full-fledged forest fire and storms. He wanted it. Love is formed with many other things. 10,000 years of living in it, Veer had turned the obsession to love and possessiveness. Aakesh wanted to escape the emptiness and Nageshwari give the offer. He grabbed it with both his talons and refused to let go of it. Veer had learnt that when you truly love someone, you are willing to let them have their freedom that everyone craves. Aakesh wanted to own Nageshwari but Veer had learnt to let her own his heart.

She kept reading ahead and saw a painting of Aakesh. It was Raksh’s entry. The Cheel Rajkumar who had this house.

Pyaar ya phir cheel. Main yeh socta hi raha tha. Cheel Rajkumar toh aaye the aur aate rahenge par zidd se kisi ko pyaar karne waale bohot hi kam hote hai. Agar ishq karne ki saza maut hai, toh hume maut hi Manzoor hai. Apne pyaar ki baahon mein fanah hone ki kya kismat hai, yeh toh bas pyaar karne waale hi jaante hai.

Maine seekha tha ki sirf ladne se hi takat ka pata chalta hai par Aakesh ko dekha toh samajh aaya ki takat iss baat mein hai ki pyaar mein kya karne ki himmat hai. Apni duniya badal sakte ho apne pyaar ke liye toh tum takatwar ho. Usse badi takat kaha? Tumhare pyaar mein kuch takat hi aisi ho ki sabse takatwar cheel ko bhi yahi lage ki agar tumhe nahi roka toh uski haar tay hai. Abh isse zyaada takat kiske paas ho sakti hai?

Bani smiled. Aakesh’s story had inspired Raksh also to break away from Markaat and stand by his love. It was odd that Aakesh’s obsession had let Raksh free himself from all the chains that kept him captive.

It was an odd circle. Aakesh had inspired Raksh and Raksh had inspired Veer to strive towards her and keep going.

Kisi din tum ise padho toh samajh lena ki tumhe jahan hona tha, tum wahi ho, Nageshwari.

That surprised Bani the most. Did they always know that she was supposed to because Veer’s?

Bani closed the book and went down looking for Veer. He was trying to decorate the cake.

“Veeranshu
.” Bani demanded his attention.

“Haan bolo.” He didn’t look up.

“Suno
”

“Haan sun raha hun. Bolo toh.”

“Yahan dekhoge.”

Veer sighed and looked up at her, “Kya hua?”

“Ek baat batao, jaise Sam ke paas shakti hai future dekhne ki, kya Raksh ke paas bhi thi?”

Veer scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. Then seeing the book in her hands, he chuckled.

“Oh
. Tum woh book padh rahi ho. Nahi. He’s not clairvoyant par ek vote of confidence tha. Let’s say ki Cheel Rajkumar are good at sensing things. Bas feel ho jata hai ki kuch hone waala hai. Raksh broke off all the cheels from Markaat. He knew that it wasn’t going to sit well with Markaat. The only other one who broke Markaat’s authority openly was Aakesh. That crazy kind of love had always bothered Markaat. At least Aakesh’s craziness did scare Markaat. Matlab Aakesh ke comparison mein main thoda sa tamed dikhta hun toh Markaat ne pehle expect nahi kiya tha ki it would push me that far. I guess you can say ki Raksh just hoped ki ek din Aakesh apni story puri kar lega. I mean, he must have heard from naagvansh. Naagvansh mein toh bohot pehle se hi yeh pata tha ki Nageshwari phir se janam legi. Toh he must have heard that and assumed story will be finished. If there is anything that could drive me to do something then it is you.”

“There is painting of Nageshwari. Aakesh ne banayi thi?”

Bani showed the painting. Veer laughed.

“Well, I do remember painting as Aakesh. Like a very young Aakesh used to paint. Like just scenery and stuff but you know how toxic masculinity works. All that was considered waste of time. Dad wanted him to concentrate on building their strength and things. So, he stopped painting. Also, after his mom’s death, it caused a block. He couldn’t paint the same way again. Toh he just gave up. Uske baad. Long after, Nageshwari gave him the inspiration. Bas
 Trust me, I wish I could still paint but unfortunately, I can’t. Trust me, I’m terrible at painting. Itni high expectation mat rakhna ki main tumhari painting banau. Teer bhai would have managed but my hands are better at pleasing.”

