Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 years ago

This isn't about shaming elite women who choose to be homemakers. Yeah, I mean at the end of the day they are not contributing much to society, but it's not a crime.

However, this topic is about Shahid and his clear preference for women who choose to not work and dedicate their lives to him. Again, no crime! But then misogyny or sexism aren't classified as crimes either.

So his problem was with "actresses" is because they have to work so hard and it's not possible to get enough time with them? Well, any serious profession requires dedication and time. Heck, I am not an actor or actress and I have to slog 12 hours a day in my job. So he wanted someone who didn't want to pursue any serious career and just sit at home and be happy to be his trophy wife.

It's mighty hypocritical of Shahid because he himself is in the same profession and has to put the same kind of hours into his job. He clearly wanted someone who didn't have any aspirations (I mean such a shame, Mira is so well-educated and pretty, she could have been anything she wanted, yet he got her domesticated and not pursuing any career). He married her when she was just 21 for christ sake, before she could even figure out what she wanted in life. 

Originally posted by: Fallen-Embers

So if a woman is "not afraid to take a secondary position" to her husband, she's a doormat? But if a man does it, wah wah. Things never change. ๐Ÿ˜†

N what exactly is the difference between the lifestyles of these men and Mira that they have to be lauded while Mira is torn to shreds? They can very well hire a big staff, and bloody well get their arses to work. 

Bold: YES.

If a woman does it, it's because society has conditioned her for 100000000000 years to do it. But if a man does it, it's because he's a progressive, open-minded man who dared to defy the norms. THAT's the difference. 

Keeping in mind the above facts, it's safe to say that a woman who plays second fiddle IS a doormat, but a man who does it ain't so. A man who's playing second fiddle is DEFYING norms, and the woman who does it is FOLLOWING norms. You see no difference? Well.....๐Ÿ˜†

It's like if a Black man says the N word, it's not offensive, but it would be taboo for a white person to say it. That kind of difference. Same logic applies here. Man doing it is a bold and progressive act, female doing the same is regressive. History will tell you why. History matters. Context matters. 

So..........

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

This thread is a fine example of a troll thread, meant to stoke the fires. ๐Ÿ˜† There's never a boring day on IF. ๐Ÿ˜†

As of late there were a few. Today was fun tho ๐Ÿ˜†

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

I said "now."

Sorry about husband/fiance. The last I read he was a stay-at-home dad. 

Doesn't seem like they are just homemakers. Both still seem to be working/pursuing their careers. 

https://www.vogue.com/article/doug-emhoff-second-gentleman-will-teach-at-georgetown-law

https://www.hcamag.com/nz/news/general/pms-partner-clarke-gayford-returns-to-dj-career/238496

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

I repeat, NO WOMAN will date or marry a man who has no job. Society never gave men the option of being househubbys, and I see no reason why women should have that choice. 

Clearly it's impeding women empowerment. This 'choice' is nothing but another excuse to push the idea that women are better off staying in the kitchen and popping out babies. ๐Ÿคข Society gives only women the so-called choice of being at home. Why? Because the male-dominated society wants women to consider that choice. It's better for those with patriarchal thoughts if women make the 'choice' of being housewives, right? Would society give the same choice to men? Nope. Because men are meant to be the bosses, not play second fiddle. 

So much for 'choice'. ๐ŸคชSorry, but that's pure hogwash. 

Your right women should marry each other ๐Ÿ˜†

An letโ€™s see who gets to work first ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

I repeat, NO WOMAN will date or marry a man who has no job. Society never gave men the option of being househubbys, and I see no reason why women should have that choice. 

Clearly it's impeding women empowerment. This 'choice' is nothing but another excuse to push the idea that women are better off staying in the kitchen and popping out babies. ๐Ÿคข Society gives only women the so-called choice of being at home. Why? Because the male-dominated society wants women to consider that choice. It's better for those with patriarchal thoughts if women make the 'choice' of being housewives, right? Would society give the same choice to men? Nope. Because men are meant to be the bosses, not play second fiddle. 

So much for 'choice'. ๐ŸคชSorry, but that's pure hogwash. 

'

actually you know what all this woman are not being  good enough is just YOUR IDEA  it is YOU is demeaning the wonderful contribution all the women all over the world makes to the society either by being working women or a homemaker 

it is you who will not accept a man who decides to be homemaker because you LOOK DOWN ON THEM i have no problem with marrying a man who decides to dedicate his life to his kids its ok i have job i can earn and he can be the homemaker 

education is important but an educated man or woman can be anything they want 

in this entire thing YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE who is looking down on a person for having a choice 

YOU AND ONLY YOU 

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

All the more reasons why he is justified in saying that .

Clearly he tried dating actresses but didnโ€™t work out for him . He has his reasons , it is not hypocritical but practical first hand experience.

He would be hypocritical if he had said something like this in the start of his career before dating Kareena or pc. 

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Shahid is being shamed (as I understand it) because he was hypocrite enough to date 2 high-profile actresses and then claim he wouldn't marry one. Also, IIRC, he did ask PC and KK to conform to his  ideas.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Anyone else found KJo's croacky voice hilarious 

I wanted to form an opinion on Shahid's comment after watching what he actually said, but just couldn't focus because of KJo's struggle

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Bold: YES.

If a woman does it, it's because society has conditioned her for 100000000000 years to do it. But if a man does it, it's because he's a progressive, open-minded man who dared to defy the norms. THAT's the difference. 

Keeping in mind the above facts, it's safe to say that a woman who plays second fiddle IS a doormat, but a man who does it ain't so. A man who's playing second fiddle is DEFYING norms, and the woman who does it is FOLLOWING norms. You see no difference? Well.....๐Ÿ˜†

It's like if a Black man says the N word, it's not offensive, but it would be taboo for a white person to say it. That kind of difference. Same logic applies here. Man doing it is a bold and progressive act, female doing the same is regressive. History will tell you why. History matters. Context matters. 

So..........

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn. Seriously, yawn. 

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

'

actually you know what all this woman are not being  good enough is just YOUR IDEA  it is YOU is demeaning the wonderful contribution all the women all over the world makes to the society either by being working women or a homemaker 

it is you who will not accept a man who decides to be homemaker because you LOOK DOWN ON THEM i have no problem with marrying a man who decides to dedicate his life to his kids its ok i have job i can earn and he can be the homemaker 

education is important but an educated man or woman can be anything they want 

in this entire thing YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE who is looking down on a person for having a choice 

YOU AND ONLY YOU 

I don't know you personally, but I doubt you would actually be fine with marrying a jobless guy in real life. If you are, then good for you. But is that a general idea all across society? NO. How many parents will be OK with their daughters marrying jobless men? ZERO. 

We're talking about SOCIETY here. Society does not permit a man to stay jobless, because men are supposed to rule. High time we applied the same standards to women if we want them to rule side by side. 

You can contribute to your home by working too. Gone are the days when we needed to stay all day at home to contribute to it.