Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Yudhistar said to draupadi that suyudhan does not  deserve kingdom 

But however   yudhistar said to draupadi  I deserve sovereignty  and I am possessed with forgiveness 

I think yudhistar is talking about himself to draupadi that due to  that his  possesive  with forgiveness  he can't be slayer 

Read the entire conversation starting with linked page. It's a few pages long but worth the time and effort. You'll see Panchali's political philosophy.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03027.htm

Yudhishtira eventually loses the argument and accuses her of being an atheist.

Eventually, VYASA comes and tells them exactly what Pamchali was saying all along. ðŸ˜† Ie, prep for war.

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Though yudhistar has forgiving nature most of time but ironically it is arjun become weak in Mahabharata battle not yudhistar

Yudhishthir has a forgiving nature and Arjun feeling weak are two different things and qualities of comparison. How are you comparing the two? 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Read the entire conversation starting with linked page. It's a few pages long but worth the time and effort. You'll see Panchali's political philosophy.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03027.htm

Yudhishtira eventually loses the argument and accuses her of being an atheist.

Eventually, VYASA comes and tells them exactly what Pamchali was saying all along. ðŸ˜† Ie, prep for war.

Panchali's character is not well explored imo. Most scholars reduce her to a catalyst that caused war or an impulsive heroine. These parts of the epic must be put into view to see her political philosophical and societal POV. 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPurka66

Wow ! Just read through the thread. So Yudhisthir in the actual version, asked Draupadi to PUT UP with it? ðŸ¤¬

So, he was okay with her being sexually assaulted in order to not disclose their identities? .

Patriarchy at it's peak.😡

I have never seen anyone so spineless.🤢

Not to forget he literally said stop the drama and let us play dyut. 

Reminds me of sasumas in Hindi serials. 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Panchali's character is not well explored imo. Most scholars reduce her to a catalyst that caused war or an impulsive heroine. These parts of the epic must be put into view to see her political philosophical and societal POV. 

She is undoubtedly the heroine of the epic. 

It is about her

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

In  Mahabharata everyone one was faulty 

However  Lord Krishna do explain to yudhistar that  forgiveness is nice things but it has no  value unless he unable to  punish  

Only that person can forgive  who is able to punish 

And yudhistar understand that 

And there is poem too of Lord Krishna and yudhistar

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Why can't I compare   yudhistar forgiveness and  arjun weakness 

sonnet11 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

She is undoubtedly the heroine of the epic. 

It is about her

And the way she puts forth her point of view, so straight forward and sharp. She is the mouthpiece of all the women in the epic. I am her fan. She has the fire that can burn all the patriarchal mindsets. 

sonnet11 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In  Mahabharata everyone one was faulty 

However  Lord Krishna do explain to yudhistar that  forgiveness is nice things but it has no  value unless he unable to  punish  

Only that person can forgive  who is able to punish 

And yudhistar understand that 

And there is poem too of Lord Krishna and yudhistar

I agree that forgiveness is a virtue and it is beneficial for the peace of one's mind and soul but man, we are talking about a society, a country. A civilized society doesn't work this way. It is not about kshama but it is about the safety of walking and breathing human beings. It is about human dignity. For that we need an efficient and due process of justice. This is the exact thing that Lord Krishna is trying to instil in Yudi's kshamadan mind. 

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Why can't I compare   yudhistar forgiveness and  arjun weakness 

Forgiveness is not weakness. 

There is a difference between not wanting to forgive and willingly asking someone to forgive heinous crimes and feeling sad and guilty on having to fight loved ones. 

They are not the same.