Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Savera84

Episode 2:

Arnav  momentarily lost in Khushi’s beauty.  When she started struggling in his hands, he came to his senses and discarded her as if his hands were on fire.  He did not care where she landed or whether she hurt herself.  He fired orders to make sure the photos were kept away from media.  One look from him and his security dragged Khushi away into a room and locked her inside. In his rage he did not even notice that her dupatta was stuck under his shoe.

Arnav got straight to the point.  “Find out who sent her.  Was a rival company involved in it?

When the security told him she wasn’t telling anything, he came to the hall himself and asked the security to open the room doors and get lost with his gestures.  He caught Khushi when she was about to escape from the room and him.  

When she pleaded to leave, he told her in no nonsense tone to answer his questions and leave.   

Who sent you, how much money did you get to spoil my show, did you come here to make dowry money?  I don’t care if your sister’s wedding happens or not, girls like you can easily trap another man when one leaves.

Then they played Mexican standoff with their eyes.  When she did not give in to his ruthlessness, his anger skyrocketed.  When he was seething with fury, Khushi asked him all the right questions, but unfortunately that only fuelled his fury.  He lost it when she called him an ill mannered man.  To show her what ill manners is, he breaks her blouse dori.  Pearls scattered all over.  He watches her cover her back with her hair after giving him a fierce look.  He lets her run away.

Before we judge Arnav, let us not forget what he has gone though that day.  This place is associated with bad memories.  His mother shot herself, then his father followed suit on the day when his sister was supposed to get married.  The baarat left abandon his Di at the altar and worst of all their chaacha kicked them out.  Today finally he was able to teach his chaacha a lesson.  This fashion show is everything.  A tribute to his mother, a victory over his chaacha and a gift to his sister who had to carry the burden of a broken wedding all these years.

My thoughts:  Though he got lost in her beauty for a second, he recovered fast.  He donned his ruthless business man hat and did everything to save his fashion show and his reputation.

I don’t think he did anything wrong by detaining Khushi in a room or asking questions.  For him she is an unknown threat and he needs to get to the bottom of it.

But, he knows, by breaking the dori he crossed a line.  He regretted his own action and let Khushi go.

What do you think?

Image                 Image                    Image

Image      Image      Image

Image            Image           Image

Cheers......

I think he realized he crossed the line. It could be seen. 

Though I personally feel that his past excuse or went through that day is no reason to behave like that with any girl. 

I think Arnav as a businessman should have gotten to bottom of the matter to see how she managed to do it on her own or was there a mole in his co.  By holding her hostage he could have landed in trouble if she indeed came with a plan to destroy his show and reputation. All it would take is filing a sexual harassment charge.

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

I don't think we can blame Arnav for breaking Payal's marriage that day. What if it had been a rival agent for real? In that case wouldn't we agree that he should try questioning and getting to the bottom of things. He didn't know that detaining her was going to cause so much of an issue.

Only thing was that after coming to know what happened in the backstage (surely he must have questioned his own staff too), he should have asked for an explanation once and let her go.

But you're right - he was in a really vulnerable stage at that time and Khushi just managed to aggravate it further. I don't think that lets him off the hook for what he said and especially what he did. But yes, we can allow him some benefit of doubt for that.

That was a good post by the way. And here we kick off the Episode 2 🥳

I'm not really a fan of this track but your analysis is making me look at it in a new way from Arnav's PoV. 😊

Love,

Stuti

I agree about the back stage manager.  Can you believe, I even wrote a OS on him?   After hearing the commotion, the backstage manager did not come out clear the misunderstanding.  Must have run away.

I believe the writing was good here.  Arnav thought Khushi was here on purpose and Khushi kept saying that she was there by mistake.  It cemented his assumption and he must have thought that was a rehearsed line.

Had Khushi said, she was looking for room 51 and the man at the back thought she was a model and pushed her on to the stage, then Arnav would have questioned back stage manager and there would not be an IPKKND.  😊

Until the Dori breaking moment, I think Arnav hasn't crossed any line. 

When he realised he was wrong, he let her go.

Cheers.......

Edited by Savera84 - 3 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Happy-go-lucky

And that's how Arnav unwittingly broke off Payal's 1st marriage. 

His di's wedding also got called off due to past events (not yet disclosed) in the same building, a place that fills his soul with poison with its bitterness, so he really couldn't bring himself to care for the trauma he was about to bring to Khushi's family. 

All he cared about at that moment was professional rivalry, his painful past . 

Though a bit charmed (?) by Khushi's innocent beauty (I think) , he couldn't trust her words. And his assessment of "tum jaisi ladki" and Khushi's subsequent responses about his sister hit too close to home (unintentional pun lol 😆). So hot-headed ASR lashed out and broke off the dori ( I'd have slapped him though but anyway ) and realized he might have crossed a limit and thus let Khushi go. 

But damage had already been done by then. 

P.S. - My musing - This guilt of being responsible for her sister's broken almost-marriage made Khushi accept his contract wedding later on, and ASR also knew that is a sore point for her and took advantage I feel. 

You are right, more than people, play of emotions and unintentional remarks did an irrevocable damage.

Cheers....

ItsRain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

At first when I watched the whole fashion show scene and then his interrogation with Khushi afterwards, I was seething and honestly hated his character, understandably. I tried to think about his perspective, just like you said - that he has a painful past associated with Sheesh Mahal, this fashion show was of significant importance to him... but I just couldn't justify his actions, especially the dori. 

What I realized about Arnav though, the more I watched the show... he uses anger and even violence to cope with his pain. People have all sorts of coping mechanisms, and his was created when he was just a teen and went through hell. 

