Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

People who think that a major overhaul will happen in BW and it’s functioning are only kidding themselves. 

Nothing is going to change becoz BW doesn’t want to change at all.. 

They’ve made it into a rigid, orthodox way of run their well oiled family business.. and almost everyone in BW is connected in someway or the other thro’ their blood ties / relationships. So they like to extend their support or give work to their own people ( insiders ) only. 

If anything, SSR death is a lesson to learn for all outsiders or newcomers who want to enter BW. These people need mental fortitude and strong emotional support ( at home ) to make the cut and to survive in this cut throat business.

We as audience can try to change our way by choosing to consume only good cinema or support outsiders by watching their films and praising them but there are many people in this world who watch films to get entertained, to forget their reality for those 2 hrs of movie time, so they will continue to watch movies of their fav actor or a fav genre like superhero’s. So BW industry will still continue to earn its money.. thro ticket sales, tv rights and OTT streaming, etc. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Im not sure if anything will change but all I will say if it doesn’t change now.... it never will. This can be a turning point, if it is allowed to be 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

We are living in abnormal times.....once everything goes back to normal...theaters open....normalcy resumes......BW will start once again as if nothing happened.....log apne kaam mein.....bachhe padhai mein busy ho jaayenge....BW will still remain the biggest source of entertainment in India...

People sitting behind the computers have no idea that the most basic source of the entertainment in India is movies and TV...people don't have the luxury of taking a car and drive to  resort...to go hiking, travelling..on vacations....nah....it would still be BW movie....BW isn't going anywhere.

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't even know why the whole industry needs to be banned. In every industry, there are good and bad people. If you give up on everyone, then the good people suffer.

My motto is be the change you want to see. I want to see good movies with good talent so I will watch anything that fits that criteria and avoid everything else. If enough people follow this, they will eventually see the change they want.

Edited by HugeScarcity - 3 years ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

I don't even know why the whole industry needs to be banned. In every industry, there are good and bad people. If you give up on everyone, then the good people suffer.

My motto is be the change you want to see. I want to see good movies with good talent so I will watch anything that fits that criteria and avoid everything else. If enough people follow this, they will eventually see the change they want.

People just like to make blanket statements.....without realizing the gravity of it.....BW is a freaking huge industry.....which provides employment to thousands and thousands of workers......all of them are outsiders.....they are not nepo kids.....matlab hawa mein baatein karni hai bas....BW ban kar doh...BW ban karne ka kya asar hoga socha kabhi??

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Salman  is not innocent. He is a part of Bollywood Mafia.

Sea-stars thumbnail

Glamour world = Hypocrisy

Change is definitely needed. Only public can bring in change.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tippy-top

Salman  is not innocent. He is a part of Bollywood Mafia.

But he is farming atleast

Sushant wanted time farm but Rhea stopped him 

Sea-stars thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But he is farming atleast

Salman is not innocent at all.

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I think Things will change.
People will still Watch films in theatres, yes they will keep watching bhatt, dharma, yrf films. However, there will be more awareness within the industry be it the media, awards in how they treat insiders vs outsiders.  I know for one that kwk will never be back. And filmfare award, there credibility will not be there anymore. 
you will have two circles, the industry elite who will try to keep there culture intact. And then the rest of the crowd including the audience who won’t give a rats ass about it. There will be clashing, and eventually I really believe the Corrupt system that bw tries to maintain Will collapse in a few years. But this will only happen with audience power; without it-nada. If the stamina maintains as it is today; then things for sure will change. Knowing how fickle the audience is, it is uncertain tho.
I do think the most effected will be bhatts, Karan johar..they lost a whole lot of respect and credibility..and that prob won’t go away. There films may be watched, but then as public personalities won’t Hold much weight anymore.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago