Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

About Krishna sentence

Statement of Lord Krishna :

that Phalguna than whom I have no dearer friend on earth, that friend to whom there is nothing that I cannot give including my very wives and children, that dear friend Partha of unstained acts, never said unto me, O brahmana, such words as these which thou hast uttered.

So yeah he did say that,  but I don't think he literally meant it.  And I find Krishna neutral to Karna..  Yes he was merry when Karna died but I find him genuine.  But again that is clearly play of perspective 

Sanskruthi thumbnail

Well just a doubt, 

Suta is a person born of a Brahmin mother and Kshatriya father. King Yayati married Devyani who is a brahmin and their son was Yadu who founded the Yadava dynasty where Krishna was born. So technically Krishna is also a Suta. ðŸ˜ˆ

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

Well just a doubt, 

Suta is a person born of a Brahmin mother and Kshatriya father. King Yayati married Devyani who is a brahmin and their son was Yadu who founded the Yadava dynasty where Krishna was born. So technically Krishna is also a Suta. ðŸ˜ˆ

Yes, Krishna was suta. Doesn't that tell you something? Pandavas and Panchali treated Krishna with reverence. 

So was Kunti as Surasena's daughter. As her children, so were Pandavas. Abhimanyu even more so.

But Karna was a dog in the eyes of Pandavas and Panchali. Nope, not because of caste. Because of his loathsome nature.

Btw, wasn't it the Kauravas who insulted Krishna when he went there as emissary.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Yes, Krishna was suta. Doesn't that tell you something? Pandavas and Panchali treated Krishna with reverence. 

So was Kunti as Surasena's daughter. As her children, so were Pandavas. Abhimanyu even more so.

But Karna was a dog in the eyes of Pandavas and Panchali. Nope, not because of caste. Because of his loathsome nature.

Btw, wasn't it the Kauravas who insulted Krishna when he went there as emissary.

See he was ridiculed on basis of caste that's what text tells....  He is loathsome or no depends on personal opinion ðŸ˜Š

HearMeRoar thumbnail

About Krishna sentence

that Phalguna than whom I have no dearer friend on earth, that friend to whom there is nothing that I cannot give including my very wives and children, that dear friend Partha of unstained acts, never said unto me, O brahmana, such words as these which thou hast uttered.

So yeah he did say that,  but I don't think he literally meant it.  And I find Krishna neutral to Karna..  Yes he was merry when Karna died but I find him genuine.  But again that is clearly play of perspective 

Nope. Acc to BORI, the quote is: 

Tomorrow, I will act sothat Arjuna, Kunti’s son, can kill Jayadratha before the sun has set. My wives, my friends, my

relatives and my kin are not dearer to me than Arjuna, Kunti’s son, is. O Daruka! Bereft ofArjuna, I will not be able to look at the world even for an instant. Therefore, it shall not bethat way.35 For Arjuna’s sake, I will slay the standard-bearers of the enemy, with theirhorses, chariots and elephants, with Karna and Suyodhana. In the great battle tomorrow, letthe three worlds witness my valour. O Daruka! For Dhananjaya’s sake, I will show my valourin the battle. O Daruka! Tomorrow, I will rout thousands of kings and hundreds of princes,with their horses, elephants and chariots. Tomorrow, you will witness the army of kingsshattered by my chakra. For the sake of Pandava, I will angrily bring them down in the battle.Tomorrow, the gods, the gandharvas, the pishachas, the serpents, the rakshasas and all theworlds will know me as Savyasachi’s well-wisher. He who hates him, hates me too. He whofollows him, follows me too. Use your intelligence to comprehend that Arjuna is half of mybody.

________

No place does it say Krishna mentioned sharing his wives. 

Also re: neutrality. Generally, one doesn't promise to kill someone one is neutral towards. Krishna swore to kill Karna. Twice.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

See he was ridiculed on basis of caste that's what text tells....  He is loathsome or no depends on personal opinion ðŸ˜Š

Karna was ridiculed, period It wasn't on basis of caste. It was on basis of his evil nature.

re: the Shanti Parva quote. 1. Karna was dead by then. 2. Yudhishtira himself was of mixed caste.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Karna was ridiculed, period It wasn't on basis of caste. It was on basis of his evil nature.

That's your opinion, I've no issues but I don't comply.

Sanskruthi thumbnail

About Krishna sentence

Reference - Sauptika Parva: Section 12

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

That's how you look at it,  for him he tried his best to do right by all For his bio Momma Kunti by sparing her 4 sons, (contrary to popular belief she did not ask Karna to spare her sons), he stood by his friend by fighting war for him knowing the consequences and tried to kill Arjuna.

He was not manipulated by Krishna he turned down his offer and did not do the any circus like declaring curses or participate after knowing truth about his birth from Krishna, he simply accepted it. I mean, I believe a raise was expected of him considering even Yudhi could not take the revelation lightly. 

I believe Krishna genuinely wanted him to side pandavas considering he visited Karna again in the field. 

That offer was manipulation nothing else the purpose was just to plant 'what ifs' in his mind. This is krishna we are talking  he is great at playing this game if he really did wanted to offer anything go karna he would have revealed everything to yudhishtra and duryodhan and both would left their claim on throne you see duryodhan was a better friend unlike karna

Sanskruthi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

That offer was manipulation nothing else the purpose was just to plant 'what ifs' in his mind. This is krishna we are talking  he is great at playing this game if he really did wanted to offer anything go karna he would have revealed everything to yudhishtra and duryodhan and both would left their claim on throne you see duryodhan was a better friend unlike karna

But he never had what ifs in his mind,  tells me manipulation failed, that is if Krishna intended to manipulate it.  Actually Krishna did visit Karna again when Bhishma was the chief,  but yeah the later could be debated for being Krishna mocking Karna (but that's subjective for me he was trying to instigate Karna since Bhishma wouldn't allow him on battlefield) 

I do have questions for Karna,  but those are because of the poet leaving loopholes and I made peace with them saying Vyasa forgot to mention or Karna was a dementia patient. ðŸ˜†