Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

palml thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Some know it all person here pretending Aishwarya suffered in the hands of Salman (everyone knows that, genius), so she must be like Karisma. But fact is she broke up with him right after that and distanced herself from him.

Anyone can be a victim of their circumstances. But whether you choose to continue to suffer under those circumstances (which Karisma did by staying with this asshole for over a decade) versus someone who will put an end to the suffering (like Ash who broke up with Salman the moment he started being abusive), it is your choices that define the kind of person you are. 

You really should not judge abuse victims for staying. There are many abuse victims who get scared and don't understand what is happening with them. Some abuse victims if they leave get harmed and instead decide to stay from fear.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

They were barely present together in public at TWO EVENTS. 

I love the way people in this thread are making up stories as they go along. 

Karisma has always said since she was a small child she wanted to be an actress. Those days, debuting at 15 was the norm, ask Divya, Raveena, Neelam, Urmila, Tabu, Kajol...

It was in fact Rani Mukerji who said she was forced by her mum to do films at a young age.

Some Aishwarya fan pretending Ash would never be the victim? We forgetting how badly Salman Khan thrashed her and she needed medical attention? She still stayed with him after that.

I don't think we have enough evidence to go by to make assumptions at this point.

I think it’s better to be in live in first and then get married. I hope I’m future most people do this.. pata toh chale kon kaisa reality m hai

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Some know it all person here pretending Aishwarya suffered in the hands of Salman (everyone knows that, genius), so she must be like Karisma. But fact is she broke up with him right after that and distanced herself from him.

Anyone can be a victim of their circumstances. But whether you choose to continue to suffer under those circumstances (which Karisma did by staying with this asshole for over a decade) versus someone who will put an end to the suffering (like Ash who broke up with Salman the moment he started being abusive), it is your choices that define the kind of person you are. 

Yes, but some people don’t have the personality or mental make up  to make right decisions. Also it depends on how your own family and close friends support you. My cousin went through something like this and she was married for 13 years.. her dad is an alcoholic and mom is the one who runs the house hold.. plus she has a younger sister too.. so every time she came her mom would send her back.. it’s only after the younger one got settled and she threatened that she would kill herself if her mom sends her back to in-laws her mom agreed to let her get a divorce. The divorce was pretty murky too.. with a lot of mudslinging.. 

Also, there are many people who would take advantage, abuse and then victimise themselves.. it’s all mind games.

Also breaking a marriage is more difficult then breaking up with your boyfriend 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Yes, but some people don’t have the personality or mental make up  to make right decisions. Also it depends on how your own family and close friends support you. My cousin went through something like this and she was married for 13 years.. her dad is an alcoholic and mom is the one who runs the house hold.. plus she has a younger sister too.. so every time she came her mom would send her back.. it’s only after the younger one got settled and she threatened that she would kill herself if her mom sends her back to in-laws her mom agreed to let her get a divorce. The divorce was pretty murky too.. with a lot of mudslinging.. 

Also, there are many people who would take advantage, abuse and then victimise themselves.. it’s all mind games.

Also breaking a marriage is more difficult then breaking up with your boyfriend 

I had read about some IAS or I PS girl being victim of domestic violence. I was aghast. Sometimes people who are assertive in professional life are unable to carry that over to personal life. Maybe nurturing is to be blamed, sometimes it is own mental make up.. 

Felt bad reading about your cousin. 

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail

I think it’s better to be in live in first and then get married. I hope I’m future most people do this.. pata toh chale kon kaisa reality m hai

Quite effective... Avoids the legal hassle of divorce too. 

But in a few cases the abuse starts when the partner finds someone new.. That can be anytime. 

Living in period is however a good way to avoid marrying entitled jerks who feel that a woman has to manage the house alone and he can lord over like a king.. Same is applicable when genders are reversed

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veni-Vidi-Vici

I had read about some IAS or I PS girl being victim of domestic violence. I was aghast. Sometimes people who are assertive in professional life are unable to carry that over to personal life. Maybe nurturing is to be blamed, sometimes it is own mental make up.. 

Felt bad reading about your cousin. 

Sometimes people don't realise what is emotional abuse. Especially when girls are taught that they need to endure for their family's sake, and also because girls don't want to see their parents getting worried.. that can happen.  Especially when a girl has unmarried sisters they cant just divorce that easily. Marriage in India isn't about two individuals alone. 

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail

Sometimes people don't realise what is emotional abuse. Especially when girls are taught that they need to endure for their family's sake, and also because girls don't want to see their parents getting worried.. that can happen.  Especially when a girl has unmarried sisters they cant just divorce that easily. Marriage in India isn't about two individuals alone. 

Unmarried sister wale cases are really bad. Women go through hell so that the matrimonial prospects of the younger sister isn't marred

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I fail to understand how domestic abuse is connected to someone's professional life? 

My maid left her husband because of domestic abuse. A senior at my work comes to office with blue-black marks on her jaw, neck, wrist almost every few weeks. Its mental strength, clarity of thoughts, self belief that makes a human strong not their bank balance.

With the childhood that KK had, along with Babita of a mother it's not hard to predict she might be a little off in her family life. Wife swapping is so common in elite circles that I don't find it hard to believe. Someone rightly pointed out that she might have done that then, on the hindsight finds it forced.

Also kaha k powerful family? Didn't the Kapoor sisters live with their mom away from the family. Also Kapoor's are one hell of a mess, koi piyakkar, koi abuser.

Edited by Thatgirl16 - 3 years ago
Alia020 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Karishma has suffered a lot even after being a star kid. 

Actresses have such a tragic life. Sexual abuse, mental abuse, physical abuse and mentally scarred for life. They are such a strong women. ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Alia020 - 3 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thatgirl16

I fail to understand how domestic abuse is connected to someone's professional life? 

My maid left her husband because of domestic abuse. A senior at my work comes to office with blue-black marks on her jaw, neck, wrist almost every few weeks. Its mental strength, clarity of thoughts, self belief that makes a human strong not their bank balance.

With the childhood that KK had, along with Babita of a mother it's not hard to predict she might be a little off in her family life. Wife swapping is so common in elite circles that I don't find it hard to believe. Someone rightly pointed out that she might have done that then, on the hindsight finds it forced.

Also kaha k powerful family? Didn't the Kapoor sisters live with their mom away from the family. Also Kapoor's are one hell of a mess, koi piyakkar, koi abuser.

Yes, most of the the times people don’t even realise they are being abused till they get out of the relationship. Narcissistic, manipulative sociopaths can actually influence people in ways it’s hard to imagine. They will make you feel like they themselves are the victim..