Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Lol fans never disappoint. 

I was wondering how they would spin this one ... and I'm cracking up with laughter. 

Surely normalizing acid victims can be done in a way outside of saying "Malti from Chhapak is my third favorite look" in tiktok video promoting a makeup challenge. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

Lol fans never disappoint. 

I was wondering how they would spin this one ... and I'm cracking up with laughter. 

Surely normalizing acid victims can be done in a way outside of saying "Malti from Chhapak is my third favorite look" in tiktok video promoting a makeup challenge. 

Some one said we are insensible n filled with hatred that we can't see good in this act or whatever do actions... šŸ˜•

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Iā€™m not shocked or surprised here. 

DP is setting her selfish insensitive standard higher and higher !! šŸ¤¢ 

Donā€™t want to write any further for her......but NMC summarizes her actions well. 

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Lol. How the tables have turned šŸ˜†

no tables have turned..

its the same posters criticizing Deepika.. its hard to take them seriously if they really are outraged at what Deepika did.. because the video could have had her eat a falafel and the responses would have been the same...

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

buddhi bhrasht hogayi hai aapki deepika ji

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This is so insensitive. I can't even express my disappointment. Ye make-up artist Ko bhi akkal nahi hai! 

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

My god ! Why did she cried buckets during promotions if itā€™s just a ā€œlookā€? Smh !!and her fans wrote essays how affected she was while doing the movie ...šŸ˜† 

Heights of insensitive ness ! So ur depression face is also a look ? Glad people are seeing her intentions clearly which has no morals..

Edited by fivestars - 4 years ago
GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

My god ! Why did she cried buckets during promotions if itā€™s just a ā€œlookā€? Smh !!and her fans wrote essays how affected she was while doing the movie ...šŸ˜† 

Heights of insensitive ness ! So ur depression face is also a look ? Glad people are seeing her intentions clearly which has no morals..

Essays se yaad aaya...

rimi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Vinash kalya vipareet bhudhdhi 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

No matter what Laxmi says, this is not appropriate. A disfigured face from an acid attack is not beautiful. It is a representation of the extreme violence that a woman has gone through. It's not something anyone should be replicating just for kicks. Would you do a fake black-eye or bruises to copy a woman who was abused by her husband? 

Abuse is not beautiful and there is no way it should be made mainstream by a foolish actress and these attention seeking make-up artists.

This is a very good point.  However, the big difference here is that a black and blue face due to abuse will eventually heal.  An acid attack victim will have that scarred up face for the rest of her life.  Should she not try and learn to love her face and find beauty within that?  

We are all bashing Deepika for being insensitive towards acid attack victims but arenā€™t we equally being insensitive by bashing this video?  Arenā€™t we basically telling them that their faces are no longer good enough to be part of a look, any look?  

Maybe Deepika should have used different words in this video. But I donā€™t believe her intention here was to just gain publicity for herself with no regards to anyone else.  I also donā€™t think the answer here is a simple ā€œsheā€™s insensitiveā€ or ā€œno, sheā€™s notā€.  How do you recognize victimsā€™ sufferings and fight for justice for them without hindering their ability or willingness to forge a normal life for themselves in a cruel crass society?