Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Please be aware of the risks involved. Even if the surgeon is top class, either something might go wrong or your body might react differently.

The risk includes a botched up nose and worst case death. Now, risk is always present. I might get struck by lightning the minute I finish typing this. So it's your take.

I'd suggest researching on the botched up cases a bit, before you weigh the risks.

Good luck! šŸ¤ž

..Kavi.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

If a part of your body makes you unsatisfied and it has been that way for years, and youā€™re not like bankrupting yourself for vanity then thereā€™s really nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery. That said, check the accreditation of the surgeon, make sure he/she is recognized by medical associations/boards, has no disciplinary/malpractice record, and that the hospital or clinic also has a good reputation and record with health authorities, etc. At least, in the USA, these are mostly all public record and this is the research my parents did before I had ā€œelectiveā€ orthopedic surgery as a teen.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

Maybe because unlike you, the members talking here don't use this forum to troll for fun and are genuinely concerned about LV and giving their opinions.

I just realised that lord Voldemort wants a nose surgery.. 

sreefan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

šŸ˜†

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

I can't speak for you but I feel no amount surgeries can help with self confidence in life. 

True, its your perception.

Also, the best thing to do is delete Insta and Facebook if you really want to feel better about yourself. I did that few years back and its the best thing I have ever done.  

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Too good šŸ˜†

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I got a chin augmentation done a couple of months back. I thought about it for at least 10 years before I took this step. I liked the way I looked before but I had a small chin which made me look like I had a double chin. I didn't feel stressed out about it but it was always at the back of my mind. 

Then 2 years back I decided to do something about. I tried to exercise, I tried non surgical methods etc but they did nothing. So, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I look great and I feel great but there is this one area which has bothered me for so long so it's time to do something about it or let it be forever and don't think about it at all.

I decided to go for the surgery. I was scared because I had never undergone a surgery before and if something went wrong then my face would be affected and I would regret it forever. The procedure sounded ominous but I did a lot of research, asked a lot of questions (my doc was so fed up), talked to people, talked to different doctors and finally got it done.

Now, the doctor does warn you that this will not magically transform your problem area so it's better to go with the right expectation. I knew that my chin would not become chiselled or anything like that but I was relieved when I looked in the mirror after the surgery. I looked like me but my chin was different in a subtle way but in a much nicer way. I didn't feel any different and today I can say that I did the right thing. I just got rid of a problem with a small surgery and a good doctor.

This was just my experience. Maybe I was just lucky that it went well and I didn't have any issues.

Edited by sidnilove - 3 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

i know you are already being wise enough and know the horrible consequences which can arise from a surgery gone wrong..keona..MJ are all prime examples 

but then there is this thought in mind which comes what if it doesn't go bad..and that what-if can be an unresting thought to put to rest..after all despite numerous awful cases there will always be some good ones the mind will always trick us into..and yes there are..aditi rao and shruti hasan are the few ones for whom surgeries did absolute wonders..shruti in ramaiya..there wasn't one frame or camera angle where she did not look WOW..a huge transformation from luck

but then from what i know..surgeons say it is easier to perform work when you have a parrot nose like shruti's in luck compared to if you have a flat nose and want to make it sharper..the latter often involves more risk of going bad..

at the end..i would only say instead of 1 lakh..save more and put 4 instead..money can always come back but please don't let that come in your way of finding the best possible doctor..coz a horrid surgery can never be undone..no corrective surgery fixes that damage..the success rate goes massively down and that makes you stuck in a dangerous loop which is often hard to break from

good luck šŸ™‚

Edited by cougarTown - 3 years ago
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

If you believe that it will boost your confidence go for it, but make sure that the doctor is trustworthy. 

While we are discussing this, I want to know whether there is any effective treatment for permanent skin whitening?  I am very insecure of my skin color and 3 or 4 shades lighter will do drastic change in my confidence. I do understand that dark skin to other extreme is not possible, I don't desire that, all I want is a lighter skin. 

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kamala05

If you believe that it will boost your confidence go for it, but make sure that the doctor is trustworthy. 

While we are discussing this, I want to know whether there is any effective treatment for permanent skin whitening?  I am very insecure of my skin color and 3 or 4 shades lighter will do drastic change in my confidence. I do understand that dark skin to other extreme is not possible, I don't desire that, all I want is a lighter skin. 

there are methods for skin lightening like laser but there are some severe side effects and I would say whatever your skin color is , itā€™s beautiful .. you donā€™t need to change it .. this is desi societyā€™s beauty standard is crappy .. and if you donā€™t feel good about your skin color , I would suggest you listen to body positive videos or take some professional advice regarding this ..