Kareena Kapoor has undeniable star-power but...

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

I mean, just look at her! She's almost 40 and still going strong. She's given consecutive hits, is looking great, and has a strong lineup as well. Also, busting many myths about how actresses cannot continue being in the mainstream after having kids.

Unlike her sister Karisma who faded away after marriage, Kareena continues to be an A-list actress, with A-list projects and featuring in top 10 of every power list. Also, Veere di wedding's success can be contributed to her because the others have zilch star-power.

But all said and done, I feel Kareena can do better. She is one of the rare actresses with both talent + star-power. Why doesn't she feature in more movies like Heroine( which took a very good opening, btw) and by that I don't mean just female-oriented cinema, but movies where she has something substantial to do. I feel she is taking it too easy and not getting out of her comfort-zone. She was the best part about Good Newzz, her acting was to the point. But I feel all her upcoming movies, she is either part of ensemble casts like Takht or overshadowed by the male lead in Laal Singh Chaadha.

She is no Katrina Kaif or Shraddha Kapoor, she is not limited in acting ability and she needn't stick to flowerpot/decorative roles. I wish she pushes the boundaries of what she can do like a Vidya Balan or Kangana does, and act in more movies where people can appreciate her to the fullest. I'm sure she has no dearth of offers, it's just that she needs to go back to her old ambitious self and fulfill her fans' expectations.

Please share your views.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

but.... undeniable laziness as well.

Or maybe she herself underestimates her acting talent... or maybe that's not what she wants, and wanna be seen as a hardcore commercial actress only, with an exception of a chameli here or an udta Punjab there.

------------------------------

Edited by tanya_91 - 4 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tanya_91

but.... undeniable laziness as well.

Or maybe she herself underestimates her acting talent... or maybe that's not what she wants, and wanna be seen as a hardcore commercial actress only, with an exception of a chameli here or an udta Punjab there.

------------------------------

Her laziness started after Saif came into her life...maybe...

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

How many threads are you going to start on the same topic, TM?

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Her laziness started after Saif came into her life...maybe...

But her biggest fan "Desigal" always used to complain about her laziness much before her marriage, throughout the bygone years over this forum.

I guess what motivates Kareena majorly is to be in the mainstream cinema with consistent success, rather than focusing on grabbing challenging roles with variations, at least her film' choices depicts this.

-----------------

Edited by tanya_91 - 4 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Kareena has always wanted to be a commercial actress with a few offbeat films here and there. Either way the lines between commercial and quality cinema are blurring now so I have no complaints. I used to hate her small appearance in big Khan movies but I have no complaints anymore. I’m Good Newwz, she had equal time as Akki and was amazing 😉 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

i absolutely love the new kareena..the kareena we saw post 2007..if some one who is totally least bothered and genuinely relaxed and chilled out..it is kareena..the calmness she has..what a contrast to the early kareena..whether in GN promotions or being the only calm one in a mess of 3 other hyper and super insecure women screaming off their lungs in VDW promotions..she leaves such a calm and composed impact..someone who is truly enjoying as they say it is..

yes..some.challenging roles be great..but GN was a good role as well..much better than the likes of singham and BB she did some years ago..so hopefully that shall happen too

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Who defines what a good role is ??? Lots of screen time always doesn’t translate into good work. 

What defines difficulty of role ? Like I said once before the most difficult thing in cinema is doing a stunt where you could almost die. Would So called art actors do that ??? 

Kareena is good actor, entertaining personality, she is beautiful and has a great ass 👌  An has given one of the biggest hits of the year. What could you want 

DushtKanya thumbnail

She should do movies with Hrithik I say 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I'm actually very happy with her these past 2-3 years. I think the worst year for Kareena was undoubtedly 2013 where she disappointed her fans with Gori Tere Pyaar Mein and then Satyagraha. Especially since she had given Talaash, Heroine and Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu the year prior. 

But recently with Udta Punjab, Ki and Ka, Veere Di Wedding, and now Good Newwz, she's done such good work, gotten great reviews, and has also struck commercial success. Cant ask for more!