Bani threw one of the apples in the fruit bowl. Veer caught it and laughed.

“What? Making cocktails also pleases people
” He tried to act coy. “Hmphhh
. Dirty thought tumhare dimaag mein hai aur blame mujhe kar rahi ho.”

“So, you know Aakesh inspired Raksh, right?”

“Haan. Of course, mujhe dekho, sweetheart, matlab mujhse inspire nahi hue toh kisse honge?”

“Veeranshu
”

“Arrey? Kya? Seriously.”

“You were inspired by Raksh and Raksh was inspired by Aakesh. Like an odd circle.”

“Haan. Because what inspires everyone is love. Love for someone or something inspires everyone. Raksh was inspired by Aakesh to choose his love. Raksh inspired me to keep going towards love. When you have proofs of centuries of your predecessors then you do end up believing that fact that if you find love, we have to grab it with both hands and not let it go.”

“I don’t know why but saare cheel rajkumaro mein ek cheez common hai. Un sabhko yahi lagta tha ki they’re not really happy. That odd kind of unhappiness.”

Veer shrugged his shoulders. “I know. It is an odd feeling to be honest. Like you’re on top of the world. All the cheels and birds bow down to you but that feeling of emptiness of being alone on the top.”

“Tumhe bhi lagta tha?”

Veer thought for a moment. “My emptiness stemmed from a point of wanting you.”

“Tumhe pehle pata bhi nahi tha.”

“Well, if there is one thing that I know about love, toh woh yeh hai ki love has nothing to do with memory. Pyaar toh aatma mein hoti hai. Love is meant for the soul. Bas ek second ka bhi saccha pyaar mile toh puri zindagi koi daav pe laga sakta hai. At least I will.”

Bani wondered if Veer had ever figured out about the fact that he had met Narayan himself when he was Aakesh.

“Accha
 you know that person you met as Aakesh
”

“Haan?”

“What do you know about him?”

“Kyu puch rahi ho? It isn’t important. Haan
 he did sort of prophesize that you and I would meet and that I will fall in love with you. But kyu puch rahi ho?”

“Nahi
 woh
.”

The question kept tapping into Bani’s mind. When they had managed to saved the Lal Tekdi Mandir and its secret, she knew that Narayan had been the one who returned Veer’s powers. Other than that, everything seemed confusing. He was around Veer several times. Still, Bani couldn’t understand why Narayan never met Veer and told him who he was.

“You know what!!!” Veer suddenly remembered something. He dashed towards the library. Messily looking through all the books there. Until he found something. A box. He opened it. There was much dust over it. He opened the pouch that was kept in the box. There was a rudraksha bead in it.

“Rudraksh? Woh bhi cheelon ke paas?” Bani was surprised.

“Yeh tumhare liye hai.” Veer gave it to her.

“Mere liye?” Bani was surprised.

“The first time Aakesh saved Nageshwari, remember that?” Bani nodded a yes. “That night, Aakesh wahan mandir ke paas gaya tha. Wahan bansuri wale ne Aakesh ko yeh diya. He said ki Adi-Naagin ko dena.”

Bani took the rudraksh. She smiled. It might be just a rudraksh but it was a gift from Narayan himself. I was definitely special.

Bani thought of it. Why did Narayan ever tell Aakesh or Veer who he really was? She was sure of it that it would have made such a huge difference in his life and by addition, all the Singhania Cheels. Veer was someone who believed that he wasn’t a good person but she felt that if Narayan revealed to him who he really is, Veer would believe himself that he is a good person.

“Veeranshu, tumhe sach mein unke baare mein kuch nahi pata?” Bani asked.

“Bani, I don’t understand. Tumhe itna curiosity kyu hai? Bohot saare log aate the uss mandir mein toh why is he that special?”

“Kyu he is special.” Bani muttered so softly the Veer didn’t hear it. Bani looked at the rudraksh.

