ArHi: Arnav and his Character Analysis - Will resume soon - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by DuskyDaisy

That Awesome entry and Khushi's fall into Arnav's arm, first episode is one of the best ones that I keep on coming back to. I feel Arnav is like a coconut, appearing very hard from outside but soft inside. His tragic and painful past has made him a very harsh person but we could definitely see his loving and protective side when he introduces her sister on the ramp.

Yes, that was some entry. Your coconut comparison was spot on.  Let us see what other storms he has to face before settling down in life.

Cheers....

Episode 2:

Arnav  momentarily lost in Khushi’s beauty.  When she started struggling in his hands, he came to his senses and discarded her as if his hands were on fire.  He did not care where she landed or whether she hurt herself.  He fired orders to make sure the photos were kept away from media.  One look from him and his security dragged Khushi away into a room and locked her inside. In his rage he did not even notice that her dupatta was stuck under his shoe.

Arnav got straight to the point.  “Find out who sent her.  Was a rival company involved in it?

When the security told him she wasn’t telling anything, he came to the hall himself and asked the security to open the room doors and get lost with his gestures.  He caught Khushi when she was about to escape from the room and him.  

When she pleaded to leave, he told her in no nonsense tone to answer his questions and leave.   

Who sent you, how much money did you get to spoil my show, did you come here to make dowry money?  I don’t care if your sister’s wedding happens or not, girls like you can easily trap another man when one leaves.

Then they played Mexican standoff with their eyes.  When she did not give in to his ruthlessness, his anger skyrocketed.  When he was seething with fury, Khushi asked him all the right questions, but unfortunately that only fuelled his fury.  He lost it when she called him an ill mannered man.  To show her what ill manners is, he breaks her blouse dori.  Pearls scattered all over.  He watches her cover her back with her hair after giving him a fierce look.  He lets her run away.

Before we judge Arnav, let us not forget what he has gone though that day.  This place is associated with bad memories.  His mother shot herself, then his father followed suit on the day when his sister was supposed to get married.  The baarat left abandon his Di at the altar and worst of all their chaacha kicked them out.  Today finally he was able to teach his chaacha a lesson.  This fashion show is everything.  A tribute to his mother, a victory over his chaacha and a gift to his sister who had to carry the burden of a broken wedding all these years.

My thoughts:  Though he got lost in her beauty for a second, he recovered fast.  He donned his ruthless business man hat and did everything to save his fashion show and his reputation.

I don’t think he did anything wrong by detaining Khushi in a room or asking questions.  For him she is an unknown threat and he needs to get to the bottom of it.

But, he knows, by breaking the dori he crossed a line.  He regretted his own action and let Khushi go.

What do you think?

Image                 Image                    Image

Image      Image      Image

Image            Image           Image

Cheers......

Edited by Savera84 - 3 years ago

I don't think we can blame Arnav for breaking Payal's marriage that day. What if it had been a rival agent for real? In that case wouldn't we agree that he should try questioning and getting to the bottom of things. He didn't know that detaining her was going to cause so much of an issue.

Only thing was that after coming to know what happened in the backstage (surely he must have questioned his own staff too), he should have asked for an explanation once and let her go.

But you're right - he was in a really vulnerable stage at that time and Khushi just managed to aggravate it further. I don't think that lets him off the hook for what he said and especially what he did. But yes, we can allow him some benefit of doubt for that.

That was a good post by the way. And here we kick off the Episode 2 🥳

I'm not really a fan of this track but your analysis is making me look at it in a new way from Arnav's PoV. 😊

Love,

Stuti

Edited by ssttuuttii - 3 years ago

And that's how Arnav unwittingly broke off Payal's 1st marriage. 

His di's wedding also got called off due to past events (not yet disclosed) in the same building, a place that fills his soul with poison with its bitterness, so he really couldn't bring himself to care for the trauma he was about to bring to Khushi's family. 

All he cared about at that moment was professional rivalry, his painful past . 

Though a bit charmed (?) by Khushi's innocent beauty (I think) , he couldn't trust her words. And his assessment of "tum jaisi ladki" and Khushi's subsequent responses about his sister hit too close to home (unintentional pun lol 😆). So hot-headed ASR lashed out and broke off the dori ( I'd have slapped him though but anyway ) and realized he might have crossed a limit and thus let Khushi go. 

But damage had already been done by then. 

P.S. - My musing - This guilt of being responsible for her sister's broken almost-marriage made Khushi accept his contract wedding later on, and ASR also knew that is a sore point for her and took advantage I feel. 

Originally posted by Happy-go-lucky

And that's how Arnav unwittingly broke off Payal's 1st marriage. 

His di's wedding also got called off due to past events (not yet disclosed) in the same building, a place that fills his soul with poison with its bitterness, so he really couldn't bring himself to care for the trauma he was about to bring to Khushi's family. 

All he cared about at that moment was professional rivalry, his painful past . 

Though a bit charmed (?) by Khushi's innocent beauty (I think) , he couldn't trust her words. And his assessment of "tum jaisi ladki" and Khushi's subsequent responses about his sister hit too close to home (unintentional pun lol 😆). So hot-headed ASR lashed out and broke off the dori ( I'd have slapped him though but anyway ) and realized he might have crossed a limit and thus let Khushi go. 

