Ye Hai Mohabbatein

RKB: forced solitude

Zoyamalik1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

RKB: Forced Solitude 

Tou phir girte hue haath bhi nahi pakarna chaye tha’

Raman Kumar Bhalla, on one of many occasions frustrated by Ishita Iyer.

That’s it. It just clicked for me. 

Rewatching the first thirteen episodes again, I realised one thing. From the minute Raman and Ishita enter the same vicinity, their apartment complex, she starts to seep into his very black and white way of looking at the world. Before marriage is a possibility. Before they both ever consider becoming friends yet falling in love. 

Long before that, he can’t just dismiss her like he does everyone else he believes is inconvenient to his way of life. 

She forces him to react, whether it’s a clash in thinking, or a misunderstanding.

Consider this: 

Without seeing her, he walks past her lamenting at an employee for prioritizing his child over work.

Then she speaks.

A polar opposite point of view, she’s rushing to get to a child in need. 

And yet the impenetrable force field that is RKB, cannot help but reconsider his position on the matter in that moment. 

Someone like Raman, a man who has dismissed women completely, written them off is confronted by a woman that doesn’t just challenge him, she doesn’t recoil when he spits fire. 

He appears dismissive when she reasons with him, gets angry at the mention of parenting Ruhi or when the word his ‘wife’ enters the heated debate. 

But the moment Raman utters the the words opening this post, in one of my all time favourite scenes after ‘’ek duje is vaaste” played it struck me that the undoing of his facade began way before I initially thought.

He, despite himself can’t ignore her. 

For the rest of the world, he thinks that if he spews enough venom or just refuses to engage meaningfully, the world will leave him alone.

His family, he can ignore when he feels like it

His daughter, he can’t even face. 

But Ishita vishwanathan Iyer. She’s something else.

She confronts him unapologetically. Forces him to engage. Leaves him no other choice, gets completely in his face.

Tit for tat.

Yin and yang 

Initially when I watched the show I thought,he’s the typical Amitabh Bachan inspired angry young man. 

This time I’ve realised how much of it is just his efforts to disengage from the world. The anger is a defence mechanism. He doesn’t ferment in it on purpose, he needs it to keep functioning. 

But the frustration, that’s an emotional response he doesn’t need, Ishita forces it out of him. 

Before they’re even under the same roof, her just being around him begins to resurrect the real Raman, one who hasn’t secretly locked himself away and shut everybody out when it actually means something. 

And that folks, the depth in these two characters initially, the golden period of the show, is why I can never quite let go. 

THIS IS ZOYA MALIK, signing back on to the forum, for an encore.

Ps. I missed this place. I missed the vibe. I hope I didn’t just waste your time by posting this! Felt inspired after a long time that’s all!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Zoya, happy to have you back after years. You had first come in post first leap. Loved your analysis then and eager to catch up on the latest one today.

I must tell you Zoya that the very first dialogue that you have penned has my heart. It was that very moment (which I hold closest to my heart) which cemented the fact that these two, who I fondly call IshRa, are actually different to the other regular, run off the mill couples. 

I cannot express how dear these two are to me. 

Reserve for now, will get back to reading your post in detail. It's past midnight here. Take care. 

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Oh how eloquently you have expressed it!! Welcome back once again!

Mi-Amor thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Zoyamalik1

RKB: Forced Solitude 

Tou phir girte hue haath bhi nahi pakarna chaye tha’

Raman Kumar Bhalla, on one of many occasions frustrated by Ishita Iyer.

That’s it. It just clicked for me. 

Rewatching the first thirteen episodes again, I realised one thing. From the minute Raman and Ishita enter the same vicinity, their apartment complex, she starts to seep into his very black and white way of looking at the world. Before marriage is a possibility. Before they both ever consider becoming friends yet falling in love. 

Long before that, he can’t just dismiss her like he does everyone else he believes is inconvenient to his way of life. 

She forces him to react, whether it’s a clash in thinking, or a misunderstanding.

Consider this: 

Without seeing her, he walks past her lamenting at an employee for prioritizing his child over work.

Then she speaks.

A polar opposite point of view, she’s rushing to get to a child in need. 

And yet the impenetrable force field that is RKB, cannot help but reconsider his position on the matter in that moment. 

Someone like Raman, a man who has dismissed women completely, written them off is confronted by a woman that doesn’t just challenge him, she doesn’t recoil when he spits fire. 

He appears dismissive when she reasons with him, gets angry at the mention of parenting Ruhi or when the word his ‘wife’ enters the heated debate. 

But the moment Raman utters the the words opening this post, in one of my all time favourite scenes after ‘’ek duje is vaaste” played it struck me that the undoing of his facade began way before I initially thought.

He, despite himself can’t ignore her. 

For the rest of the world, he thinks that if he spews enough venom or just refuses to engage meaningfully, the world will leave him alone.

His family, he can ignore when he feels like it

His daughter, he can’t even face. 