Perhaps, even if she did tell him, he wouldn’t believe it. Maybe that is why even Narayan didn’t tell him. Aakesh didn’t need a God to guide him. He needed a friend to guide him. Veer wouldn’t go to a God asking for help. He would go to a friend for help. Veer wouldn’t believe on the kindness shown to him by a God. He would care for a friend showing him love and affection.

Bani stood there looking at the Rudraksh. Bani had always found herself by her Bholenath. Even in the darkest hour, she had him to guide her.

Veer heard the faint sound of a flute. A smile came to his face. He walked ahead towards the sound of it to find him sitting there.

“Tumhari umar definitely lambi hai, dude. Abhi abhi Bani tumhare baare mein puch rahi thi.” Veer said. He looked at Veer and give him a 4000-watt smile.

“Haan, aayu toh meri dheergh hi hai.” He casually jumped off the tree with the grace of a cat.

“Bani se miloge? Kabh se puch rahi hai.”

“Main Bani se kisi aur samay par milunga parantu iss samay tumse milne aaya hun.”

Veer looked at the cake he prepared and offered him a piece of cake. “Tumhe waise bhi mithayi pasand hai.”

Narayan smiled at Veer. Veer had always been a wonderful friend. Anyone who one truly became friends with him would always find him when they needed him. His ways could be wrong or right but he wouldn’t ever let his friend destroy their lives.

“Kuch kehna tha?” Veer asked him. Narayan was eating the cake. A bit of the frosting left on his lips once it was finished. Veer smiled. The man before him had always looked so beautiful that one can’t help but find him adorable at time. Veer wiped off the frost from his lips with a handkerchief. “Bacche ki tarah kha rahe ho.”

“Jo mujhe jis prakar se dekhna chahta hai, main unhe usi prakar se dikhta hun.”

“Wow. And you’re back to being cryptic. Anyway, kya kehne aaye the.”

“Veeranshu, jeevan ka chakra rukta nahi hai. Jo marte hai, woh punah Jeevan bhi prapt karte hai. Raja hona itna khatin nahi hota jitna ek Rajkumar ka pita hona khatin hai.”

“Yeah
 woh Bani ka prank tha. Bani pregnant nahi hai.”

“Aaj nahi hai parantu sambhav toh hai ki 8 varsh paschaat use santaan prapt ho?”

“Possible toh hai but kehna kya chahte ho?”

He smiled at Veer. “Jis prakaar tumhe badalne ke liye bas ek kshan laga, sambhavtah kisi aur ko badalne mein ek kshan hi lage?”

“Umm
 kya? Kise badalna hai? Aur maine NGO thodi na khol rakhi hai ki rehabilitation centre khol dun?”

“Socho. Koi aur hai jismein tumhe Aakesh dikhe. Kadachit uss Aakesh ko bhi Keshav ki aawashyakta ho.”

“Theek hai. Toh jab mere saamne aayega toh main le aaunga use tumhare paas. Tum kar dena uski madad. I don’t mind introducing people.”

“Tum uske Keshav bano.”

“Main? Main kyu?”

“Kyuki uchit sahayta wahi vyakti kar sakta hai jise durse vyakti par beet rahi peedha ka Anubhav ho. Main sabhki sahayta karne ke liye tatpar rehta hun parantu, har vyakti ho prayas karna chahiye. Sambhavta main use saralta se na milu.”

“Ek minute. Is this your way of asking me ki main tumhare kisi dost ki help karun?”

Narayan chuckled.

“Woh mujhe jo samjhe main wahi hun. Kshatru, mitra ya dev.”

Veer didn’t hear the last part.

“Fine. But at least koi sign de dena ki tumhara dost aane waala hai. Toh I’ll be prepared.” Veer told him.

“Veeranshu
” They heard Bani.

“Sweetheart
” Veer went up to her.

“Kaha chale gaye?” Bani asked. He turned to point to the place where Narayan was there but now it was empty. All that was left was a tiny conch shell.

"Anyway... chalo... lunch kar le?" Bani asked. Veer put his arm around Bani. 

"You know, this is perfect. Tum aur main. Koi problems nahi. Koi dushman nahi. Koi khatra nahi. Bas tum aur main. Aur sirf romance." Veer told her. 

