Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

Who decides who is professionally competent in bollywood? 

Ram Gopal Verma 😆

Why is Ananda's account showing as 9131 inactive???😕

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

It is not a proof, these are arguments. Unless it is mathematics or logic, nothing can be proved in philosophy or science. Damn who am I arguing with here. That SEP entry is not about government or publicly traded entity. Nepotism is nepotism, the same arguments mentioned there apply to nepotism of a private company as long as there are other parties involved in that company. it may or may not be illegal. It doesn't have to publicly traded. But I see you are not interested in exploring the POV or accepting mistake rather want to change goal posts here to define a new term called "nepotism of a private individual".

You can try to spin it all you want😆. All my posts have said the same thing. Nepotism is favoring your own over others. It is not the same as criminality. When it is a government/public entity, laws prevent such favoritism. Any other nepotism is 100% natural, normal, and in fact, familial duty. Otherwise, you're not really family or friend.

You got caught trying to act superior. That's it. If it makes you feel good, go right ahead. 😆

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Like I said, in industries where there is quantitative assessments and pre requisites, that is what competence is decided by and u can form a civil case if ur denied opportunities despite meeting prerequisites 

Who decides who is professionally competent in bollywood? 

is there mark sheets, interviews ? Designed pre requisites? licensing that has to be acquired? 
Or is it based on i “like” this actor and I’m going to hire him?

I work for a television studio, and went to a film school. It is drastically different in Hollywood. People go to theatre/drama schools, films schools to learn the craft. Nepo kids don’t even attempt to learn the craft. When a writer rooms opens up, a shower runner  for a movie or a television show looks at their past work or asks for portfolios. When I interned for a television studio, I went through 7 interviews before I landed a job on the studio lot. Sara Ali Khan walked into Rohit Shetty’s office and begged him for a job.  Amy Adams worked as an extra before landing a supporting roles.

Edited by Pappu.Pager - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

You got caught trying to act superior. That's it. If it makes you feel good, go right ahead. 😆

Believe me no one is superior. Not any of us are innocent either 😆

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

You're claiming corruption can't happen without nepotism?😆 I believe world history proves you wrong.

I'm claiming that corruption can't happen without nepotism specifically during college admissions. No need to open history books for that. And anyway, nepotism can get a talentless kid admission in a prestigious college. So what's your point anyway?

As for the claim that parents should cuf their children lose once they reach adulthood, once again, laws of universe prove you wrong. Nor are sane parents going to be fool enough to listen to that gem of an advice. 😆

Laws of universe? Nope, that law is made by humans. Even animals don't care about their off-spring after a certain point of time. Maybe they will not, but I'll not stop saying that it's wrong. No matter how much it irks them.

Why would I stop anyone from repeating otherwise and making a fool of themselves? Thathastu.

Good, because even if you try, you can't. And if you think that I'm a fool, then why are you arguing with me?

Of course anyone can judge. Beauty and curse of a free society. Silly outsiders AND insiders will get judged 😆.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

If people don't want to watch, they won't. There are many options now. 

Kangana obsession?😆 Wasn't the OP on Kangana? Who else would we then talk about?

I'm not OP, and our debate had nothing to do with Kangana. We talked about lot of things but nothing was about Kangana. And you are obsessed with Kangana. Laughing emoji doesn't hide it.

On my part, I find her cheap entertainment. Like reading advice columns. But you can only tolerate this much amount before it makes you sick. I think she's making more people sick now than not.

Oh sure she is. Looking at you. Constantly mentioning her.

PangaNaLe thumbnail

The point of the maybes is to highlight that the situation isn’t black and white like many think...I’ve seen many here equate decisions to hire nepo kids as a criminal offense 😂

But there are people like you to whitewash things in contrast to our blackness, so all is good.👍🏼

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Pappu.Pager

I work for a television studio, and went to a film school. It is drastically different in Hollywood. People go to theatre/drama schools, films schools to learn the craft. Nepo kids don’t even attempt to learn the craft. When a writer rooms opens up, a shower runner  for a movie or a television show looks at their past work or asks for portfolios. When I interned for a television studio, I went through 7 interviews before I landed a job on the studio lot. Sara Ali Khan walked into Rohit Shetty’s office and begged him for a job.  Amy Adams worked as an extra before landing a supporting roles.

Good for u.

So does anyone who goes to film school automatically qualify to become an actor and deserves opportunities?

Just sayin, coz uday Chopra and Shamita shetty and jugal hansraj went to film school and srk did not...

Are they all deserving candidates  ?

Rahman dosent have a degree In music and shruti Hassan does...Is that safe to assume shruti Hassan is a more talented musician than Rahman and deserves better opportunities than him? 

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

There isn’t any assessment in Bollywood bc there Bollywood families are gatekeepers. In Hollywood, NBC, CBS, FOX, Disney, etc all require prerequisites before anyone gets hired. Cinematographers go to films schools. Actors go to drama schools or work in short films. Bollywood is filled with talentless hacks because they have no requirements. And it’s hard to break in, if you aren’t part of the caste system. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

That's a serious allegation. Do you have a proof of me making such a post?

But still, it's her choice.