Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

There is so much perception change in the institution of marriage from one generation to another and many a times within the same age group. Commitment phobic folks can be classified under this category. No strings attached is the to go mantra and as long as she is clear with her partner, none of our business 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Thats cause shes ugly ðŸ˜†

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I won't call it domination....its more about compromising....especially in desi marriages....u don't marry just ur spouse...u marry their whole family....I never wanted to get married...but my Mom was old school..and wanted me to get married, have kids and all that jazz😆...my father being a scientist and was very open minded....he was like...I don't care if you choose not to marry...but ur Mom is going to be very very unhappy...especially how in India the neighboring aunties...say ki a highly educated girl with a good job...the parents want her money that is why they are not marrying her off...that would have killed my mother...and then I had seen my parents' having a nice married life...they cared for each other...it was very rare for them to fight...so I relented...and now with 2 beautiful kids and the best husband in the world...I have absolutely no regrets.....its just a gamble like u said...it worked for me.

Agree. There is huge societal pressure which makes parents in turn accelerate the marriage and then kids conversation/expectation. Bless your wonderful family. It’s a gamble and a roller coaster ride. It takes work and nurture to create the level of understanding. Sacrifices of parenthood and many more. Good days and bad days are part of the deal and not just a dreamy partnership. Realistic expectations help one sail through it and lot of today’s generation feels it’s better to prioritize self and career. We will evolve to more equal dynamics of Indian men and women in marriage to make this work for this generation 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Says the one who is married.

Yeh mai shadi nahi karungi/karunga bolne wale hi sab se pehle bhaag ke shadi karte hain.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I love this and I love that people here are also openly saying their thoughts about marriage.

Feels good

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Its arranged marriage that needs to go 

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veni-Vidi-Vici

I wouldn't have considered you normal if you told me you aren't scared of marriage... Unless someone is madly in love with one's partner, the thought of marriage scares away even the brave ones... If marriage wasn't a social compulsion among desis, a vast majority of people would have gotten married pretty late in life.. A lot more people would choose to be free from relationships.. 

Marriage, per say, cannot be evil or bad. Infact, I think it’s a beautiful bond that gives legal rights and duties to individuals . But, as any institution, mArriaige depends on the society it’s been practiced in. And in an patriarchal society like ours, where the gender bias is high , even among the educated section , it becomes scary. It’s an unfair deal to Indian women. They give a lot in marriages, but, get very little in return. I feel that young Indians shouldn’t get married if they don’t want to.

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I won't call it domination....its more about compromising....especially in desi marriages....u don't marry just ur spouse...u marry their whole family....I never wanted to get married...but my Mom was old school..and wanted me to get married, have kids and all that jazz😆...my father being a scientist and was very open minded....he was like...I don't care if you choose not to marry...but ur Mom is going to be very very unhappy...especially how in India the neighboring aunties...say ki a highly educated girl with a good job...the parents want her money that is why they are not marrying her off...that would have killed my mother...and then I had seen my parents' having a nice married life...they cared for each other...it was very rare for them to fight...so I relented...and now with 2 beautiful kids and the best husband in the world...I have absolutely no regrets.....its just a gamble like u said...it worked for me.

You are so right marriage is about compromising.. I married because of my parents as well.  After so many years of marriage.. now when I think about it, I came to a conclusion that many times it also depends on what type of family you come from.. many couples from happy families leads happy married life. My parents had average marriage and I have similar..May be I am wrong.. but the couples I see around me are happy because they care for each other.. and caring they learn from their family.. from their parents,

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Its arranged marriage that needs to go 

Before that dating and relationships should be made acceptable in all classes at any age. Otherwise without arranged marriage guys who never approached a girl, and girls who consider talking to guys a sin would never get married.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Before that dating and relationships should be made acceptable in all classes at any age. Otherwise without arranged marriage guys who never approached a girl, and girls who consider talking to guys a sin would never get married.

Such kind of  men do stay single forever in the west