Bani kissed Veer and smiled at him. 

"Baat toh sahi hai. After everything that has happened. Tum aur main ek saath hai. I wish ki hum dono humesha hi ek saath rahe. Every lifetime, every time." 

GIF

AliChase thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Epilogue

8 Years later

Bani was sitting on the sofa and ate chips.

“Bhabhi, share please
.” Ponky asked for chips.

“Shoo off. Main nahi share kar rahi.” Bani shooed him off.

“Pleaaasseeee
.” He tried to make a puppy dog face. Banilaughed.

“Snakes don’t melt at puppy dog faces.” She stuck my tongueat him. Both of them started having a pillow fight with couch pillows. Theywere around the whole living room fighting with pillow. Daksh also joined theparty. Bani shifted into her naagin form. They had been around it quitesometimes now. Ponky had finally begun to warm up to it.

The snake looked really defensive. Ponky assumed it was Baniin the mood to play. He turned into an eagle and tried to play fight with her. Itwas recurring thing between them. Like cats and dogs, Bani and Daksh-Ponkywould go on with their Cheel-Naagin play fights. More often than not, the twoboys always lose.

The 29-foot-long blood red cobra pulled up the hood and hissedviolently. The two large fangs out open threateningly. It also coiled itselfclosely. She hissed a few more times. Then went for the attack. It was so swiftthat Ponky escaped it just by an inch.

Ponky got startled at the sudden reaction and fell down,stumbling.

“Bhabhi??” Ponky asked. “Okay fine. Share mat karo. Chips keliye itna gussa?”

Bani turned back into her human. She looked mortifiedherself that she almost attacked Ponky.

“Theek ho?” Bani asked. Even Ponky could noticed she lookedabsolutely scared.

“Bhabhi, kya hua? Aapne aise achanak se react kiya?” Ponkyasked.

“Main
” Bani didn’t answer and ran up to her room. All theanimals have one thing that humans don’t. The female of a species is aware whenthey are pregnant. Except for humans. Humans wouldn’t find out on their ownuntil the bump becomes visible but animals know it way before that part.

The same goes for snakes. Female species usually know whenthey’re pregnant. They are way more defensive around that time. Wouldn’t letany creature come close. King Cobra females are especially more protectiveabout the eggs. Anywhere close to the nest and you can guarantee an attack fromher.

Bani felt it when she had turned into her naagin form. Ittook 120 seconds. That is when her inner snake got defensive against the eagle.When it flew towards her, she attacked him. A moment later, she realized it wasPonky and she returned to her human form. Her snake form only recognized theflying species as a threat. Especially to the baby inside her.

Bani stood before the mirror and looked at herself. She puther hand over her pelvis where the uterus is hidden. She felt it in her snakeform. When she’s in her naagin form, all the things that regular animalsexperience, she does too. But she wanted to confirm it. She called the firstperson she knew that would have an idea. Aishwarya.

“Haan, Bani, bolo
” Aishwarya said.

“Bua, aap kaha ho?” Bani asked.

“Abhi hospital mein hun. Abhi bas 10 minutes pehle eksurgery puri ki hai. Tum batao. Kya baat hai? Usually, you call in theevening.”

“Abhi main hospital aau toh chalega? Aap busy ho?”

“Nahi. Aa jaao. But hua kya hai?”

“Main aake batata hun.”

Bani took a bag and walked down.

“Bani bitiya, aap kuch khaa ke chale jaaiye.” Ramesh kakasuggested.

“Sorry, Kaka. Main na bua se saath khaana kha lungi.” Shedashed off.

“Bhabhi
” Ponky and Daksh tried to speak to her but shedashed off in her car. Veer had gifted her a car after she had finished herpost-graduation. She drove up to Aishwarya’s hospital. Aishwarya was talking toone of the patients. She saw Bani walked up to her. The two went to her cabin.

“Okay, abh batao. Kya hua? You look terrified.”

“I’m not very sure but I think I’m pregnant.” Bani said.

“Kya?”

“Haan. See. Main aur Ponky bas masti kar rahe the. Phirmaine apna Naagin roop liya aur tabh bas feel hua. I’m not sure.”