But behind ASR is always Arnav, and that is exactly why he regrets his own actions and finally lets her go. Throughout the show we see a tug of war within himself... maybe that's why it's so interesting to analyze his character - and you are doing a brilliant job Raji!! ❤️

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DuskyDaisy

I agree Stuti, I also couldn't believe when he brought up the contract again when Khushi was getting ready to go to Gupta house. I thought okay maybe the makers want Khushi to go back so that Arnav will bring her back with dignity and much deserved sorry.  But instead they tried to show Arnav is still super arrogant and will use Khushi's financial situation to blackmail her 😲.  My jaw had dropped and I was so mad when he said, "tum meri zindagi me ayi hi kyun." I simply could not believe him. I am awaiting for ya'll  analysis of that episode to understand it better. But still some time tor each that episode 😊

Already that "Biggest mistake of my life" wasn't enough, he went on to add salt to the injury by reminding her of the contract 🤢. And to think that it was Khushi's birthday the next day!! Kya gift mila usse😭. Upar se Arnav has the audacity to make her celebrate her birthday forcefully 😵. Like can you just LEAVE HER ALONE DAMMIT!!! You have done enough damage as it is 

Par nai, Arnav has to dig a deeper grave still, so he went ahead and blackmailed her AGAIN! This time using her family and financial status. It's a true wonder how a girl like Khushi who has so much self-respect managed to live with him and bear his taunts.

It's not like the money taunts ended later... he again says this when they fight over Aarav on Diwali. This eventually lead to the Mrs. India track. Arnav, as much as he may be supportive; has got a caustic tongue when things don't go his way.

Well... ye sab episodes tak pahuchne me to hum buddhe ho jayenge 😆. So its better to discuss whatever comes up in our conversations now itself. 😊

Love,

Stuti

P.S. Sorry for the little late reply. But you know me kaha busy thi 😆. Hope to get my own episode analysis up soon. I'm already late by a few days. 🤔

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

I agree about the back stage manager.  Can you believe, I even wrote a OS on him?   After hearing the commotion, the backstage manager did not come out clear the misunderstanding.  Must have run away.

I believe the writing was good here.  Arnav thought Khushi was here on purpose and Khushi kept saying that she was there by mistake.  It cemented his assumption and he must have thought that was a rehearsed line.

Had Khushi said, she was looking for room 51 and the man at the back thought she was a model and pushed her on to the stage, then Arnav would have questioned back stage manager and there would not be an IPKKND.  😊

Until the Dori breaking moment, I think Arnav hasn't crossed any line. 

When he realised he was wrong, he let her go.

Cheers.......

I had read that OS already, but read it again anyway. Someone should award us for the depth we go to... and all the seemingly stupid and inconsequential things we remember from the show 😆.

Kisi aur show me aise 1-scene characters ko yaad rakha jata hoga? I highly doubt.

Ahem! Good writing is a positive way to look at this 😆.

Most of the misunderstandings in the show were because of Good Writing only. Speaking but never speaking enough  They will keep on repeating the same line 3-4 times like a Parrot but not go on further with the explanation 🤔. But you're right... fir show kaise chalta 😆.

Chalo... I better stop dawdling around IF and go watch this episode. I'll try to write and update as soon as I can. 😳

Savera84 thumbnail

@Stuti and @Happy-go-lucky your subsequent comments were based on the future episodes, we will discuss more about them when the time comes.  Yes, you are right, Khushi took complete responsibility for the broken wedding.  But, Shashi and neighbours assured her that she did the right thing.  I completely agree with them. 

Yes, Arnav knows how Khushi felt about Payal's broken wedding and how she values weddings in general.  That is why he used her belief to force her into a contract wedding.  Again we will discuss that when the time comes.

Cheers.....

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ihtas411

I can't really make up my mind about Arnav  and his behaviour in this particular episode( and many more to come).

One thing I know for sure is he needs to go on anger management course.

I continue to struggle with the fact that he respects his sister his grandmother and of course his mother. However he treats a young girl who is a stranger with contempt and breaks her Dori. How is that possible...split personality blowing hot and cold.

Having said that I do empathise with him because of the situation he is in As I have mentioned before in one of my posts he has this underlying vulnerability never moved on from his childhood when he lost his parents. All that persona of being Mr Cool, having a poker face and acting ruthless it is all  a  facade. A necessary mask to protect him from others and I think that includes his sister in one way or the other. 

You are right.  He thinks nothing matters to him, but, Khushi kept proving that so many things matter to him. Just to prove her wrong, he kept using her own weaknesses against her.  But, the bottom line is, he behaved badly only when she was in his space and hell bent on teaching him what is right and what is wrong.

For example, in anger, he crossed a line and broke her dori.  That is why, even though that particular fashion show was a big deal for him, he let it go and let her go.

Cheers.....

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DuskyDaisy

I agree Stuti, I also couldn't believe when he brought up the contract again when Khushi was getting ready to go to Gupta house. I thought okay maybe the makers want Khushi to go back so that Arnav will bring her back with dignity and much deserved sorry.  But instead they tried to show Arnav is still super arrogant and will use Khushi's financial situation to blackmail her 😲.  My jaw had dropped and I was so mad when he said, "tum meri zindagi me ayi hi kyun." I simply could not believe him. I am awaiting for ya'll  analysis of that episode to understand it better. But still some time tor each that episode 😊

I am not saying Arnav hasn't done wrong things.  He was wrong many times and he was a flawed character.  The first one is Dori breaking.  Yes, we will discuss in depth about it when we get to that episode.

Cheers....

Savera84 thumbnail

Thank you rads!

Cheers....