Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Veni-Vidi-Vici

Domination is a very realistic threat.. Happens to both genders as no two marriages are alike.. It is not just spouse, sometimes parents in law, the siblings of spouse try to dictate terms right from day one of the wedding.. I have seen some horrible marriages..

One needn't be in a bad marriage to be skeptical.. My marriage is average and peaceful .. But given access to time machine, I would have opted to rebel against my family and remain single 

I won't call it domination....its more about compromising....especially in desi marriages....u don't marry just ur spouse...u marry their whole family....I never wanted to get married...but my Mom was old school..and wanted me to get married, have kids and all that jazz😆...my father being a scientist and was very open minded....he was like...I don't care if you choose not to marry...but ur Mom is going to be very very unhappy...especially how in India the neighboring aunties...say ki a highly educated girl with a good job...the parents want her money that is why they are not marrying her off...that would have killed my mother...and then I had seen my parents' having a nice married life...they cared for each other...it was very rare for them to fight...so I relented...and now with 2 beautiful kids and the best husband in the world...I have absolutely no regrets.....its just a gamble like u said...it worked for me.

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Marriage is a redundant institution in the modern society. People are getting married very late or not at all and that number is just going to keep increasing. Most married couples are just going through the motions really , the rising numbers of affairs & divorces are witness to that. So if you're in a trully "Happy Marriage"...congratulations, you're a unicorn in today's society. 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Radhika gives off very defeated and thakeli vibes. Don't like her offscreen at all. 

hereagainbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

It is because of such women that minds of young girls in India are getting distorted.

nothing is getting distorted 

people are finally learning to think for themselves 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She seems pretty fresh to me... And if you read the article quite optimistic too

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGmlPlfprpb/?utm_source=ig_embed

CottonCandyy thumbnail

I don't like her but that's completely her opinion. If her husband is fine with it then why not ? 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

To each his own but I don't understand if you really love a person and are already in a live in relationship then why not tie the knot? I mean at the end every one wants that permanence. Don't they? And if you love a person but the idea of an official commitment suffocates you or make you insecure then is that really love? Who wouldn't want to spend rest of their lives with a person they love and are comfortable with? Take your time if you aren't sure but eventually one has to settle down. Who would want to spend their lives with absolute uncertainty? 

The thought of marriage scares me at the moment but then when I see old couples walking hand in hand I think to myself I want that one day. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Marriage is beautiful as long as two people are on the same wavelength

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninny

To each his own but I don't understand if you really love a person and are already in a live in relationship then why not tie the knot? I mean at the end every one wants that permanence. Don't they? And if you love a person but the idea of an official commitment suffocates you or make you insecure then is that really love? Who wouldn't want to spend rest of their lives with a person they love and are comfortable with? Take your time if you aren't sure but eventually one has to settle down. Who would want to spend their lives with absolute uncertainty? 

The thought of marriage scares me at the moment but then when I see old couples walking hand in hand I think to myself I want that one day. 

Bold - That’s sweet

TotalBetty thumbnail

I used to wonder why do HW celebrities get married after cohabitating for a long time and even talking down marriage 

There’s no societal pressure...

David Letterman used to live with his GF, the mother of his son for a long time and was anti marriage too but suddenly one day he got married at 62 

There was a scandal that he was having an affair with one of his much younger employee, he was not married and his GF was just his baba mama at that time.

His supporters used to argue, so what he’s not married to her...

I found that confusing.

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago