Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: tanya_91

but.... undeniable laziness as well.

Or maybe she herself underestimates her acting talent... or maybe that's not what she wants, and wanna be seen as a hardcore commercial actress only, with an exception of a chameli here or an udta Punjab there.

------------------------------

Lol, laziness. She is the only actress from early 2000’s that is still top actress and she still does glamorous roles. All her contemporaries vanished or they do women centric movies like Vidya Balan or Rani Mukherjee and you are calling her lazy. If she is lazy, then she would’ve say goodbye to Bollywood and focus only on her family like Asin but she is still doing back to back movies opposite of top heroes despite getting married and having a child. 

Edited by mira30 - 4 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

If Alia can get accolades for wailing nostrils then even Kareena can win for Good News 

perhaps Kareena isn’t getting those female oriented film offers ?

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: desigal90

Kareena has always wanted to be a commercial actress with a few offbeat films here and there. Either way the lines between commercial and quality cinema are blurring now so I have no complaints. I used to hate her small appearance in big Khan movies but I have no complaints anymore. I’m Good Newwz, she had equal time as Akki and was amazing 😉 

I remember her interviews when Refugee was coming out. She was going on and on about bringing back the era of Meena Kumari and Nargis - focusing on "acting" rather than dancing around foreign locations in-sync with the hero. But then she signed K3G and did exactly that for the next few years. She also said something like "I will do films for 5-6 years then get married and settle down". I'm glad she's still here and going strong.

[QUOTE=mira30]

Lol, laziness. She is the only actress from early 2000’s that is still top actress and she still does glamorous roles. All her contemporaries vanished or they do women centric movies like Vidya Balan or Rani Mukherjee and you are calling her lazy. If she is lazy, then she would’ve say goodbye to Bollywood and focus only on her family like Asin but she is still doing back to back movies opposite of top heroes despite getting married and having a child. 

[/QUOTE

Lazy in sense of choosing good scripts n opts out with motivation

Lol @ DESIGAL liking this anti lazy comment

As desigal used to be one using this word lazy all the time about kareena n complaining about this.

She even wrote a letter about kareena's laziness , posted here, and forwarded it to her stylist Pompy......hehehe

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

perhaps Kareena isn’t getting those female oriented film offers ?

Salman once said about the film Kahaani that it worked but if you take Kareena or Katrina instead of vidya than that would immediately increase the budget. Which means it would have to make substantially more than what it makes to ensure a hit verdict. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I wouldn’t call laziness necessarily but it’s her choice - she likes to do more urban/commercial type movies and she likes to look good in movies lol in short 😆

Doubt she would ever do roles like Mirch masala / Hellaro / SKA and similarly SLB type Rani type roles as well. 

Then why Udta Punjab and Ki & Ka were not Hits? Except VDW all her Hits are with big Superstars.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Doubt she would ever do roles like Mirch masala / Hellaro / SKA and similarly SLB type Rani type roles as well. 

Is that what real acting is ???

Being deaf, mute, or blind protagonist in a room alone contemplating meaning of life 

Originally posted by: Looney86

Then why Udta Punjab and Ki & Ka were not Hits? Except VDW all her Hits are with big Superstars.

Because of the story, those movies were not hit. Jab We met didn’t have big stars and it was a big hit. She only got praises and awards for her role. In Bollywood, actresses hardly has star power. Most actresses need top male stars to give hits. 

Edited by mira30 - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mira30

Because of the story, those movies were not hit. Jab We met didn’t have big stars and it was a big hit. She only got praises and awards for her role. In Bollywood, actresses hardly has star power. Most actresses need top male stars to give hits. 

https://twitter.com/MehraAmod/status/151195450739929089