Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heisenberg17 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Depends.. does it really matter what's the number of assymptomatic cases?😆 cuz people with mild symptoms too are quick to get tested.. there is no shortage of kits now unlike the first couple of months.. it's the assymptomatic ones that are missed

Anyhow.. hardly matters what the reason is.. I am just glad i wouldn't have to repeat a rotation in the COVID unit.. PPEs are a headache😆 

It doesn't matter as long as people are safe and following precautions.  I was simply providing a likely explanation for the differences in case numbers between the two countries. ðŸ˜†

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17_

It doesn't matter as long as people are safe and following precautions.  I was simply providing a likely explanation for the differences in case numbers between the two countries. ðŸ˜†

I did not follow the happenings in India much.. But I think Mumbai is the most affected while other cities are somewhat under control? from what I have heard, the housing situations in Mumbai are somewhat cramped.. that could be an issue.. also the whole migration to villages might have spread the disease..

And the number between the two countries also has a lot to do with the huge difference in population

Regardless, I just hope India and the rest of the world comes out of this situation soon.. Corona has stayed more than enough.. Ab bohut hogaya😆

-sakeena- thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

na shukar Pakistani awam like alwys yaha bhi na shukri ..

just hope this corona finsh soon from everywhere 

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

If anyone has any doubt, I can confirm the USA has done pretty much everything wrong which is why we have 4% of the world’s population and 21% of the world’s confirmed COVID-19 deaths 😭. 

If Pakistan really has a positive test percentage over 10% then they are definitely missing lots of cases and the virus isn’t going away. It does sound like Pakistan has done a good job of social distancing and has a young population unlikely to get severely ill making it easy for infections to go unnoticed and uncounted. Also as time passes more and more affordable widely available treatments are established and the death rate keeps going down.  

I have many relatives in India who have diabetes; I don’t know if that is unique to my family but I bet it’s not. Is the rate of diabetes and other high risk conditions similar in India and Pakistan?  In my county in Texas, more of our COVID patients who died have had diabetes than any other high risk illness. 

I have also heard two other theories as well which may help India and Pakistan. The first is that dense populations of young people will actually help the virus spread rapidly and asymptomatically or with only mild symptoms establishing herd immunity much faster than in Europe and the US. The second is that there have been studies showing a degree of natural immunity in some people in Asia - likely because there have been smaller crossovers of this or a closely related virus to people before which for whatever reason didn’t result in sustained transmission but provides a degree of protection against severe illness.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nova19

If anyone has any doubt, I can confirm the USA has done pretty much everything wrong which is why we have 4% of the world’s population and 21% of the world’s confirmed COVID-19 deaths 😭. 

If Pakistan really has a positive test percentage over 10% then they are definitely missing lots of cases and the virus isn’t going away. It does sound like Pakistan has done a good job of social distancing and has a young population unlikely to get severely ill making it easy for infections to go unnoticed and uncounted. Also as time passes more and more affordable widely available treatments are established and the death rate keeps going down.  

I have many relatives in India who have diabetes; I don’t know if that is unique to my family but I bet it’s not. Is the rate of diabetes and other high risk conditions similar in India and Pakistan?  In my county in Texas, more of our COVID patients who died have had diabetes than any other high risk illness. 

I have also heard two other theories as well which may help India and Pakistan. The first is that dense populations of young people will actually help the virus spread rapidly and asymptomatically or with only mild symptoms establishing herd immunity much faster than in Europe and the US. The second is that there have been studies showing a degree of natural immunity in some people in Asia - likely because there have been smaller crossovers of this or a closely related virus to people before which for whatever reason didn’t result in sustained transmission but provides a degree of protection against severe illness.

Bold - No, it’s not unique, diabetes is very prevalent in India (Second in the world) 

African Americans also have greater risk of type 2 diabetes. Obesity is also higher among them... (One theory why USA has more cases and deaths than Europe or Australia)

Red - Hope that’s true

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Why would they close the shops early ? Or keep them open only for 2 hrs?

If anything after a lockdown, during a pandemic shouldn’t they keep the shops open for even longer hours...

Who came up with that brilliant idea

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Why would they close the shops early ? Or keep them open only for 2 hrs?

If anything after a lockdown, during a pandemic shouldn’t they keep the shops open for even longer hours...

Who came up with that brilliant idea

Are you talking about the lockdown in Pakistan? Shops are opened from 8-5.. during Ramadan, from sehri to 5

General stores and pharmacies were allowed to remain open all the time but with SOP practices.. it's kinda funny how everywhere the floor is now engraved with two feet to show people where they are supposed to stand for social distancing

TotalBetty thumbnail

Are you talking about the lockdown in Pakistan? Shops are opened from 8-5.. during Ramadan, from sehri to 5

General stores and pharmacies were allowed to remain open all the time but with SOP practices.. it's kinda funny how everywhere the floor is now engraved with two feet to show people where they are supposed to stand for social distancing

Yes I know (Actually from this thread)

I was talking about places like India where I heard they used to close shops early or kept them open for only a very short period of time

I thought for a cramped and a heavily populated place it was a very bad idea

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Testing ho rahi hai Pakistan men?

Literally there is was a NYT article about how Pakistan doesn’t even have proper testing, and here we got someone comparing numbers. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

I did not follow the happenings in India much.. But I think Mumbai is the most affected while other cities are somewhat under control? from what I have heard, the housing situations in Mumbai are somewhat cramped.. that could be an issue.. also the whole migration to villages might have spread the disease..

And the number between the two countries also has a lot to do with the huge difference in population

Regardless, I just hope India and the rest of the world comes out of this situation soon.. Corona has stayed more than enough.. Ab bohut hogaya😆

Migration to villages has contributed a lot in spreading. I know of someone whose whole family in city is safe but a relative in village is infected. 

Thats the reason I can never hail someone who sent scores of migrants home as a hero.. And all those who kept the migrant issue burning for long.. Forced them to return to villages either by taking away their home Or manipulating them emotionally Or sending bulk whatsApp msgs..they were used. 

Now businesses reopened everywhere and there is work but many of them r still stuck in their villages.. And many even returned as soon as curbs were lifted.. 

Sad situation

Edited by niyati13 - 3 years ago