Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

Exactly. ๐Ÿ˜† Not only did it not work, it created a commotion such as this thread. 

This thread is a fine example of a troll thread, meant to stoke the fires. ๐Ÿ˜† There's never a boring day on IF. ๐Ÿ˜†

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Can you read? I said there are exceptions. Many people choose not to work because they have physical condition, are preparing for government exams (UPSC etc.) OR focusing on some creative hobby.

I also said that middle-class women still do plenty of work in their households, but women like Meera do not. 

Do read my post again.

Also, Shahid deserves to be shamed for his MCP-like comment. 

Who exactly gave you the right to decide who is exempted from working?๐Ÿ˜† Matlab that's one heck of judgements you keep passing one after the other

How do you Mira has no creative hobby? How do you know how she spends her days? You assume she continues to laze around while people work around her based on what? You know zilch about her lifestyle and yet you continue to sprout judgements at her and then talk about woman empowerment

If forcing a woman to stay at home is wrong, it's equally wrong to force her to work.. empowerment is about doing what you want not doing what others expect you to.. 

Anyways, break time up.. have one with the shaming๐Ÿ˜†

Bold: Well it's still INFINITE number of times better than Shahid's, so Kareena got a relatively better deal. 

Also, nobody cares about norms nowadays. Priyanka got the better deal in every way since she got a younger horse at an advanced age. Also, she's a household names in at least the big cities of the USA, while Shahid is practically a non-entity. 

For God's sake, since when did a single woman in her 20's marrying an old, divorced guy (who doesn't even look that good) known for his wandering eyes, infidelity AND with two kids become a "better" deal? Isn't that the standard definition of gold-digging?

Saif sounds dumb as F in his interviews, like a pseudo intellectual who keeps getting in trouble for spouting off stuff that offends so many sensibilities that your ears start ringing after a while. No amount of "royal blood" makes up for that when you're marrying the guy and putting up with his ex-wife and kids who he puts before you... and you're not even accruing the benefits of his royal line in any way. 

I've been reading the last few pages and this forced comparison and tortuous explanations to pass him off as a "better" deal than Shahid is really something I can't get my head around. Especially when the same people are dead against anything that threatens feminist ideologies and women empowerment.

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

homemakers have lot to contribute to the society financial contribution is not the only contribution 

its high time people starts respecting others choices 

NOT ELITE HOMEMAKERS. NOT women like Meera. 

There's a real galaxy of difference between an ordinary middle-class homemaker (though most middle-class educated women are working nowadays because they know the value of financial independence) and women like Meera who literally have NO CONTRIBUTION to society. She has to do no work thanks to her servants. 

Tired of repeating myself.  

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There's a real galaxy of difference between an ordinary middle-class homemaker (though most middle-class educated women are working nowadays because they know the value of financial independence) and women like Meera who literally have NO CONTRIBUTION to society. She has to do no work thanks to her servants. 

Please define "contribution to the society."

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

do you live with her?? to know what kind of relationship she has with her kids her husband bringing up kids is not easy job you know 

a person an educated person can be anything they want they can be homemakers if they so want people like you have no right to shame them 

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Who exactly gave you the right to decide who is exempted from working?๐Ÿ˜† Matlab that's one heck of judgements you keep passing one after the other

How do you Mira has no creative hobby? How do you know how she spends her days? You assume she continues to laze around while people work around her based on what? You know zilch about her lifestyle and yet you continue to sprout judgments at her and then talk about woman empowerment

If forcing a woman to stay at home is wrong, it's equally wrong to force her to work.. empowerment is about doing what you want not doing what others expect you to.. 

Anyways, break time up.. have one with the shaming๐Ÿ˜†

Bold: Actually, that's a good idea now that you say it. I wish men's families would put this as a PRIOR condition for marriage everywhere so that parents can finally prioritize their daughters' education instead of just looking to marry her off. Excellent idea. 

And no, it's not a crime to expect women to be financially independent. And let's quit this 'not working is a choice' crap. Let's face it, no woman would marry a guy who doesn't earn. It's time women were held to those standards as well. 

No guy would want to be a homemaker, ask anyone around you (unless it's a temporary break or something). It's because the idea of financial independence is ingrained in them from the moment they are old enough to make sense of the world. It's high time we start ingraining the same idea in women from childhood just like we do with men. Then, mark my words, no woman will make the conscious choice' of being a home-maker. 

Women, especially in India, are made to think from childhood that education and job are secondary to marrying and popping out kids. That's the reason some women are still making this 'choice' to be housewives. It's high time the thinking changes. We don't need to give women the luxury of being homemakers just like we don't encourage, NEVER encouraged it in men. That to me is real feminism.

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

do you live with her?? to know what kind of relationship she has with her kids her husband bringing up kids is not easy job you know 

a person an educated person can be anything they want they can be homemakers if they so want people like you have no right to shame them 

It's easier any day with 30 nannies around you and 300 more people to be at your every beck and call. Ordinary women manage that and more while working. Hardly a big deal. 

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

For God's sake, since when did a single woman in her 20's marrying an old, divorced guy (who doesn't even look that good) known for his wandering eyes, infidelity AND with two kids become a "better" deal? Isn't that the standard definition of gold-digging?

Saif sounds dumb as F in his interviews, like a pseudo intellectual who keeps getting in trouble for spouting off stuff that offends so many sensibilities that your ears start ringing after a while. No amount of "royal blood" makes up for that when you're marrying the guy and putting up with his ex-wife and kids who he puts before you... and you're not even accruing the benefits of his royal line in any way. 

I've been reading the last few pages and this forced comparison and tortuous explanations to pass him off as a "better" deal than Shahid is really something I can't get my head around. Especially when the same people are dead against anything that threatens feminist ideologies and women empowerment.

Ask this and they bring saif pedigree into it .. if anything he considers himself a nawab .,. Whatsoever Tagore bloodline he had ... it thinned out...clearly. 

there is not a single reason why this guy is considered hot stuff that too over Young , single , attractive and better accomplished guy. 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

It's easier any day with 30 nannies around you and 300 more people to be at your every beck and call. Ordinary women manage that and more while working. Hardly a big deal. 

do you reliaze in your last comment you just mocked all the homemakers out there 

financial contribution is not the only contribution to the society 

such a bigoted statement to make