Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Anju

I am deeply sorry, I have no words to describe how I feel. These characters come alive on these pages from my own personal interactions with people around me in everyday life

I save nuggets of my 1:1 with people some place subconsciously

They spill out when I begin writing a story

I have a dear Maharshtrian friend that lives in this country who married a man upon her parents insistence and he ended up beating her up daily, she moved out and lived in fear for many years. He was actually tracking her down (pre cell phone era)

By 2009? I am going to say she found another sweet Marathi guy and is now married to him.

She is so emotionally scarred you can tell when you meet her

I don't know what it is to be afraid and run from a spouse

I applaud you for showing your middle finger to the guy and congratulate you for finding happiness

Yes, there are good men everywhere. But the a-----es are more popular

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks Nisha 

Unlike a lot of people I had bro and bff who stood by me thru all the physio therapy and court sessions

I reconciled over the years with the rest of the fam. ..took me a lot of time and courage to forgive them as they feared society more

Atleast our generation should make sure that our children feel free to tell us everything and strong enf I. Everywhich way if prob hit.

That's the only reason I have shared my story on various forums. Hoping to give sisters mother's and everyone courage to support a sis or bro in need

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I'm so sorry Anju. It pains me immensely to even read what you went through with that kind of abuse which required medical intervention . Oh my! I'm so very sorry. You walked away a stronger person resisting a brute with all the courage you could muster . That for me is the only  most pleasing take away . 

May God be kind to bless you with all good things now and forever. 

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Anju

Life is extraordinarily tough at times, forces us to be heroes when we only want to be regular unremarkable nobodies.

I am glad you didnt take it lying down.

I find it hard to forgive😭 You are a better human being than I am.

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

I love my mom ...but she nags like shub mom and I made the same mistake she may do get married. I did stand up for wanting a career wanting to do post grad but at some point like shub I was 29 tired of being rejected as I not really great looking and wear glasses. At some point I had given up

But then  it did not work out .I ended physically bruised and emo burned out. 

I did pick up the pieces few years later got married and have a baby now at 36. 

Hugs 🤗 Anju.  Glad to hear you were able to fight, get what you wanted and happily married with baby.  

I totally admire you. I am so complacent (those exact words from my daughter). I don’t push the boundaries or task risks. But I’m so glad to see girls are standing up for what they want. Cheers 🥂 to all of them 

Edited by jaschick - 3 years ago
Sudha1012 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Update please

Waitingggg 

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

I applaude you for your courage AnjuRish. You took a stand and built your life back. 

AnjuRish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errrantnomad

I'm so sorry Anju. It pains me immensely to even read what you went through with that kind of abuse which required medical intervention . Oh my! I'm so very sorry. You walked away a stronger person resisting a brute with all the courage you could muster . That for me is the only  most pleasing take away . 

May God be kind to bless you with all good things now and forever. 

Thanks for the kind words 

AnjuRish thumbnail

Thanks ladies I am touched means a lot ...💕💕

I always tell bro that he is my druva Tara 

it's just that I hope my voice helps other people fight or help or support people who are fighting.

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Keep the Distance

"I am just thinking since I am going to be married why not just move back?" she mumbled

She was thinking of either giving up her office or her apartment

It was too expensive, with trying to make an out of court settlement with Mrs Kataria she was going to have to fork out more than she had estimated

She spent two entire days with Mrs Kataria at her sprawling Maharani Bagh home trying to convince her it was a pure mistake

They went over the time line of events over and over again and argued and finally started talking about how much would make "Mrs Kataria's pain go away"

If Manik had found out he would realize karma is a bitch. All the scamming he had done over the years was coming back to bite his daughter.

It was crushing her business every time she was trying to make some headway

First it was Tapan, and now Mrs Kataria

Of course, he didnt know, because he was dealing with his own problems

His wife's plans for the wedding was grwoing an arm and a leg daily and ballooning out of shape

Aruba, Alaska, Mauritius, Dubai, russia, Sweden

She was picking places... NOT India

The lawn could fit around 500 easy

When he had bought it he had imagined sending her off from here

The backyard stone gazebo stolen from a run down Marwar estate, flanked by a stone pillared walkway of sorts also stolen/acquired from a Bidwar estate were all marble with fine carving

If he had to sell this house, it would be a fitting finale

But Tara wouldnt have any of it

He wished he was having an affair, he could go to her house and unwind, drink, and have --- and blow off steam

It was very common among the Dilli elite

Spouses looked the other way, Page 3 appearances required certain facades but behind closed doors people lived by a different set of rules

As if on cue, his daughter was doing the same thing, in NOIDA

Doing the math to see if she wanted to keep the office or the apartment

She knew her Dad still owed money to Mintu Gulati

Getting rid of the house would be wise

she loved her new bamboo blinds and her creative wine cellar in the kitchen

She loved her furnishings

She hadnt thrown one party but she had Arya memories everywhere

She had to tell her Dad she was going to do it

"I have the money love, you dont have to sell your apartment for the wedding" Manik spoke, resigned

There was no outrage or bluster

Made her wonder if he was relieved she was selling

"I know that... I want to be close to you guys before I get married" she claimed

"Vaddiya" he laughed happily

There was no convincing or protests either she realized

Wow!!

She moved out a couple days later, selling her office would send the wrong signal to the expat relocation firms. They will see at weakness and unprofessional behavior

They will stop sharing leads

With everything going on with Mrs Kataria and Punita, she was glad there was no "news channel breaking news" with the drama

She should count her blessings.

Her apartment stuff was loaded and taken to the Mehrauli farm house

There were enough empty rooms on the 3rd floor, she was having it cleaned and she would put it all there

tara hated the whole idea

She had publicized the fact "My daughter is an entreprenuer she lives by herself she is successful ands mart"

This was a huge blow to her

she avoided meeting Shubhra F2F for a couple days after she returned

Manik and her would have more fights now over this topic

parul represented warmth and joy. Forgetting her brother was going to be impossible

"I am thinking since I am getting married I dont need this apartment" she mumbled

Parul sat across her in shock

nothing was news to her, she knew about Pawan and his antics and had called Shubhra to ask if she knew what she was doing etc

"Don't go until you are married na?" Parul begged teary eyed

"I am going home more, driving back from Mehrauli takes too long"

"Office to yahin hai?" Parul argued

"Hmm.. I dont know if i will move that to Bangalore or Delhi/Gurgaon"

"Pawan ko NOIDA pasand nahi?" Parul was outraged

"I don't know... I havent asked"

"I cant bear to see you go" Parul sniffled waving a finger

"I will miss Arya and you.. and Tap." Shubhra trailed off turning red at her mistake "Gagan"

No point in missing Tapan

They both knew there was no future

Her Dad would have Tapan drawn and quartered if he ever found out

tapan didnt even care for the mention of her Dad even

It would be ugly and dangerous

She knew Tapan wouldnt hurt her physically or cheat on her... she could somehow tell

"Tapan ko kaha?" Parul asked bringing some sweets after turning off her cooker

"Mmm..mm" Shubhra shook her head

She was going to miss this cozy house the smell of food, the furniture the clothes drying off the balcony, the sounds of pressure cooker

"Har Friday kaam ke baad yaha aakar khaana kha lo" "Or come every evening" Parul smiled

shubhra began to weep

"Oh honeyyyy" Parul hugged her tight

"I will miss you more than I miss my friends" Shubhra mumbled

"Oh you have no idea how much I wish things were different

I wish Tapan had chosen a different path to heal. I wish you were a mean nasty girl It would have been easy to keep my distance" Parul cried and laughed