Aishwarya smiled. “Mostly toh that is accurate. Humansgenerally do not have the ability par baaki saare janwaro mein yeh hota hai.Their female species will know that they are carrying babies. Agar naagin roopmein feel kiya hai toh it is accurate.”

“I want to be really sure.”

“Bani, agar human tareeke se confirm karna hai toh take apregnancy test.”

“I wasn’t sure ki kya karun. Matlab main naagin hun toh itis going to be a bit different. Humari chemistry aur biology different hotihai. Toh mujhe idea nahi tha ki kya karun.”

“Haan but the most accurate way to confirm it is anultrasound. Considering tumhe accurately toh idea nahi hoga when you conceivedit. Ultrasound will be able to tell you but agar tumhe feel hua hai toh I’llguess you should be around 5-6 weeks. Usually, animals will figure it out quicklybecause mating is done specifically for the purpose of reproduction unlike us.The other animals figure out that a female is pregnant once the implantationoccurs. Ek baar embryo uterus mein attach ho jaaye toh they figure it out withscent. There are changes in scents. Which is around 4 weeks. But ultrasound sehi pata chal sakta hai. But guess hai ki atleast 4 weeks toh ho gaya hoga.”

“Toh main ultrasound book karau? Like take an appointment.”

“Mera department toh nahi hai but I have a friend. Dekh ke puchtehai. Abhi free hai toh we can get it. Warna phir appointment book kara lo. Noharm done.”

Aishwarya took her ahead. She went and spoke to her friend.She was colleague and long-time friend of hers.

“Of course, yeh bhi puchne ki baat hai? Come.” Lavanya gotBani inside. Bani laid down on the bed. Aishwarya and Lavanya sat on a chair. Thegel was really cool against her skin. She had never had an ultrasound before inher life. The ultrasound sensed and showed something on the screen. Aishwaryahad a smile. Bani had no idea what she was seeing. She had no idea what theywere looking at.

“Kahan dikh raha hai? Kya dikh raha hai?” Bani asked,curious. Aishwarya pointed to a small spot on the screen.

“Baby. Tumhara baby hai.” It was nothing more than a spot onthe screen. “Should be around 6 weeks.”

Bani looked at it. An odd feeling entered her. The fact thatshe had a baby. It was no bigger than an inch. Just a spot at the moment. Itwas a totally different feeling. Something she had never felt. A life wasgrowing inside her. So, tiny and vulnerable inside her. Something so sharplydifferent than anything. Bani didn’t feel that even when she had started herown advertising company and managed to do a good job quickly enough.

“Congratulation.” Lavanya smiled.

A part of her was happy but then there was more worry. Shepractically had no idea how or what to expect. This was hers and Veer’s baby.How is Veer going to react? The last time she brought the topic of baby, Veerfreaked out. She said nothing until they were in Aishwarya’s cabin. Aishwaryawas looking at the sonography results. Then noticed the worry on her.

“Bani, kya baat hai?”

“I don’t know ki main kya feel karun. Kitne saare sawaalhai. Veer kya kahega? Would he be okay with this? Aur yeh baccha
 I mean kyahai yeh baby? I don’t want another of Chandrakala’s species. Mujhse handle nahihoga. Extremely uncomfortable memories hai Chandrakala se judi hui. Main nahihandle kar sakti another of that kind. I know that as mother I should lovewhatever my baby but it is really uncomfortable to see anything with theremains of Chandrakala.”

Bani started to panic. Aishwarya chuckled.

“Bani, yeh baccha koi aasmaan se tapka hua nahi hai. You andVeer had sex. And hello babies happen when you have sex. Itna toh tumhe bhipata hai. Even if we’re supernatural, babies happen the same way. Koi asmaan sediya vardaan nahi hai.”

“Par yeh baby hai kya? I need to be prepared for what I’mgoing to deal with.”

Aishwarya brought out a paper.