But Ishita vishwanathan Iyer. She’s something else.

She confronts him unapologetically. Forces him to engage. Leaves him no other choice, gets completely in his face.

Tit for tat.

Yin and yang 

Initially when I watched the show I thought,he’s the typical Amitabh Bachan inspired angry young man. 

This time I’ve realised how much of it is just his efforts to disengage from the world. The anger is a defence mechanism. He doesn’t ferment in it on purpose, he needs it to keep functioning. 

But the frustration, that’s an emotional response he doesn’t need, Ishita forces it out of him. 

Before they’re even under the same roof, her just being around him begins to resurrect the real Raman, one who hasn’t secretly locked himself away and shut everybody out when it actually means something. 

And that folks, the depth in these two characters initially, the golden period of the show, is why I can never quite let go. 

THIS IS ZOYA MALIK, signing back on to the forum, for an encore.

Ps. I missed this place. I missed the vibe. I hope I didn’t just waste your time by posting this! Felt inspired after a long time that’s all!

Zoya, reading your post made me feel like you read my mind! You expressed everything so beautifully. I second every single line you mentioned here. 😊👏

All my life so far, I was not into Hindi shows and only watched 3-4 ITV shows. But now from past 1 month I have time to spoil myself. So I started watching ITV shows. Recently I was engaged with YJHJK. But the stupid superficial supernatural track without a strong storyline couldnt keep me engaged for long. So I was exploring Hotstar and just happened to start watching YHM. I started watching it just few  days ago...and now I am so engaged that I have pretty much ignored every single thing in my life which I could to make time to watch this show.  I have been ignoring this show all this time because I had this proconcived notion that any show that goes past 300 episodes is garbage. How wrong I was! 

I wish I had watched it when it was on air and could talk about it...🙂 Raman and Ishita specially Raman has touched me so deep that when I am not watching the show I keep thinking about his life. 

Karan Patel is such a fabulous actor that he makes me forget that I am watching a performance. ❤️

The little subtle things about Raman character which are sinking in me are so beautifully presented in your post. Raman who is pretty much done with the worldly people and specially women can't ignore a stranger women named Ishita. I find that so touching. Their connection is beyond this world. He consciously ignores her but unconsciously is affected by every single thing she says. However hard he tries he can't just brush her off. And I am loving that...😆

Thanks for the post. I know I am late to the party and the show is off air now but am so glad to see someone talking about the phase of the show I am in. I am going to watch episode 22 onwards tonight...❤️

PS: Now that you are rewatching the show,  keep posting your thoughts. ❤️

DikshaN thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

So beautifully written , I'm so glad u are back I had read ur reviews post the seven year leap and they were so different and gave a whole different approach towards Raman from the usual.

I hope u continue writing would love to read ur POV❤️

Haleyy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Welcome back ! 

This post is like an oasis in a desert 

Felt so good reading it 

That ek tuje ke waste sequence is so passionate 

Had Ishita accepted his suit to warm up Under tree then it might have been like an ordinary Telly couple .. but our ishra is  one of a kind 🥰 

Pre wedding their chemistry is on another level .Ishita’s long firing lecture and Raman’s ignorance by giving her blah looks and fire in his eyes . 

please keep on writing 

Haleyy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mi-Amor

Zoya, reading your post made me feel like you read my mind! You expressed everything so beautifully. I second every single line you mentioned here. 😊👏

I wish I had watched it when it was on air and could talk about it...🙂 Raman and Ishita specially Raman has touched me so deep that when I am not watching the show I keep thinking about his life. 

I also started watching 1.5 years late and was binge watching it that i keep on thinking about IshRa life . When i was watching , I can’t wait to leave from office to binge watch episodes in home . And especially if we binge watch , it looks like ishra n fam is like some fam which we know more . In long run we will feel so connected not only with character but also with the room set up And furnitures and we know what and where each characters things are 😂

Though u started late it’s good for you 

Cos seeing in live post leap is very painful after strong attachment . 

Though we get butterfly effects seeing spoiler pics of ishra scenes , it’s really painful seeing the execution and not giving detailed importance to the characters we loved . 

U have plenty of good episodes to catch up 

i liked your way of interpretation as well 

If possible write on what you feel when you get a chance 

Lots of people is like me to read on different lens n perspectives towards ishra 

Enjoy watching 

Mi-Amor thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Haleyy

I also started watching 1.5 years late and was binge watching it that i keep on thinking about IshRa life . When i was watching , I can’t wait to leave from office to binge watch episodes in home . And especially if we binge watch , it looks like ishra n fam is like some fam which we know more . In long run we will feel so connected not only with character but also with the room set up And furnitures and we know what and where each characters things are 😂

Though u started late it’s good for you 

Cos seeing in live post leap is very painful after strong attachment . 

Though we get butterfly effects seeing spoiler pics of ishra scenes , it’s really painful seeing the execution and not giving detailed importance to the characters we loved . 

