Posted: 3 years ago

Saroj Khan was removed from ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ because of Katrina Kaif

Saroj was supposed to choreograph Katrina Kaif in Vijay Krishna Acharya's Thugs Of Hindostan but was dropped at the last minute. "I can’t judge actresses because I have only seen them in songs choreographed by others. Katrina looks good and there was a chance of collaborating on
Thugs of Hindostan," she said.

"But as the shoot was coming up, she told the makers she wouldn’t do the song without rehearsals and I was summarily replaced with Prabhudheva," she added.

She further says, “I was part of the movie” Thugs of Hindostan “but Prabhu deva took my place. Prior to singing Suraiya, Katrina Kaif said that she does not want to dance without practice. After that, choreographer Prabhudeva was replaced on her place. ‘Saroj Khan said, ‘Finally your work speaks. It does not require you to bow in front of anyone and ask for work. ‘

Edited by Yuvle-Forever - 3 years ago

Bash Katrina for whatever reasons you want, but asking for a practice before the final take, cannot be one of the reasons. Saroj Khan had the habit of dominating the environment and thinking whatever she said is the ONLY right thing ( I do not know her personally, I am speaking through my exposure of her in all the shows she judged.)

Just because she is no more, now articles like this will keep pouring in.

PS- I am NOT a Katrina fan AT ALL

Katrina got her replaced?

Interesting manipulation of the situation to come up with that title.

So Katrina wanted to rehearse and practice, Saroj didn't give in, and than YRF thought lets not drag it, and replaced her with Prabhudeva.

So we can say Saroj got replaced because of Katrina's condition, but we can't say she got her replaced. I mean it is a case of differences, rather than power play.

But if someone think Katrina should have been replaced with a better dancer and actor, instead of replacing Saroj Khan, than yeah, you can have ab opinion.

What's wrong with this? Katrina asked to do better work and more commitment, and SK wasn't willing. That's HER problem.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Someone passes and people start digging old issues to bash the ones to who are living to ruin their peaceful life.

Media is pathetic.

So many excuses for outsider poor Katrina. 

That’s not what happened. 

She was replaced because Katrina didn’t give her enough time to rehearse and Masterji was not happy with the outcome. Katrina complained and Masterji got replaced. 

There is no respect for genuine talent while such useless people with absolutely zero talent and  appalling behavior, is excused. 

I take umbrage at calling Masterji a tyrant . She wasn’t. She was strict but if someone couldn’t get the steps right  she was patient and would teach with great care . The only think she asked of you was to be serious about learning. She was extremely serious about her craft and didn’t like if someone looked down on it. 

Giving importance to people like Katrina and replacing people like Saroj khan is a fine example of decoding the mediocrity of Bollywood. 

Edited by Pr1yanka - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Midsommar

Easily the worst actress ever. It's a pain to watch her on screen. The only reason she has survived so far is because she really knows how to jiggle her bazongaas. Lol Imagine the criticism if she was a starkid.

Exactly my point. If she was a starkid, people would be like let's bash her first reading the headline 😆

Had it been alia/sara/jhanvi/ananya and likes  instead of Katrina this thread would have definitely crossed 20+ pages by now 😆. 

But maine toh pehle hi kaha tha iss Industry main sab ek hi khet ki mooli hai koi kissi se kaam nahi.