“You know gender of the baby is decided by a chromosome,right? Either x or y. Dono mein se koi ek aata hai. Exception ki baat alag hai.So, same way. Genetically naag-naagin banne ki ability bhi 3 chromosomes pedepend karta hai. Un teen chromosomes ke wajah se genetic mutation hota hai.Yeh three chromosomes, teen alag alag ability to control karta hai. Ek ke wajahse kisi bhi insaan ka roop lene ki ability milti hai. Dusre ke wajah se kisibhi saanp ka roop lene ki shakti milti hai. Apna size aur shape change karsakte hai naagin roop mein. Teesra jo hai yeh control karta hai humara originalnaagin aur original insaani roop. The one we acquire at birth. Agar yeh teenochromosomes aaye tabh hi possible hai ki hum icchadhari naagin ban sake. Warnanahi ho sakta. Ek baar yeh teeno aa jaaye toh it is confirmed that the childwill be icchadhari naag ya naagin. Although, yeh teeno chromosomes ke aane kiprobability 30% hai. Teeno aaye toh confirm naagvansh se hai. Nahi aaya tohnormal insaan hoga jiske paas tumhare human hisse ke genetics hai.”

Bani nodded in understanding as Aishwarya explained with adiagram.

“Abh cheelon mein yeh transformation sirf ek chromosome seaata that. The one that controls shift between their human form and their cheelform. Ek hi cheel aur ek hi insaani roop hota hai. Yeh chromosome aaya tohconfirm baccha cheel ban sakta hai. Kyuki humare mutation teen chromosomes kewajah se hote hai, teeno ko activate hone mein time lagta hai. But kyukicheelon mein yeh transformation sirf ek hi chromosome se aata that it isactivated at birth. Jaise ande se nikle hue chote se bird baby ke paas pankhhote hai, waise hi cheelon ke bhi hote hai. But the probability ki yeh ekchromosome aayega is 90%. Bohot hi rare cases mein aisa hota hai ki baby normalinsaan hoga. But kyuki yeh ek possibility hai, cheel aur insaan kam hi saathrehte hai. Markaat koi chance nahi lena chahta tha. Isiliye Markaat insistkarta tha ki cheel apne vansh ke bahar shaadi nahi kar sakte. So, jab donoparents cheel honge toh possibility 100% hai.”

“Toh matlab 70% chance hai ki baby cheel hoga aur 30% kibaby naag ya naagin hoga.” Bani asked. Aishwarya nodded.

“Dekho. Main 100% gurantee nahi de sakti but this what Iknow. But if the genetics is what we base our suggestions one toh you can’thave Chandrakala like creature. Rest assured you’re not giving birth todragons.” She chuckled.

“Dragons sound better than what Chandrakala used to be like.A damned flying snake. I can’t. I can’t deal with that.”

“It should either be a member of naagvansh or a cheel.Nature mein generally aisa kuch exist nahi kar sakta. You can’t have a snakewith wings. Pegasus phir bhi exist kar sakta hai but not a creature which hastwo very specific characteristic of two predator-prey animals.”

Bani’s phone rang. Veer was calling her.

“Hello
” Bani answered.

“Bani, kya hua? Ponky aur Daksh pagal ho gaye hai ki tumhekuch ho gaya hai. You’re fine?”

“Haan. I’m fine.”

“Idiot
 kuch bhi bolte ho ki Bani mein koi bhoot ghus gayahai
” Veer told the boys over the phone.

“Koi bhoot vhoot nahi hai
” Bani cleared out.

“Haan, but tum ho kahan? Kuch khaaya bhi nahi. Bas aise hichali gayi.”

“Nahi
 nahi
 aisa kuch nahi hai. I’ll tell you later.”

Bani didn’t know if he would be prepared for it. Veerenjoyed his generally carefree life. He liked not being stuff with suchresponsibilities. Having baby did mean that a lot of things change. He can’t goout partying whenever he wished to party. Unplanned trips were no longerpossible. Would he be able to take it? Bani sighed.

“Bani, every parent is freaked out jab unhe pata chalta haithat they are going to be parents. Even I was worried. Of course, changes aregoing to be huge. Kaafi saari cheezein chodni padengi par we also bring newexperiences. No parents are perfect. Jaise meri maa aur papa bhi perfect nahihai but never meant that they don’t love us the same. They have different ideasand ideology par pyaar toh hota hai.” Aishwarya assured her.

