Today's Episode and Kshama

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

If BRC Yudhishthir is obsessed with something it isn't about betting, but KSHAMA. I swear if anyone counts the no of times he says Kshama, it will be a huge one! 

But how come even this time nobody spoke up? I understand that Agyatvas was important, but speaking up against injustice does not prove your identity. Any normal person in their right mind would have done that. 

Also, loved Bheem's love for Panchali in today's episode. This was so well done. Roopa is great in her performance too. 

If there's one thing we should admire Bheem for it should be for his love for Panchali.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonnet11 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kshama? And he is Dharamraj? Imagine even for a moment that you forgive such a person but then what about the entire female race of the country? Unko bhi bologe, "kshama kardo"? It simply means that women are not safe in your Kingdom. 

Seriously, it is not even about revenge, not about forgiveness. It is about justice! It is about the fundamental ethics that a civilized society needs to follow. Kshama is not justice just like revenge isn't justice. Law and order is justice. I am amazed he is called Dharamraj. 

I understand the whole politics as to how that king needed Kheechak and how Yudi needed a place to hide but this is all now going too far. 

Bheem was love today. As much as he loves Panchali, I am convinced that this man understands Dharma better than any other mortal in the epic. He understands that a woman's honour matter and there shouldn't be any compromise with this. 

I loved Bheem-Arjuna duo today. Arjun was awesome as Arjun. The fire of anger was so palpable in his eyes and gestures. Roopa Ganguly is, of course, awesome as Draupadi. 

Edited by sonnet11 - 4 years ago
ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Seriously, I was seething at that scene.

Not only at Yudhisthir, but also all the other men who watched a woman getting beat up and molested.🤢

The king looked like a carbon copy of Dhritarasthra🤢

No words for Yudhisthir. I don't want to offend anyone, but Yudhisthir is a character I strongly dislike.👎🏼

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Roopa as Draupadi is an enigma. 

I don't know what this nonsense is. Keechak could have openly sexually harassed her and yet Yudhishthir would say Kshama. I am sorry but this doesn't show a big heart but lack of a spine. One must know the limit somewhere. 

I really need an explanation as to why Yudhishthir is Dharma Raj. 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPurka66

Seriously, I was seething at that scene.

Not only at Yudhisthir, but also all the other men who watched a woman getting beat up and molested.🤢

The king looked like a carbon copy of Dhritarasthra🤢

No words for Yudhisthir. I don't want to offend anyone, but Yudhisthir is a character I strongly dislike.👎🏼

Imagine being this spineless. Loved how Draupadi rightly said kayaar. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This is what Yudhishtira actually says:

'Stay not here, O Sairindhri; but retire to the apartments of Sudeshna. The wives of heroes bear affliction for the sake of their husbands, and undergoing toil in ministering unto their lords, they at last attain to region where their husbands may go. Thy Gandharva husbands, effulgent as the sun, do not, I imagine, consider this as an occasion for manifesting their wrath, inasmuch as they do not rush to thy aid. O Sairindhri, thou art ignorant of the timeliness of things, and it is for this that thou weepest as an actress, besides interrupting the play of dice in Matsya's court. Retire, O Sairindhri; the Gandharvas will do what is agreeable to thee. And they will surely display thy woe and take the life of him that hath wronged thee.'

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m04/m04016.htm

Not about kshama. He's telling Panchali to stop being an actress and put up with it for Pandavas' sake. They'll take care of it later.

sonnet11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This is what Yudhishtira actually says:

'Stay not here, O Sairindhri; but retire to the apartments of Sudeshna. The wives of heroes bear affliction for the sake of their husbands, and undergoing toil in ministering unto their lords, they at last attain to region where their husbands may go. Thy Gandharva husbands, effulgent as the sun, do not, I imagine, consider this as an occasion for manifesting their wrath, inasmuch as they do not rush to thy aid. O Sairindhri, thou art ignorant of the timeliness of things, and it is for this that thou weepest as an actress, besides interrupting the play of dice in Matsya's court. Retire, O Sairindhri; the Gandharvas will do what is agreeable to thee. And they will surely display thy woe and take the life of him that hath wronged thee.'

Not about kshama. He's telling Panchali to stop being an actress and put up with it for Pandavas' sake. They'll take care of it later.

Edited to clarify:

Thanks for sharing! In that case, the serial really played with Yudhishtir's character (I mean the serial made him look better than the text). But even this response (as shown in the show) is unsatisfactory. The king (erstwhile King, Yudi) needed to hear some words of wisdom on justice and women's safety. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonnet11

Thanks for sharing! In that case, the serial really played with Yudhishtir's character. 

They whitewashed it. Actual text says Yudhishtira asked Panchali to PUT UP with Keechak which is worse than what the show portrayed. Yudhishtira told her to stop being an actress and interrupting his game. They'd kill Keechak later. My question is later when? After he assaults her?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Panchali went to King Virat, not Pandavas because they had no power under the circumstances. Virat had already refused to help. Panchali initially lists what Keechak did, laments that Pandavas could not retaliate, then she tells Virat he is being neglectful of his duties as a king.

What can I (a weak woman) do when Virata, deficient in virtue, coolly suffereth my innocent self to be thus wronged by a wretch? Thou dost not, O king, act like a king towards this Kichaka. Thy behaviour is like that of a robber, and doth not shine in a court. That I should thus be insulted in thy very presence, O Matsya, is highly improper. Oh, let all the courtiers here look at this violence of Kichaka. Kichaka is ignorant of duty and morality, and Matsya also is equally so. These courtiers also that wait upon such a king are destitute of virtue.'

Thia is when Yudhishtira actually interrupts and tells her women should put up with trouble (in her case, being assaulted by Keechak) for the sake of their husbands. Yudhishtira then tells her to stop acting and let the king's dice game continue.

sonnet11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

They whitewashed it. Actual text says Yudhishtira asked Panchali to PUT UP with Keechak which is worse than what the show portrayed. Yudhishtira told her to stop being an actress and interrupting his game. They'd kill Keechak later. My question is later when? After he assaults her?

Really, this is lack of spine, man. I can't even imagine if he had any level of respect for women as a human being in his mind. Like I said before that all was going way too far and unacceptable.