Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

This look statement almost like identical to Salman rape statement.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

An acid victim's face isn't a look though, it isn't something makeup brings out. It isn't something we should recreate and popularize. It's a scar a woman carries for the rest of her life caused by actions that weren't her own. She didn't choose to get her face burned with acid. She didn't choose to have her face disfigured permanently. 

Heck, let's take a step back and look at makeup in general. It basically telling women that their faces aren't good enough, and they need the contouring, the eyeshadows, the mascara, the face powder thing, to look good in society. 

If we can't accept the face of a typical person who hasn't been fluffed by products, why are people attempting to twist this so it looks like people are accepting them? I'll admit I have no knowledge of how acid victims are treated in society (beyond the normal staring). When it comes to accepting their new faces ... their new faces are the tragic aftermath of an attack. This isn't something they wear with pride, it isn't glorious or some battle scar ... it's a continuous reminder that they lost something very precious to them because of the insecurities of a lesser person. 

How do we help these poor victims? We make laws, we try to prevent this as much as possible, and we hold people responsible for their actions. And most importantly, we treat them normally. Heck, we should treat everyone normally, even disabled people. 

That's why it's hard for me to see the alleged "good" message from this TikTok video. It lacks immense foresight. 

@Bold: How do we know that?  Isn’t that us projecting our own feelings onto them?  Maybe you are right. Maybe every time they look in the mirror they are reminded of the most vile and violent day of their lives.  Or maybe you are wrong and instead every time they look into the mirror they are reminded of what they’ve overcome, of how brave they are and how they are able to move on with their lives.  

I’m not disagreeing with your post entirely.  I do think you make valid points.  I just don’t think this issue is as black and white as IF has been trying to make it all day.  The real Laxmi seems like an incredibly positive person by all accounts. She’s not hiding her face. She wears lipstick and eyeliner. She dresses up in pretty clothes. She’s done a few TikTok videos I think.  She’s living a full happy life of any young woman/mother out there and seems to have come to terms with her face.  I suspect there are other acid attack victims who are in the same place as her.  Would they find this video offensive?  I don’t know.  But I do know that they have a bigger say here than I do.  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

This look statement almost like identical to Salman rape statement.

One made an insensitive comment about a scarred up face due to an acid attack.  The other joked about a women’s physical state in the immediate aftermath of a rape.  Are they really identical?  

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

One made an insensitive comment about a scarred up face due to an acid attack.  The other joked about a women’s physical state in the immediate aftermath of a rape.  Are they really identical?  

Both statements come from lack of empathy.. mocking the victim pain

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Both statements come from lack of empathy.. mocking the victim pain

I disagree.  I don’t think Deepika’s came from lack of empathy and her intention certainly wasn’t to mock the victim’s pain.  Insensitive and tone deaf?  Sure.  But I don’t believe she was mocking them or being malicious about it at all.  

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I disagree.  I don’t think Deepika’s came from lack of empathy and her intention certainly wasn’t to mock the victim’s pain.  Insensitive and tone deaf?  Sure.  But I don’t believe she was mocking them or being malicious about it at all.  

Irrespective of the intention the end result is same in both places... 

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I don't see anything wrong with this. Those who have to live with these faces need not be burdened with thoughts like how they've gone through extreme violence every time they look in the mirror. And it's not just disfigured faces because of acid attacks but all sorts of faces which are not conventionally beautiful. Let everybody feel okay with the face they have. We don't have to feel sad or angry every time we look at an acid attack survivor. It's actually why they've been attacked with acid on their face so that their whole life gets defined by it. The least we can do is not do that. 

GumGum thumbnail

Uske PR aur usse abhi bhi bohat zalil hona baaki hai

https://twitter.com/satishacharya/status/1218081565499985920

Vimal Sir ke fans se. 

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Nobody keeps flogging flop films after release. She can't let it go because it's her first production. She had gotten overconfident and can't believe what she's seeing. 

Like someone already said, she should just take her L and go.

ToofanKiBeti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/1218514925787594753?s=20

Absolutely disgusting this woman is.. PR queen ka PR is backfiring now!

Edited by ToofanKiBeti - 4 years ago