“There is so much going on right now. I’m running a companywhich I have started like just five year ago. Phir Naagvansh ki zimmedari haimujhe pe. Uske upar se we have no idea what to expect. Aur phir yeh bhi nahipata ki Veeranshu accept karega bhi yaa nahi. Aapko pata Veeranshu kaisa hai.Masti aur party karne se fursat nahi hai use.”

“Bani, saans lo. How about you let Veer make his owndecision?”

Bani sighed and nodded. She returned home after talking toher for sometime while sitting in a café. Honestly, she felt nice after talkingto her for a while.

“Sweetheart, kaha chali gayi thi? Itni der?” Veer asked witha grin. He and the boys were playing pool. On a whim, they had bought a pooltable. Bani’s pool game did get a lot better. After the first few weeks, theyhardly used it. Just recently after Meera argued that it had become a waste ofspace, they started playing pool again. Ponky hid behind Veer.

“Mujhe lagta hai ki Bhabhi mein koi bhoot hai. Matlab almostmujhe das liya tha.”

“Waise agar main bani ki jagah hota aur tune mujhe chipsmaange hote toh main bhi das leta. Chal hat
” Veer taunted him.

“Veer bhai!!” He exclaimed. The two started playing with thecue sticks.

“Acha, suno
” Bani told Veer. “Tumse baat karni hai.”

“Bolo, Gharwali. Sun raha hun.”

Bani grabbed his shirt and dragged him away into thekitchen.

“Easy, Bani, easy.” He pushed her against the counter andput both his hands on either side of her. Bani stopped him before he got moreplayful. That made him stop. Bani’s expression was clear. She was going to talkabout something serious. “Kya baat hai?”

“Veeranshu
” Bani started. He nodded at her to continue.

“I might be pregnant.”

“There’s a might option?” He joked. She shoved him. Helaughed. “Bani, come on. Either you are pregnant or you’re not. Yeh might walaoption nahi aayega. I don’t think pregnancy kits have ‘might be pregnant’option.”

“They’re not always 100% accurate.”

“Bani, point toh yeh nahi hai na. Point yeh hai ki tumpregnant ho ya nahi
”

“What if I am?” Bani tested the water. Veer kissed herforehead.

“You are?”

“Veeranshu, bas jawab do. Tum
”

“Is that a cliched thing about you worrying ki mujhe babychahiye ya nahi?”

Bani shoved him away for joking with her.

“Haan.”

Veer gave her a tight hug.

“Sweetheart, I love you.” He grinned.

He kissed her with the greatest grin on his face. Bani was abit surprised. She was presuming there would be so much of panicking and somuch drama.

“Kya hua? You’re not happy?” Veer asked her.

“Nahi.. aisa nahi hai. I thought you wouldn’t want a baby.”

“Mujhe kyu nahi chahiye hoga? Sweetheart, tumne mujhe shaadike saal pura hone se pehle hi baby maang liya, you really thought I wouldn’tprepare myself?”

“Nahi
 kyuki when we pranked you about it that time, youfreaked out toh
”

“Gharwali, uss baat ko hue 8 saal hog aye hai. Come on. 8saal bohot hote hai prepare hone ke liye.”

That heaved her some relief. If both of them would panicthen it would have been worse. Since Veer was relaxed, Bani let herself panic abit.

“Veeranshu, mujhe nahi pata main kya karun. I mean.. baby.It’s a freaking child. Matlab kaam aur baby dono kaise handle karungi? And whatif the baby goes around looking like Chandrakala. That disgusting snake withwings
”

“Bani
 Bani
 relax. It will not be a flying snake like that.Unless someone asks specifically for it, they cannot have be both snake and aneagle.” Veer told her. He was actually excited when Bani saw the look in hiseyes. He dashed off the kitchen to tell everyone that him and Bani were havinga baby.

Everyone was sitting at the dining table. “Okay, Singhanias,we have good news.” Veer announced. “Bani and I are having a baby.”

“Oh teri
 mujhe laga bhoot tha. Pata chala, yeh toh babynikla.” Ponky laughed.