U have plenty of good episodes to catch up 

i liked your way of interpretation as well 

If possible write on what you feel when you get a chance 

Lots of people is like me to read on different lens n perspectives towards ishra 

Enjoy watching 

😊 YHM is such a simple but beautiful story. I love the strong character of Ishita. And Raman...he literally had me at Hello..❤️😍.  I would love to write a shot on IshRa..but don't know when. Life is way too busy and I somehow manage to watch the show and now making time to come here and read others thoughts to know if others also feel the same as I do. 🙂

This is the first time I am watching a show of Karan Patel. He is brilliant. He is so natural as Raman Bhalla that he has earned the top spot on my list of fav ITV ML's... 😉  And Ishita Iyer is a sweetheart and pairs well with him.  Like you said, it started to feel like they are real people...real Raman and Ishita  somewhere in Delhi. I very much enjoyed the trip shopping episode. In the fourth or may be fifth dimension these two are just there for each other. I noticed that the writers subtly tried to pass the message that Everytime Shagun hurts Raman, Ishita shows up and unknowingly distracts him one way or the other whether by fighting with him or annoying him..✨and he for the time being forgets the pain Shagun's inflicts on him.

I have been smiling and laughing a lot watching this show...,😍 IshRa ka sense of humor grandeur hai...

Haleyy thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mi-Amor

😊 YHM is such a simple but beautiful story. I love the strong character of Ishita. And Raman...he literally had me at Hello..❤️😍.  I would love to write a shot on IshRa..but don't know when. Life is way too busy and I somehow manage to watch the show and now making time to come here and read others thoughts to know if others also feel the same as I do. 🙂

This is the first time I am watching a show of Karan Patel. He is brilliant. He is so natural as Raman Bhalla that he has earned the top spot on my list of fav ITV ML's... 😉  And Ishita Iyer is a sweetheart and pairs well with him.  Like you said, it started to feel like they are real people...real Raman and Ishita  somewhere in Delhi. I very much enjoyed the trip shopping episode. In the fourth or may be fifth dimension these two are just there for each other. I noticed that the writers subtly tried to pass the message that Everytime Shagun hurts Raman, Ishita shows up and unknowingly distracts him one way or the other whether by fighting with him or annoying him..✨and he for the time being forgets the pain Shagun's inflicts on him.

I have been smiling and laughing a lot watching this show...,😍 IshRa ka sense of humor grandeur hai...

Well said !!

In Shopping episode ishraru were like a perfect family.

Ishita and Ruhi teasing Raman( when he selects some boy stuff / wrong size shoe or dress for Ruhi )  like a every household mother daughter duo teaming up n teasing dad ..

When you get a chance write your view on the episodes you catching up ..

Mi-Amor thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Haleyy

Well said !!

In Shopping episode ishraru were like a perfect family.

Ishita and Ruhi teasing Raman( when he selects some boy stuff / wrong size shoe or dress for Ruhi )  like a every household mother daughter duo teaming up n teasing dad ..

When you get a chance write your view on the episodes you catching up ..

Of course dear. I so much want to discuss YHM episodes as I am getting so much involved with the show. I find it very relatable...as it's very close to  reality but at times I get confused what to think about Raman. One of the recent episodes which affected me a lot was that Holi episode where Raman danced with Ishita. Now I am confused what to think of Raman at that point...Raman danced with Ishita just to show Shagun that he is over her. Why Shangun's reaction matters to him...he is clearly not over her! 🤔

Why can't he just enjoy his newly found happiness...I think Shagun is right..he is still in grasp of his past...he never wants to come out of it! At time I get afraid thinking that if Aditya asks Raman to leave Ishita and remarry Shagun he will do that too! 😢 Hypothetically thinking, Do you think he is capable of doing that to make Aditya happy? At present I don't trust Raman at all...😔

For Aditya he scolded her so badly for no fault of her. I know Aditya is his first born but at the moment he is in bad company and under the influence of bad people like Shagun and Ashok. Someone smart like Raman should be able to see throug that. I don't know what goes in Raman's mind...I tried a lot to put myself in his shoes to feel that will I do the same if I were in his place...but I couldn't! Insult someone to get my child's attention..is it a justified behavior?

Is Ruhi's love not enough for him? Why he wants everything? I don't know..😔 I am on a different tangent right now with respect to my feelings for Raman.. Kya sochun main uske bare main...is he good man? Gentleman don't do things like that...😢

My poor Ishita...she gave me some serous wife goals...she is so kind! Raman kitna bhi gussa Kar le ..but once he speaks normally to her...Toh jhatt se maan jati hai..😍 ...She never loses her cool in front of Ruhi. Infact in this recent fiasco only time I liked Raman when he told Ruhi and I quote" wo tumse Itna pyaar karti hai ki tumhare liye Mera gussa bhi sah leti hai". That statement was touching.❤️  Can anyone explian Raman in the context of this episode? He is such a complicated man... sometimes I fail to understand him completely...but I so badly want to clear my doubts about him..