Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Imran is still pretty popular among the diaspora. People love JTYJN, IHLS and those sort of movies. He made some really weird choices and I think people should also give credit to Aamir Khan. He could have easily used his nephew for small roles in his movies but he didn't 

According to many news and articles Aamir Khan actually wanted to help Imran out more but Imran refused himself.

ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

They're only being nice to him because he went away. Now they want a nepo kid to succeed? They are only likable for them when they've failed.

If Imran was successful, they would be leading the same hate campaigns against him that they're doing for Alia. As if the others also don't feel mentally weak in life sometimes. 

I absolutely agree with whatever you are saying here, definitely he would receive hate comments too had he been successful like the other nepo kids. But now if we look at his current situation regarding his career and personal life, then he deserves supports too and now he is getting that. Better late than never.

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wasn't he planning to become a director ?

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

They're only being nice to him because he went away. Now they want a nepo kid to succeed? They are only likable for them when they've failed.

If Imran was successful, they would be leading the same hate campaigns against him that they're doing for Alia. As if the others also don't feel mentally weak in life sometimes. 

Isn’t everybody saying they wish they were there for him or asked him how he was doing in the case of SSR? I thought its nice that people learned something from it and being nice to a guy who is at seemingly at a low who could do with some kindness? I wouldn’t read anymore than that into it....

ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakhtaavar

Wasn't he planning to become a director ?

He was, he even directed a short film named Mission Mars on 2018, but it didn't do much great like he expected. And after then he has totally disappeared from the industry. 😒

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

So basically the hate is reserved for successful starkids/insiders and hence Abhay and Imran get love and support?😆

That being said, Imran seemed like a sweet guy.. but a bad actor nonetheless.. his dialogue delivery is the worst

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Someone posted that there is another actor who is battling depression and that he was once successful, people thought that’s its Imran khan. There is a lot of written about his privat life.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Eboza

Someone posted that there is another actor who is battling depression and that he was once successful, people thought that’s its Imran khan. There is a lot of written about his privat life.

Can Imran really he called once successful though.. he was touted to be althe next big thing but couldn't do much beyond a couple of hit films, the credit of which cannot even be given to him alone.. I don't think he ever had what one would call a successful phase

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ffkhan

He is not as bad as people make his up to be. He was good in Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, his expression is very captivating according to me. With good scripts, he could be way ahead than many other actors in B-town by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0JF7-d3Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHu4PLhuKgQ

See, I always rooted for Imran over Ranbir whenever that Imran vs Ranbir phase was around. I found his debut much more promising. Imran also didn't do things for fake publicity like Ranbir which is all the more reasons I rooted for him. But I meant improvement in the sense that Imran always stuck to Rom-Com sort of film. His character in JTYJN was not very different from IHLS, MBKD, EMAET, etc. I wish he did more diverse work and characters. Something different. Different body language. Different demeanor. Well researched content films. He did Dehli Belly which he was appreciated. I think he was doing film which he thought would do well instead of doing content driven work. That shunted his growth and made his career stagnant. I watched nearly all his films. Even that terrible snoozefest Break Ke Baad with DP. That's because I rooted for him but was disappointed seeing him do the same type of "comiing of age" love stories.

ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

So basically the hate is reserved for successful starkids/insiders and hence Abhay and Imran get love and support?😆

That being said, Imran seemed like a sweet guy.. but a bad actor nonetheless.. his dialogue delivery is the worst

You should read the last paragraph again! I have clearly stated that Imran is not as bad as the nepo kids of the generation. We shouldn't forget that even his maamu Aamir Khan is a product of nepotism but look how he's shining today. Imran Khan could improve over years, at least he is not bland like many other nepo kids and that's his plus point. Regarding Abhay Deol, he gave superb performances in movies like Socha Na Tha and Dev D, so he is not an actor to be totally ignored.

Edited by ffkhan - 3 years ago