“Congratulations
” Meera hugged her sister. Tapish looked atBani and laughed.

“Kya, Bani? Yahan toh opposite ho raha hai. I thought you’dbe excited and Veer would be panicking. Ulta tum panic kar rahi ho aur Veerexcited hai.” Tapish teased.

“Tapish bhai
 main bata nahi sakta. Like I’m so excited toteach the baby how fly
” Veer jumped up on the table.

The mention of flying came into Bani’s ears and she zonedout. She looked around the house and such things came into her mind. The sharpedges of painting. The chandeliers on the roof. The fan overhead. The marblefloor.

“Nahi
” Bani said. Everyone turned around. “I am not readyfor a flying baby. Like zameen ko baby proof karte hai yeh pata tha but how thehell does one baby proof the ceiling? Nahi nahi
 agar fan se takra ke chot laggayi toh. Waise bhi baby bohot delicate hota hai. Or worse, jhumar pe udte udteatak gaya toh? What if the baby randomly falls down while flying? Aur agar mainghar pe nahi rahi uss time toh?”

Bani started pacing and almost got herself worried. “Bani
”Tapish stopped her. All the Singhania men started laughed.

“Yeh mazak lag raha hai kya???” She asked.

“Bani
 Bani, saans lo. Sit.” Tapish made her. “Bani, therenot going to be any flying baby. If the baby ends up being a cheel, toh likeall hatclings, baby ko time lagega apne wings develop karke udna seekhne mein.It will take atleast 14 months for it to develop wings properly. Motordevelopment uske baad normal human babies jaisa hi hota hai. Wings develop hojaayenge but the baby wouldn’t know how to use them to fly. They learn how toflap their wings slowly. It will take them two years to learn the exactmovement that will allow them to fly. They will be around 4 or 5 by the timethey first learn how to fly. You don’t need to baby proof the ceiling. Agarpaida hote hi cheel udne lagte toh dad ghar pe jhumar pankhe lagwaate hi nahi.Tumhare pati ko dekha hai. Agar paida hote hi udne lagte na toh Dad ke saarebaal jhad gaye hote. Chachu ke baache nahi hote. Veer ko dekh ke hi traumatizeho jaaye.”

Everyone laughed at that. Bani looked at Tapish.

“Bani, you don’t have to worry. It will be fine.” Tapishassured her.

“What if I mess up?”

“Bani, all you need to do for a child is be present in theirlife. Unke liye yeh bohot hota hai. They’ll themselves let you know how to betheir parent.”

“Tapish bhai, aap experience se baat kar rahe ho?” Ponkytried to tease him.

“Who do you think raised you?” Pawan asked Ponky. “Use kaafiexperience hai. Tum sabhko handle kiya hai I’m sure that is good enough of anexperience.”

“Bani, the last person who can mess up parenting is you. Tupareshaan mat ho. I’m sure ki you’ll be the best mom.” Meera assured her andwrapped her arms around Bani.

“Pakka?”

“Of course, Bani.”

While the Singhania started to prepare for the arrival ofVeer and Bani’s baby, by them shamshaan, the aghori felt a familiar soul energysignal.

“Bholenath, shayad aapka khel phir shuru hua hai. Kahani eknaye mod par aayi hai. Kirdaar wahi hai par kya pata kahaani nayi? Phir sekahani badalne ki soch li hai aapne. Kon dost hai aur kon dushman, yeh bhi patanahi. Kya pata iss baar kaisi kahani likhi hai tune. Teri maya tu hi jaane.”

The aghori’s laugh rang around the shamshaan.

================

I'm so sorry ki itna time liya maine post karne mein but now we have come to the end of this fanfic. Kahaniya khatam hoti hai pyaar nahi. 

Simaya21 thumbnail

Who's coming as their child...is it raksh or Suryash

Gurpreet113k thumbnail

Love Love & Love ♄đŸ„ș

Gonna miss it very much badly...

It's been a great Journey ❀

Can't get enough of this Story Ally 

Edited by Gurpreet113k - 2 years ago
Andetheres thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

A new twist in the last.  An unexpected ending. But loved it. Vani’s child is a ________. 

Amazing updateS. Beautifully written.