Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuttingChai thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: you2

You all havent seen the film..The film wants people to see burnt faces as normal .they should be given jobs like others,no one should stand and stare...they are not disabled.

The idea is to remove the stigma.

But look at everyone so excited about itšŸ˜ƒ.

How can one be this dumb as a rock just to justify the actions of a film star?

Yes the victims should be integrated into the society and treated respectfully as anyone else would be.  Treated without being made a joke. N what DP and Makeup artist did here is insensitive. This is not the way to respect the victim. Is a way to respect a person with vitiligo , drawing white patches on your body?

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hope this topic is not moved to DM 

rocky212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

O M G..... No!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFF???? NO!!!!!!! I really thought that this would be another nonsense thread hating for no reason but????????? NOOOO!!!!!!! I cant even!

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Could someone explain this to me. I don't watch stuff related to Deepika Padukone. For starters, her voice puts me off. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: zoinks

Essays se yaad aaya...

I think the glycerin is hurting her eyes. 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I personally found the whole thing despicable bec the idea of doing "looks" In makeup videos is generally so that viewers can recreate it at home which is obviously not the case here. The first time i watched it i was like wtfffff 

But... But.... As quoted above, laxmi herself found it empowering and who am i to hijack the conversation and tell a acid attack victim how she should feel........ So if she finds strength or beauty from makeup artists recreating it then we just need to accept that. 

CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

This is quite tone deaf I must say. 

However they could have shown a behind the scenes make up process on how she got on the prosthetics, purely from a VFX make up transformation perspective. That would have been interesting to watch. 

BarunPrabhasFan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Everything is done for PR benefits. Fake people disgust me šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I dont think this is for PR benefit. The ship has sailed already. Deepika is not ready to leave her first production even if it flopped and didn't do desired business. 

This video is insensitive. There are already tweets where some brainless girls have covered their faces with make up and dupatta trying to create poster wala look.. I cant imagine deepika got inspired from those pics. šŸ™„

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

This is a very good point.  However, the big difference here is that a black and blue face due to abuse will eventually heal.  An acid attack victim will have that scarred up face for the rest of her life.  Should she not try and learn to love her face and find beauty within that?  

We are all bashing Deepika for being insensitive towards acid attack victims but arenā€™t we equally being insensitive by bashing this video?  Arenā€™t we basically telling them that their faces are no longer good enough to be part of a look, any look?  

Maybe Deepika should have used different words in this video. But I donā€™t believe her intention here was to just gain publicity for herself with no regards to anyone else.  I also donā€™t think the answer here is a simple ā€œsheā€™s insensitiveā€ or ā€œno, sheā€™s notā€.  How do you recognize victimsā€™ sufferings and fight for justice for them without hindering their ability or willingness to forge a normal life for themselves in a cruel crass society?  

An acid victim's face isn't a look though, it isn't something makeup brings out. It isn't something we should recreate and popularize. It's a scar a woman carries for the rest of her life caused by actions that weren't her own. She didn't choose to get her face burned with acid. She didn't choose to have her face disfigured permanently. 

Heck, let's take a step back and look at makeup in general. It basically telling women that their faces aren't good enough, and they need the contouring, the eyeshadows, the mascara, the face powder thing, to look good in society. 

If we can't accept the face of a typical person who hasn't been fluffed by products, why are people attempting to twist this so it looks like people are accepting them? I'll admit I have no knowledge of how acid victims are treated in society (beyond the normal staring). When it comes to accepting their new faces ... their new faces are the tragic aftermath of an attack. This isn't something they wear with pride, it isn't glorious or some battle scar ... it's a continuous reminder that they lost something very precious to them because of the insecurities of a lesser person. 

How do we help these poor victims? We make laws, we try to prevent this as much as possible, and we hold people responsible for their actions. And most importantly, we treat them normally. Heck, we should treat everyone normally, even disabled people. 

That's why it's hard for me to see the alleged "good" message from this TikTok video. It lacks immense foresight.