Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Why are members here always so cynical and negative about everything? She wants to go for such a good thing in life which will bring so much positivity in her life. Even here instead of encouraging her and showing some love, everyone is scaring her and making her feel worse. What a shame really.

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Please DO NOT do anything that is not irreversible to your face. Your face is your identity and what people have known you as since little. Don’t underestimate the impact some changes will have on your mental health. And also the impact people’s judgment on your new face will have on you - trust me, people will notice, comment, critique and make you feel even more self conscious. You seem to be a perfectionist so nothing will ever be good enough or perfect. What if you don’t like the result? Best to glam up an average face with makeup and work towards having a fit body than totally ruin your face. Celebrities live in a bubble where they are paid to look good but even so they are all so harshly judged (I mean look at the disgusting comments on Katrina in here). So can you imagine how you would feel about it?

Also, surgery is a real lottery. If he botches your nose there is no coming back. You really should know better seeing very famous examples of botched surgery (Priyanka, MJ, Kylie Jenner). These people had access to the best surgeons but the result is awful. 

We live in a society where people know lie all the time and use filters so just continue doing so if it makes you feel better and try to find less invasive solutions (there are tonnes of makeup techniques or other procedures that don’t require surgery).

Also, would recommend you invest your money in a brilliant therapist, not because something is necessarily wrong with you but just yo understand the reason why you feel so strongly the need to change a face that is not ugly. Always good to reflect on yourself first. And if still doesn’t help and your therapist feels that you should give it a go, then only then do it. 

Edited by Sorein - 3 years ago
Sorein thumbnail

Being responsible and using common sense is being cynical? You sound quite immature actually pushing her to do it asap. Do you know how many people are left suicidal after a botched surgery? She is talking about massive changes to her face, not just fillers. Those type of surgeries should really be done if someone is very ugly or if their livelihood depends on their looks. She said it herself that nothing is really wrong about her face and if she felt the need to post on a public platform she is clearly not convinced herself about it. 

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Why are members here always so cynical and negative about everything? She wants to go for such a good thing in life which will bring so much positivity in her life. Even here instead of encouraging her and showing some love, everyone is scaring her and making her feel worse. What a shame really.

Edited by Sorein - 3 years ago
heartbleed thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sorein

Being responsible and using common sense is being cynical? You sound quite immature actually pushing her to do it asap. Do you know how many people are left suicidal after a botched surgery? She is talking about massive changes to her face, not just fillers. Those type of surgeries should really be done if someone is very ugly or if their livelihood depends on their looks. She said it herself that nothing is really wrong about her face and if she felt the need to post on a public platform she is clearly not convinced herself about it. 

Please don't quote me.

I am sorry. I can't talk to such negative people who love spreading negativity in the lives of other people as well. 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

This is probably not the best place for advice since we all live in different places. Find a good surgeon in your location and make sure you visit several different doctors for pre consults first before you decide on one. Pre consults are usually free.Why lip reduction though? Everybody wants full lips these days and you are  reducing them? I don’t know of anyone that looks bad with natural full lips. Even priyanka with her fckuked up full upper lip looks pretty good 

sg1217 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree with everyone else here saying to do your research. Best way to avoid botched surgery and cycle of corrective surgeries is make sure the first one is good and also SIMPLE. It might be appealing to go in with a picture of your favorite celebrity's face and say "make me look like this" but actually their nose shape might not suit your facial features. So go to a surgeon who isn't pushy, wants to make you look and feel good (not get more money from you), and ask for a natural look with as minimal changes as possible.

Also, I was reading recently that post plastic surgery there is a bit of a shock period for some people because they spent their whole life (20+ years probably, not sure how old you are) looking at one version of themselves and now they have to form a new picture of themselves in their head. I can imagine that after so many years looking one way it can be a mental health matter to get used to the adjustment (even if your face is supposedly "better looking" after surgery). So please make sure you are ready for that angle of the surgery as well.

At the end of the day, we can give you advice, but the choice is all yours. Good luck with whatever you decide ❤️

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree with everyone , you should do more research on procedure , effects and side effects , research about the doctor and his history and success rate .. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Congratulations for being brave enough to ask the question on this forum.

If (clearly) these things have been bothering you for a number of years, and you've obviously tried non-surgical tricks, then I say go for it.

It's 2021, a little nose/lip job is not really a big deal these days like it was even just 10-15 years ago. And they are not super complicated surgeries, you will be fine. 

You will feel 100x better by next summer, a new you, go get it! :)

[and yes research the surgeon, and speak to people s/he has worked on in the past.... find out about post-op mental+physical stresses to look out for]

Sorein thumbnail

Confirms my gut feeling, you are immature. This is a public forum where people share various POV - the good, the bad, etc. We are not in high school, adults should be able to spar on topics without having people like you branding them as negative. She is not here to hear everyone say that she should do it. If you can’t cope with people’s views (or being quoted) then maybe don’t post.

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Please don't quote me.

I am sorry. I can't talk to such negative people who love spreading negativity in the lives of other people as well. 

heartbleed thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sorein

Confirms my gut feeling, you are immature. This is a public forum where people share various POV - the good, the bad, etc. We are not in high school, adults should be able to spar on topics without having people like you branding them as negative. She is not here to hear everyone say that she should do it. If you can’t cope with people’s views (or being quoted) then maybe don’t post.