Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Behen, they're both bad acc to me. I'm just saying Saif is not exactly a climbdown compared to Shahid.

But Rabindranath Tagore's contribution is what you just dismissed as insignificant. I believe you'll find a lot of eyerolls at that worldwide. 

like I care . what’s this  with your policing . somehow your dismissal of other people is better than me doing it . Not everyone need to value Art and Literature alike . I value it far less ... eye rolls or not . it may not occur to you ... I  don’t exactly surround myself  with literature lovers in real life. so , those hypothetical eye rolls are ... just that .

I did not say it’s insignificant , but it does not work the same way for me like pure sciences do .    Eye rolls or not I will never see the greatness in it. ... and totally uninterested.  So , anything further on this is just futile . 

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

well, guys marrying younger females is the norm. The other way around doesn't happen often. Thats how we have so many instances of 80 year olds having fun with 25+ year olds. See, guys can be shallow that way. They'd rather be with a woman who's not already over the hill. Young able willing women fit the bill. 😉

as for saif khan and kareena, they deserve each other. Both suck. She's got inspid looks, while he's old. If his pedigree is all you're excited about, she could have done better. There are lots of guys who are old, richer than that loser will ever be, and ready to croak. 😂

and nick jonas. Give them a few years. He'll still be a young pup. But she wont be able to keep up with the action he'll want. Know what i mean?  😉😂

Bold: Well it's still INFINITE number of times better than Shahid's, so Kareena got a relatively better deal. 

Also, nobody cares about norms nowadays. Priyanka got the better deal in every way since she got a younger horse at an advanced age. Also, she's a household names in at least the big cities of the USA, while Shahid is practically a non-entity. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

And now he's married to a girl who is 13.5 years younger, who is a mother to his two children and not much else.

Both Kareena and PC are  married to someone with 10 yrs age difference too

Originally posted by: pali001

like I care . what’s this  with your policing . somehow your dismissal of other people is better than me doing it . Not everyone need to value Art and Literature alike . I value it far less ... eye rolls or not . it may not occur to you ... I  don’t exactly surround myself  with literature lovers in real life. so , those hypothetical eye rolls are ... just that .

I did not say it’s insignificant , but it does not work the same way for me like pure sciences do .    Eye rolls or not I will never see the greatness in it. ... and totally uninterested.  So , anything further on this is just futile . 

Dude, it doesn't matter what YOU see it as. A Nobel in Literature is objectively considered a great achievement by every sane person around the world. Can't even compare it to 'peace', which is just another political tool. The human society would cease to evolve and develop without literature and arts, only an imbecile would deny that. 

I'm no fan of Saif or his air-headedness, but fact remains that his pedigree is indeed illustrious. Tagore was not just India's, but Asia's first Nobel Laureate. Also, he's one of the few classical Indian authors who are known and read worldwide. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Shahid said he doesn't want to date an actress

I don't think it's wrong even if he wanted to date someone with a career.. at least he was clear about that.. just like a lot of women don't want to date workaholics or those with no clear ambitions.. problem only would arise if he made a career oriented woman ditch her job.. 

And why is Mira looked down upon for being a mother and nothing else? She is a housewife.. since when is that something to be looked down upon?

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

He didn’t say anything offensive .

Some women wants to be homemaker , and that’s their choice . You should not be shaming them for not working .

Similarly if shahid or anyone have preference it’s good to be out in open so that’s there’s no differences after the marriage , unless he is forcing his partner to not work I don’t think it’s a problem .

People on the forum loved to make shahid villain out of everything .

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Shahid said he doesn't want to date an actress

I don't think it's wrong even if he wanted to date someone with a career.. at least he was clear about that.. just like a lot of women don't want to date workaholics or those with no clear ambitions.. problem only would arise if he made a career oriented woman ditch her job.. 

And why is Mira looked down upon for being a mother and nothing else? She is a housewife.. since when is that something to be looked down upon?

Well, it should be looked down upon in my opinion. In the older days, women were socially pressurized to be housewives. That's no more the case. Financial independence for women is still a big part of women empowerment, so it hurts me somewhere when I see privileged women (i.e. women who have the education and freedom to work but still do not) still choose to not to. 

And don't give me that 'housewives also work a lot' tripe. That goes only for middle-class and lower-class housewives, not for elites like Meera. Such people have 1000000000 servants working to take care of their every need. They don't lift a finger all day. 

I have no respect for people who, to put it plainly, sit on their arses, don't lift a finger all day, and live a lavish life while doing absolutely nothing to contribute towards it. 

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What on Earth!?

He said it is inconvenient when an actor is dating an actress, coz the relationship does not get enough time. What's wrong with that? He's a person who is allowed to have an opinion about whom he wants to or does not want to date. 

With that being said, the comment does have a sour grapes vibe to it. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Well, it should be looked down upon in my opinion. In the older days, women were socially pressurized to be housewives. That's no more the case. Financial independence for women is still a big part of women empowerment, so it hurts me somewhere when I see privileged women (i.e. women who have the education and freedom to work but still do not) still choose to not to. 

And don't give me that 'housewives also work a lot' tripe. That goes only for middle-class and lower-class housewives, not for elites like Meera. Such people have 1000000000 servants working to take care of their every need. They don't lift a finger all day. 

I have no respect for people who, to put it plainly, sit on their arses, don't lift a finger all day, and live a lavish life while doing absolutely nothing to contribute towards it. 

An individual's choice, whatever it is, should never be looked down upon.. if women or even men want to be homemakers, that's entirely up to then and their partners..  no third person gets to have a say in this.. 

And doing nothing towards contributing it is hogwash... Sustaining success also requires a stable personal life.. Mira is raising two kids and also managing the house..  she is definitely contributing to the lifestyle, just not financially.. 

And no it shouldn't be looked down upon.. not in elite class, not in any other class.. none of us really get to decide what educated women should be doing

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LilBitOfAlexis

He didn’t say anything offensive .

Some women wants to be homemaker , and that’s their choice . You should not be shaming them for not working .

Similarly if shahid or anyone have preference it’s good to be out in open so that’s there’s no differences after the marriage , unless he is forcing his partner to not work I don’t think it’s a problem .

People on the forum loved to make shahid villain out of everything .

Shahid is being shamed (as I understand it) because he was hypocrite enough to date 2 high-profile actresses and then claim he wouldn't marry one. Also, IIRC, he did ask PC and KK to conform to his  ideas.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago