Off topic: Considering getting surgery - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

The problem is in your head not your nose and lips.

BUT if you think it is going to make you feel better go for it, read and cut out pictures of what you want your nose to look like, have realistic expectations, there are computer programs that will take your image and show you the results (I personally know remote or online consultations are (possible).

Now with that said you may want to talk it out with a professional if you feel you have an addictive personality and will then go and try every quack in town to do surgery on you, that is NOT good! and for GODs sake never try to look like the horrid eyesore of the photo!  

In fact sharing it here in the open is very brave of you and shows you have restraint in not going the addict way.  If all you want is a bump or large nose reduced you will love the results and it WILL make you more secure, your nose will change after the surgery, your life and mind will remain the same, just remember we as people must work to improve our image, exercise, make up etc... because there is no surgery that will improve positivity.   (the amount you quote is way too little-save some more an go to the best you can afford)

GOOD LUCK

Well, if it’s really that important to you, you should. But do a lot of research before doing anything.  

Personally, I would advice anyone against getting anything done when there’s no problem as such (like a scar or something) .. as it’s scary and it’s on your face.. Also you don’t know what effect it will have after years.. no one really talks about it.

Originally posted by heartbleed

Absolutely. I think you should definitely go for this surgery if you finally have the financial means to fix your face. Otherwise who knows if you would have the money in future or not. Right now you have a golden chance. If you don't get it done now, you will keep regretting your whole life and your self esteem and insecurities will keep growing more and more with time and you might go into stress. You are totally right. It will boost your confidence and self-worth for sure. It will make you look beautiful. Go for it as soon as possible. 

People are just giving their opinions.. relax. Sabki apni soch hai 😊

Originally posted by hereagainbolly

-  avoid the lip reduction - old age does that for us anyways

This! Collagen in lips is the first thing to go as we age. Get the nose job if you must but avoid this. I’m pretty sure docs are gonna say the same if you ask for this procedure. 

I know someone who had rhinoplasty done, didn't turn out they way they had imagined it, and became depressed, they regretted it massively.  So I would advise against it.  If it's not broke, don't fix it, and you say there isn't anything wrong with your face, so keep it that way.  😆  These celebrities have the money to keep doing corrective surgeries if it goes wrong.  

You are fine the way you are.

Its up to you to get it done but keep in mind that the result might not make you happy or that even the best surgeon can mess up sometimes. And if you need to get it redone again to rectify it, then the end result might not be as you had wished for. Watch these videos of one YTer getting a nose job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUatdKRqzBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pI341Odc8

Edited by MooPoint - 3 years ago

Finding a good PS is the key to successful Rhinoplasty, there is an youtuber AnchalMUA, she has vlogged her rhinoplasty journey on her channel, sometime last year, which was indepth.... try to watch that...

For lip reduction,, like other members suggested, age will take care of it ( consider yourself lucky for not having to use any of the lip plumping serums/lip volumizers etc, to get that juicy/plumpy lips)

You do you. If some surgery is what you need to be happier and feel better about yourself - then by all means go for it. Don't let anyone shame you for going under the knife. 

And obviously, I know you will do your due diligence - But since plastic surgery on your face is an expensive, irreversible surgery that will impact your future - I must reiterate - Research research research. Narrow down to a list of 2-3 top surgeons. Meet them. Don't just go by reviews - ask to speak to happy clients. Dig deep to see if they have any malpractice suits or complaints. Finally, save up and go with a reputed quality surgeon. 

Until then, or as an alternative, make-up is a great option. Makeup YouTube is a treasure trove of experts who can work wizardry with makeup. Contouring can let you make your nose appear smaller, sharper, sleeker, it can make people with chubby cheeks get definition to their cheekbones, it can accentuate even the weakest of jawlines. The great thing about make-up is if you mess up - you can wash it off and start over again. 

Bobbi Brown has a Masterclass on makeup. Outside of that, there are many institutions offering makeup courses and certifications. It could be worth it to invest in professional training to adjust your appearance. 

Finally, in the off chance, you want to be dissuaded and find ways to be more confident in yourself - there are plenty of options in that area too. Barbra Streisand and Lea Michele are two celebrities who decided to keep their noses. (Lea has been accused of a secret nose job - but I think its contouring because the shape of her nose changes with every image). You could work with a therapist or just get self help books. Just finding something you are good at and spending time on things that make you feel good can dramatically increase confidence and make people feel less conscious. Listen to people like Lizzo who talk about body positivity and feeling good about yourself. 

Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

I can't speak for you but I feel no amount surgeries can help with self confidence in life. Also who knows how will the surgery end up being, given not all surgeons are the good skilled like the ones celebs opt for. They go for the best cause they have they resource for it but even then sometimes it goes wrong. So think about it if u r already have issues with ur confidence because of the way u look will u be able to handle it if the surgery doesn't go the way u want it to be? I m not trying scare you but one needs to research a lot before opting for such surgeries and go through all aspects of it. Remember surgeons are not always completely honest with you so don't just rely on them. Research on your own and see what sort of a deal u have there. 

I have a lot of acne scars on my face and I really wanna get rid of them cause I want a smoother skin. I still haven't been able to trust a good dermatologist to do that despite the fact I know few of them personally 😆 This was just to tell u where I m coming from  . 😆

You know the problem is, same treatment can have a different effect on you, that’s the scary part. The only thing I have got done is removed a few freckles from my face. That too after trying it on a different part of my body before going for my face. 

Also, even the best of clinics would try to tell you to go for other things as well. I’m pretty sure they would say.. yeh bhi kara lo.. it would be good etc etc.

People get eye fixed  laser done too. It can also cause dry eyes and damage the cornea completely but that doesn’t happen for everyone. My mom was getting her eye operated  at aiims and there were so many cases with complete damage to cornea due to laser treatment. They had no choice but to get a transplant. (My mom had cornea transplant due to a medical condition too but only a layer.. laser can completely destroy it)

It’s also been my personal experience that not even the best of doctors can sometimes diagnose and illness or help. 

I would like to see pic and tell if it's necessary or not. Im very interested in cosmetic surgerys and hair transplant.