But damage had already been done by then. 

P.S. - My musing - This guilt of being responsible for her sister's broken almost-marriage made Khushi accept his contract wedding later on, and ASR also knew that is a sore point for her and took advantage I feel. 

I totally agree. Khushi held herself responsible because she ran away with the shop papers without informing their parents or any elders. And however much everyone may agree that Payal was better off not marrying that man, the broken wedding did affect Payal and the family quite severely.

Arnav knew very well about her guilt. He even talked with Payal regarding that (when he says it wasn't Khushi's fault).

And he intentionally used this fact against her later. I don't know whether to love or hate this quality of his. While it might be admirable to pick out an opponent's weak point and turn situations in your favor in business; but when he does this with Khushi... blackmailing her on the basis of her love, guilt and feeling of gratitude for Payal and Gupta family it makes me so angry 😠. And he doesn't even stop with the contract marriage, he does that again when Khushi goes home near the end of 6 months marriage and he blackmails her using the Gupta family, home and financial situation 🤮.

At least he could be given a benefit of doubt during the contract marriage because of the level of deceit that Shyam had done and also made the wrong impression on him. But later on, after knowing everything, admitting to loving her and still going on to blackmail her?! 🙄

I didn't wish for an elaborate repentance track or separation but it didn't have to be so bad either. 😑

Anyway.. I just went off and away from the episode at hand so let me end this rant over here. 😆

Love ❤️

Originally posted by ssttuuttii

I totally agree. Khushi held herself responsible because she ran away with the shop papers without informing their parents or any elders. And however much everyone may agree that Payal was better off not marrying that man, the broken wedding did affect Payal and the family quite severely.

Arnav knew very well about her guilt. He even talked with Payal regarding that (when he says it wasn't Khushi's fault).

And he intentionally used this fact against her later. I don't know whether to love or hate this quality of his. While it might be admirable to pick out an opponent's weak point and turn situations in your favor in business; but when he does this with Khushi... blackmailing her on the basis of her love, guilt and feeling of gratitude for Payal and Gupta family it makes me so angry 😠. And he doesn't even stop with the contract marriage, he does that again when Khushi goes home near the end of 6 months marriage and he blackmails her using the Gupta family, home and financial situation 🤮.

At least he could be given a benefit of doubt during the contract marriage because of the level of deceit that Shyam had done and also made the wrong impression on him. But later on, after knowing everything, admitting to loving her and still going on to blackmail her?! 🙄

I didn't wish for an elaborate repentance track or separation but it didn't have to be so bad either. 😑

Anyway.. I just went off and away from the episode at hand so let me end this rant over here. 😆

Love ❤️

I totally agree with your assessment , Stuti. 

He inherently knew that family is something very dear to Khushi (even though they treated her as an outsider from time to time but what's our desi show without some level of narrow-mindedness and drama *sigh*), and the cunning businessman that he is, he had used it to his advantage whenever it suited him but I wasn't too comfortable with his blackmailing in personal matters. Especially when he was at fault and was supposed to repent for past mistakes,and not make more in the process. 

Khushi the cutie deserves the world, dammit 

But then I keep reminding that this isn't real 😆

Plenty of FFs are there on that and if we just let our imaginations run wild a bit, we might feel a bit compensated. 😌 

I can't really make up my mind about Arnav  and his behaviour in this particular episode( and many more to come).

One thing I know for sure is he needs to go on anger management course.

I continue to struggle with the fact that he respects his sister his grandmother and of course his mother. However he treats a young girl who is a stranger with contempt and breaks her Dori. How is that possible...split personality blowing hot and cold.

Having said that I do empathise with him because of the situation he is in As I have mentioned before in one of my posts he has this underlying vulnerability never moved on from his childhood when he lost his parents. All that persona of being Mr Cool, having a poker face and acting ruthless it is all  a  facade. A necessary mask to protect him from others and I think that includes his sister in one way or the other. 

Originally posted by ssttuuttii

Love ❤️

I agree Stuti, I also couldn't believe when he brought up the contract again when Khushi was getting ready to go to Gupta house. I thought okay maybe the makers want Khushi to go back so that Arnav will bring her back with dignity and much deserved sorry.  But instead they tried to show Arnav is still super arrogant and will use Khushi's financial situation to blackmail her 😲.  My jaw had dropped and I was so mad when he said, "tum meri zindagi me ayi hi kyun." I simply could not believe him. I am awaiting for ya'll  analysis of that episode to understand it better. But still some time tor each that episode 😊

Originally posted by Savera84

Thank you so much rads.  Last night I was thinking of adding pictures and when I woke up I found your pictures.  Lovely!  

Cheers......

smiley31

Edited by radix - 3 years ago

Another infamous episode.😊 Although it was okay for Arnav to detain her for questioning, it was not at all okay to disrespect Khushi by pulling her dori. No matter how angry he was. I guess since his uncle threw them out of their house for all the money and property, Arnav thinks all people are only after money.